move mailboxes #5

Hello.
I have windows 2000 sp4 and exchange 2000 sp3 august hotfix rollup.
i have seperate server dedicted for mailbox moves.  That box has ESM 2000.
i'd like to upgrade that box to ESM 2003 (apply sp's).
Will i still be able to move mailboxes, although i have not run 2003 adprep?
Thanks.
-bkw
0
bkw (10)

Why aren't you using the move mailbox wizard via ADUC?

Nue
"bkw" <bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I have windows 2000 sp4 and exchange 2000 sp3 august hotfix rollup.
> i have seperate server dedicted for mailbox moves.  That box has ESM 2000.
> i'd like to upgrade that box to ESM 2003 (apply sp's).
> Will i still be able to move mailboxes, although i have not run 2003
> adprep?
> Thanks.
> -bkw

0
imaneophyte (3005)
3/21/2006 3:07:04 PM
Yes, i am.  Sorry i wasn't clear.
do you believe not preparing forest and domain may cause issue?

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Why aren't you using the move mailbox wizard via ADUC?
>
> Nue
> "bkw" <bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> > I have windows 2000 sp4 and exchange 2000 sp3 august hotfix rollup.
> > i have seperate server dedicted for mailbox moves.  That box has ESM 2000.
> > i'd like to upgrade that box to ESM 2003 (apply sp's).
> > Will i still be able to move mailboxes, although i have not run 2003
> > adprep?
> > Thanks.
> > -bkw

0
bkw (10)
3/21/2006 3:55:29 PM
There should be no issues. ESM is just a management tool.

> Yes, i am.  Sorry i wasn't clear.
> do you believe not preparing forest and domain may cause issue?
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Why aren't you using the move mailbox wizard via ADUC?
>>
>> Nue
>> "bkw" <bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello.
>> > I have windows 2000 sp4 and exchange 2000 sp3 august hotfix rollup.
>> > i have seperate server dedicted for mailbox moves.  That box has ESM
>> > 2000.
>> > i'd like to upgrade that box to ESM 2003 (apply sp's).
>> > Will i still be able to move mailboxes, although i have not run 2003
>> > adprep?
>> > Thanks.
>> > -bkw

0
imaneophyte (3005)
3/21/2006 4:15:10 PM
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:55:29 -0800, bkw
<bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes, i am.  Sorry i wasn't clear.
>do you believe not preparing forest and domain may cause issue?

AFAIK, Using ESM 2003 to manage Exchange 2000 servers is not supported
unless you have ran the E2003 forestprep. Things may still work, but
you may want to check with PSS on that.

>"Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Why aren't you using the move mailbox wizard via ADUC?
>>
>> Nue
>> "bkw" <bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello.
>> > I have windows 2000 sp4 and exchange 2000 sp3 august hotfix rollup.
>> > i have seperate server dedicted for mailbox moves.  That box has ESM 2000.
>> > i'd like to upgrade that box to ESM 2003 (apply sp's).
>> > Will i still be able to move mailboxes, although i have not run 2003
>> > adprep?
>> > Thanks.
>> > -bkw

0
adavid (8731)
3/21/2006 5:46:11 PM
Yes, i was hoping you would say that...
When i move mailboxes, whether i'm using aduc or esm 2k3, i recevie failure.
Below is the following error codes that are written to the app log:

event 1008
Unable to move mailbox 'Test, MSG'.
Error: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist.
&
event 9170
Failed to update mailbox on Active Directory server 'NYCMAILDC13'.
homeMDB:
/dc=com/dc=timeinc/dc=corpad/cn=Configuration/cn=Services/cn=Microsoft
Exchange/cn=Enterprise/cn=Administrative Groups/cn=New
York/cn=Servers/cn=NYCMAILSP01/cn=InformationStore/cn=SG1/cn=SG1DB1
homeMTA:
/dc=com/dc=timeinc/dc=corpad/cn=Configuration/cn=Services/cn=Microsoft
Exchange/cn=Enterprise/cn=Administrative Groups/cn=New
York/cn=Servers/cn=NYCMAILSP01/cn=Microsoft MTA
msExchHomeServer: /o=Enterprise/ou=New
York/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=NYCMAILSP01

"Nuevo" wrote:

> There should be no issues. ESM is just a management tool.
>
> Nue
> "bkw" <bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, i am.  Sorry i wasn't clear.
> > do you believe not preparing forest and domain may cause issue?
> >
> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> Why aren't you using the move mailbox wizard via ADUC?
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "bkw" <bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bkw (10)
3/21/2006 6:42:05 PM
Is this the same error message using ESM and ADUC? Also, stop using ESM as
per Andy David's comments re MS support. Stick with ADUC until this issue is
resolved. Does this error occur on multiple mailboxes?

