Move mailbox from one user account to another

Is it possible to move a mailbox from one user to another?

I have 2 domains with an account called 1234 in both. The account in one
domain has a mailbox and I would like to move it to the account in the other
domain.

One way is to orphan the mailbox by deleting the account in domain 1 and
then reconnect the mailbox to the account in domain 2. However I don't want
to delete the  account in domain 1.

If I use ADMT to migrate the account from domain 1 to domain 2 could I then
use ADClean to merge the accounts? This would be a workaround because I would
be left without an account in domain 1.

Does any know of a tool to migrate mailboxes between accounts?
0
JohnDoe1 (30)

- You can delete mailbox without deleting the user account - right-click
account | Exchange Tasks | Delete mailbox.
- In ESM under the Store - right-click Mailboxes container - Run Cleanup
Agent.
- Now you'll find the mailbox with a red x icon superimposed. Right-click
mailbox | select Reconnect. Reconnect mailbox with the other account.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"John Doe" <JohnDoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to move a mailbox from one user to another?
>
> I have 2 domains with an account called 1234 in both. The account in one
> domain has a mailbox and I would like to move it to the account in the
> other
> domain.
>
> One way is to orphan the mailbox by deleting the account in domain 1 and
> then reconnect the mailbox to the account in domain 2. However I don't
> want
> to delete the  account in domain 1.
>
> If I use ADMT to migrate the account from domain 1 to domain 2 could I
> then
> use ADClean to merge the accounts? This would be a workaround because I
> would
> be left without an account in domain 1.
>
> Does any know of a tool to migrate mailboxes between accounts?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
3/7/2006 7:50:28 AM
Thanks for the reply.

The only issue with the whole orphan/delete mailbox process is that the
exchange attributes are lost. You have to recreate the email addresses,
quotas, security, etc. Not a good job when you have 3000 mailboxes to move.

Any other alternatives?

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> - You can delete mailbox without deleting the user account - right-click
> account | Exchange Tasks | Delete mailbox.
> - In ESM under the Store - right-click Mailboxes container - Run Cleanup
> Agent.
> - Now you'll find the mailbox with a red x icon superimposed. Right-click
> mailbox | select Reconnect. Reconnect mailbox with the other account.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog

JohnDoe1 (30)
3/7/2006 8:38:17 AM
The ADMT approach should work by merging the two accounts with the new
account gaining an additional SID via Sidhistory. The new account should
then be able to connect to the Exchange server and the old mailbox. Also,
could you not assign the new account full mailbox rights and then delete the
old account on a machine that does not have the Exchange management
extensions? Not very pretty. Another alternative might be to create a
mailbox on the new account and then use Exmerge.

Nue
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> The only issue with the whole orphan/delete mailbox process is that the
> exchange attributes are lost. You have to recreate the email addresses,
> quotas, security, etc. Not a good job when you have 3000 mailboxes to
> move.
>
> Any other alternatives?
>
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> - You can delete mailbox without deleting the user account - right-click
>> account | Exchange Tasks | Delete mailbox.
>> - In ESM under the Store - right-click Mailboxes container - Run Cleanup
>> Agent.
>> - Now you'll find the mailbox with a red x icon superimposed. Right-click
>> mailbox | select Reconnect. Reconnect mailbox with the other account.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog

imaneophyte (3005)

Moving license to a new computer

Using Outlook to read from a https web account
Is it possible to add an email account with a https address? I have tried adding an account via Email Accounts => Add New Account => HTTP with no success ( I tried with and without the secure password option). I have successfully registered "standard" http accounts previously. TIA, -dan ...

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

Still looking for bugs ?
Just updating M2006 prices and some quotes missing, so I did it manually. I HAD connected to Fidelity to fetch an email and while there I checked my portfolio to get the quotes. While connected, I noticed my cash reserves balance was off ( interest last month ? ), SO in Money, I pull up "brokerage account " - "account summary" - "Adjust balance" from lower left - click in the Cash box and - get a bugcheck - 3 times in a row. I never tried to do this before in M2006 - does it work for others ?? Then I got the " Send bugcheck info" and I guess tha...

Safe to Move?

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

importing and linking accounts / contacts
I need to import about 700 accounts and a similar (but slightly smaller) number of contacts into CRM 3.0, link the contacts to the accounts, and link the accounts to a parent account. Irritatingly, my access to CRM's features are restricted and I have to rely on some guy at another office to do the import. He agrees that he can bulk import the account / contact data, but he claims that bulk linking is impossible. Is it possible to bulk link in CRM 3.0? Is it possible that my company's particular CRM version or license or configuration doesn't have this capability? If bul...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Setting up a new user
I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment. I've got one user set up and able to access his mailbox. I then created a second user on the server. When I try to connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file". What the heck does that mean? How do I do what it is asking? The client PC is running XP Pro, and I did restart it and log on to the...

"user defined functions" in Visio?
Is it possible to use "user defined functions" in Visio VBA like in Excel? I tried the following: Function HypotenuseLength(x, y) HypotenuseLength = Sqr(x ^ 2 + y ^ 2) End Function VBA (Visio) accepted the function, however, I cant seem to use it in the shapesheet. I believe the ability to execute code within the shapesheet is very limited (and does not include user functions) al <rhatcher@titan.com> wrote in message news:1132930181.246901.196070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to use "user defined functions" in Visio VBA like in > ...

list workbook names except one
Hi all, below macro list all the workbook names in column "A" which exists in a folder. What code line i should add in below macro that if there is any worbook exists with the name "Closed.xls" in the folder then it should not be listed with the other workbooks names. Please can any friend can help Sub Chk() fldrnm = Sheets("INFO").TextBox3.Value fName = Dir(fldrnm & "*.xlsm") Do While fName <> "" c = c + 1 Cells(c, 1) = fName fName = Dir() Loop End Sub Replace this line of code... Cells(c, 1) = fName with thi...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

How do I change default user name for all Excel Files?
Attempting SSconsolidation ex Tools-->Options, User Info tab. You may need to do it from Word, depending on your version...which is why including your version is always helpful. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "miriamfox" <miriamfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0889E47B-E1C6-4F3B-B6D5-8AF5405AA92C@microsoft.com... > Attempting SSconsolidation ex ...

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...