Move mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to 2003

One of my clients are using NT4 with Outlook 98 against an external Exchange
5.5
They have no admin rights on the 5.5 server.

They are now moving all users to XP with Outlook 2003 and an own Exchange
2003 (different domain)

Is it possible to use some "move mailbox" wizard? How?

or...

Should every NT4/Outlook98/Ex5.5 user export their mail to a .pst file and
then at their new XP/Outlook 2003/ import the .pst with Outlook into
Exchange 2003?

About 20-25 users.

Tomppa

0
tofors99 (51)

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:04:26 +0300, "Tommy Forsman"
<tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote:

>One of my clients are using NT4 with Outlook 98 against an external Exchange
>5.5
>They have no admin rights on the 5.5 server.
>
>They are now moving all users to XP with Outlook 2003 and an own Exchange
>2003 (different domain)
>
>Is it possible to use some "move mailbox" wizard? How?
>
>or...
>
>Should every NT4/Outlook98/Ex5.5 user export their mail to a .pst file and
>then at their new XP/Outlook 2003/ import the .pst with Outlook into
>Exchange 2003?
>
>About 20-25 users.
>
>Tomppa

You don't need to export to PST files. You can implement a new server
and migrate the mailboxes and public folder information seamlessly.
see www.microsoft.com/exchange for the planning guides that will take
you through what you need to do a migration from NT4 to AD and 5.5 to
2003.
0
mark7219 (5667)
6/17/2005 8:23:25 AM
Hi Mark

Could you kindly point me in the right direction? I have trouble finding
relevant information on www.microsoft.com/exchange

Info:
Clients (OL98) are connected to an External Exchange 5.5 in another city
We have no admin rights to the Exchange server
We have a new AD, and an own new Exchange server up and running

Goal:
To move users mail from 5.5 to our own Ex2003. At the same time Clients are
changing to OL2003.

Please help more.

Tomppa

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:04:26 +0300, "Tommy Forsman"
> <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>One of my clients are using NT4 with Outlook 98 against an external
>>Exchange
>>5.5
>>They have no admin rights on the 5.5 server.
>>
>>They are now moving all users to XP with Outlook 2003 and an own Exchange
>>2003 (different domain)
>>
>>Is it possible to use some "move mailbox" wizard? How?
>>
>>or...
>>
>>Should every NT4/Outlook98/Ex5.5 user export their mail to a .pst file and
>>then at their new XP/Outlook 2003/ import the .pst with Outlook into
>>Exchange 2003?
>>
>>About 20-25 users.
>>
>>Tomppa
>>
> You don't need to export to PST files. You can implement a new server
> and migrate the mailboxes and public folder information seamlessly.
> see www.microsoft.com/exchange for the planning guides that will take
> you through what you need to do a migration from NT4 to AD and 5.5 to
> 2003.

0
tofors99 (51)
6/17/2005 9:21:08 AM
"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>You don't need to export to PST files. You can implement a new server
>and migrate the mailboxes and public folder information seamlessly.
>see www.microsoft.com/exchange for the planning guides that will take
>you through what you need to do a migration from NT4 to AD and 5.5 to
>2003.

I think he's asking about a migration from one Exchange organization
to another, and he has no admin access in the organization that's got
the mail right now.

I think the export, by the users, to PST fles is probably the easiest
thing to do, unless he can convince the other organization to ExMerge
the mailboxes and sent him the PSTs.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I did the export/import thing with pst files this weekend.

Thanks

Tomppa

> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
>>You don't need to export to PST files. You can implement a new server
>>and migrate the mailboxes and public folder information seamlessly.
>>see www.microsoft.com/exchange for the planning guides that will take
>>you through what you need to do a migration from NT4 to AD and 5.5 to
>>2003.
>
> I think he's asking about a migration from one Exchange organization
> to another, and he has no admin access in the organization that's got
> the mail right now.
>
> I think the export, by the users, to PST fles is probably the easiest
> thing to do, unless he can convince the other organization to ExMerge
> the mailboxes and sent him the PSTs.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

tofors99 (51)

Junk Email Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I started sending spam to my junk email folder. Now all my email is going to junk email. Even Safe Senders go to Junk Email. Is there away to change it so everything don't go to Junk Email? Thanks John Yeah, double check your settings, make sure your contacts are NOT set to be sent to the junk mail folder... >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I started sending spam to my junk email folder. Now all >my email is going to junk email. Even Safe Senders go to >Junk Email. Is there away to change it so everything >don't go to Junk Email? > >...

