Moving a user's mailbox to a new domain

Greetings,
We have an Exchange 2000 server in a 2000 domain, and
have to move some of the users to an Exchange 2003 server
which is in its own domain.  We would like to re-attach
the mailbox to a user in the 2003 domain, or move the
domain user ID from the 2000 domain to the 2003 domain,
if possible.  Both Exchange servers and domains 'live' in
the same  Active Directory forrest, same OU.
Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!
Dov

0
anonymous (74722)

Problem after Changing the Domain Admin password
After changing the password for the domain admin users cannot log into outlook but can open WEBMAIL. If i change the admin password back and restart the the Exhange services everyone can once again log into their outlook. It is Exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 server. The exchange services are set to use the local system account. Any suggestions. ...

What rights to assign to gain login (user access error after incidentally removing some AD rights)
Hi, in our demo environment, one of the demo users in MSCRM (sales, "central region") somehow has been a little bit "crippled" in AD, but not disabled. Nor has it been disabled in CRM. I reassigned all rights in AD, taking one of the other users ("western region") as an example. In MSCRM, the user still looks fine and has never been deactivated. I still get a "user access error" when logging into CRM (online). 1. What are the crucial points/rights to gain access in CRM? 2. If I delete the user and create one (even with same name), all existing tasks/ob...

Domain User Cannot Send to Public Folders
Summary: Unless I grant a domain user explicit rights to a mail enabled public folder, mail sent by that user is bounced back to the user. External users can sucessfully send mail to that folder. Details: Exchange 2003 SP2 in native mode, on W2K3 SP1 servers in native mode. Anonymous is given Contributor rights (Create Items, but not Folder Visible) to the folder. Admin Tab: This folder is available to: All users with access permissions Error: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: FOLDERNAME on 4/12/2006 12:31 PM The message reached the recipient's e...

Casio LA670WGA-1 Brand New Watch
Price:$29.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000PSOSIW Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000PSOSIW Before I purchased this watch (several years ago) from Amazon, I looked high and low for a watch similar to the Timex watch I had, which simply just wore out. I literally looked for years!...and everywhere I went I was told the same thing: there were plenty of beautiful watches, but no dressy, goldtone digital watches...for WOMEN! I figured I couldn't be the only women who wanted a goldtone, dressy, digital watch! So I continued my search until I fo...

must press enter 2x to move cell focus
I now have to hit enter or tab twice after editing cell data to get cursor to move to next cell, but only on existing workbooks. New workbooks stil moves after first enter. Move after entry box is checked, tried unchecking, reopen excel, recheck, reopen excel, not fixing it. Excel 2003 on Win XP Pro, AV files current and running. Don't think I changed anything lately. Have compared settings, can't find any differences. Searched KB and newgroup posts but if answer is there I'm not searching on correct words... ...

Dealing with over-the-limit mailbox users
Gurus, I have recently taken a new post as an Exchange Administrator. The first thing I did was look at mailbox sizes on the storage groups. Many were large, some more than 1GB. I would like to send out a form email to the users but only starting off on a one-on-one basis until I get my wording down. I'm sure many of you in these groups are your companies Exchange Admins, and my question to you is what does a typical email to your end-user who is over the limit (and possibly even requesting more space) look like? What I am trying to get them to do is archive mail to local PST f...

Charts to automatically include new rows
Hi, Is there an easy way to make a chart automatically include new rows a they are entered? I currently have a spreadsheet with three columns: A, B and C. Column A contains dates (i.e. the period, ex: June 2005) Column B and C contains figures for the period. Like so: Code ------------------- A B C March 2005 145 120 June 2005 99 102 ------------------- I have a column-chart displays these figures. But each time I add a ne row, i.e. July 2005 with figures, I have to manually update the sourc data. Is there an easier way to do this? Thanks -- madeq -------------------...

Problems with installing Outlook client user terminal server
Dear all, We are having problems installing the Outlook client on our Terminal service environment. The web client works great but when Outlook is started it crashes straight away and we get error messages in the server event log "There was a problem connecting to the authenticating server". Do you know the "log in" diference between CRM using Outlook and CRM using web client ? Is it possible that the system is trying to log into other services than the web client does typically ? ...

