MS Exchange 5.5 help

IS it possible in MS Exchange 5.5 for restricting some
users for not sending Internet mails.Only I need to
give access to intranet, they should be able to send
only to company not externally.
0
anonymous (74725)

I understand and i really appreciate for your help.
I already removed SMTP address for the test user,
but still that user is able to send mails to Internet.
I am still not able to understand this properly.
On delivery restrictions tab I did accept messages from
all,and in reject messages what should i do ?
HELP,please explain me clearly.thanks

to deny
>access. That will all but prevent a user from receiving
Internet
>inbound messages.
>Create a distiribution list and add all the members you
wish to
>prevent Internet Sending. Go to the delivery restrictions
tab on the
>IMS and add that group to the deny messages from box.
>If the list of allow is smaller than the list of deny
then simply
>create a DL of allowed users and enter that DL into the
Accept
>messages box, right next to the deny box.
>It's just a question of what will be least ongoing
management.

>Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
>FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
>http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm
>.

0
anonymous (74725)
4/7/2004 3:52:10 PM
"Hazy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>IS it possible in MS Exchange 5.5 for restricting some
>users for not sending Internet mails.Only I need to
>give access to intranet, they should be able to send
>only to company not externally.

Remove the smtp address from those users to whom you wish to deny
access. That will all but prevent a user from receiving Internet
inbound messages.
Create a distiribution list and add all the members you wish to
prevent Internet Sending. Go to the delivery restrictions tab on the
IMS and add that group to the deny messages from box.
If the list of allow is smaller than the list of deny then simply
create a DL of allowed users and enter that DL into the Accept
messages box, right next to the deny box.
It's just a question of what will be least ongoing management.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5667)
4/7/2004 10:40:14 PM
OK, follow my earlier one a tadge closer. Good for removing the smtp
address that stops inbound.
Now, make a DL.
Then add the names of the users who are to be denied send access to
the Internet.
Go to the IMS, delivery restrictions tab
Add the DL you just created to the reject messages from.
As I recall, you will need a stop/start of the IMS.
That WILL work if you follow it correctly.
Hope this clarifies.

>I understand and i really appreciate for your help.
>I already removed SMTP address for the test user,
>but still that user is able to send mails to Internet.
>I am still not able to understand this properly.
>On delivery restrictions tab I did accept messages from
>all,and in reject messages what should i do ?
>HELP,please explain me clearly.thanks

MS Outlook 2007

Exchange 2003 Require a /3GB Switch with More Than 1 Gig RAM
Does Exchange 2003 require the /3GB Switch if you are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I know for Exchange 2000 they said you needed the switch if you are running Advanced or Datacenter but not Server. Just wondering what they recommend for 2003. 291988 A Description of the 4 GB RAM Tuning Feature and the Physical Address http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291988 Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup "Kevin&quo...

migrate 5.5 mailbox to 2003
i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to 2003 but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help Failed to logon to the target mailbox with the address 'x500:/o=GOV/ou=EDUC/cn=Recipients/cn=test23'. Have you used ADC to replicate from 5.5 to 2003? "drabee" <drabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E5DCA60-13B9-47BD-B153-D3E3C13E8A23@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to > 2003 > but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help >...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

best antivirus product for exchange 2003?
We previously used groupshield 4.5 with exchange 5.5 in NT4, but since migrating to exchange 2003 in win2003 environment I would like to get views as to the best product. I've read lots of reviews that do not recommend groupshield 6. poor development and vastly buggy software. any alternatives??? Regards I use Norton Corporate edition and have it set to scan all incoming emails and the server itself every morning at 2am. Never a complaint about Norton. (Lots of complaints about the users but that is for another forum!) >-----Original Message----- >We previously used groupshiel...

Exchange tasks
I have two AD controllers and a third member server with Exchange 2003 installed. Ran Forestprep and Domainprep without any trouble. Is it normal that I can't see the exchange tasks on the AD controllers, only on the exchange server itself (create mailboxes for instances). I suppose installing exchange the Exchange System manager on each of the controllers will solve this, but before I try this, I'd like a second opinion. Tia for any help Rudy Steyaert that's what you need to do... "Rudy Steyaert" <Rudy_Steyaert@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uH8mGp7rEHA.5...

