Move Public Fldr DB to new Storage Group

Hi, I'm hoping that I can do this....
When our new Exchange 2007 server was set up, the public folder database was
left in the default first storage group.  As we're evolving with this
installation, we see a need to move the public folder database to a different
storage group.

Some things I've read lead me to beleive that it may not be possible.  So I
have 2 questions:
1) Is it possible to move the public folder database to another storage group?
and
2) If it is possible, how?
TIA
Chris

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:17:02 -0700, CCerer
<CCerer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, I'm hoping that I can do this....
>When our new Exchange 2007 server was set up, the public folder database was
>left in the default first storage group.  As we're evolving with this
>installation, we see a need to move the public folder database to a different
>storage group.
>
>Some things I've read lead me to beleive that it may not be possible.  So I
>have 2 questions:
>1) Is it possible to move the public folder database to another storage group?
>and
>2) If it is possible, how?
>TIA
>Chris
Nope. Leave it where it is, create a new mailbox store, move the
mailboxes, dismount/delete files/mount the mailbox store again.
0
Mark

Moving license to a new computer

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Safe to Move?

Public Folders replication #2
I'm trying to move our Exchange Public Foldersfrom an Exchange 2003 (SP1) to a new Exchange 2003 (SP2) server, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've added the new server to the replica tab for all the public folders, but they never move to the new server... Any suggestions? Thanks I'm having the same problems, try the following: - Check App logs on servers to see if Replication Messages are being sent/recieved - Make sure Connector allows system messages to pass through - Use message tracker to track messages (you should see messages being sent between these...

Multiple Catalogue Merges: Same Publication
I'd like to several sections of the same publication to be data-driven. Catalog Merge seems to be a good initial option but it's limited (1 catalogue merge per publication). Has anyone overcome this limit, programmatically or otherwise? A macro could likely pully in the data from multiple sources, but no, the merge features allows formatting to be applied to the merge area & fields. I don't see how a macro could replicate that. SeanRW Version: Publisher 2007 Have you look at the articles concerning the Catalogue merge? Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.m...

Moving Exchange 2000

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Why aren't dates always available to group in pivot tables?
I download data that gives me sales number by individual day. I build a pivot table to get total sales by day and then group the process day by month or quarter. Sometimes this works perfectly, while other times I get the message 'Cannot group that selection'. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a limit to the number of rows or columns that can be grouped? You'll see that error message if the date field contains a blank cell, or text entry. There's a bit more information, and some workarounds, here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems JLM wr...

Setting up a new user
I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment. I've got one user set up and able to access his mailbox. I then created a second user on the server. When I try to connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file". What the heck does that mean? How do I do what it is asking? The client PC is running XP Pro, and I did restart it and log on to the...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

How do I protect my publication?
I created a business card and I want to email it to a friend, I dont want to allow for any changes and I dont know how to protect it? Don't send it. Seriously, you can't protect anything that leaves your computer. "Jasz" <Jasz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B20F5FD6-9FBA-4295-B5A9-03A3CA2F4556@microsoft.com... >I created a business card and I want to email it to a friend, I dont want >to > allow for any changes and I dont know how to protect it? > Send it as a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for ...

Group By Flag Status and then Received date
I want to group first by flag status and then by Received date, but have the same collapsable headers available in the Received that you get if you group first by Received date. It looks like it may not be possible, but thought I would post to see. Thanks! Following is the example. So: Group: Flag Color Unflagged (Then emails by date with this flag color grouped as the following) Date: Today Date: Yesterday Etc. Instead of Group: Flag Color Unflagged (Where the groups by date are specific including the time). Date: 6/9/2006 4:18 PM Date: 6/9/2006 4:12 PM ...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

Exchange Small Business Server 2003 18GB storage limit issue
Running SP2 and configured the "registry file" with DWORD , increased the size to 70GB in "Private Store" Stll get following error. Exchange store 'First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (SERVER)': The logical size of this database (the logical size equals the physical size of the .edb file and the .stm file minus the logical free space in each) is 18 GB. This database size has exceeded the size limit of 18 GB. Any idea please. Store gets unmonted once a week. Thanks for the help mxarun Check the spelling of the registry value as per: http://markarnold.blogspot...

Moving Folder error