moving mails in mail enabled public folders

Hi,
  when user just drags a mail from the public folder and moves it to another
public folder, it gets copied. How can I set it so that it gets moved? I
know the shift key can be used, but I need it to work without any additional
tasks then dragging the item.

      Thanks, Jan

0
miloush1 (64)

Drag with the right mouse button not left?

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
3/21/2007 11:57:49 AM
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:49:22 +0100, "Jan Kucera"
<miloush@community.nospam> wrote:

>Hi,
>  when user just drags a mail from the public folder and moves it to another
>public folder, it gets copied. How can I set it so that it gets moved? I
>know the shift key can be used, but I need it to work without any additional
>tasks then dragging the item.
>
>      Thanks, Jan

Right clicking the item in question and selecting Move to folder will
work.
0
adavid (8731)
3/21/2007 1:13:11 PM
Hi Oliver and Andy,
  thank you for your replies. However, these are all workarounds. Does it
mean this behaviour cannot be set, either in Outlook or Exchange?

    Jan

"Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:49:22 +0100, "Jan Kucera"
> <miloush@community.nospam> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>  when user just drags a mail from the public folder and moves it to
>> another
>>public folder, it gets copied. How can I set it so that it gets moved? I
>>know the shift key can be used, but I need it to work without any
>>additional
>>tasks then dragging the item.
>>
>>      Thanks, Jan
>

> Right clicking the item in question and selecting Move to folder will
> work.

0
miloush1 (64)
3/21/2007 3:07:47 PM
That is correct, it cannot be set.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)

how do I re-direct my exsisting e-mail account to outlook express.
I have Outlook express 2003 on my new computer. I have been using a Yahoo e-mail address in the past. I would like to redirect my e-mail to outlook. >-----Original Message----- >I have Outlook express 2003 on my new computer. I have been using a Yahoo=20 >e-mail address in the past. I would like to redirect my e-mail to outlook. >. > Outlook Express is a part of the operating system, specifically Internet Explorer. You will have better luck where the OE Gurus hang out: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=3DInternetExp= lorer redirecting e-mail <red...

PUBLIC CONTACTS #4
I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . When we creat a new contact and try to save it I get an error: "the item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" Can anyone help me with this proble ? Thank you!! Mike wrote: > I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to > create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . > When we...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

mail and calender
I believe I used to see a small calender on the right of my screen when in outlook mail. It would also spell out the nature of upcoming appointments. Can't seen to recall this option. Please help. It's called the Date Navigator. How you get it back on depends on your version. Please enlighten us - which version of Outlook are you running????? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Sc...

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

mail server
Is Exchange an absolute must? Can I do without it? Can any other mail server do? Thank you. Hi Bill, Exchange is not required. There are 3 scenario's: 1) Exchange -> email can be sent and received in CRM 2) SMTP -> email can be sent from CRM but not received 3) Nothing -> email cannot be used from CRM. For more info http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/01/05/Running_Microsoft_CRM_without_Exchange_Server.aspx Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "bill tie" wrote: > > Is Exchange an abso...

moving databases
when i use the "optomizer" program and agree to the recomendations, the program fails to move the databases. It will attempt to, and then after awhile it just stops responding. When i try to move the databases manually and then change the data paths, i get an error that says the data is already moved and it fails to change the paths... any suggestions?? Hi Tim, Do the databases themselves actually move? Does the server hang trying to stop services? Look in the registry at HKeyLocalMachine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ ParametersPrivate\DB Path ParametersP...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

Outlook98
I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders I have set up and been using over the past several years, have dissapeared. I believe the PST file is the same size, but the folders and their contents are nowhere to be found. How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1029601c3f42b$1ace3ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Kurt Wolfe wrote: > I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders > I have set up and been usi...

