MS Exchange forwarding from local accounts but not from external accounts

Hello.-

I have Ms Exchange 2003. My domain is mycompany.com. and I created a
DNS Record and a test account to another domain where the emails
should be forward test@eu.myforward.com. I created the forward and if
I send an email from my internal account me@mycompany.com to
test@eu.myforward.com, the email goes thru fine. Now if I send an
email from me@hotmail.com to test@mycompany.com which in Ms Exchange
should forward to test@eu.myforward.com, the email comes back with:

Reporting-MTA: dns;mycompany.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;myforward.com
Arrival-Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:36:16 -0600
Final-Recipient: rfc822;Test@eu.myforward.com
Action: failed

Any help on this will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0
edu23more (4)

1. Start Exchange System Manager.
2. Double-click Global Settings, and then click Internet Message Formats.
3. In the details pane, right-click a domain name, and then click Properties.
    By default, "*" is the SMTP domain.
4. In the Default Properties dialog box, click Advanced, and then click to
select the "Allow automatic forward" check box.

This allows automatic forward messages to be sent under this SMTP policy.

Let me know...

"edu23more@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hello.-
>
> I have Ms Exchange 2003. My domain is mycompany.com. and I created a
> DNS Record and a test account to another domain where the emails
> should be forward test@eu.myforward.com. I created the forward and if
> I send an email from my internal account me@mycompany.com to
> test@eu.myforward.com, the email goes thru fine. Now if I send an
> email from me@hotmail.com to test@mycompany.com which in Ms Exchange
> should forward to test@eu.myforward.com, the email comes back with:
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns;mycompany.com
> Received-From-MTA: dns;myforward.com
> Arrival-Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:36:16 -0600
> Final-Recipient: rfc822;Test@eu.myforward.com
> Action: failed
>
> Any help on this will be really appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
FrankyM (8)
2/5/2007 9:02:01 PM
Franky.-

Thanks for you quick response on this. I tried what you suggested but
the problem still the same. It seems that the SMTP is trying to send
the email to the outside world when test@eu.myforward.com doesn't
really exist outside, it is only an internal domain. What is strange
is that if the email is send from the inside me@mycompany.com it
forwards fine, it only happens with when you email test@mycompany.com
from yahoo, hotmail, etc and then it is resolved in exchange to
forward that address to test@eu.forward.com

any more ideas?

0
edu23more (4)
2/6/2007 9:04:54 AM
Under Protocols on your front-end
smtp, smtp properties, access, relay
I would add in your entire internal IP Range

"edu23more@gmail.com" wrote:

> Franky.-
>
> Thanks for you quick response on this. I tried what you suggested but
> the problem still the same. It seems that the SMTP is trying to send
> the email to the outside world when test@eu.myforward.com doesn't
> really exist outside, it is only an internal domain. What is strange
> is that if the email is send from the inside me@mycompany.com it
> forwards fine, it only happens with when you email test@mycompany.com
> from yahoo, hotmail, etc and then it is resolved in exchange to
> forward that address to test@eu.forward.com
>
> any more ideas?

0
FrankyM (8)
2/6/2007 5:11:02 PM
Franky.-

Thanks a lot for your help. We end up solving this problem by
configuring an SMTP connector for a smart host, in this case
eu.myforward.com and it works like a charm. I guess this is something
that it should have been done from the beginning.

Thanks again for all your collaboration.

0
edu23more (4)

Closed Accounts
I'm using Money 2003 (US) and on the monthly reports my closed accounts are showing up. I have chhecked the accounts in the master account list and they say they are indeed closed. Is there any way to get them not to show up? It throws my reports way off as it is including my ex's retirement accounts and some of my closed ones. Thanks in advacne for you help. ...

MS Outlook 2007

Exchange 2003 Require a /3GB Switch with More Than 1 Gig RAM
Does Exchange 2003 require the /3GB Switch if you are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I know for Exchange 2000 they said you needed the switch if you are running Advanced or Datacenter but not Server. Just wondering what they recommend for 2003. 291988 A Description of the 4 GB RAM Tuning Feature and the Physical Address http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291988 Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup "Kevin&quo...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Forwarded messages overlayed
When I reveive a message (HTMLformat) and either Forward or Reply to the message, people that receive my message say that any text I typed is overlayed by the message I'm forwarding. The e-mail options I have selected for forwards & replies are "Include the orginal message." What can I do to prevent this. This happen when my mail format is set to Plain text, Rich text or HTML. Thanks for your help Mike ...

best antivirus product for exchange 2003?
We previously used groupshield 4.5 with exchange 5.5 in NT4, but since migrating to exchange 2003 in win2003 environment I would like to get views as to the best product. I've read lots of reviews that do not recommend groupshield 6. poor development and vastly buggy software. any alternatives??? Regards I use Norton Corporate edition and have it set to scan all incoming emails and the server itself every morning at 2am. Never a complaint about Norton. (Lots of complaints about the users but that is for another forum!) >-----Original Message----- >We previously used groupshiel...

