Moving Exchange 2000

Hi,

I have a exchange 2000 server running on windows 2000 which I need to move
onto a new server/hardware but cannot find  techincal documents telling me
how to do this. The only documents I can find are on disaster recovery which
doesnt seem to cover moving exchange across onto new hardware. Does anybody
have some a document ???

Also I would like to run exchange 2000 on server 2003, I'm guessing that
this won't be a problem to move it onto new hardware running server 2003 ??

Kind Regards

Paul...
0
Paul297 (621)

Use the move-server method detailed here:

http://tinyurl.com/ys7e9

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

> Hi,
>
> I have a exchange 2000 server running on windows 2000 which I need to move
> onto a new server/hardware but cannot find  techincal documents telling me
> how to do this. The only documents I can find are on disaster recovery
which
> doesnt seem to cover moving exchange across onto new hardware. Does
anybody
> have some a document ???
>
> Also I would like to run exchange 2000 on server 2003, I'm guessing that
> this won't be a problem to move it onto new hardware running server 2003
??

> Kind Regards
>
> Paul...

0
neil.hobson (1158)
10/29/2004 9:43:44 AM
To migrate your old server to the new..
check this document..
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77B6D819-C7B3-42D1-
8FBB-FE6339FFA1ED&displaylang=en

--
Regards,
Yannick DUCERF
803B13A3-9AFF-41C9-AB10-422E5EED770F@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a exchange 2000 server running on windows 2000 which I need to move
> onto a new server/hardware but cannot find  techincal documents telling me
> how to do this. The only documents I can find are on disaster recovery
which
> doesnt seem to cover moving exchange across onto new hardware. Does
anybody
> have some a document ???
>
> Also I would like to run exchange 2000 on server 2003, I'm guessing that
> this won't be a problem to move it onto new hardware running server 2003
??

> Kind Regards
>
> Paul...

0
yducerf (64)

Moving license to a new computer

Access 2000 limitations
I have an application that works over an Access 2000 database. A few days ego I noticed problemas in the database, as records are deleted alone. I'm just suspecting that Access 2000 does not support then number of records in the database: Table 1 - Two million records Table 2 - One million records Table 3 - One hundred thousand records. Other tables are smaller, over 300 records. Then full file contains these tables is 500 mb The question is if anyone has had problems with access to this amount of records? I have to delete records to avoid further loss records? ...

Exchange 2003 down
I installed Norton Antivirus client on my server yesterday. Last night, it quarantined the e00.log file. Since then I have not been able to mount either the priv or the pub databases. I even tried having symantec restore the file (I have a copy of the one that was current). It made a little difference (missing log file is now there). Any ideas of what else I should do? Both databases showed dirty shutdown. I did the eseutil /p on the pub database and everything seems to go ok (no longer dirty shutdown) but cannot run isinteg against it. "OC" <anonymous@discussio...

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

Outlook 2000 Autosignature displays HTML source in HTML mode
I had my graphical autosignature working for outgoing e- mails, but found this week that it suddenly began displaying HTML source code instead. I verified that I am still in HTML mode, but cannot get Outlook to display the signature properly. This seems to have happened at about the time that I received what appearde to be an RTF formatted e-mail, to which I responded. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can restore HTML capabilities to my outgoing e-mails? Regards, Alex ...

Safe to Move?

Conv Access 97->2000-Gets a method or data member not found error
For the following code which compiles and runs successfully in MS Access 97, when converting to MS Access 2000 the following compile error occurs "Method or data member not found." for the line below. tempID = rs.[UserID] UserID is a field in the tblSecurity table. It seems that the tblSecurity table is not opening in MS Access 2000 since this error will occur using any field, not just UserID. This error does not occur in MS Access 97. PLEASE HELP. The routine is displayed below. Sincerely thanks, Phil ------------------ CODE - Shown Below ------------------ Private Sub...

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Another question concerning powershell and exchange 2003
i am really strugling with this process. I see examples on the net for doing this but they all do a lot more than I want so there is a ton of code to sift through. Basicly I will query AD for a user account. I want to be able to create the mailbox for that account. Do you have a simple example of what i need to do to get access to CDOEXM and what parameters it is wanting. I assume that is where my trouble is. ...

How to filter previous distribtion list in Exchange 2003
We are doing the migration. We are trying to create some address view to filter distribtion groups which are created from Exchange 5.5 before according to the following KB (e.g. create an extra item called company to filter it from Exchange 5.5 address book view automatically before) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262968 However, we don't know how to filter because we cannot find the company from the new distribution group, how to do? ...

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Exchange 5.5 / 2000 /2003
Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000=20 and 2003 in the wrong forum?? This forum is regarding Exchange 5.5 There=B4s forum=B4s for them all, PLEASE place the questions=20 in the right forum gladefoged You need to read this: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/newsgroups/default.asp -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "gladefoged" <gl@lundbergvest.dk> wrote in message news:5be401c3ad2e$b1e74350$a601280a@phx.gbl... Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000 and 2003 ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Exchange 2003 Relay
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me, because I'm starting to lose patience. My Exchange server is acting like its being used as a relay, except that I've already scoured the internet and performed all the checks that most websites suggest, such as (the main two): - Relay Restrictions: Tick "Only the list below" and "Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above". - Enabling recipient filtering Unfortunately, even with these set correctly, my Queue folder still generates emails at a steady 3 or 4 per minute, ...