Move Mailboxes to New Store

I seem to have a corrupt mailbox Store as I cannot run an offline defrag.
It seems my best option is to create a new Mail Store move my Mailboxes and
the remove the corrupt store.

I started the process, created the store and moved three mailboxes, no errors.
All my clients run in cache mode as my Exchange server is off site.
The three mailboxes end up with all their new mail in the Synch
Issues/Server Failures folder.  I also cannot open the mail in that folder.

I have sinced moved them back.  The mail is still in that folder but now I
can open the mail as well as manually move them to the Inbox.

Did I miss a step or is there a way to correct the synch issues?
We are running Outlook 2003 with exchange 2003

Thank you.
0
adam1685 (340)

IMAP Access to Multiple Mailbox using PINE
Hi all, We are running Exchange 2003, we need to be able to allow users using PINE to access multiple mailboxes (read only), this was possible in 5.5, which we can configure PINE with "AnotherUser" "{exchange.domain.com}Other Users/AnotherUser/inbox", and grant use reviewer rights to that mailbox But this doesn't seem to work anymore in 2003. How can we do this? Many Thanks, Yang ...

what happens when i choose to "move mail box" from exchange task...
i=B4ve moved a user from a 5.5 to w2k3 it works fine... but=20 i turn out that after the adc rep that user had two almost=20 identical mailboxes and accounts so i moved the wrong=20 one... well, i thought, just delete it purge it and move=20 the right one ... but no exchange task is availble now=20 so ... what can i do ? i=B4m thing of using remove "exchange=20 attributes" but i doesn=B4t know exactly what it does. pleese someone know the answear ? The mailbox is likely linked to a disabled account. Look at the Primary NT Account via the 5.5 Admin. -- Hope that helps, Dan Towns...

Where is my Information Store? #2
Hello all, I am currently not at home, so I have told a friend to help me start the services on my server. He keeps telling me that he cannot see Microsoft Exchange Information Store under services. Is this possible? Thanks -- An Avvid Student On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 05:23:01 -0700, "ola_atb" <olaatb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello all, > >I am currently not at home, so I have told a friend to help me start the >services on my server. He keeps telling me that he cannot see Microsoft >Exchange Information Store under services. Is this possible? > ...

Information Store Crash #2
The Information Store on our Exchange 2000 server crashed. The following errors were in the event log, but I cannot tell if they are a cause or a symptom of the crash. If anyone has any insight, that would be great. . . a reboot seemed to correct the issue and it has not happened again. Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8217 Date: 10/5/2004 Time: 1:55:25 PM User: N/A Computer: exchg Description: The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "Tom is gone after 2 pm (class)" in mailbox: UserA failed with error code 0x80040...

Default e mail for all new users
When an exchange or outlook account is set up I would like an e-mail to be sent automatically to the user when they first log in. (similar to the welcome to outlook e-mail that outlook generates) Can anyone tell me if this is possible and how, I understand that it may be possible with an ADSI script can't find any examples that are close. ...

updating frontpage website with new software
Now that Microsoft is not upgrading or providing support for Frontpage, is there a software I can use that will service my website, which was created in FP? I am a very rudimentary user, and mainly need to upload content, but I want to get a web design software that would allow me to make a few changes. However, I don't want to start over. Will new software do this, or would I be better off to try to find an old version of FP? Thanks!! Using Microsoft software there are two choices: 1) Expression Web v3 - Designed for standards compliant cross browser web pages. A 60...

Exchange 2003 Information Store Size
All – I have read most of the post concerning this wonderful topic but I have not seen a clear response to what I believe is the general question concerning the Information Store – can you significantly reduce the size of the Information Store? I too am using Exchange 2003 Std Edition and have hit the max db size of 18gb and like most of the individuals posting questions am puzzled as to how given that I – not being as nice as most of you only allow 50 megs per mailbox. Based on my simple math the worst case scenario would put my Information Store at 4.5 gb (90 users) – so how is it...

