move Inbox

Hi,
one of our user moved his Outlook 2000 inbox into the folder "deleted
items" - the user did not know how, but I think he used OWA.
At this time our Exchange infrastructure were in mixed mode - E5.5 and E2K
with Outlook 2000.
Now we are in native mode (E2K) and I try to move the inbox folder for this
user to his Outlook root (still Outlook 2000) - I tried it with Outlook Web
Access, but I had no success. How can I move Outlook standard folders to
subfolders, respectively back ?

Bye Markus

try to run the "Outlook \resetfolders' comman
it can help yo

Regard
Shai Netanel
0
anonymous (74722)
2/29/2004 12:46:06 PM
Hi.

After giving you the correct permissions on the mailbox, you can move the
folder using the "M:" unit on the Exchange 2000 Server.

Bye.
--
Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL�
MVP Exchange,SQL/Server,[MCSE option Messaging, MCSA 2003].

"Markus Trunk" <Markus.Trunk@ger.sas.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
c1sfb3$8rj$1@license1.unx.sas.com...
> Hi,
> one of our user moved his Outlook 2000 inbox into the folder "deleted
> items" - the user did not know how, but I think he used OWA.
> At this time our Exchange infrastructure were in mixed mode - E5.5 and E2K
> with Outlook 2000.
> Now we are in native mode (E2K) and I try to move the inbox folder for
this
> user to his Outlook root (still Outlook 2000) - I tried it with Outlook
Web
> Access, but I had no success. How can I move Outlook standard folders to
> subfolders, respectively back ?
>
> Bye Markus

No. Touching M: is bad idea.

"Thierry DEMAN [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi.
>
> After giving you the correct permissions on the mailbox, you can move the
> folder using the "M:" unit on the Exchange 2000 Server.
>
> Bye.
> --
> Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL�
> MVP Exchange,SQL/Server,[MCSE option Messaging, MCSA 2003].
> FAQ Exchange: http://faqexchange.dyndns.org
> Site personnel: http://webfamilial.dyndns.org/thierry/pageprincipale.htm
>
> "Markus Trunk" <Markus.Trunk@ger.sas.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
> c1sfb3$8rj$1@license1.unx.sas.com...
> > Hi,
> > one of our user moved his Outlook 2000 inbox into the folder "deleted
> > items" - the user did not know how, but I think he used OWA.
> > At this time our Exchange infrastructure were in mixed mode - E5.5 and E2K
> > with Outlook 2000.
> > Now we are in native mode (E2K) and I try to move the inbox folder for
> this
> > user to his Outlook root (still Outlook 2000) - I tried it with Outlook
> Web
> > Access, but I had no success. How can I move Outlook standard folders to
> > subfolders, respectively back ?
> >
> > Bye Markus

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
3/1/2004 10:03:33 AM
Dear Markus,

Thanks for posting here.

Based on my research, you can simply drag it from the deleted items to the
root tree in Outlook.

If the above step does not work, you may export the "deleted items" to a
.pst file and then import it to the Inbox.

1. Logon the workstation with this user's account. Open Outlook, click
"File"-->"Import and Export".

2. In the wizard, select "Export to a file"-->"Next"-->"Personal Folder
File(.pst)"-->"Next"-->select "Deleted Items", check "Include
subfolders"-->"Next"-->input the file path and click "Finish".

3. Also use this wizard and select import from file, import the .pst file
to the Outlook root.

In addition, please do not touch the M: driver.
1.   Do not backup M: drive. Instead, we need to backup database file with
backup software.

Regarding the detailed Exchange backup procedure, I'd like to refer you to
the KB articles:
326052 XADM: White Paper - Disaster Recovery for Microsoft Exchange 2000
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326052

243380 XADM: How to Use the Windows 2000 Backup Utility to Perform an Online
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=243380

2. Do not map network share folder as M: drive.

3. For additional information about some of the issues that are associated
with keeping scanning the drive M mapping, please read the following KB
article:
298924 XADM: Do Not Back Up or Scan Exchange 2000 Drive M
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=298924

I hope the above information helps.
If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Jorge Fei

MCSE MCP
Microsoft Partner Online Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

v-jfei (19)
3/1/2004 2:22:43 PM
This guy is an MCSE?

