Moving exchange2k3 server machine account from default OU to another...

Hi all.

I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The
computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU,
and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I
have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a
problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going
to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects
OU, just the computer account.

Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems
be ok if i just move it back to the default OU?

--

Gripe

0
nah1 (2)

On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:26:48 +0300, "Gripe" <nah@not.no> wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The
>computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU,
>and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I
>have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a
>problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going
>to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects
>OU, just the computer account.
>
>Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems
>be ok if i just move it back to the default OU?

Be aware:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271335
"System Attendant generates Event ID 9186 and Event ID 9187 in
Exchange 2000 and in Exchange 2003"

0
adavid (8731)

"soap server application faulted" when adding an action in the workflow application
I can open the workflow manager, create a rule and insert a condition. When I try to assign an action to the condition I get this error and the manager shuts down. Can anyone shed any light? Thanks for your help. ...

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Moving license to a new computer

Using Outlook to read from a https web account
Is it possible to add an email account with a https address? I have tried adding an account via Email Accounts => Add New Account => HTTP with no success ( I tried with and without the secure password option). I have successfully registered "standard" http accounts previously. TIA, -dan ...

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

Safe to Move?

importing and linking accounts / contacts
I need to import about 700 accounts and a similar (but slightly smaller) number of contacts into CRM 3.0, link the contacts to the accounts, and link the accounts to a parent account. Irritatingly, my access to CRM's features are restricted and I have to rely on some guy at another office to do the import. He agrees that he can bulk import the account / contact data, but he claims that bulk linking is impossible. Is it possible to bulk link in CRM 3.0? Is it possible that my company's particular CRM version or license or configuration doesn't have this capability? If bul...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Howto find multiple servers using TCP
I have to search my subnet to look for servers that are listening on port 30715. I am using one thread of a derived class of CAsyncSocket. I am using CEvents with a 200 milisecond timeout, if there is no connection within the 200 miliseconds, then I know there is no serer. However searching from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 takes a long time. Is there a better way? I can't think of another way. But if the server program is your program, then I have a suggestion. I have a server that alot of clients connect to, and I really didn't want to have to input the server address in ever...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

SFO Installation Error
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. Please make sure that the user you use to login on your pc is also known in crm with the same user name and password. this is required! Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Troy" wrot...

SBS2003 + BB Express Server?
I'm wondering if running a large Exchange store with the BB Express Server is too much to push a 32-bit server OS like SBS2003?? My limited users were earlier complaining about how slow to search their mails were (large amounts of mail! :p), so with a completely renewed install + restoring their Exchange store, am I pushing the limits of the server? I would think that if one could upgrade the RAM (I have 5 GB presently, only 3.5 GB being recognized) substantially and run a 64-bit OS, one would have more headroom, or can I get away with a year or so with the current setup? ...

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...

Can find POP3 server but not SMTP?
Hi all I am having a problem connecting to an SMTP server with Outlook 2000 in Windows XP, it says that the SMTP server is not found and gives me a dialogue box to try and reenter it. The POP3 server is the same as the SMTP server (different ports), and it finds the POP3 server no problem and downloads mail, but when it goes to send mails, it tells me that it can't find the server (even though it just found it). Also I have tried pinging the server, and no problem there. I checked the ports - 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3. I also verified the following settings were correct by comparing wi...

Changing MS defaults for CPropertySheet Tab Tooltip
Dear MFC community: I am a developer working on an MFC application using property sheets. I have added tooltip functionality for the property sheets by deriving both CPropertySheet and CPropertyPage. The application I am working on needs customization with multilined tooltips and at least 200 characters supported. I have successfully implemented this strategy for the tooltips on the controls themselves inside each property page. However, I am not able to change the MS defaults of one line and 80 characters limit for the tab headers of the property sheet. Please find below the code that cr...

How do I change default user name for all Excel Files?
Attempting SSconsolidation ex Tools-->Options, User Info tab. You may need to do it from Word, depending on your version...which is why including your version is always helpful. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "miriamfox" <miriamfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0889E47B-E1C6-4F3B-B6D5-8AF5405AA92C@microsoft.com... > Attempting SSconsolidation ex ...