> Yes, i was hoping you would say that...
> When i move mailboxes, whether i'm using aduc or esm 2k3, i recevie
> failure.
> Below is the following error codes that are written to the app log:
>
> event 1008
> Unable to move mailbox 'Test, MSG'.
> Error: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist.
> &
> event 9170
> Failed to update mailbox on Active Directory server 'NYCMAILDC13'.
> homeMDB:
> /dc=com/dc=timeinc/dc=corpad/cn=Configuration/cn=Services/cn=Microsoft
> Exchange/cn=Enterprise/cn=Administrative Groups/cn=New
> York/cn=Servers/cn=NYCMAILSP01/cn=InformationStore/cn=SG1/cn=SG1DB1
> homeMTA:
> /dc=com/dc=timeinc/dc=corpad/cn=Configuration/cn=Services/cn=Microsoft
> Exchange/cn=Enterprise/cn=Administrative Groups/cn=New
> York/cn=Servers/cn=NYCMAILSP01/cn=Microsoft MTA
> msExchHomeServer: /o=Enterprise/ou=New
> York/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=NYCMAILSP01
>
> Error: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist.
>
> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> There should be no issues. ESM is just a management tool.
>>
>> Nue
>> "bkw" <bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, i am.  Sorry i wasn't clear.
>> > do you believe not preparing forest and domain may cause issue?

0
imaneophyte (3005)
3/21/2006 7:36:28 PM
Yes, this error occurs when i use ADUC.  I have only used aduc and not esm
2k3 to move mailboxes.  The error occurs when using aduc and yes, on multiple
mailboxes.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Is this the same error message using ESM and ADUC? Also, stop using ESM as
> per Andy David's comments re MS support. Stick with ADUC until this issue is
> resolved. Does this error occur on multiple mailboxes?
>
> Nue
> "bkw" <bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, i was hoping you would say that...
> > When i move mailboxes, whether i'm using aduc or esm 2k3, i recevie
> > failure.
> > Below is the following error codes that are written to the app log:
> >
> > event 1008
> > Unable to move mailbox 'Test, MSG'.
> > Error: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist.
> > &
> > event 9170
> > Failed to update mailbox on Active Directory server 'NYCMAILDC13'.
> > homeMDB:
> > /dc=com/dc=timeinc/dc=corpad/cn=Configuration/cn=Services/cn=Microsoft
> > Exchange/cn=Enterprise/cn=Administrative Groups/cn=New
> > York/cn=Servers/cn=NYCMAILSP01/cn=InformationStore/cn=SG1/cn=SG1DB1
> > homeMTA:
> > /dc=com/dc=timeinc/dc=corpad/cn=Configuration/cn=Services/cn=Microsoft
> > Exchange/cn=Enterprise/cn=Administrative Groups/cn=New
> > York/cn=Servers/cn=NYCMAILSP01/cn=Microsoft MTA
> > msExchHomeServer: /o=Enterprise/ou=New
> > York/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=NYCMAILSP01
> >
> > Error: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist.
> >
> > For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> >
> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> There should be no issues. ESM is just a management tool.
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "bkw" <bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bkw (10)

RPC over HTTPS #5
Does RPC over HTTPS work if; a) all of my domain controllers are Windows 2003 b) my front-end OWA servers are Windows 2003 running Exchange 2003 c) my back-end clustered server is Windows 2000 running Exchange 2003 Thank you for your help. On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:13:13 -0400, "Victor Spector" <victor@mstcomp.spammersgohome.com> wrote: >Does RPC over HTTPS work if; >a) all of my domain controllers are Windows 2003 >b) my front-end OWA servers are Windows 2003 running Exchange 2003 >c) my back-end clustered server is Windows 2000 running Exchange 2003 > >Th...

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Exchange 5.5 / 2000 /2003
Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000=20 and 2003 in the wrong forum?? This forum is regarding Exchange 5.5 There=B4s forum=B4s for them all, PLEASE place the questions=20 in the right forum gladefoged You need to read this: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/newsgroups/default.asp -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "gladefoged" <gl@lundbergvest.dk> wrote in message news:5be401c3ad2e$b1e74350$a601280a@phx.gbl... Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000 and 2003 ...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Moving Pages between two publications

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...

CString #5
When I declare a CString locally, CString s; is it overkill to use s.Empty(); ? "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:uu2G%23m1jGHA.2004@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I declare a CString locally, > > CString s; > > is it overkill to use > > s.Empty(); ? --------- Also, what is the most efficient way to remove the last 3 characters of a string? Right now I have: CString s; . . . if(s.Right(3) == _T("_tr") ) s.Delete(s.GetLength() - 3,3); On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:25:36 -0400, "...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Disabled Mailboxes
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. All of our user mailboxes have been succesfully migrated. We used ADC to create disabled mailboxes from our Exchange 5.5 then we ran ADMT to migrate NT 4.0 ID's and then we ran ADCClean to combine Migrated NT 4.0 ID with mailbox and sid history. This worked great. My issue is in addition to user mailboxes we have what we call group Mailboxes. In Exchange 5.5 these were associated with same NT 4.0 ID's as users mailbox. During migration process ADC realized you can only have a one to one relationship between mailboxes and crea...

Moving .pst to new machine
Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily. I copied my .pst file and opened it on the new machine. I have my email, and my primary calendar but I am wondering where my additional calendars are located. What is the best way to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst? Also, what about Rules? Do they not get copied with the .pst? Lastly, how can I copy my BCM data to the new computer? Thanks for all your help. Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the new machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared. Very strang...