Saga of trying to move to Quicken
The following is a series of lessons learned in attempting to use QIF to move 13 1/2 years of data from Money Plus to Quicken. I purchased 2009 and contacted Quicken support who provided Quicken 2004 and directions to use QIF files to perform the conversion. 1) Make certain that you change all of your account names to be less than 15 characters. 2) Same for categories and classifications 3) If you use sub classifications they will go over combined with the classification. Quicken does not have sub-classifications. 4) export all of your accounts to separate files. In my case this is 80 ...

sharing folders in outlook
After setting up my outlook contact files to be shared via email, I sent a test email to myself asking if I wanted to accept the sharing utility. However on the email that was sent I am supposed to click on an 'accept' button to start sharing, however there is no 'accept' button present. There is a note that says if the button is not present I need to install the 'net folder component' however I have searched the microsoft site and cannot find any relevent installation advice. Does anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook "Donna" <anonymous@di...

red recovery drive folder
So I got a virus on my computer a month ago and I had a friend from geek squad come over and restart it with a recovery disk that Dell had sent me (I have a dell) after it was restored and the virus was gone my recovery folder was red and switched to my C: drive, and my os is now D: drive. When I asked him about the recovery drive being red he just told me that "its a good thing" but now when I go to download things for school onto my computer they wont stay, they download but stop right before its finished and I can't find it anywhere. I really need my computer properl...

OWA
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.spa...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Moving server between admingroups in Exchange 2003
Is it now possible to move a server between Admin groups in Exchange 2003? If not what happens when I remove a server from an Admin group? If I need to kill an Admin group in EX2003 do I need to rebuild the Exchange server to put it in another Admin group? I have three (1 in a distant country) and now I need to move a server to a different admin group. Kind Regards, Simon. You must reinstall the Server into the AG that you want it to be in. Yes, you will need to completely remove the server from the previous AG before it will allow you to reinstall it into the new one. -- Steven D...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Recurring e-mail
Hello all, I have a user who wants to send out a message to a list of recipients every Monday at 8:00. Exact same text, same recipents every time. Any suggestions on how to do this? I suggested a recurring Calendar item, but he wants an e-mail. OL2003/Exchange 2003 Thanks See if this info helps any: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm "Andy Williams" <f_u_b_a_r_1_1_1_9@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m> wrote in message news:Os%23TSjzpFHA.3408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I have a user who wants to send out a message to a list of recipients > ...

Missing emails in Outlook Express 6 on XP Pro after moving location store
I hope anybody out there can help me out. I am using OE 6 on XP Pro. I tried moving my store folder using the following commands: 1 From Outlook Express (OE), select Tools-Options- Maintenance-Store Folder-Change 2 Select a precreated empty folder 3 Restart OE. When I did the above, I could not see any of my emails being copied from the original location to the new location (it should do it automatically, shouldnt it?) So I went thru steps 1-3 again, but now changed BACK to the original folder, now I could not get or even see any of my emails, and when I tried to view with ...

strange e-mail from CRM
I keep getting strange e-mail from my CRM server. It has my name in the "from" and a serial number "bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7bebbef-2c05" as the subject, and then in the message is has this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><DeviceInfo xmlns="AirNotify:"><Version>1.1</Version><BindingMap><Folder><FolderId>bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7bebbef-2b1f</FolderId><DeviceId>D5264C7F2FB8AE10DBA83BE2DA9B73FC</DeviceId></Folder><Folder><FolderId>bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7b...

public folder referals multiple servers
Hello all I have 4 exchagne servers two are 5.5 and two are 2003, they are all in the same admin group and routing group. Three out of the four exchange servers are on the local LAN and the 4th (5.5 server) is connected over the WAN. I have one user, who has an account on one of the local 2003 servers, everything works fine with this user except whenever he hits send and recive in his outlook 2003, his outlook wants to connect to the public folder store on the 5.5 server across the WAN, and when it does the user always gets propted for credentials within outlook. The steps i took t...

Mail Merge In Excel Only
I have a form in one spreadsheet and data in another, how can i perform a "mail merge" to get the data to go in the correct fields in the form? -- Thanks, Sharon Maybe you can use this idea from Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html and http://contextures.com/xlForm03.html SHARON wrote: > > I have a form in one spreadsheet and data in another, how can i perform a > "mail merge" to get the data to go in the correct fields in the form? > -- > Thanks, > Sharon -- Dave Peterson ...