Move mailbox store location - Exchange 2003

I've set up a test MS Exchange 2003 system on 2003 server.  When I installed
Exchange, I installed it to C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\

Can I change that to a different drive now once its been installed?  I want
to move the mailboxes to the RAID array on the system

Hi Steve,

This Knowledge Base article should help you out.

821915 How to Move Exchange Databases and Logs in Exchange Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821915

--
Thanks,
James Burrage

"Steve Aschettino" <steveaschettino@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've set up a test MS Exchange 2003 system on 2003 server.  When I
installed
> Exchange, I installed it to C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\
>
> Can I change that to a different drive now once its been installed?  I
want
> to move the mailboxes to the RAID array on the system

0
jburrage (106)
2/12/2004 9:22:23 PM
You do not need to dismount and manually move the store.  Just change the
store location in System Manager and it will dismount and move the store for
you - it even remounts it.

Graham.

"Brett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Goto the Database tab on the Mailbox properties tab.
>
> Change the location of the Exchange database & Exchange Streaming
database.

> Dismount the Mailbox Store
>
> Manually move the files of the exchange database and the exchange
streaming database to the appropriate location.

> Mount the Mailbox store.
>
> I think you can also use Exchange 5.5 Optimizer to change the locations as
well

> Brett

0
someone913 (592)

Junk Email Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I started sending spam to my junk email folder. Now all my email is going to junk email. Even Safe Senders go to Junk Email. Is there away to change it so everything don't go to Junk Email? Thanks John Yeah, double check your settings, make sure your contacts are NOT set to be sent to the junk mail folder... >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I started sending spam to my junk email folder. Now all >my email is going to junk email. Even Safe Senders go to >Junk Email. Is there away to change it so everything >don't go to Junk Email? > >...

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

outlook 2003 crashes when typing into to: line
whenever i create a new message, and type into either the to:, cc:, or bcc: line to enter the email address, outlook crashes. i don't get the microsoft crash message... and i've checked the event viewer, which shows no sign of a crash.. i've already done a clean reinstall of office 2003 any ideas? ...

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Information Store defrag
Hello We are planning an offline defrag of one of our information stores. I am receiving conflicting advice on the command line to use with eseutil. Here is the command line I plan to use. M; and C; are correct locations. Eseutil /d /p “M:\Program Files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\Too\TooUsrs.edb” /t “c:\temp\tempdfg.edb” /o Some say not to run /p or that I need to run /d then /p KB article 328804 seems to outline what I would like to do. I would greatly appreciate anyone's advice on this matter. Thank you, Mark Clark What version of Exchange? Why are you doing an offline defragmentation? O...

Outlook 2003
Hello. I like to change the method of visualization images on Outlook 2003. There's a away to change this to be just like outlook express? For example, when a image (jpg) is attached on, currently I must double click on image to open it. I would like that appear on mail body like Express. Anyone can help-me ? Outlook is not Outlook Express. It does not have the native ability to display pictures inline as does OE. Outlook is primarily a business tool and businesses seldom have a need to display pictures in email. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook} Please post all followup questio...

Money 2003 restoring a backup asking for a password that does't ex
I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the same data there in my home. So i made a backup, put on a pendrive and brought it to home. Installed microsoft money 2003 in my home and tried to restore this backup. Money 2003 insists asking a password that does not exist in the original backup file. I already tried to use the repair tool and didn't work. So, what i have to do to make the backup work and does not ask a password that does not exists? Thankyou In microsoft.public.money, Calil wrote: >I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the sa...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Money 2003 #6
I just recently bought a new computer and it came with Microsoft Works Suite 2003. I tried to back up a money file to the disk rw drive and when back up window came up it had the floppy drive shown and would not let me change it. Can anyone exlain how I would do that? No, because you can't. The oft-repeated FAQ: --- Q): How do I backup to CD-RW? CD-R? A): First, remember that a CD-R or CD-RW is not a general purpose random access storage device and needs software (like DirectCD from Easy CD (Coaster) Creator by Roxio) to begin to pretend to be. (That having been said, the poor relia...

Outlook 2003 rules
I had an email address - fname_lname@domain.com. My company got a new domain name, so now my email address is fnamelname@domain2.net. I will forever get emails to both addresses. I want all emails sent to fname_lname@domain.com to go to a specific folder. I've tried creating a rule manually, I've tried right clicking on the specific email and creating the rule from there. I've tried importing the rule from 2002. (The rule works just fine in 2002!) I'm unable to get it working. Anyone have any ideas? Create a rule that looks for the old e-mail address in the Interne...

Moving Pages between two publications

Publisher 2003
I am using Publisher 2003 and have set up Styles for easy formatting. The font colors I have set up randomly keep changing back to Black. Example: I have a style set up called Header - Autumn with the font color of Orange. At times when I open my file to print it, all the text I chose Header - Autumn for is now Black. It's showing Black on my monitor and it's printing black. When I go back in to where I set the style up, it's also reverted to Black. This isn't happening to all my Styles. Just randomly enough to drive you nuts. Got any suggestions as to what's...

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...

OWA webpart authentication from Sharepoint Portal Services 2003
Hi I have a exchange 2003 and SPS2003. I have a public folder calendar setup so that it is accessed via a webpart. Currently it asks for a username and password. How can I set it up to use integrated authentication without messing up my OWA configuration. I have seen elsewhere on the web that I should try setting up a 2nd IIS configuration for integrated authentication access. Could someone help please ...

Moving Folder error

Visio 2003 Org Chart Wizard Macro
Hi, If someone could do me a favour it would be much appreciated. In Visio 2003 i believe you can record macro actions, using the record, stop method in Visio itself. Please could someone record the process of going through the org chart wizard, linking through to an Access database, and then either post the code here or send to me. Many thanks, Scott ...

Moving between worksheets