Since when can you simply drag the special folders in Outlook around
without using the old Exchange32 client which shipped with Exchange
5.0?  You can't.  Bad research Jorge.  This is most likely due to the
EntryID for the INBOX.

Exporting to PST is an option only if you remove the account after
exporting.  Then import to the new account.  You will have to move the
items in the inbox to the real inbox after the import.  Simply
exporting then importing without removing the Exchange account has no
affect on the condition.

Now the M: drive comments are correct.  Don't mess with the M: drive.
In fact Microsoft has an article out there that you can hide it.  In
2003 it is hidden already.

Mike

--
MailMike

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Exchange 2000

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Moving .pst to new machine
Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily. I copied my .pst file and opened it on the new machine. I have my email, and my primary calendar but I am wondering where my additional calendars are located. What is the best way to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst? Also, what about Rules? Do they not get copied with the .pst? Lastly, how can I copy my BCM data to the new computer? Thanks for all your help. Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the new machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared. Very strang...

How to move a file?
When saving a document into a file I'd like to move the old version into a backup directory (and rename it using the date and time). Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. But does the OS have a way to move a file without copying? Pat Crowe wrote: > When saving a document into a file I'd > like to move the old version into a backup directory > (and rename it using the date and time). > Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. > > But does the OS have a way to move a file > without copying? You could try: BOOL MoveFileEx(LPCTSTR lpExistin...

there are no item in inbox, i have click on send/receive tab many
there are no item in inbox, i have click on send/receive tab many time "uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:428FA040-E7B5-47E6-B611-FB1748D71FD2@microsoft.com... > there are no item in inbox, i have click on send/receive tab many time What happens? Do you get any error messages? Did you turn on diagnostic logging to see what's happening during the send/receive? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300479 -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] if you switch folders, do the messages show up? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http:/...

moving from an older version to 2003
Hi, My old computer used Outlook 2000. The new one has 2003. How do I move the data from one PC to the other? Is it as simple as copying the *.pst file and opening it on the new PC? When I tried that it looked wrong because there were two sets of folders with the same names. Any help is appreciated. Phil That is the way I did it and it worked just fine. I then created a new 2003 format .pst and copied everything to it within Outlook 2003. Then I switched the folder under the Account settings to make the new .pst the folder to be used by 2003 and that worked fine also. "Phil&qu...

an email is stuck in my inbox
I was sent an email from a fellow co-worker that was simply asking me to call someone. I cannot delete this email or move it to another folder. I get "Unknown Error" when trying to delete. I would like to delete this email but I do not know how as I have tried all the normal ways already. One thing that helps us when we have a situation like this is to "sneak up on it." Select the mesage above it, hold down control, and click on the message following it. Now you can hit Delete on your keyboard. I hope this works for you! >-----Original Message----- >I w...

How to move CRM for Outlook database to different drive?
Is this possible? Would appreciate any help. Thanks! ...

HOW do you move multiple transactions at once?
Ok, so I am going to try to play by Money's rules... I have an account that was downloaded. I can't merge this account with my old account for two reasons. 1.) It will "delete all old transactions to prevent duplicates" - Whomever approved this design needs a talking to. 2.) If I do, it will simply create the account again! So, I then tried exporting my old account and re-importing it... the problem here is that Transfers and Payees are all messed up, requiring a LOT of manual work! So now I am trying "Cut & paste to Account" which works, but I only seem ...

Move Exchange 5.5 mailboxes from one domain to another
Hi, is there a way to move a bunch of Exchange mailboxes from one Exchange 5.5 server on one domain to a diferent Exchange 5.5 server on a different domain? Many thanks, A ...