Copy to a new file to rid file bloat?
Has anyone else had this happen? I copied my masters and slides over to a new blank presentation and it greatly reduced the file size. I shaved off 4 megs off of a 9 meg file, almost cutting its size in half by doing this. Is there a known reason for this change? -Melina Hi Melina Could you have "Fast Save" enabled in options? (Only likely if you are using a pre 2007 version) -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Mel" wrote: > Has anyone ...

Impossible to delete non-associated mailbox
Hi, I have an Exchange mailbox not associated to any AD user and I can't delete it. It is not marked with the X so the purge option in the context menu is disabled. How can I delete it? Thanks in advance -- Faustino Dina -------------------------------------------------------- If my email address starts with two 'f' drop the first 'f' when mailing me. Hello Faustino: Try this for Exchange 2003: Right click the Mailbox folder under the mailbox store and then select Run Cleanup Agent. You should then see the red X. Regards, Martin MCSA: M "faustino Dina" &...

im new and need help
hi all hope everyones good i need some help with a project of mine and hoping this forum would be able to find it here for a gas bill calculator my spread sheet needs to do this. i want to place the this information as input. 2 dates a from and to date 2 readings( from meter) a specific number relating to the relevant area and charges a slot for if the meter is metric or imperial process i want the spreadsheet to calulate Kwh from the readings which i know how to do already. this is the part i need help with once the Kwh has been calculated i need to calculate depending on what months ...

Recover Ad/domain controller test new hardware
I have been testing Recovering from a hardware failure of the AD. I have been trying to follow these instructions from MS. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263532/en-us I have backed up the existing AD, Installed win2003 on a new computer, then I did a restored to the New server with different hardware using NTBACKUP. Now when I boot I get an error which I presume means that the hardware has changed. So MS suggests, **************** To resolve the issues that are described in scenarios 2 and 3, perform an in-place upgrade repair. To do this, follow these steps: Start the compute...

moving CRM databases
How can I relocate the CRM databases, on an existing production CRM server, to a different partition on the same server (i.e. from the D: drive to the F: drive) - without re-installing CRM? thx in advance, FGF Useing SQL Enterprise manager select database you want to move and then chose option (after right click) detach database, fisicaly move database files (*.mdf and *.ldf) and then attach database back to SQL Server. "fgf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39b801c4a08f$e80d4dd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I relocate the CRM databases, on...

New User and OWA
Exchange 2003 on Server 2003. I created a new user in Active Directory. His Exchange information is created successfully so I try to log in to OWA. I keep getting re-prompted for username and password. I check in Exchange System Manager and he does not yet have a mailbox. I read that this is normal until either he gets an email or logs into a client such as Outlook, so I send him an email. Still no mailbox is created so I wait a while and send another email. Still no mailbox and still can't log into OWA. This happens on all accounts that I create. I just made it procedure to have ...

Compare/Validate and add new data
Friends, I am new to VBA. I need a help in the following : I have 2 spreadsheets : A) Workbook A : C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 B) Workbook B C1, C3, C5 R1 R2 R3 Note the following : 1. Workbook A has more columns and rows (new rows). 2. Both workbooks will have data My Requirement: I want to update Workbook B with following requirements: 1) Look for all existing rows and columns of Workbook B in Workbook A and then update Workbook B with latest values for those already existing and then add new rows with only required columns (C1, C3 & C5) of new rows. 2) I also ...

Tab control like in the new IDE of microsoft
Hello, Someone knows if exist some control wich implement the tab control like the one that the new ide of microsoft (.net) is using or if we need to implement one custom control? if yes then does anyone knows one already made? Thanks Nuno There is nothing which will work identical to the one in IDE. Look at codeguru/codeproject for some samples. You can buy it from Dundas, Syncfusion etc. CFolderView class in MSDN/MSJ worked just like VC++ 6. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Nuno Esculcas" <nesculcas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38f0f14e.0408021...

Outlook 2000-Probelm to move emails from inbox to Personal folder
Hi, We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. I tried to repaird pst file using scanpst.exe, but fail to solve this issue. Please let me know the solution for the same Thanks jignesh On 30 Apr 2004 08:42, "jignesh" <jt141974@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move >emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. > >I tried to repaird pst file using scanp...

