Moving Mailboxes problem?

1. We have a Domain server running Win 2k Sp4.
2. We have Ex 5.5 Sp4 installed on a Win 2k Sp4 Server.
3. We have done a fresh install of 2003 Server on a new
server, and then a fresh install of Exchange 2003. Once
this is running properly, we want to move the mailboxes
from the 5.5 to the 2003 exchange server.
4. I set up the Active Directory connector on the 2003
server, and it is running a 2 way connection between the
Domain server and the 5.5 server, using the default LDAP
port  389. It is replicating to the default objects
(Active Directory users > Exchange Recients both ways)
5. I can see the 5.5 server on the 2003 server management
snap in, but with no attributes.
6. I can see the 2003 ex server on the 5.5 server
management interface but it will not let me move the mail
boxes.
7.  There are no events in any event logs mentioning the
ADC's failures or successes.
8. When I first forced the Replicate Now option, in the
Exchange 5.5 server, a Custom Recipient was generated for
every mailbox.

I have a feeling the ADC is not running correctly. Any
suggestions? Do I have to change the LDAP port? Do I need
any connector for the 2003 Exchange to the 2000 Domain
Server?

0
anonymous (74717)

I'm guessing but have a look at your ADC credentials, it could be a security
issue.

--
Cheers
DV

"eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 1. We have a Domain server running Win 2k Sp4.
> 2. We have Ex 5.5 Sp4 installed on a Win 2k Sp4 Server.
> 3. We have done a fresh install of 2003 Server on a new
> server, and then a fresh install of Exchange 2003. Once
> this is running properly, we want to move the mailboxes
> from the 5.5 to the 2003 exchange server.
> 4. I set up the Active Directory connector on the 2003
> server, and it is running a 2 way connection between the
> Domain server and the 5.5 server, using the default LDAP
> port  389. It is replicating to the default objects
> (Active Directory users > Exchange Recients both ways)
> 5. I can see the 5.5 server on the 2003 server management
> snap in, but with no attributes.
> 6. I can see the 2003 ex server on the 5.5 server
> management interface but it will not let me move the mail
> boxes.
> 7.  There are no events in any event logs mentioning the
> ADC's failures or successes.
> 8. When I first forced the Replicate Now option, in the
> Exchange 5.5 server, a Custom Recipient was generated for
> every mailbox.
>
> I have a feeling the ADC is not running correctly. Any
> suggestions? Do I have to change the LDAP port? Do I need
> any connector for the 2003 Exchange to the 2000 Domain
> Server?

0
vinkad (70)
1/5/2004 6:00:33 AM
Try moving the mailboxes through Active Directory Users and Computers
(right-click a user and select Exchange Tasks).

Denis McDowell [MSFT]

"eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 1. We have a Domain server running Win 2k Sp4.
> 2. We have Ex 5.5 Sp4 installed on a Win 2k Sp4 Server.
> 3. We have done a fresh install of 2003 Server on a new
> server, and then a fresh install of Exchange 2003. Once
> this is running properly, we want to move the mailboxes
> from the 5.5 to the 2003 exchange server.
> 4. I set up the Active Directory connector on the 2003
> server, and it is running a 2 way connection between the
> Domain server and the 5.5 server, using the default LDAP
> port  389. It is replicating to the default objects
> (Active Directory users > Exchange Recients both ways)
> 5. I can see the 5.5 server on the 2003 server management
> snap in, but with no attributes.
> 6. I can see the 2003 ex server on the 5.5 server
> management interface but it will not let me move the mail
> boxes.
> 7.  There are no events in any event logs mentioning the
> ADC's failures or successes.
> 8. When I first forced the Replicate Now option, in the
> Exchange 5.5 server, a Custom Recipient was generated for
> every mailbox.
>
> I have a feeling the ADC is not running correctly. Any
> suggestions? Do I have to change the LDAP port? Do I need
> any connector for the 2003 Exchange to the 2000 Domain
> Server?