RPC over HTTPS #5
Does RPC over HTTPS work if; a) all of my domain controllers are Windows 2003 b) my front-end OWA servers are Windows 2003 running Exchange 2003 c) my back-end clustered server is Windows 2000 running Exchange 2003 Thank you for your help. On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:13:13 -0400, "Victor Spector" <victor@mstcomp.spammersgohome.com> wrote: >Does RPC over HTTPS work if; >a) all of my domain controllers are Windows 2003 >b) my front-end OWA servers are Windows 2003 running Exchange 2003 >c) my back-end clustered server is Windows 2000 running Exchange 2003 > >Th...

Exchange 2003 down
I installed Norton Antivirus client on my server yesterday. Last night, it quarantined the e00.log file. Since then I have not been able to mount either the priv or the pub databases. I even tried having symantec restore the file (I have a copy of the one that was current). It made a little difference (missing log file is now there). Any ideas of what else I should do? Both databases showed dirty shutdown. I did the eseutil /p on the pub database and everything seems to go ok (no longer dirty shutdown) but cannot run isinteg against it. "OC" <anonymous@discussio...

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Outlook 2003
Hello. I like to change the method of visualization images on Outlook 2003. There's a away to change this to be just like outlook express? For example, when a image (jpg) is attached on, currently I must double click on image to open it. I would like that appear on mail body like Express. Anyone can help-me ? Outlook is not Outlook Express. It does not have the native ability to display pictures inline as does OE. Outlook is primarily a business tool and businesses seldom have a need to display pictures in email. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook} Please post all followup questio...

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Money 2003 restoring a backup asking for a password that does't ex
I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the same data there in my home. So i made a backup, put on a pendrive and brought it to home. Installed microsoft money 2003 in my home and tried to restore this backup. Money 2003 insists asking a password that does not exist in the original backup file. I already tried to use the repair tool and didn't work. So, what i have to do to make the backup work and does not ask a password that does not exists? Thankyou In microsoft.public.money, Calil wrote: >I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the sa...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Outlook 2003 rules
I had an email address - fname_lname@domain.com. My company got a new domain name, so now my email address is fnamelname@domain2.net. I will forever get emails to both addresses. I want all emails sent to fname_lname@domain.com to go to a specific folder. I've tried creating a rule manually, I've tried right clicking on the specific email and creating the rule from there. I've tried importing the rule from 2002. (The rule works just fine in 2002!) I'm unable to get it working. Anyone have any ideas? Create a rule that looks for the old e-mail address in the Interne...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Publisher 2003
I am using Publisher 2003 and have set up Styles for easy formatting. The font colors I have set up randomly keep changing back to Black. Example: I have a style set up called Header - Autumn with the font color of Orange. At times when I open my file to print it, all the text I chose Header - Autumn for is now Black. It's showing Black on my monitor and it's printing black. When I go back in to where I set the style up, it's also reverted to Black. This isn't happening to all my Styles. Just randomly enough to drive you nuts. Got any suggestions as to what's...

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...

Exchange Small Business Server 2003 18GB storage limit issue
Running SP2 and configured the "registry file" with DWORD , increased the size to 70GB in "Private Store" Stll get following error. Exchange store 'First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (SERVER)': The logical size of this database (the logical size equals the physical size of the .edb file and the .stm file minus the logical free space in each) is 18 GB. This database size has exceeded the size limit of 18 GB. Any idea please. Store gets unmonted once a week. Thanks for the help mxarun Check the spelling of the registry value as per: http://markarnold.blogspot...

Visio 2003 Org Chart Wizard Macro
Hi, If someone could do me a favour it would be much appreciated. In Visio 2003 i believe you can record macro actions, using the record, stop method in Visio itself. Please could someone record the process of going through the org chart wizard, linking through to an Access database, and then either post the code here or send to me. Many thanks, Scott ...