User last changed
I would like to reflect in a shape which user has changed a shape propery the last time. I can find a 'last changed date', but not a 'User last changed' Is there a way to automatically change a field or property with user information or initials? I am using Visio 2007 Thanks, Arnold Humm, That's a good question... You can get the change datetime with a formula like this: =DEPENDSON(Prop.MyData)+SETF(GetRef(User.LastChange),NOW()) but getting the user seems to be a problem. Of course, you can get the Creator() or Manager(), but the current user seems to be missing...

sharing database and getting notification when new entries are mad
I am new to Access but here's what I am trying to do. I want to put a database on a network share that will be used by several people who will be able to add in records. I would like to be notified via email when new entries are made, how would I go about doing that? Why would you want that? When the db is used frequently you'll be bombarded with emails. You might have to figure out first what it is you want to be updated for. If you want it all you will create a lot of networktraffic just by sending constant emails. Not to mention the fact that you have to catch every insert...

Outlook folders not saved in users Exchange mailbox store
I am the admin and I can see that my other users have log on time, number and size of messages, and log of time. I have one user that has log on and off times but no number and size of messages. Is it possible for a user to configure their account to hide this information? On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:00:56 -0700, jimsmith <jimsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am the admin and I can see that my other users have log on time, number and >size of messages, and log of time. I have one user that has log on and off >times but no number and size of messages. Is it possibl...

Export Exchange 5.5 Mailbox resouces to CSV file.
I know how to export the Private Information store--Mailbox resouces to a csv by Click on "Save Window Contents" Is there a way I can do this from the command line? I am trying to do it from a either a batch file or a VBScript Thanks for any input Mark http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imims.htm IMI Mailbox Statistics - look for IMI Mailbox Statistics Console Application" (as separate download). With this add-on (which is totally independent application), most MS-Exchange administrators can to automate their tasks and be more productive. Add-on export information to Com...

Trouble adding users
WHen I hit save for a new CRM user (either in the WebUI, or deployment manager). I am getting the following error: Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80005000. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80005000 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-20-2004 Time: 9:55:13 AM Type: Platform Error (2) Server: appserver Query String: /biz/use...

Windows 7 joining SBS 2003 R2 domain
I'm having an issue with connectcomputer and joining a Windows 7 Ultimate PC to our SBS 2003 R2 domain. When I attempt to join I get the following error: "An error occurred while trying to copy the Client Setup files. Check the following, and then try again: If you use a public proxy server to browse the Internet, clear the Internet Explorer connection setting for using a proxy server. To do this, from the Tools menu, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, click LAN settings button, and then clear the check box in Proxy Server. If you on not have a pu...

Allow user to set and save a default option button.
Win 2000 Prof. SP4 Office 2000 Prof. I have an excel worksheet with 3 option buttons on it. The Excel file will be read-only and distributed to several users using stand alone laptops. By default the first option button is selected on open. That's how the file will be saved. I want different users to be able to change which option button will be selected when the Excel file opens so they don't have to click on a different option button every time if they always want an option selected other than option button 1. I want the Excel file to hold a user selected default for a startup opti...

How do I stop opening new publications?
We're working on the literary magazine, and we took something from a floppy and put it on the first page. Then we took out the floppy, put in another one, and put that document on page two. However, it opened a whole new publication and we currently have seven new publications running. How do I stop this? PS: We honestly DO know how to run computers...just NOT Publisher. I promise. Have you tried...Insert / Page... (Ctrl+Shift+N). Also it may be a good idea to copy the files to your hard drive before importing them into Publisher. -- John Inzer "InTooDeep0604" &...

Ex2k7 Mailbox move error..
I used the command shell to move my mailbox from one MB server to another, same site/org/ip subnet, etc. It seemed to be taking an awful long time and i wasn't seeing any progress. Finally i gave up and ctrl+break'd out of the shell. Now i can't open my mailbox at all. If i try using OWA i get this error: "Log in failed because the mailbox you tried to access is being moved. The mailbox cannot be accessed until this operation is complete. Please wait and try again later." If i try using standard Outlook i get this error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office O...

