Move mailbox from Exchange 2000 Stnd to Exchange 2003 Enterprise

Can mailboxes/public folders be moved from Exchange 2000 Standard to
Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
0
kazuoc (4)

Yes. If your current hardware can accommodate Exchange 2003, then a
simple upgrade will do the trick. Otherwise if you are using new
hardware then you will have to do some migration, but the bottomline is
that it can be done without much fuss.

HTH

Kaz Chambers wrote:
> Can mailboxes/public folders be moved from Exchange 2000 Standard to
> Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Might want to look at this article as well
http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article_p.asp?id=708

Kaz Chambers wrote:
> Can mailboxes/public folders be moved from Exchange 2000 Standard to
> Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Sure. That would be standard migration / upgrade way to do it.

"Kaz Chambers" <kazuoc@hawaii.edu> wrote in message
> Can mailboxes/public folders be moved from Exchange 2000 Standard to
> Exchange 2003 Enterprise?

0
exchangemvp (657)
5/12/2006 12:45:33 PM
The fact that we are moving the mailboxes (using Mve Mailbox Wizard)
between a Standard version of Exchange to an Enterprise version as
well as from 2000 to 2003 does not matter?

On Thu, 11 May 2006 17:03:20 -0500, Kirrin Jones
<kirrinjones@itbetterbelifeordeath-gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes. If your current hardware can accommodate Exchange 2003, then a
>simple upgrade will do the trick. Otherwise if you are using new
>hardware then you will have to do some migration, but the bottomline is
>that it can be done without much fuss.
>
>HTH
>
>Kaz Chambers wrote:
>> Can mailboxes/public folders be moved from Exchange 2000 Standard to
>> Exchange 2003 Enterprise?

0
kazuoc (4)

Exchange 2003 down
I installed Norton Antivirus client on my server yesterday. Last night, it quarantined the e00.log file. Since then I have not been able to mount either the priv or the pub databases. I even tried having symantec restore the file (I have a copy of the one that was current). It made a little difference (missing log file is now there). Any ideas of what else I should do? Both databases showed dirty shutdown. I did the eseutil /p on the pub database and everything seems to go ok (no longer dirty shutdown) but cannot run isinteg against it. "OC" <anonymous@discussio...

Access 2000 limitations
I have an application that works over an Access 2000 database. A few days ego I noticed problemas in the database, as records are deleted alone. I'm just suspecting that Access 2000 does not support then number of records in the database: Table 1 - Two million records Table 2 - One million records Table 3 - One hundred thousand records. Other tables are smaller, over 300 records. Then full file contains these tables is 500 mb The question is if anyone has had problems with access to this amount of records? I have to delete records to avoid further loss records? ...

Moving license to a new computer

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

Safe to Move?

Outlook 2000 Autosignature displays HTML source in HTML mode
I had my graphical autosignature working for outgoing e- mails, but found this week that it suddenly began displaying HTML source code instead. I verified that I am still in HTML mode, but cannot get Outlook to display the signature properly. This seems to have happened at about the time that I received what appearde to be an RTF formatted e-mail, to which I responded. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can restore HTML capabilities to my outgoing e-mails? Regards, Alex ...

Outlook 2003
Hello. I like to change the method of visualization images on Outlook 2003. There's a away to change this to be just like outlook express? For example, when a image (jpg) is attached on, currently I must double click on image to open it. I would like that appear on mail body like Express. Anyone can help-me ? Outlook is not Outlook Express. It does not have the native ability to display pictures inline as does OE. Outlook is primarily a business tool and businesses seldom have a need to display pictures in email. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook} Please post all followup questio...

Conv Access 97->2000-Gets a method or data member not found error
For the following code which compiles and runs successfully in MS Access 97, when converting to MS Access 2000 the following compile error occurs "Method or data member not found." for the line below. tempID = rs.[UserID] UserID is a field in the tblSecurity table. It seems that the tblSecurity table is not opening in MS Access 2000 since this error will occur using any field, not just UserID. This error does not occur in MS Access 97. PLEASE HELP. The routine is displayed below. Sincerely thanks, Phil ------------------ CODE - Shown Below ------------------ Private Sub...

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Money 2003 restoring a backup asking for a password that does't ex
I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the same data there in my home. So i made a backup, put on a pendrive and brought it to home. Installed microsoft money 2003 in my home and tried to restore this backup. Money 2003 insists asking a password that does not exist in the original backup file. I already tried to use the repair tool and didn't work. So, what i have to do to make the backup work and does not ask a password that does not exists? Thankyou In microsoft.public.money, Calil wrote: >I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the sa...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Outlook 2003 rules
I had an email address - fname_lname@domain.com. My company got a new domain name, so now my email address is fnamelname@domain2.net. I will forever get emails to both addresses. I want all emails sent to fname_lname@domain.com to go to a specific folder. I've tried creating a rule manually, I've tried right clicking on the specific email and creating the rule from there. I've tried importing the rule from 2002. (The rule works just fine in 2002!) I'm unable to get it working. Anyone have any ideas? Create a rule that looks for the old e-mail address in the Interne...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Publisher 2003
I am using Publisher 2003 and have set up Styles for easy formatting. The font colors I have set up randomly keep changing back to Black. Example: I have a style set up called Header - Autumn with the font color of Orange. At times when I open my file to print it, all the text I chose Header - Autumn for is now Black. It's showing Black on my monitor and it's printing black. When I go back in to where I set the style up, it's also reverted to Black. This isn't happening to all my Styles. Just randomly enough to drive you nuts. Got any suggestions as to what's...

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...