move mailbox keeps repeating the move

I am attempting to move a mailbox from my microsoft exchange 5.5
server to my brand new microsoft exchange 2003 server.  The move
starts off nice enough but when it gets to about 30% it restarts the
move over again.  The mailbox is rather large (5.6 gigs total size).
I am wondering if Exchange 2003 just can't handle this size or if
there is something else wrong with the transfer.

0
nospam7323 (57)

Does it actually fail or are you killing it? Errors in the Event Logs?

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:01:51 -0700, Jason Gallas
<nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote:

>I am attempting to move a mailbox from my microsoft exchange 5.5
>server to my brand new microsoft exchange 2003 server.  The move
>starts off nice enough but when it gets to about 30% it restarts the
>move over again.  The mailbox is rather large (5.6 gigs total size).
>I am wondering if Exchange 2003 just can't handle this size or if
>there is something else wrong with the transfer.

0
adavid (8731)
8/14/2004 7:12:45 PM
Yes, error is:

This mailbox exceeded the maximum number of corrupted items specified
for this move mailbox operation.

Is there any way I can purge corrupted items before I make the move?

>Does it actually fail or are you killing it? Errors in the Event Logs?
>

>On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:01:51 -0700, Jason Gallas
><nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote:
>
>>I am attempting to move a mailbox from my microsoft exchange 5.5
>>server to my brand new microsoft exchange 2003 server.  The move
>>starts off nice enough but when it gets to about 30% it restarts the
>>move over again.  The mailbox is rather large (5.6 gigs total size).
>>I am wondering if Exchange 2003 just can't handle this size or if
>>there is something else wrong with the transfer.

0
nospam7323 (57)
8/14/2004 7:35:50 PM
You can change the corrupt threshold in the move mailbox wizard to
allow more. Be sure to take a good backup befire proceeding. If all
fails, exmerge may be your best tool.

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:35:50 -0700, Jason Gallas
<nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote:

>Yes, error is:
>
>This mailbox exceeded the maximum number of corrupted items specified
>for this move mailbox operation.
>

>Is there any way I can purge corrupted items before I make the move?
>
>>Does it actually fail or are you killing it? Errors in the Event Logs?
>>

>>On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:01:51 -0700, Jason Gallas
>><nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I am attempting to move a mailbox from my microsoft exchange 5.5
>>>server to my brand new microsoft exchange 2003 server.  The move
>>>starts off nice enough but when it gets to about 30% it restarts the
>>>move over again.  The mailbox is rather large (5.6 gigs total size).
>>>I am wondering if Exchange 2003 just can't handle this size or if
>>>there is something else wrong with the transfer.

0
adavid (8731)
8/14/2004 7:58:21 PM
I ended up archiving all of his emails before this year.  This solved
the problem.

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:58:21 GMT, Andy David - Exchange MVP
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

:You can change the corrupt threshold in the move mailbox wizard to
:allow more. Be sure to take a good backup befire proceeding. If all
:fails, exmerge may be your best tool.
:
:
:On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:35:50 -0700, Jason Gallas
:<nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote:
:
:>Yes, error is:
:>
:>This mailbox exceeded the maximum number of corrupted items specified
:>for this move mailbox operation.
:>
:>
:>Is there any way I can purge corrupted items before I make the move?
:>
:>>Does it actually fail or are you killing it? Errors in the Event Logs?
:>>
:>>
:>>
:>>On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:01:51 -0700, Jason Gallas
:>><nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote:
:>>
:>>>I am attempting to move a mailbox from my microsoft exchange 5.5
:>>>server to my brand new microsoft exchange 2003 server.  The move
:>>>starts off nice enough but when it gets to about 30% it restarts the
:>>>move over again.  The mailbox is rather large (5.6 gigs total size).
:>>>I am wondering if Exchange 2003 just can't handle this size or if
:>>>there is something else wrong with the transfer.
:>

0
nospam7323 (57)

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

why do i keep getting undeliverable message?
I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or something. now just get undeliverable from system admin. Do you have Symantec AntiVirus scanning outgoing mail? If so, try turning it off, at least temporarily, to see if it fixes the issue. Also, check with your ISP to see if they're having mail server issues. "sarah" <sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31F0667C-125C-4102-858B-FA4AE08305B3@microsoft.com... >I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or > something. now just get undeliv...

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Moving Pages between two publications

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Disabled Mailboxes
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. All of our user mailboxes have been succesfully migrated. We used ADC to create disabled mailboxes from our Exchange 5.5 then we ran ADMT to migrate NT 4.0 ID's and then we ran ADCClean to combine Migrated NT 4.0 ID with mailbox and sid history. This worked great. My issue is in addition to user mailboxes we have what we call group Mailboxes. In Exchange 5.5 these were associated with same NT 4.0 ID's as users mailbox. During migration process ADC realized you can only have a one to one relationship between mailboxes and crea...

Moving .pst to new machine
Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily. I copied my .pst file and opened it on the new machine. I have my email, and my primary calendar but I am wondering where my additional calendars are located. What is the best way to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst? Also, what about Rules? Do they not get copied with the .pst? Lastly, how can I copy my BCM data to the new computer? Thanks for all your help. Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the new machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared. Very strang...

Repeated values in form fields.
I have created a long legal form template for our workers. Data the worker enters in the beginning of the form has to be entered in several other places in the document. An example is the defendent's name. It currently has to be entered 7 times into fields on the form. Is there a way to have the six lower fields take the information from the first field where the data is entered. If I can figure this one out, I'll save dozens of worker hours per year. Thanks, Lee -- Lee S. See item 2 "On Line Form" in the article at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/...

How to move a file?
When saving a document into a file I'd like to move the old version into a backup directory (and rename it using the date and time). Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. But does the OS have a way to move a file without copying? Pat Crowe wrote: > When saving a document into a file I'd > like to move the old version into a backup directory > (and rename it using the date and time). > Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. > > But does the OS have a way to move a file > without copying? You could try: BOOL MoveFileEx(LPCTSTR lpExistin...

Repeat DVD
I have a DVD with just one title only 8mins long. I wish to play it continuously on my laptop, but cannot configure WMP to do this. Is it possible? ...