Moving Mailbox and Exchange Tasks NOT available

I am trying to MOVE users across INTRAORG from Exch 5.5 to 2003.  I do not
get an option Exchange Tasks when trying to move some users.  Whats the
problem?  Here is an example -
http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/11/exchange_2003_m.html (Moving
mailboxes with ESM)

0
andrewpol (3)

Do you have Exchange 2003 SP1?
Without SP1 it's not possible to move users across Administrative Groups
when in mixed-mode.

--
Blog "subject: exchange"
http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo

"-->AP" <andrewpol@mail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to MOVE users across INTRAORG from Exch 5.5 to 2003.  I do not
>get an option Exchange Tasks when trying to move some users.  Whats the
>problem?  Here is an example -
>http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/11/exchange_2003_m.html (Moving
>mailboxes with ESM)

0
Rui
1/15/2005 5:19:51 PM
Yes we have Exchange 2003 SP1

"Rui J.M. Silva" <rjms(nospam4me)@oninet.pt> wrote in message
> Do you have Exchange 2003 SP1?
> Without SP1 it's not possible to move users across Administrative Groups
> when in mixed-mode.
>
> --
> Blog "subject: exchange"
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo
>

> "-->AP" <andrewpol@mail.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to MOVE users across INTRAORG from Exch 5.5 to 2003.  I do not
>>get an option Exchange Tasks when trying to move some users.  Whats the
>>problem?  Here is an example -
>>http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/11/exchange_2003_m.html (Moving
>>mailboxes with ESM)

0
andrewpol (3)

Exchange 2003 down
I installed Norton Antivirus client on my server yesterday. Last night, it quarantined the e00.log file. Since then I have not been able to mount either the priv or the pub databases. I even tried having symantec restore the file (I have a copy of the one that was current). It made a little difference (missing log file is now there). Any ideas of what else I should do? Both databases showed dirty shutdown. I did the eseutil /p on the pub database and everything seems to go ok (no longer dirty shutdown) but cannot run isinteg against it. "OC" <anonymous@discussio...

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...

Exchange Small Business Server 2003 18GB storage limit issue
Running SP2 and configured the "registry file" with DWORD , increased the size to 70GB in "Private Store" Stll get following error. Exchange store 'First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (SERVER)': The logical size of this database (the logical size equals the physical size of the .edb file and the .stm file minus the logical free space in each) is 18 GB. This database size has exceeded the size limit of 18 GB. Any idea please. Store gets unmonted once a week. Thanks for the help mxarun Check the spelling of the registry value as per: http://markarnold.blogspot...

Moving Folder error

Exchange Advanced tab not appearing on users in ADUC
Hi, I have enabled View | Advanced Features in ADUC but none of the Exchange-specific tabs are appearing on the users. Can anyone help me with this please? On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:54:34 +0000 (UTC), Tony Hales <Maintex@Tiscali.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >I have enabled View | Advanced Features in ADUC but none of the Exchange-specific >tabs are appearing on the users. Can anyone help me with this please? > Install Exchange System manager. Additionally, it is important that they Service Pack level of the Exchange Server is also applied to the Exchange System Manager o...

Moving between worksheets

Backup Exchange #2
Hi, I have Ex2003 server with the w2k server, and an "Arcserve Backup Program V11" with the Exchange agent. Whene I try to configure the "Brick level exchange agent" get the message " Faild to configure your server" and this message get after the authinticate between the arcservce and the ex2003. Is there Any security that prevent the bricklevel of arcserve to work? is there any prevent to PORT 6070 ? ...

Exchange Server w/ private ip
Greetings all Exchange 2000 Exchange Box in private network. Mail forwarded from Exchange Box t "Gateway" box then from Gateway box to world. My concern is in the headers, you see, all outgoing email contains th internal private address of the exchange box! I would like to chang that to a public address or perhaps to 127.0.0.1 if possible. ---example--- Return-Path: <donut@bagodonuts.com> Received: from mail.bagodonuts.com ([xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]) by nager (Earthink SMTP Server) with ESMTP id 7yr8NZFmQ0 for <test@earthink.net>; Sat, 1 May 2004 14:37:48 -0700 (P...

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

Disabled Mailboxes
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. All of our user mailboxes have been succesfully migrated. We used ADC to create disabled mailboxes from our Exchange 5.5 then we ran ADMT to migrate NT 4.0 ID's and then we ran ADCClean to combine Migrated NT 4.0 ID with mailbox and sid history. This worked great. My issue is in addition to user mailboxes we have what we call group Mailboxes. In Exchange 5.5 these were associated with same NT 4.0 ID's as users mailbox. During migration process ADC realized you can only have a one to one relationship between mailboxes and crea...