Moving Exchange 5.5 to new Exchange 5.5 Server

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C44E2A.1247E0F0

On my current 5.5 server, I am running Windows 2000 SP2, with Exchange =
5.5 SP4.  On the new server, I would like to use Windows 2000 SP4 and =
Exchange 5.5 SP4 obviously.  My question is this:  Will the differences =
in Windows Service Packs, affect anything with Exchange 5.5 SP4.  I am =
planning on implementing the New 5.5 server into the same Site and Org, =
and using the Move Mailbox feature, to move User Mailboxes to the new =
server.

Does anyone see anything wrong with my configuration?

Please Advise.

Thanks!
------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C44E2A.1247E0F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On my current 5.5 server, I am running =
Windows 2000=20
SP2, with Exchange 5.5 SP4.&nbsp; On the new server, I would like to use =
Windows=20
2000 SP4 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 obviously.&nbsp; My question is =
this:&nbsp; Will=20
the differences in Windows Service Packs, affect anything with Exchange =
5.5=20
SP4.&nbsp; I am planning on implementing the New 5.5 server into the =
same Site=20
and Org, and using the Move Mailbox feature, to move User Mailboxes to =
the new=20
server.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anyone see anything wrong with my=20
configuration?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please Advise.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C44E2A.1247E0F0--

0
jjackson (7)

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C44EB9.596F28F0

Hi JayDee,

There is nothing wrong with that setup and it is actually preferred to =
be up to the latest Service Packs on both the OS and Exchange. I would =
suggest going to the Exchange Download site and get all of the latest =
versions of the Store, MTA and IMC.

Hope this helps,

--=20
Patrick Genova
Pgenova@online.microsoft.com
Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for =
Newsgroup purposes only.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.

  "JayDee Jackson" <jjackson@chrome.com> wrote in message =
  On my current 5.5 server, I am running Windows 2000 SP2, with Exchange =
5.5 SP4.  On the new server, I would like to use Windows 2000 SP4 and =
Exchange 5.5 SP4 obviously.  My question is this:  Will the differences =
in Windows Service Packs, affect anything with Exchange 5.5 SP4.  I am =
planning on implementing the New 5.5 server into the same Site and Org, =
and using the Move Mailbox feature, to move User Mailboxes to the new =
server.

  Does anyone see anything wrong with my configuration?

  Please Advise.

  Thanks!
------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C44EB9.596F28F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi JayDee,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There is nothing wrong with that setup =
and it is=20
actually preferred to be up to the latest Service Packs on both the OS =
and=20
Exchange. I would suggest going to the Exchange Download site and get =
all of the=20
latest versions of the Store, MTA and IMC.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hope this helps,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Patrick Genova<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:Pgenova@online.microsoft.com">Pgenova@online.microsoft.com=
</A><BR>Please=20
do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup =
purposes=20
only.<BR>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and =
confers no=20
rights.<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"JayDee Jackson" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:jjackson@chrome.com">jjackson@chrome.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23YE6JUmTEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl">news:%23YE6JUmTEHA.=
1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On my current 5.5 server, I am =
running Windows=20
  2000 SP2, with Exchange 5.5 SP4.&nbsp; On the new server, I would like =
to use=20
  Windows 2000 SP4 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 obviously.&nbsp; My question is=20
  this:&nbsp; Will the differences in Windows Service Packs, affect =
anything=20
  with Exchange 5.5 SP4.&nbsp; I am planning on implementing the New 5.5 =
server=20
  into the same Site and Org, and using the Move Mailbox feature, to =
move User=20
  Mailboxes to the new server.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anyone see anything wrong with =
my=20
  configuration?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please Advise.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Thanks!</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C44EB9.596F28F0--

0
pgenova (145)

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C44EFE.396BEAD0

Patrick,

Thank you for the info!! Can you give me a link to the Exchange 5.5 =
Download site or the actual specific locations of the Store, MTA and IMC =
updates?

Thanks again for your help.

JayDee

  "Patrick Genova [MSFT]" <pgenova@online.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:%23nrEgrtTEHA.332@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
[...]