Transfer Outlook from desktop to new laptop
I want to reproduce all information from outlook 2003 from my desktop to my new laptop. I already have copied all my contact info (csv file) to the laptop. I also have set up my email accounts on the laptop. So, my questions are as follows (a) how do I create the pst file (I think that is correct?)?, (b) how do I move or export (copy & install) all the data? (c) can I copy subfiles (ie internet favorites, saved email) without adding the contacts already copied? from the pst file? and (d) will copying all this information mess up the email account that was just set up (on t...

select user from ....
Help please. In an Oracle database I can identify the current user with the statement "SELECT USER FROM DUAL;" Can I do something similar in MS Access? "William" <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F99ABE3-B160-4412-B035-EC54AF8EE367@microsoft.com... > Help please. In an Oracle database I can identify the current user with > the > statement "SELECT USER FROM DUAL;" Can I do something similar in MS > Access? The VBA function CurrentUser() returns the name of the user logged into the database. (Note that ...

mailbox unusable after move
I have an exchange 5.5 server and windows 2003 server with a mailbox on the exchange 5.5 server. I had moved it from the windows 2003 server back to the exchange 5.5 server and now if I go into Exchange 5.5 manager in the advance tap under home it still shows it as being on the windows 2003 server when in fact it is on the exchange 5.5 server. I can not open it nor move it. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance ...

Disappearance of option to open new Word doc when right-clicking dektop, and choosing "New"
In desperation, after not getting the answer on the Vista.Genearl group, I'm posting this to as many groups as I think may be able to help as I suspect that the problem could occur in any MS operating system and is not Vista specific. It might just even be associated with MS Word itself. The problem is as stated in the subject. After I did a factory reformat of a pre-installed Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire L3600 and re-installed my apps, including MS Office 2007 Plus I found that when I right-click the desktop and choose "New", most of options to open a ne...

Exchange 2003 with 2 AD Domains and migration issues
I've upgraded the messy NT4 network that I inherited at my company to Active Directory with 2003 Domain Controllers. Orginally, I used ADMT and the ADC to migrate users from NT4 and migrate the Exchange 5.5 accounts to AD. For some reason, during the upgrade, could not install Exchange 2003 in the Exchange 5.5 Site. For some reason it refused to find or communicate with the Exchange 5.5 server. So, I decided I would just export the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes using ExMerge and import them into Exchange 2003. I've been able to test this with my mailbox and it has worked fine. (I had to...

new features in office 2.1.1 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I was just wondering if there is a place somewhere that tells you what the new features, fixes and updates are in the new Microsoft update(2.1.1)? I always do the upgrades/updates, but can never find a rundown of what's changed. I'd love to have something like - Entourage - fixed the sounds, word, fixed compatability added borders - or whatever the noodley little changes are. ( i just made that list up as an example..except for the sounds being fixed YAH!) Does that exist somewhere., ive poked around and sea...

Replace old letterhead with new letterhead programatically
We have old letters with a graphic being used as a letterhead. We have recently changed our letterhead to graphics inside the header and footer of the first page only. The template created with the new letterhead header and footer, automatically asks for a writer's name, inserts the date, and asks for an addressee's name. I am having difficulty replacing the old and using the new. Also, when I created the new, I wanted to set up a second page header, but it errored out basically saying that the second page was not there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To se...

Transferring Money 2002 files to Money 2004 on a new Machine
I am using Money 2002 on an old Pentium II machine running Windows 98SE. I exported my current Money 2002 data files using a Lexar Media 128MB jump drive to my new Gateway 510SE running Windows XP Home and Money 2004. As best as I can tell the file is on the Gateway (2,527 kb) but when I ask Money 2004 to open it nothing happens. Can you help me sort out the problem? What is the best way to get my Money data to the new machine? The file is too large to put on a floppy and I have no other read/write drives in common. Copy the file from the key to My Documents. Make sure it's not ...