Move Mailbox failure results in maildata on source and target servers (Exchange 5.5)

Hi all,

I have two Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers running in the same site.  Due to
priv.edb corruption on one of the servers, I started moving mailboxes to the
second server.  A few of the moves failed without explanation.  The only
potentially related even was something about rules synchronization, but
Google and MS KB searches yielded nothing.

Here's the problem:

- Moved USER mailbox from SERVER_X to SERVER_Y
- Move failed at some point
- "Mailbox resources" on SERVER_Y shows that USER has approx. 1.4GB on
SERVER_Y, but USER doesn't show up in "Server Recipients"
- "Mailbox resources" on SERVER_X shows that USER has approx. 1.6GB on
SERVER_X, and USER *does show up in "Server Recipients"
- Mailbox properties show USER's home server as SERVER_X
- No data appears to have been lost

I haven't done anything else for fear of losing the mailboxes (which happen
to belong to VIP's, of course).

This article is close to my situation, but doesn't quite apply:
Q252869
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252869&Product=ech
XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful

I did actually make a change to one attribute to USER's mailbox and waited
for the directory to synch, as suggested in the above KB article.  Didn't
help.

Before I contact PSS, any suggestions?

A few more pieces of information:  this problem occurred with about 3% of
the mailboxes I've moved so far.  It happened regardless of whether or not
the NA Groupshield server was running.  I'm able to exmerge these troubled
mailboxes without incident, so I don't this problem has to do with the
priv.edb corruption that prompted this mass-move.  I know I could exmerge
out, delete the directory entry, run the Consistency Adjuster, delete
mailbox, exmerge PST's back in, but I'd rather not do that (these three
mailboxes are all over 1GB, so that would take longer than a "move
mailbox.").

Thanks!

0
pphelan (1)

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

Moving license to a new computer

Outlook 2000 Autosignature displays HTML source in HTML mode
I had my graphical autosignature working for outgoing e- mails, but found this week that it suddenly began displaying HTML source code instead. I verified that I am still in HTML mode, but cannot get Outlook to display the signature properly. This seems to have happened at about the time that I received what appearde to be an RTF formatted e-mail, to which I responded. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can restore HTML capabilities to my outgoing e-mails? Regards, Alex ...

Safe to Move?

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Exchange 5.5 / 2000 /2003
Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000=20 and 2003 in the wrong forum?? This forum is regarding Exchange 5.5 There=B4s forum=B4s for them all, PLEASE place the questions=20 in the right forum gladefoged You need to read this: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/newsgroups/default.asp -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "gladefoged" <gl@lundbergvest.dk> wrote in message news:5be401c3ad2e$b1e74350$a601280a@phx.gbl... Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000 and 2003 ...

Mail Delivery failure #2
I have one specific user that constantly receives email replies for undeliverable emails to an unknown address in which he never sent. Can someone explain why and how to fix it? Karen <karen@reuelnc.com> wrote: > I have one specific user that constantly receives email replies for > undeliverable emails to an unknown address in which he never sent. Can > someone explain why and how to fix it? There's nothing that can be done. Somewhere on the Internet, someone who has your user's address in his or her address book has been infected with malware. This infect...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Howto find multiple servers using TCP
I have to search my subnet to look for servers that are listening on port 30715. I am using one thread of a derived class of CAsyncSocket. I am using CEvents with a 200 milisecond timeout, if there is no connection within the 200 miliseconds, then I know there is no serer. However searching from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 takes a long time. Is there a better way? I can't think of another way. But if the server program is your program, then I have a suggestion. I have a server that alot of clients connect to, and I really didn't want to have to input the server address in ever...

Moving Pages between two publications

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...

Can find POP3 server but not SMTP?
Hi all I am having a problem connecting to an SMTP server with Outlook 2000 in Windows XP, it says that the SMTP server is not found and gives me a dialogue box to try and reenter it. The POP3 server is the same as the SMTP server (different ports), and it finds the POP3 server no problem and downloads mail, but when it goes to send mails, it tells me that it can't find the server (even though it just found it). Also I have tried pinging the server, and no problem there. I checked the ports - 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3. I also verified the following settings were correct by comparing wi...

Unable to add mailbox
Hi I have created two new users, with mailboxes. All the exchange tabs are visible through active directory in the user's properties. However, I can not send or receive mail for them. I can log into owa as one of them, but they are not receiving mail I send, nor is any mail they send going out. Opening an active directory window on the exchange server, none of these accounts show up. I see mailboxes for one of them in the first admin group (the one who I can log into OWA). All other users are working fine. Any thoughts on the problem? Could it be licensing, I am close to my m...

CRM installation on SBS2003 or W2K3 server?
Dear all We have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard along with a Windows Server 2003 Standard (setup as a terminal server). We would like to implement Microsoft's CRM. There are 10 users on our network. I am totally new to CRM, so sorry in advance if my questions sound a little naive. 1. Do we need to install SQL on either of the servers? If so, can we upgrade the current SBS2003 Standard to Enterprise or is it best to install SQL on the W2K3 WTS server? 2. What hardware recommendations are their for CRM? Our WTS is a much higher spec than the SBS & currently has o...

CString #5
When I declare a CString locally, CString s; is it overkill to use s.Empty(); ? "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:uu2G%23m1jGHA.2004@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I declare a CString locally, > > CString s; > > is it overkill to use > > s.Empty(); ? --------- Also, what is the most efficient way to remove the last 3 characters of a string? Right now I have: CString s; . . . if(s.Right(3) == _T("_tr") ) s.Delete(s.GetLength() - 3,3); On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:25:36 -0400, "...

Foreign Currency Exchange Rates Web service
Hi Guys, please does anyone know of any web service that is for currency exchange rates? On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:38:30 GMT, 'Layemi Oshodi wrote: > please does anyone know of any web service that is for currency exchange > rates? http://www.xe.com/ucc/ -- I'd hate to end the universe by mistake. On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:38:30 +0100, "'Layemi Oshodi" <yemmy@biosmart-ng.com> wrote: >please does anyone know of any web service that is for currency exchange >rates? Google's calculator calculates with almost every unit imagin...