<DIV><FONT size=3D1>
<P><FONT size=3D3>Patrick,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D3>Thank you for the info!! Can you give me a link to the =
Exchange=20
5.5 Download site or the actual specific locations of the Store, MTA and =
IMC=20
updates?</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D3>Thanks again for your help.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D3>JayDee</FONT></P></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Patrick Genova [MSFT]" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:pgenova@online.microsoft.com">pgenova@online.microsoft.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23nrEgrtTEHA.332@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl">news:%23nrEgrtTEHA.3=
32@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi JayDee,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There is nothing wrong with that =
setup and it is=20
  actually preferred to be up to the latest Service Packs on both the OS =
and=20
  Exchange. I would suggest going to the Exchange Download site and get =
all of=20
  the latest versions of the Store, MTA and IMC.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hope this helps,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Patrick Genova<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Pgenova@online.microsoft.com">Pgenova@online.microsoft.com=
</A><BR>Please=20
  do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup =
purposes=20
  only.<BR>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and =
confers no=20
  rights.<BR></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    <DIV>"JayDee Jackson" &lt;<A=20
    href=3D"mailto:jjackson@chrome.com">jjackson@chrome.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
    message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:%23YE6JUmTEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl">news:%23YE6JUmTEHA.=
1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On my current 5.5 server, I am =
running Windows=20
    2000 SP2, with Exchange 5.5 SP4.&nbsp; On the new server, I would =
like to=20
    use Windows 2000 SP4 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 obviously.&nbsp; My =
question is=20
    this:&nbsp; Will the differences in Windows Service Packs, affect =
anything=20
    with Exchange 5.5 SP4.&nbsp; I am planning on implementing the New =
5.5=20
    server into the same Site and Org, and using the Move Mailbox =
feature, to=20
    move User Mailboxes to the new server.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anyone see anything wrong with =
my=20
    configuration?</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please Advise.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Thanks!</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C44EFE.396BEAD0--

0
jjackson (7)

Move rule only copies
I have Outlook 2000 and whenever I apply the Move to rule (ie; when mail received, sent from, move to folder XX), the rule copy's the email to the folder indicated. Hence I end up with the same email in two places. Anybody know what's up with that? Ideally, I want to MOVE the email TO the indicated folder only. You may have more than one rule acting on a particular message, creating copies where you didn't expect them. Try adding "stop processing more rules" to the end of your move rule and see if that helps. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent t...

Multiple daily exchange rates in FRx
Currently the FRx Currency Translation tables does not take into account that users may want to use different daily rates for Budgets, eg using the daily rates for the Actuals but specify a different rate for a Budget column. Whilst there is a work around it is clumsy and not very logical to be using History tables instead of the daily tables. Also, some client will only use month end rates but they have to enter a rate for every day of a month - ideally the CCSPOT should offer the ability to specify different frequencies, ie daily, weekly, monthly, annual etc - as per the standard cu...

Move Personal.xls
I work with excel a lot and I have a lot of macros saved to my personal macro workbook - my question is can I save that personal.xls to a network drive instead of the XLstart folder and will it work the same? Any time I get a new hard drive, new install of office - I have to start over with my macros. I don't think you can move it as the XLStart directory is determined at install time.So if you have a local install, the XLStart will be local. But it is just a workbook, take a copy and save it, maybe on the network. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing di...

POP3 on Exchange 2003
Dear All, I have POP3 disabled on my Exchange 2003. I want to enable POP3 for 3 users only and make sure that it is disabled by default for any new accounts which will be created. Please advice. -- Haroon Malik On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 04:07:01 -0800, Haroon Malik <HaroonMalik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >I have POP3 disabled on my Exchange 2003. I want to enable POP3 for 3 users >only and make sure that it is disabled by default for any new accounts which >will be created. > >Please advice. There are many tools. ADMODIFY.net will help you ...

bp server and e-mailing server lowest price Waiting for u #3
We have been supplying BP server and mailing server since 1999. All of these servers have been entered into main USA,Canada,Europen and other counteries. Believe in us,we had been the best BP server and mailing server facilitator we continuously improve our product /service system and truly value all your suggestions and comments. Balance is the most important princible of us(big smile to u) Bullet Proof servers: 4 IPs 1024MB RAM DDR P4 2.4 CPU 80 GB Dedicated 100 M fiber Unlimited Data Transfer Linux/Windows/FreeBSD &nbsp; price:$ 500 mailing server 64 IPs 2G RAM DDR P4 2.4 80 GB Linux/...

Leak in Exchange Permissions
Hello colleagues, I've a problem in our Exchange 2003 environment.: Every administrator can send faked emails using Outlook. - Normal users can't. Example: I get an email from a colleauge, I click on reply, add the "From fied" to the response email and change my name to the name of my boss. Then I sent this email and my colleauge gets an email from his boss (faked by me). I've checked the permissions on the mailbox; there is not set "send as" and there is no "send on behalf". Do you have an idea how I can solve this issue? Perhaps do you have to...

