Move Mailbox question

Hey everyone,

I am running one Exch. 5.5 server on Windows NT 4.0.  I just added a new
Windows 2003 Server running Exch. 2003 to the 5.5 site.  I moved all of my
mialboxes to the new server and all went well.

Anyone know how I move Distribution List and Custom Recipients?

Thanks for any help.

Lamar

0
none89 (807)

Just for info., I did install and run "Active Directory Connector" when I
installed the new Exch. 2003 server.  Is that all I need to do?  Are
Distribution List and Custom Recipients a part of the Active Directory
Connector synchronization?

Lamar

"Lamar Thomas" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone,
>
> I am running one Exch. 5.5 server on Windows NT 4.0.  I just added a new
> Windows 2003 Server running Exch. 2003 to the 5.5 site.  I moved all of my
> mialboxes to the new server and all went well.
>
> Anyone know how I move Distribution List and Custom Recipients?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> Lamar

0
none89 (807)
5/12/2004 11:22:54 PM
Yes the ADC should replicate the data on Groups and COntacts to your Windows
directory from the 5.5 server.
You should be able to check by using the Active Directory Users and Computer
on the Exchange Server, and looking for one of the groups or contacts.

--
Steven Halsey
Stevhal@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

> Just for info., I did install and run "Active Directory Connector" when I
> installed the new Exch. 2003 server.  Is that all I need to do?  Are
> Distribution List and Custom Recipients a part of the Active Directory
> Connector synchronization?
>

> Lamar
>

> "Lamar Thomas" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> I am running one Exch. 5.5 server on Windows NT 4.0.  I just added a new
>> Windows 2003 Server running Exch. 2003 to the 5.5 site.  I moved all of
>> my
>> mialboxes to the new server and all went well.
>>
>> Anyone know how I move Distribution List and Custom Recipients?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>

>> Lamar

0
Stevhal (19)

Moving license to a new computer

Access 2002 question
Guys In Access 2002 the option to set Macro Security levels is not there Its normally Tool> Macro > Security as in all the other Office products Anyone know where that is set pls Thanx Check in the registry under HKLM and HKCU Software/Microsoft/Office/Access/Security Low is 1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "goundhog" <goundhog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58FC384-C899-43DC-A0DB-5C9FD7233CE6@microsoft.com... > Guys > > > In Acces...

I have a question on AVerages
I have a job wherein I need to provide the average of 'walk-ins' against the number of walk-ins seen that day, then average of # of walk-ins for the week (Monday through Friday) then by the month for each location in real numbers Not percentages. There are 21 locations in all. For example: Cell C7 is the # of walk-ins that came in that day Cell D7 lists the actual number of walk-ins seen that day == what would be the formula that would go in E7? Then how do I tally for the week say in E12 which would show the total number of walkin=seen versus the total number of walk=ins for the we...

Newbie question, looking for earliest test record for each s/n
I'm new to SQL programming and haven't been able to incorporate the suggestions I've found in other threads, so I apologize for asking a question that's been answered before. I have a query that pulls data from 2 tables, a serial number from 1 and a test date and status from another. But for some serial numbers I've got more than 1 test record (first test was a failure). I'm looking to keep only the first test record (by date/time) for each s/n. I've been able to get the "first" test record, but I only get the 1 record, not 1 for each s/n. Here...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Question about what "Home" means in the Home and Student Edition

A couple of Quick Questions about RPC/HTTPS
WXPSP2/Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 Standard front-end & back-end/ 2003 native/native AD 1. Do I need an external certificate of authority like Verisign to make it work over the internet or can I just use internal CA and still have it available externally? 2. Does the workstation that houses the Outlook 2003 client have to be a member of the domain/forest? Thanks, Harry Hi Harry, Your certificates can be issued from an Internal CA but the catch is your users compters need to trust the CA chain, this can be done by giving your users a copy of the Root CA for them to install, ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

Disabled Mailboxes
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. All of our user mailboxes have been succesfully migrated. We used ADC to create disabled mailboxes from our Exchange 5.5 then we ran ADMT to migrate NT 4.0 ID's and then we ran ADCClean to combine Migrated NT 4.0 ID with mailbox and sid history. This worked great. My issue is in addition to user mailboxes we have what we call group Mailboxes. In Exchange 5.5 these were associated with same NT 4.0 ID's as users mailbox. During migration process ADC realized you can only have a one to one relationship between mailboxes and crea...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...