moving mailboxes between 5.5 and 2003

After I succesfully move a mailbox from a 5.5 server to a 2003 server it
takes about 20-40 minutes for the client to be able to use the mailbox. OWA,
Outlook and POP clients error out during this time but eventually everything
works.  Both servers are in the same site and org - is this normal?

0
juraj1 (5)

I am not sure how long it usually takes but the best way to do it is move
mailboxes during none business hours.

"Juraj Lisiak" <juraj@juraj.com> wrote in message
> After I succesfully move a mailbox from a 5.5 server to a 2003 server it
> takes about 20-40 minutes for the client to be able to use the mailbox.
> OWA, Outlook and POP clients error out during this time but eventually
> everything works.  Both servers are in the same site and org - is this
> normal?

alexc7217 (22)
4/9/2005 8:05:27 PM
mine takes 15 min, I think this is normal, related to the frequency of
directory replication?

0
pmettes1 (4)
4/9/2005 11:03:55 PM
It's bit strange because I've tried to force AD replication and when I
connect to the DCs all the changes are reflected within 5 minutes.  However
the users still can't access their mailbox for at least another 15 minutes.

<pmettes@gmail.com> wrote in message
> mine takes 15 min, I think this is normal, related to the frequency of
> directory replication?

0
juraj1 (5)

RPC over HTTPS #5
Does RPC over HTTPS work if; a) all of my domain controllers are Windows 2003 b) my front-end OWA servers are Windows 2003 running Exchange 2003 c) my back-end clustered server is Windows 2000 running Exchange 2003 Thank you for your help. On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:13:13 -0400, "Victor Spector" <victor@mstcomp.spammersgohome.com> wrote: >Does RPC over HTTPS work if; >a) all of my domain controllers are Windows 2003 >b) my front-end OWA servers are Windows 2003 running Exchange 2003 >c) my back-end clustered server is Windows 2000 running Exchange 2003 > >Th...

Junk Email Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I started sending spam to my junk email folder. Now all my email is going to junk email. Even Safe Senders go to Junk Email. Is there away to change it so everything don't go to Junk Email? Thanks John Yeah, double check your settings, make sure your contacts are NOT set to be sent to the junk mail folder... >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I started sending spam to my junk email folder. Now all >my email is going to junk email. Even Safe Senders go to >Junk Email. Is there away to change it so everything >don't go to Junk Email? > >...

Exchange 2003 down
I installed Norton Antivirus client on my server yesterday. Last night, it quarantined the e00.log file. Since then I have not been able to mount either the priv or the pub databases. I even tried having symantec restore the file (I have a copy of the one that was current). It made a little difference (missing log file is now there). Any ideas of what else I should do? Both databases showed dirty shutdown. I did the eseutil /p on the pub database and everything seems to go ok (no longer dirty shutdown) but cannot run isinteg against it. "OC" <anonymous@discussio...

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

outlook 2003 crashes when typing into to: line
whenever i create a new message, and type into either the to:, cc:, or bcc: line to enter the email address, outlook crashes. i don't get the microsoft crash message... and i've checked the event viewer, which shows no sign of a crash.. i've already done a clean reinstall of office 2003 any ideas? ...

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Money 2003 restoring a backup asking for a password that does't ex
I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the same data there in my home. So i made a backup, put on a pendrive and brought it to home. Installed microsoft money 2003 in my home and tried to restore this backup. Money 2003 insists asking a password that does not exist in the original backup file. I already tried to use the repair tool and didn't work. So, what i have to do to make the backup work and does not ask a password that does not exists? Thankyou In microsoft.public.money, Calil wrote: >I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the sa...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Outlook 2003
Hello. I like to change the method of visualization images on Outlook 2003. There's a away to change this to be just like outlook express? For example, when a image (jpg) is attached on, currently I must double click on image to open it. I would like that appear on mail body like Express. Anyone can help-me ? Outlook is not Outlook Express. It does not have the native ability to display pictures inline as does OE. Outlook is primarily a business tool and businesses seldom have a need to display pictures in email. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook} Please post all followup questio...

Moving Exchange 2000

Money 2003 #6
I just recently bought a new computer and it came with Microsoft Works Suite 2003. I tried to back up a money file to the disk rw drive and when back up window came up it had the floppy drive shown and would not let me change it. Can anyone exlain how I would do that? No, because you can't. The oft-repeated FAQ: --- Q): How do I backup to CD-RW? CD-R? A): First, remember that a CD-R or CD-RW is not a general purpose random access storage device and needs software (like DirectCD from Easy CD (Coaster) Creator by Roxio) to begin to pretend to be. (That having been said, the poor relia...

Exchange 5.5 / 2000 /2003
Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000=20 and 2003 in the wrong forum?? This forum is regarding Exchange 5.5 There=B4s forum=B4s for them all, PLEASE place the questions=20 in the right forum gladefoged You need to read this: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/newsgroups/default.asp -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "gladefoged" <gl@lundbergvest.dk> wrote in message news:5be401c3ad2e$b1e74350$a601280a@phx.gbl... Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000 and 2003 ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Outlook 2003 rules
I had an email address - fname_lname@domain.com. My company got a new domain name, so now my email address is fnamelname@domain2.net. I will forever get emails to both addresses. I want all emails sent to fname_lname@domain.com to go to a specific folder. I've tried creating a rule manually, I've tried right clicking on the specific email and creating the rule from there. I've tried importing the rule from 2002. (The rule works just fine in 2002!) I'm unable to get it working. Anyone have any ideas? Create a rule that looks for the old e-mail address in the Interne...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Publisher 2003
I am using Publisher 2003 and have set up Styles for easy formatting. The font colors I have set up randomly keep changing back to Black. Example: I have a style set up called Header - Autumn with the font color of Orange. At times when I open my file to print it, all the text I chose Header - Autumn for is now Black. It's showing Black on my monitor and it's printing black. When I go back in to where I set the style up, it's also reverted to Black. This isn't happening to all my Styles. Just randomly enough to drive you nuts. Got any suggestions as to what's...