CRM and Exchange integration 02-25-05
I believe this has been asked before, but i cant find the topic, so i am opening a new one for my question. How much is it possible to integrate CRM with exchange? In our current setup both outgoing emails and tasks live seperate lives - one for my exchange user (and is accesible with standart outlook tools), the other - for my CRM user (is accesible from CRM interface or sales module in outlook). Is there a way i could sync. those two, so that tasks created in crm web interface show up in outlook calendar, emails sent from CRM show up in my outlook sent-mails folder, etc.? to give a mo...

Runtime error #5
This is all the code I am trying to get to work, basicalu copy the cells G9:G15 onto next available row in 'database' worksheet, clear cells G9:G15 and advise the user the job has been 'done' ther code I have.... Sub copydata() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Range("G9:G15").Copy Sheets("database").Select Range("a1").End(xlDown).Select ActiveCell.Offset(1, 1).Range("a1").PasteSpecial _Paste:=xlValues, Transpose:=True Range("A1").Select Selection.End(xlDown).Select ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Formula = ActiveCell + 1...

FRx on new machine
Hi, I installed FRx on a new machine which will server as a test environment. First can I have several FRx installs on the same machine? For example if I want two separate test environments. So I want to bring all information from my production FRx machine - things like company names, report specifications, etc. I will be using a separate SysData folder for each testing environment. Is there a guide to which files I need to copy or any utility I can use. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Peter ...

Simple Query only returning 5 records
I am very new to Access, therefore I'm pretty sure I know where the problem is. That said...I have a query built of multiple imported tables. I'm mostly using it to combine values for data analysis. I have been changing the query up and rerunning it over and over. Yesterday I got some error that said I didn't have enough memory or disk space to finish the query. Now I can only get 5 records out when I run the query. I don't know if the two are related but something is up. In trying to discover the issue I have deleted all table connections and simply tried to return all the val...

Setup New Company--sth is Missing!!!
We tried to setup new company in MSGP. The inventory didn't setup correctly. It appears that there were two tables (ARG10200 and ARG00101) and the 12 associated stored procedures missing. Can someone please let me know what am I missing/forget to do? Please advise. Thank you very much. Unless this is new to version 8, I don't see any ARG tables in the Great Plains Resource Descriptions. Perhaps this is a third party add-on/module that you have to install or initialize after the new company is created? If it is third party, they should have provided documentation regarding ins...

can I rename echange 2003 server with ease
Is it difficult to rename exchange 2003 server with 5000 users? Thanks In news:11A23EBE-DDF2-4E62-BAEA-0BBF51D70B9C@microsoft.com, Johan <Johan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is it difficult to rename exchange 2003 server with 5000 users? > > Thanks Not difficult at all if you don't mind that Exchange will break. ;-) It's impossible to rename an Exchange server without breaking Exchange. Does that answer your question? Why is there a need to rename your Exchange server? In any event, if you HAVE to rename it, you'll have to either migrate to a new s...

Global Addresslist Exchange 2003
Hi! How can I easy "publish" the global addresslist to my users? I can´t see it in outlook under Common map... there´s only the Newsgroup thing.. -- Best Regards Niklas Banck I don't understand the question. Outlook running against an Exchange server will automatically have access to the Global Address List. In Outlook, simply go to the Address Book. There is nothing extra that you have to do. What do you see when you open the Address Book from Outlook? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedbur...

Powershell 2 new features
Hi all, just wondering whether there is a list of new features for v2. Ideally something more verbose than http://huddledmasses.org/whats-new-in-powershell-2/ and less then having to read the whole help file and having to filter v1 stuff. Many thanks, R. (Google isn't being very helpful today.) This might help: PS>help about_Windows_PowerShell_2.0 Marco "radski" <radski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B42EDAAF-F3EE-4858-8722-AAEAB6715BDD@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > just wondering whether there is a list of new...

Sharepoint Server vs Sharepoint Services
Bonjour! I would like to know for the business poprtal what I would lose or gain if install Sharepoint server instead of Windows Sharepoint services. If there is a document related to that? Regards, Joel :) With MOSS 2007, you gain the following features: Workflow (there are 6 workflows that ship with GP) Search Reports Library Excel Services -- Charles Allen, MVP "Joel" wrote: > Bonjour! > > I would like to know for the business poprtal what I would lose or gain if > install Sharepoint server instead of Windows Sharepoint services. > If there is a documen...

