Move mailbox loses forwarding address

Hi there, hope you can help.  We are moving our users from Exchange
2000 to a 2003 exchange server (with 03 DC's).

I am using the move mailbox tool in ESM on 2003. I move a maibox over
that has a forwarding address set on it. After I move it on the new
server the forwarding address is gone. The address is an external
address. Is this a known issue? Has someone ran into this before?

thanks for any help or pointers
rr

0
rrosa3 (1)

On 11 Apr 2006 12:23:21 -0700, rrosa3@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi there, hope you can help.  We are moving our users from Exchange
>2000 to a 2003 exchange server (with 03 DC's).
>
>I am using the move mailbox tool in ESM on 2003. I move a maibox over
>that has a forwarding address set on it. After I move it on the new
>server the forwarding address is gone. The address is an external
>address. Is this a known issue? Has someone ran into this before?
>
>thanks for any help or pointers
>rr

Odd, I just moved a mailbox and it didn't lose the forwarding.
Got anything logged?

0
mark7219 (5666)

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...

Moving Folder error

multiple email forwarding
Hi, we run an Exchange on SBS2000, and retrive emails from external provider via pop3 connector. After mail is downloaded to exchange server it is merged to users accounts. One of them has setup mail forwarding to external account (not in domain). When email is recived to ths accout it is forwarded to this external account, byt unfortunetly when there are more recipients from outside domain included the message is multiplied by its quantity and the user recieves more than one copy of the same message. What could be the reason of this? Can someon help me? Thanks. Marcin On 20 Jul 2006 04:53:3...

Address Book issues ...
Morning everyone … I’ve got a few issues that I’m having a difficult time pinning down and need a hand. I have 2 Exchange servers in different parts of the country. 1 of our Exchange servers is seeing a problem with new email boxes and distribution lists not showing up for hours after they were created in the address list – this pertains for all Outlook 2003 users, for whatever reason Outlook 2000 users don’t seem have this problem. This same Exchange server also has a problem of when creating a new user in A/D that their email account is not available for long periods of time (po...

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

Disabled Mailboxes
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. All of our user mailboxes have been succesfully migrated. We used ADC to create disabled mailboxes from our Exchange 5.5 then we ran ADMT to migrate NT 4.0 ID's and then we ran ADCClean to combine Migrated NT 4.0 ID with mailbox and sid history. This worked great. My issue is in addition to user mailboxes we have what we call group Mailboxes. In Exchange 5.5 these were associated with same NT 4.0 ID's as users mailbox. During migration process ADC realized you can only have a one to one relationship between mailboxes and crea...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Moving .pst to new machine
Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily. I copied my .pst file and opened it on the new machine. I have my email, and my primary calendar but I am wondering where my additional calendars are located. What is the best way to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst? Also, what about Rules? Do they not get copied with the .pst? Lastly, how can I copy my BCM data to the new computer? Thanks for all your help. Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the new machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared. Very strang...

How to move a file?
When saving a document into a file I'd like to move the old version into a backup directory (and rename it using the date and time). Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. But does the OS have a way to move a file without copying? Pat Crowe wrote: > When saving a document into a file I'd > like to move the old version into a backup directory > (and rename it using the date and time). > Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. > > But does the OS have a way to move a file > without copying? You could try: BOOL MoveFileEx(LPCTSTR lpExistin...

moving from an older version to 2003
Hi, My old computer used Outlook 2000. The new one has 2003. How do I move the data from one PC to the other? Is it as simple as copying the *.pst file and opening it on the new PC? When I tried that it looked wrong because there were two sets of folders with the same names. Any help is appreciated. Phil That is the way I did it and it worked just fine. I then created a new 2003 format .pst and copied everything to it within Outlook 2003. Then I switched the folder under the Account settings to make the new .pst the folder to be used by 2003 and that worked fine also. "Phil&qu...