Moving "Exchange Domain Servers" group to other OU?

Exchange 2003+SP1

If move "Exchange Domain Servers" group from Default User contaniner to
other OU that was defined for Admin services users and workstations, exchange
2003 freeze at "Applying computer setting" when it restarts.

If move this group back to User container, then exch2003 restarts ok.

does anyone have an idea about it?

Thanks
0
Gary103 (266)

got KB260914 for the event ID:9157,
however, it just mentioned the installation of Exch2003 with same problem.

Gary

"Mike" wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> I moved the Exchange groups from the default container and ended up with
> errors on my exchange server. There is a article on Technet  (Sorry, I can't
> remember the KB#) but it jut states that exchange is hard coded to look for
> the exchange groups in the default OU container. Onces I moved these exchange
> groups back to the default OU all errors cleared themselves.
>
> Mike
>
> "Gary" wrote:
>
> > Exchange 2003+SP1
> >
> > If move "Exchange Domain Servers" group from Default User contaniner to
> > other OU that was defined for Admin services users and workstations, exchange
> > 2003 freeze at "Applying computer setting" when it restarts.
> >
> > If move this group back to User container, then exch2003 restarts ok.
> >
> > does anyone have an idea about it?
> >
> > Thanks
0
Gary103 (266)
4/27/2005 8:47:54 PM

"Gary" wrote:

> Exchange 2003+SP1
>
> If move "Exchange Domain Servers" group from Default User contaniner to
> other OU that was defined for Admin services users and workstations, exchange
> 2003 freeze at "Applying computer setting" when it restarts.
>
> If move this group back to User container, then exch2003 restarts ok.
>
> does anyone have an idea about it?
>
> Thanks
0
Mike1154 (1216)
4/27/2005 10:20:26 PM
Yes Exchange is hardcoded for the group "exchange DOmain servers" and
"Exchange Enterprise servers" to be there in Users Conatiner. Once theses
groups are moved from there MSExchnageSA will not start.

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> got KB260914 for the event ID:9157,
> however, it just mentioned the installation of Exch2003 with same problem.
>
> Gary
>
> "Mike" wrote:
>
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> I moved the Exchange groups from the default container and ended up with
>> errors on my exchange server. There is a article on Technet  (Sorry, I
>> can't
>> remember the KB#) but it jut states that exchange is hard coded to look
>> for
>> the exchange groups in the default OU container. Onces I moved these
>> exchange
>> groups back to the default OU all errors cleared themselves.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> "Gary" wrote:
>>
>> > Exchange 2003+SP1
>> >
>> > If move "Exchange Domain Servers" group from Default User contaniner to
>> > other OU that was defined for Admin services users and workstations,
>> > exchange
>> > 2003 freeze at "Applying computer setting" when it restarts.
>> >
>> > If move this group back to User container, then exch2003 restarts ok.
>> >
>> > does anyone have an idea about it?
>> >
>> > Thanks

Moving "Exchange Domain Servers" group to other OU?
Exchange 2003+SP1 If move "Exchange Domain Servers" group from Default User contaniner to other OU that was defined for Admin services users and workstations, exchange 2003 freeze at "Applying computer setting" when it restarts. If move this group back to User container, then exch2003 restarts ok. does anyone have an idea about it? Thanks got KB260914 for the event ID:9157, however, it just mentioned the installation of Exch2003 with same problem. Gary "Mike" wrote: > Hi Gary, > > I moved the Exchange groups from the default container and ended...

Missing "Exchange Domain Servers" group
Hello everyone, since a few days now, I am missing the "Exchange Domain Servers" member in the "Exchange Enterprise Servers" group. The server is a w2k3 with e2k3. When this happens, it seems that the server is still working fine. Exchange is handling mail as normal. The problem is: There is no access to the Mailbox Store or the queue objects in Exchange System Manager. It seems like the Mailbox Store is dismounted. After adding "Exchange Domain Servers" as a member to "Exchange Enterprise Servers" group manually, the Mailbox Store is accessible ...

SendAs for "Exchange Domain Servers" and "Exchange Enterprise Servers" denied
Hi all, I'm having problems with SMTP with all my exchange servers (4) under the same organization. The Event IDs are 7010 and 7004. I look them up and they are caused by the impossibility to authenticate between servers. I've made focus on the article 843106 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee there, this paragraph call my attention: If Integrated Windows Authentication is enabled, but the events persist, the sending server in the 7004 event or in the 7010 event may lack or be denied the SendAs right on the receiving server. If the sen...

Exchange Domain Servers group
We have a root domain and several child domains in our organization (all 2003). The Exchange Enterprise Server group is comprised of the Exchange Domain Servers group. Some of our child domain admins have put themselves in the Exchange Domain Servers group and therefore have access to all mailboxes in the org. According to this article this was going to be addressed in 2003, but I tried and was able to open another user's mailbox on another domain: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309718 What is the best way to lock this down so this can't happen? Phill...

Exchange Domain Servers Group Empty
We are currently in mixed mode Exchange 2003. One exchange 2003 server has been deployed so far. The Windows domain environment is mixed mode 2003 with some NT 4 DC's. Several Exchange 5.5 servers exist in different domains. A RUS exists for each domain, but I am concerned that it is not "stamping" all the necessary attribute on mail-enabled users in certain domains. For example, a user that exists in the domain in which the first Exchange 2003 server has been installed appears fine when you examine the mail attributes. However, mail enabled users (ex5.5) in the other domains A...

Inherited permissions on Exchange Domain Servers Group won't stay checked
Hi there, We are in a bit of a bind. The Inherited Permissions box for the Exchange Domain servers group in our child domain (child.parent.local) keeps unchecking itself. We are running W2K3 with E2K3, one parent domain and 3 child domains. Only one of the 3 child domains is having this problem. Replication occurs every 15 mins, and the change happens about 30 mins after we reset the permission. As you can imagine this is playing havoc with our RUS. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

"exchange domain servers" group query
Currently I have a forest with one parent domain and 4 child domains. We have recently added a second DC to all the child domains. Their ability to do exchange stuff is broken, they just come up with RPC errors. I think I fixed that by installing the System Manager on them. Looking at the Exchange Domain Servers group on the parent domain, it has the Exchange server as a member, looking at the same groups on the child domains, it just has the one original domain controller that each child domain had. Now that we have a second DC in each child domain, should they be in that Exchange Dom...