Moving User Mailboxes to a Different Server - Exchange 2000.

How do I move a user mailbox to a different server.  Our organization is
currently have space issues on 1 of our 3 exchange server and I would like to
move a few users around to even out the space.
0
Dan4650 (795)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/1709e5fe-a070-4985-a4b9-8fe67c46b055.mspx?mfr=true

David A. Bermingham, MCSE, MCSA:Messaging
Senior Systems Engineer
www.steeleye.com

Dan wrote:
> How do I move a user mailbox to a different server.  Our organization is
> currently have space issues on 1 of our 3 exchange server and I would like to
> move a few users around to even out the space.

Moving mailbox may not clear space immediately.  You may need to run offline
defrag to gain the space.  I would see what is the available while space
before even moving the mailboxes to another server.  You can check white
space in the exchange database in the event views (event id 1221) or you can
use eseutil to see the free space in the exchange database.  If you have
enough white space you may consider running database offline defrag to gain
the space.

T-RP

"Dan" wrote:

> How do I move a user mailbox to a different server.  Our organization is
> currently have space issues on 1 of our 3 exchange server and I would like to
> move a few users around to even out the space.
0
trp (18)
10/16/2006 6:24:01 PM
No need to check for th white space as we ran our of space 2 weeks ago and
again this morning. :).

We are planning on running the offline defrag tomorrow night.  We are
currently stressing users to clean up before tomorrow, but moving some mail
accounts before tomorrow should help even thigns out also.

Thanks for the heads up though.

"T-RP" wrote:

> Moving mailbox may not clear space immediately.  You may need to run offline
> defrag to gain the space.  I would see what is the available while space
> before even moving the mailboxes to another server.  You can check white
> space in the exchange database in the event views (event id 1221) or you can
> use eseutil to see the free space in the exchange database.  If you have
> enough white space you may consider running database offline defrag to gain
> the space.
>
> T-RP
>
> "Dan" wrote:
>
> > How do I move a user mailbox to a different server.  Our organization is
> > currently have space issues on 1 of our 3 exchange server and I would like to
> > move a few users around to even out the space.
0
Dan4650 (795)
10/16/2006 7:10:02 PM
I had found that article also, but its for Exchange 2003, we are running
exchange 2000 standard.

"daveberm" wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/1709e5fe-a070-4985-a4b9-8fe67c46b055.mspx?mfr=true
>
> David A. Bermingham, MCSE, MCSA:Messaging
> Senior Systems Engineer
> www.steeleye.com
>
> Dan wrote:
> > How do I move a user mailbox to a different server.  Our organization is
> > currently have space issues on 1 of our 3 exchange server and I would like to
> > move a few users around to even out the space.

0
Dan4650 (795)
10/16/2006 7:11:02 PM
Sorry, at the end of this article it is described how to do this with
Exchange 2000...

http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid43_gci1012081,00.html

David A. Bermiingham, MCSE, MCSA:Messaging
Senior Systems Engineer
www.steeleye.com

Dan wrote:
> I had found that article also, but its for Exchange 2003, we are running
> exchange 2000 standard.
>
> "daveberm" wrote:
>
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/1709e5fe-a070-4985-a4b9-8fe67c46b055.mspx?mfr=true
> >
> > David A. Bermingham, MCSE, MCSA:Messaging
> > Senior Systems Engineer
> > www.steeleye.com
> >
> > Dan wrote:
> > > How do I move a user mailbox to a different server.  Our organization is
> > > currently have space issues on 1 of our 3 exchange server and I would like to
> > > move a few users around to even out the space.

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

Moving license to a new computer

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

ShellExecute, WinExec, not launching as a current user...
Hi, I have a service that pretty much does nothing apart from launching an application from time to time, for backup purposes. But a service is launched as 'SYSTEM', (as user), and as when it starts the application it starts it as 'SYSTEM', (not as the 'Current User'). But, because of the registry and multy-users i want the application to be launched as 'Current User', any idea on how i could achieve that? Many thanks Sims Hello Sims! On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:55:46 +0200, Sims wrote: > I have a service that pretty much does nothing apart from launching...

Outlook 2000 Autosignature displays HTML source in HTML mode
I had my graphical autosignature working for outgoing e- mails, but found this week that it suddenly began displaying HTML source code instead. I verified that I am still in HTML mode, but cannot get Outlook to display the signature properly. This seems to have happened at about the time that I received what appearde to be an RTF formatted e-mail, to which I responded. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can restore HTML capabilities to my outgoing e-mails? Regards, Alex ...

Safe to Move?