If dpm 2010 RTM with new features, will you kill the existing dpm 2007 or enhance it ?
Say next year dpm 2010 is ready, will you kill dpm 2007 32 bit or improve further on its features ? DPM 2010 will be improved over version of DPM 2007 but it will not be available in 32 bit so no upgrade from DPM 2007 32 bit. At the same time DPM 2010 protects both 32 bit and 64 bit machines. For more and detailed on DPM 2010 please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/dataprotectionmanager/en/us/2010beta-overview.aspx Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "IT Staff&qu...

Outlook doesn't acknowledge new e-mail until i click to a folder
hi everyone i have a user that is using MS Outlook (XP). if someone sends them an e-mail it doesn't show up until they go into their Outlook and click on to a different folder. i've seen it before but don't remember how to fix it! we're running Windows XP as well. any help would be massively appreciated. Shaun letmeoutofhere?? ;) If I understand you right, you want a new mail alert on the desktop. There are three ways, for the first two, Outlook has to be running: 1) Outlook> Tools> Options> E-mail Options> Advanced E-mail Options (for a temporary alert on ...

New Record question 01-17-08
DoCmd.Close acForm, "Invoice Database Launch", acSaveYes DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Tracker New Entry", acNormal Application.Forms("Invoice Tracker New Entry").Caption = "CREATE INVOICE" DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec When I use the above code. It creates a blank record in the datasheet. Is there a way to delete the record if it is blank and keep the record if there are data in it? There is always a new, empty record at the end of a datasheet unless you have set AllowNewRecords to False, or your query is not updateable. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP,...

Moving Microsoft Money 2004 to a new computer
I have MS Money 2004 that came pre-installed on an old computer, and now want to move it to a new computer. I don't have an installation disc since it came preinstalled. How can I move it to my new computer? In microsoft.public.money, JV539 wrote: >I have MS Money 2004 that came pre-installed on an old computer, and now want >to move it to a new computer. I don't have an installation disc since it >came preinstalled. How can I move it to my new computer? You will need to buy a Money version at least as new from the same country, and install that on the new...

Sending a new email
How do I include preset wording in an email? On Apr 23, 4:36=A0pm, John R <John R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I include preset wording in an email? Which version of Outlook? in 2007, you can use Quick Parts - you have to create your own pieces of text firt of course: while composing a message, select the text you want to use as a Quick PArt, click Insert, Quick Parts, and select the bottom option "Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery." in 2003, you would use Outlook Templates: compose your message (like a form letter), then select File, Sav...

Is Credit card information stored in any tables within the RMS sof
.. Is the credit card number stored anywhere (tables, etc) within the Microsoft product? (concerned about security) Andrea I've only seen it in the TenderEntry table and the QuoteTenderEntry table. It looks to me that it only holds the last 4 digits of the card (ie. XXXXXXXXXXXX9874). Michael -- First District Association "Andrea" wrote: > . Is the credit card number stored anywhere (tables, etc) within the > Microsoft product? (concerned about security) > Andrea Andrea, If you set SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options | General Options | if you che...

How do I rename my Outlook Mailbox?
Wrong name is shown next to my Outlook Mailbox in left column. How can I change it? gigsysgal <gigsysgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Wrong name is shown next to my Outlook Mailbox in left column. How > can I change it? What version of Outlook? What type of account? If it's Exchange, speak with the Exchange admin. -- Brian Tillman ...

How to automatically move emails with a specific subject?
Hello ! I am running a spamfilter on a dedicated server, this server adds a tag to the subject of all spam-mails, before it sends the mail to the internal Exchange- receipient. I would like to define an action on the Exchange-server so that all emails with the spamtag are automatically moved to another folder in the users mailbox. Of course this can be done as a rule on the client, but is it possible to define this centrally on the Exchange-box? "Thor-Egil Ekeli" <thoree@hrp.no> wrote: >Hello ! > >I am running a spamfilter on a dedicated server, this >ser...

open new tab on the same window
I know that I have asked this before but it had been a while. I close some of the unwanted toolbar, I've noticed that I can't open a new tab on the same window when I click on my mouse on the right side. All I see is open to new window but no new tab. I have Window Vista with IE8. -- Lauria ...