Exchange tasks
I have two AD controllers and a third member server with Exchange 2003 installed. Ran Forestprep and Domainprep without any trouble. Is it normal that I can't see the exchange tasks on the AD controllers, only on the exchange server itself (create mailboxes for instances). I suppose installing exchange the Exchange System manager on each of the controllers will solve this, but before I try this, I'd like a second opinion. Tia for any help Rudy Steyaert that's what you need to do... "Rudy Steyaert" <Rudy_Steyaert@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uH8mGp7rEHA.5...

MS Exange connection

receiving mails errors on Exchange 2003
Hi, I've installed an MS SBS 2003, I've configured the exchange 2003 to my domain, but the problem is that I can send email's to some domain (there is one domain that I can't send to) but I can't receive from any domain. (MTA, POP3, exchange routing engine, management, exchange system attendant and exchange information store services are running) Can this be a problem of any default security (firewalls) settings that is installed by default with SBS 2003??? if yes, what I need to do? If anyone of you had this problem before or know the resolution of that, I'll be very ...

Issue with one account's password...
I've been beating my head against the wall on this one for awhile now... I have one user who's password will not work. I've tried resetting it numerous times, and it will still not allow her or myself to log in. What could I be missing here? Keep in mind that I'm pretty new to this Exchange Server stuff in any replies you may have. Thanks so much for any help you can throw my way! By the way, the password is very simple, so it's not an issue of mis-typing. Also, I've given it plenty of time to update the AD listing, so that shouldn't be an issue, right?...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

Outlook 2003 / Exchange 5.5 Prompting Password
Our user and computer accounts are in an AD domain and our Exchange 5.5 Servers are in an NT domain with a two way trust to the AD user domain. Intermittently, Outlook 2003 will prompt for a username and password for the mailbox as though the trust is lost, though users are still able to access file servers in the NT domain which proves that the trust is OK. I have used AD Domains and Trusts to validate that the trust is fine both ways. Most of the time, Outlook 2003 opens fine, but when the prompts start appearing, it seems I need to restart the netlogon service on the AD domain contro...

MS CRM Certification question

exchange 2003 email access
Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being authenticated by the DOMAIN? I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange and accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name. Thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more? Are you trying to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B? "Raul Rego" wrote: > Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being > authenticated by the DOMAIN? > > I have two domains in di...

MS Access

Exchange Activesync
Can PPC2002 devices sync with Exchange Activesync in EX2003? I have had NO luck. I am trying to connect over the air (Sprint Vision) to my Exchange Server at work that is behind ISA. What are the steps to get this working, from client end to server? ...

Disabled Account [WILDPACKET]
Why do disabled accounts receive e-mails???? Some say yes they will receive and some say they should not receive, quite conflicting information I find on the net. Please advise. Thank you. If a user account, disabled or enabled, has a mailbox attached to it then it will receive email regardless. Now you can avoid the NDR's filling up your Admin mailbox with disabled accounts by creating an empty DL list called Deleted Users or similar, then add the SMTP address of the disabled accounts to this DL. The mail will simply drop into a black hole and no NDR's. -- John Oliver, Jr....

Problems with Exchange Search in 2007
I'm having problems with Exchange Search in 2007. Accounts that I have migrated from 2003 servers are unable to use Exchange Search in OWA. They get the error message "Search results may take a long time to appear because Microsoft Exchange Search is unavailable. Results will not include matches in the e-mail body." Accounts that are created new with their mailboxes on 2007 servers do not have this problem. Test-ExchangeSearch returns False for migrated users, True for newly created ones. The search service is running and indexing is enabled for this database. I use...

Contact Manager chokes when asked to create new contact or account
Just installed Outlook 2003 and Contact Manager. When I try to set up either a new contact or account I get this message "Cannot start MS Outlook. A program error occurred. Quit outlook & MS Windows and start again." I click ok (even though it's NOT!!) and I get the hour glass for 20 seconds, then the same message again, hourglass ....then I get the contact screen to fill in. Restarting (and re-booting) does not appear to correct the problem. Any one else with this problem or know of a possible solution? Thanks Contactless ---------------------------------------------...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...