Move mailbox option not available

after an in place upgrade from NT4 to W2k3 and after a connection agreements
and after exchange 2003 instal  I am having problems moving mailboxes.
I cannot get the context sensitive properties to render on a mailbox to
select a move inside of the system manager. The only mailbox that will
render the Exchange task context
sensitive menu for the move mail box option is the acount I used to setup the
connection agreements and to install Exh2k3. This account has all the
pre-requisited permissions to do anything in the domain.
I can move this users mailbox back and forth from exch 5.5 to exh2k3 no
problem.
ADC logs indicate that there are pre-requiste accounts in the new AD domain
to accomodate a move yet when you go on the new EXCH2k3 server for Active
Directory users and computers MMC.
the EXchange Tasks option menu will only let you create a mailbox and
doesn't present the move mail box option.
What am I missing here?
Please help

I did have a problem in creating the ADC in that it said that "The staging
area Domain is not in Native mode?
I understand that this is an interim step to get to AD and thus I am in
iterim mode during this setup. If a have to switch to native mode, then my NT
4 BDC's are no longer relavent. I am perplexed? MS supports this type of
upgrade to new equipment but it seems that this is a fundamental problem to
which should be fixed or at least addressed so that other do not have this
proble.

"Zart the Artist" wrote:

> after an in place upgrade from NT4 to W2k3 and after a connection agreements
> and after exchange 2003 instal  I am having problems moving mailboxes.
> I cannot get the context sensitive properties to render on a mailbox to
> select a move inside of the system manager. The only mailbox that will
> render the Exchange task context
> sensitive menu for the move mail box option is the acount I used to setup the
> connection agreements and to install Exh2k3. This account has all the
> pre-requisited permissions to do anything in the domain.
> I can move this users mailbox back and forth from exch 5.5 to exh2k3 no
> problem.
> ADC logs indicate that there are pre-requiste accounts in the new AD domain
> to accomodate a move yet when you go on the new EXCH2k3 server for Active
> Directory users and computers MMC.
> the EXchange Tasks option menu will only let you create a mailbox and
> doesn't present the move mail box option.
> What am I missing here?
> Please help

Nice rant and all, but the condition you're bumping into has been well
documented for over five years.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Zart the Artist" <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I did have a problem in creating the ADC in that it said that "The staging
> area Domain is not in Native mode?
> I understand that this is an interim step to get to AD and thus I am in
> iterim mode during this setup. If a have to switch to native mode, then my
> NT
> 4 BDC's are no longer relavent. I am perplexed? MS supports this type of
> upgrade to new equipment but it seems that this is a fundamental problem
> which should be fixed or at least addressed so that other do not have this
> proble.
>

> "Zart the Artist" wrote:
>
>> after an in place upgrade from NT4 to W2k3 and after a connection
>> agreements
>> and after exchange 2003 instal  I am having problems moving mailboxes.
>> I cannot get the context sensitive properties to render on a mailbox to
>> select a move inside of the system manager. The only mailbox that will
>> render the Exchange task context
>> sensitive menu for the move mail box option is the acount I used to setup
>> the
>> connection agreements and to install Exh2k3. This account has all the
>> pre-requisited permissions to do anything in the domain.
>> I can move this users mailbox back and forth from exch 5.5 to exh2k3 no
>> problem.
>> ADC logs indicate that there are pre-requiste accounts in the new AD
>> domain
>> to accomodate a move yet when you go on the new EXCH2k3 server for Active
>> Directory users and computers MMC.
>> the EXchange Tasks option menu will only let you create a mailbox and
>> doesn't present the move mail box option.
>> What am I missing here?
>> Please help

0
curspice6401 (3487)
10/25/2005 12:14:48 AM
Ed

Thanks for the response I do appreciate it. I am following MS deployment kit
for this procedure
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38f816a4-fb6a-4cdb-991c-2d8ff73b5ce5&displaylang=en
Is there any direction you could offer? Can I put my environment in native
mode with this deployment scheme. No mention made of this in the deployment
kit.
Can you point me to some documentation that has been around for five years?
I have in the past I succesfully migrated from NT 4 Exch 5.5 to AD 2003
Exhc.2003 using trusts and using ADMT...no problem. The in place upgrade is
proving to be a little more challenging however.
Thanks for listening...hope to hear fro you soon.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Nice rant and all, but the condition you're bumping into has been well
> documented for over five years.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Zart the Artist" <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I did have a problem in creating the ADC in that it said that "The staging
> > area Domain is not in Native mode?
> > I understand that this is an interim step to get to AD and thus I am in
> > iterim mode during this setup. If a have to switch to native mode, then my
> > NT
> > 4 BDC's are no longer relavent. I am perplexed? MS supports this type of
> > upgrade to new equipment but it seems that this is a fundamental problem
> > which should be fixed or at least addressed so that other do not have this
> > proble.
> >