0
denismcd (32)

Moving license to a new computer

MDBdata folder problem
I came in this morning and the Exchange 2000 server would not start. I noticed that the MDBdata folder contained 50gig of data, so I deleted all the .log files that started with E and restarted the Exchange server. Everything seems to be working fine. I then read in this newsgroup that it is a bad idea to delete those files manually. I have two questions: 1. Will I run into problems now that I have deleted those files manually? 2. a 5 meg log file is created every 2 minutes. Is there a way I can reduce the frequency of these log files? thanks for your advice. hk "Hasan Kachal&...

Formatting Problem-Highlighting a cell when date has expired past current date
Hi, I'm currently trying to set up a sheet that highlights when current certificate has expired. When a user enters a date in a cel and as time passes, that date expires, I'd like to highlight the cel and ideally make it automatically say the word expired instead of th date. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi for highlighting the cell you can use conditional formating: - select your cell - goto 'Format - Conditional format' - enter the formula (if A1 is your cell) =A1>TODAY() - choose your format...

Problem with Disabling a Cmd Button Based on Another field in the
I am using Access 2000. I have a command button that should be enabled if the OwnerStatus = "Current Owner" and disabled for any other value. This is my code: Function SetOneInvoiceCommand() As Boolean Dim blnEnable As Boolean If Me![OwnerStatus] = "Current Owner" Then OneInvoiceCommand.Enabled = True Else OneInvoiceCommand.Enabled = False End If End Function When I 1st enter the form, the OneInvoiceCommand button is ENABLED no matter what the value is in the OwnerStatus field. However once I click the Owner Status field once, the ...

Problem with fonts which switch
Dear users, I have a problem with MS Outlook 2002. Sometimes, the font of my messages suddenly switches from the default font 'courier new' to 'arial', i.e. from an fixed-width font to an proportional font although my default settings are: 1) mail sending format: plain text 2) international font / proportional font: courier new 3) international font / fixed-width font: courier new (Note: I know that 'courier new' is not an propoartional font but my problem also occurs if the proportional font is arial.) How is this possible? Is this due to that in a message there a...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...

Phone Number Normalization Problem
We are using the Avaya CRM Integration Client for CRM. It has some dialing and screen pop capabilities that we need to use. For the Avaya CRM Integration Client the phone numbers must be formatted in the following format: XXXXXXXXXX We have created some JavaScript code to re-format phone numbers with the onChange event. The event works fine. It only works, however, if we resave the record. Then we only have about 60-120 seconds to dial or receive a call before CRM (we think it's actually the Microsoft Outlook synchronization) reformats the phone number and causes the CRM integration piec...

Problem with EDIT_COPY
What would disable the EDIT_COPY (Ctrl+C) function of an edit control? I have one dialog box based program with standard editbox that works and another dialog based program with standard editbox that doesn't. ie one will copy contents to the clipboard and the other will not. Both are enabled and not read only. Sorry, nevermind, as soon as I sent this I saw the problem. "mao" <NONOSPAM123@@datasouth.com> wrote in message news:eA%238wtZvDHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What would disable the EDIT_COPY (Ctrl+C) function of an edit control? I > have one dialog box b...

Money / MSN Billpay Password problem
I followed the recent email instructions regarding changing my Billpay password. I can sign in to MSN Billpay on the web without any problem, but Money 2004 will not accept that password to access Billpay from within the software. I keep getting an error message that the password is incorrect when I know it's not. Things worked fine before this upgrade to Billpay. I've been on the phone and email with four different support reps to no avail and I've searched these posts. Any ideas? When you say "access Billpay from within the software", are you referring to Onl...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Problems with ungrouping and selecting one item to ungroup
I have created a flyer in Microsoft Publisher 2003 by using two text box and adding text. I then inserted a clipart. I have grouped the entire flyer, but would like to ungroup just the picture, but I am having problems. I checked the Publisher Help section, which told me to click on the Drawing toolbar. I could not find the Drawing toolbar, and even looked under View, Toolbars, and Customize...but found nothing. Then reading a post on this board, I found that it might be under "Arrange," so I looked there. I found the group and ungroup commands, but they are "gray...