Can XML describe different hierarchical data?
I want an XML file to describe hierarchical data where each node is different. Each node will contain different and varied other nodes. Describing this in an XML file would be easy but I'm having a problem with this as related to DTD or XSD. What the XSD really needs to do is describe a node, which can contain other nodes. It could not describe the hierarchy of all the nodes in the XML file. Is it possible to describe a free-form hierarchy in an XSD file? Thanks for your help. Bruce W.1 wrote: > What the XSD really needs to do is describe a node, which can contain > other nod...

Open other user's folder...
In Outlook 2002, if I click on FILE / OPEN / OTHER USER'S FOLDER, I get a list of people who have given me access to their calendars and/or mail. Three of these people have resigned and left, and their Outlook userid's have been terminated. But I can't figure out how to delete their names from the OTHER USER'S FOLDER drop-down window. Our help desk can't figure it out either. Does anyone know how to do this? This is a cache list. Open a whole lot other inboxes and they will eventually drop of the list ;-) The entries are kept within your profile in the registry. B...

Prevent users from deleting mail
Hello all...... I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows 2003. Is it possible to configure a select group of users to prevent them from deleting any of their own mail? If so, how? Thank you for your time. Ed "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote in news:OU6gtr0bEHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows 2003. Is it possible to > configure > a select group of users to prevent them from deleting any of their own > mail? If so, how? > Thank you for your time. Odd request. I can't think of a way to accomplis...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Conv Access 97->2000-Gets a method or data member not found error
For the following code which compiles and runs successfully in MS Access 97, when converting to MS Access 2000 the following compile error occurs "Method or data member not found." for the line below. tempID = rs.[UserID] UserID is a field in the tblSecurity table. It seems that the tblSecurity table is not opening in MS Access 2000 since this error will occur using any field, not just UserID. This error does not occur in MS Access 97. PLEASE HELP. The routine is displayed below. Sincerely thanks, Phil ------------------ CODE - Shown Below ------------------ Private Sub...

Multiple user excel file
I want to create an excel file which can be use by multiple user at a time and the data updated in these files should bet stored in a centralized user file. I don't know how to go about it. Could you please help me out with this? I have created that input excel file using forms. one way to do it is to create multiple excel files and use a master file to link them all. e.g. create 4 files, master.xls, user1.xls, user2.xls, user3.xls formula in master.xls: A B C =[user1.xls]Sheet1!A1. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B1. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!C1 =[user2.xls]Sheet1!A2. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B2. =[user1....

"user defined functions" in Visio?
Is it possible to use "user defined functions" in Visio VBA like in Excel? I tried the following: Function HypotenuseLength(x, y) HypotenuseLength = Sqr(x ^ 2 + y ^ 2) End Function VBA (Visio) accepted the function, however, I cant seem to use it in the shapesheet. I believe the ability to execute code within the shapesheet is very limited (and does not include user functions) al <rhatcher@titan.com> wrote in message news:1132930181.246901.196070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to use "user defined functions" in Visio VBA like in > ...

Setting up a new user
I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment. I've got one user set up and able to access his mailbox. I then created a second user on the server. When I try to connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file". What the heck does that mean? How do I do what it is asking? The client PC is running XP Pro, and I did restart it and log on to the...

Howto find multiple servers using TCP
I have to search my subnet to look for servers that are listening on port 30715. I am using one thread of a derived class of CAsyncSocket. I am using CEvents with a 200 milisecond timeout, if there is no connection within the 200 miliseconds, then I know there is no serer. However searching from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 takes a long time. Is there a better way? I can't think of another way. But if the server program is your program, then I have a suggestion. I have a server that alot of clients connect to, and I really didn't want to have to input the server address in ever...

Moving Pages between two publications

How do I change default user name for all Excel Files?
Attempting SSconsolidation ex Tools-->Options, User Info tab. You may need to do it from Word, depending on your version...which is why including your version is always helpful. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "miriamfox" <miriamfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0889E47B-E1C6-4F3B-B6D5-8AF5405AA92C@microsoft.com... > Attempting SSconsolidation ex ...

Can find POP3 server but not SMTP?
Hi all I am having a problem connecting to an SMTP server with Outlook 2000 in Windows XP, it says that the SMTP server is not found and gives me a dialogue box to try and reenter it. The POP3 server is the same as the SMTP server (different ports), and it finds the POP3 server no problem and downloads mail, but when it goes to send mails, it tells me that it can't find the server (even though it just found it). Also I have tried pinging the server, and no problem there. I checked the ports - 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3. I also verified the following settings were correct by comparing wi...

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...