> > "Zart the Artist" wrote:
> >
> >> after an in place upgrade from NT4 to W2k3 and after a connection
> >> agreements
> >> and after exchange 2003 instal  I am having problems moving mailboxes.
> >> I cannot get the context sensitive properties to render on a mailbox to
> >> select a move inside of the system manager. The only mailbox that will
> >> render the Exchange task context
> >> sensitive menu for the move mail box option is the acount I used to setup
> >> the
> >> connection agreements and to install Exh2k3. This account has all the
> >> pre-requisited permissions to do anything in the domain.
> >> I can move this users mailbox back and forth from exch 5.5 to exh2k3 no
> >> problem.
> >> ADC logs indicate that there are pre-requiste accounts in the new AD
> >> domain
> >> to accomodate a move yet when you go on the new EXCH2k3 server for Active
> >> Directory users and computers MMC.
> >> the EXchange Tasks option menu will only let you create a mailbox and
> >> doesn't present the move mail box option.
> >> What am I missing here?
> >> Please help

I would but you haven't posted enough information to go on.  Step back and
tell us chronologically what you've done to upgrade your Exchange
organization.
--

> Ed
>
> Thanks for the response I do appreciate it. I am following MS deployment
> kit
> for this procedure
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38f816a4-fb6a-4cdb-991c-2d8ff73b5ce5&displaylang=en
> Is there any direction you could offer? Can I put my environment in native
> mode with this deployment scheme. No mention made of this in the
> deployment
> kit.
> Can you point me to some documentation that has been around for five
> years?
> I have in the past I succesfully migrated from NT 4 Exch 5.5 to AD 2003
> Exhc.2003 using trusts and using ADMT...no problem. The in place upgrade
> is
> proving to be a little more challenging however.
> Thanks for listening...hope to hear fro you soon.
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Nice rant and all, but the condition you're bumping into has been well
>> documented for over five years.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Zart the Artist" <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > I did have a problem in creating the ADC in that it said that "The
>> > staging
>> > area Domain is not in Native mode?
>> > I understand that this is an interim step to get to AD and thus I am in
>> > iterim mode during this setup. If a have to switch to native mode, then
>> > my
>> > NT
>> > 4 BDC's are no longer relavent. I am perplexed? MS supports this type
>> > of
>> > upgrade to new equipment but it seems that this is a fundamental
>> > problem
>> > which should be fixed or at least addressed so that other do not have
>> > this
>> > proble.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Moving license to a new computer

MSNstockquotes option quotes
Have asked question several times at different forums with no answers. Maybe I'm the only person in the world using this function? Option symbols were recently changed and the old symbols no longer return values from the MSNstockquotes addin. I have seen a couple posts where people have said they have gotten it to work with the new symbols but they never include an example of the old and new symbol. Maybe it just will never work again. Maybe it is a matter of symbol format. I don't know. Can anyone tell me whether they have successfully gotten stock option values with th...

Safe to Move?

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Why aren't dates always available to group in pivot tables?
I download data that gives me sales number by individual day. I build a pivot table to get total sales by day and then group the process day by month or quarter. Sometimes this works perfectly, while other times I get the message 'Cannot group that selection'. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a limit to the number of rows or columns that can be grouped? You'll see that error message if the date field contains a blank cell, or text entry. There's a bit more information, and some workarounds, here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems JLM wr...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Moving Pages between two publications

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...

Shared calendar Option is missing.
I have installed Outlook 2003 into a PC but the Share My Calendar option isnt there. The Outlook is connected to a SBS 2003 exchange. All other computer have the Share My Calendar option. Is there a way to turn the option on? Thanks What is your default delivery location? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Damien asked: | I have installed Outlook 2003 into a PC but the Share My Calendar | option isnt the...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

how to have vlookup w/ optional data entry
Is it possible to have a formual in a cell in excel vba that is =IF(D22="","",VLOOKUP(D22,$N$1:$Q$1459,IF($L$1="trad sale",3,4),FALSE)) but have some sort of code set up in vb to reimplement the formula i the cell if the user needs to input data manually into that cell. I a hoping to be able to have the formula do its thing when needed, and the if they need to over-ride a price they type it into that formula cell. Then once they save the sheet, close it and re-open it, the formul will get put back into that cell to be used as a vlookup again. Am day dreaming...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Disabled Mailboxes
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. All of our user mailboxes have been succesfully migrated. We used ADC to create disabled mailboxes from our Exchange 5.5 then we ran ADMT to migrate NT 4.0 ID's and then we ran ADCClean to combine Migrated NT 4.0 ID with mailbox and sid history. This worked great. My issue is in addition to user mailboxes we have what we call group Mailboxes. In Exchange 5.5 these were associated with same NT 4.0 ID's as users mailbox. During migration process ADC realized you can only have a one to one relationship between mailboxes and crea...

Tools/Options/Security
Where is this settings stored? Is it in the registry? Where do I set this so that it is set for every new workbook that I create? Set up a workbook as you want it and save it as a template in your XLStart directory. The name must be BOOK.XLT, and it must be in that directory (search for it if you don't know where it is on your hard drive). On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 03:56:02 -0700, SDecou <SDecou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Where is this settings stored? Is it in the registry? Where do I set this so that it is set for every new workbook that I create? ...