MS Exange connection

Export Excel data to Lotus Notes 6.5 Address Book
anyone know how to export excel data into Lotus Notes 6.5 address book? I've tried importing from notes... but am not having much luck. thanks, LF ...

receiving mails errors on Exchange 2003
Hi, I've installed an MS SBS 2003, I've configured the exchange 2003 to my domain, but the problem is that I can send email's to some domain (there is one domain that I can't send to) but I can't receive from any domain. (MTA, POP3, exchange routing engine, management, exchange system attendant and exchange information store services are running) Can this be a problem of any default security (firewalls) settings that is installed by default with SBS 2003??? if yes, what I need to do? If anyone of you had this problem before or know the resolution of that, I'll be very ...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Please help with Excel VB question
Hi, I'm trying to set a Name range in Excel through VB, by setting the name property when a specific cell in a worksheet is changed. The code is as follows: fred1 = CStr("=PL!$A$4:$E$" Worksheets("Control").Range("maxnumpass").Value) ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="numpasslist", RefersTo:=fred1 My problem is that the change is only active for the worksheet where I change the cell. Is it possible to ensure that this change takes effect across all worksheets in the workbook? Any and all help appreciated either in a reply to this post or on jgal...

MS Money 2005 Basics

Outlook 2003 / Exchange 5.5 Prompting Password
Our user and computer accounts are in an AD domain and our Exchange 5.5 Servers are in an NT domain with a two way trust to the AD user domain. Intermittently, Outlook 2003 will prompt for a username and password for the mailbox as though the trust is lost, though users are still able to access file servers in the NT domain which proves that the trust is OK. I have used AD Domains and Trusts to validate that the trust is fine both ways. Most of the time, Outlook 2003 opens fine, but when the prompts start appearing, it seems I need to restart the netlogon service on the AD domain contro...

MS CRM Certification question

Password #5
The password I have always used on 2002 Money will no longer let me access my files. Help. any suggestions. from earlier posting... ================================ This is a FAQ: http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q28 In short, a password recovery program will probably get you out of trouble. Try this Google search: http://google.com/search? hl=en&q=password+recovery+microsoft+money ================================================== >-----Original Message----- >The password I have always used on 2002 Money will no longer let me access >my files. Help. any suggestions. > &...

request help on enumeration/numbering algorithm
I have a bunch of dots that I draw on a form and connect them with lines. I have 3 basic groups of dots within a larger group (of which I have hundreds of the larger groups - meaning I will have nearly 1000 of the individual dot groups). I need to color code these dots with 3 separate colors. So starting with a counter at 1 -- the 1 dots group will be blue (for example) and 2 dots group will be yellow, the 3 dots group will be purple -- this is for the first big group. In the 2nd big group we have the 4 dots group (blue), the 5 dots group (yellow), the 6 dots group (purple). Then ...

exchange 2003 email access
Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being authenticated by the DOMAIN? I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange and accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name. Thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more? Are you trying to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B? "Raul Rego" wrote: > Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being > authenticated by the DOMAIN? > > I have two domains in di...

MS Access

help commas before data
Ok, i have these tick marks (they're comma's) in every cell before my data, for example '27458, '33354 I can't get a vlookup to work unless i get rid of the comma's. the problem is i have 28000 rows to fix. Any ideas? I'm using Excel 2000. TIA James sorry, i meant apostrophes "James" <james@guidant.com> wrote in message news:O6WtngAJFHA.3812@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Ok, i have these tick marks (they're comma's) in every cell before my data, > for example '27458, '33354 > > I can't get a vlookup to work unless i...

Exchange Activesync
Can PPC2002 devices sync with Exchange Activesync in EX2003? I have had NO luck. I am trying to connect over the air (Sprint Vision) to my Exchange Server at work that is behind ISA. What are the steps to get this working, from client end to server? ...

Problems with Exchange Search in 2007
I'm having problems with Exchange Search in 2007. Accounts that I have migrated from 2003 servers are unable to use Exchange Search in OWA. They get the error message "Search results may take a long time to appear because Microsoft Exchange Search is unavailable. Results will not include matches in the e-mail body." Accounts that are created new with their mailboxes on 2007 servers do not have this problem. Test-ExchangeSearch returns False for migrated users, True for newly created ones. The search service is running and indexing is enabled for this database. I use...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...