Exchange 5.5 Outbreak Manager Service stopped
Outbreak Manager Service stopped after i restarted the service. Can someone advice was is the problem.......thanks in advance. In the last exciting episode, vabarahon@hotmail.com (vaba2000) wrote: >Outbreak Manager Service stopped after i restarted the service. Can >someone advice was is the problem.......thanks in advance. Exchange doesn't have an outbreak manager service. IIRC that's a service component of a 3rd party AV product. ...

Exchange 2003 Recurring Errors
Hi all - thanks in advance for any help with this. I have a single-server Exchange 2003 enviornment. In the app log of the server I am getting the following recurring errors: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 2037 Date: 10/6/2004 Time: 9:26:46 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: The file version of '\address\smtp\i386\inproxy.dll' installed on the local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on any server in the site. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 2027 Date:...

CRM 3.0 and clustered Exchange router
Hi Does CRM 3.0 allow installation of clustered Exchange Router? Thank you -- Microsoft Navision Developer / Consultant Yes. See http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx fro more details. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hassan Loutfy" <HassanLoutfy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E80F1A5B-AAE4-4C51-9271-C7CFC14C080B@microsoft.com... Hi Does CRM 3.0 allow installation of clustered Exchange Router? Thank you -- Microsoft Navision Developer / Consultant ...

Synch to SQL utility for Exchange?
Does any know of a tool or add-in that will allow us to synchronize the contact data in our Exchange public folder with an externally hosted SQL database? The data formats are NOT the same so field mapping of some sort would be needed. -- Tom G. Remove my "hat" to reply ...

mailbox unable to create for a user in exchange 2003
Hi, I am facing a problem with exchange mail box creation for a user in our company. Actually, we have a datacenter with PDC (like PDC.abc.com) and Additional Domain Controller (like EXG.abc.com) with Enterprise exchange server 2003 installed in it. And I was installed a child domain (TEST0.test.abc.com) with windows 2003 server standard edition, exchange server 2003. Installation was successful and I didn’t get any error messages in installation log file. And replication is happening properly from child domain to PDC and child domain ADC and vise versa. Now, I am trying to create a user in c...

New appointment disappearing
Hi When I adding a new appoinment in Outlook it disappearing after some second... I get this mesage in my exchange event viewer: Calendaring agent failed to update the free/busy cache during an appointment save or delete operation. and some equal event Event ID: 3018, 8206, 8213 and 8199 Source: EXCDO W2K3 Server SP1 Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 sp2 suggestion? Regards Henning Generally when we see calendar information suddenly disappearing we begin to suspect file level scanning of your databases by your Antivirus Software. Make sure that your antivirus software is set to exclude ...

Can i recover my excel file after saving with new data?
I edited and accidentally saved the new data, but I need the oringial file. Is there ANY way I can retrieve this?! hi, unless you have a backup copy or are on a network that can restore from nighly backup .... no. sorry FSt1 "katieneedshelp!" wrote: > I edited and accidentally saved the new data, but I need the oringial file. > Is there ANY way I can retrieve this?! ...

Moving Outlook Notes between folders -- strange behavior
After I upgraded to OL2003 my settings for the Notes folder were apparently reset to archive automatically. I have over 200 Notes, and most of them got moved to an archive .pst on my hard drive. I would like to simply move them back to my "live" .pst file, but drag and drop doesn't work. When I select a note in the archive and then right-click and select "Move to folder..." Outlook creates a new MAIL message with the note as an attachment. I can't find any way to extract it from the mail message and deposit it in the original Notes folder. Does anyone know...

CRM4 code "move to" error on Hosted site
Hi, I'm runnnig some code to migrate data to CRM4 site that is hosted. I can follow the SDK documentation and all the authentication work properly. But when I use the crmservice.retrievemultiple methos it comes up with the error "<h2>Object moved to <a href="https://abc.domain.com/signin.aspx?targeturl=https%3a%2f%2fabc.domain.com%2fdefault.aspx">here</a>.</h2> </body></html> Any assistance appreciated. ...

Project Server Not Revised Anything
Dear All, When I submitted any task or approval tasks from PWA, project server could not do anything, this happened for all of the resources In the Database I cannot show any transactions. I use project server 2007 & SQL 2005, The following message appears me when I submitted: "Your updates were not saved because of the following reasons:" And for approval it is take a few minutes and reflect nothing. I cannot understand the Log file, Could you please help me to expose this problem? Regards, ...