more than two MX record

Hi gurus

I have and exchange 2000 server, two statics ip, two routers.-  each router
has it own Ip address.- my mx record points to one of my public IP and all
email comes through this using one of my router, then my router push all
email to my  spam firewall and my firewall push those emails to my exchange
server.

I want some of my outside user to send email using the other router and
bypass my spam firewall.
do I just create another MX record pointing to the next static ip and use my
router to forward those email directly to my exchange server

 my MX record  mail.domain.com can I create the second MX record like
mailbox.domain.com and route this to exchange directly. let my user know what
the incoming and outgoing server mx record is?

Thanks guys

Yes, you can add an additional A record mapping another fqdn to the second
IP, and point a new MX to it.

What are you trying to accomplish with this?

- If you add this with the same priority/preference number as the existing
one, these will load-balance (DNS round-robin). h
- If you add the second one with a higher number, mail will only be routed
to it if the first one fails.

If the outside user wants to send to the second/new IP address, it will need
to be hard-coded in the sender's environment - if they use Exchange, they
will need to setup a SMTP Connector for your address space and specify the
second/new IP as a smarthost.

In that case, you do not need to add a new MX record (which will allow
outside email to bypass your spam firewall at some point.. ).

Perhaps a better way to do this:
- Create an additional SMTP virtual server for that org, mapping the second
external IP address to it on your firewall
- Create smtp/ip filters to accept connections only from that Org's ip
address(es)
- Optionally, set up SMTP authentication on the VS

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"naguaramipana" <naguaramipana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi gurus
>
> I have and exchange 2000 server, two statics ip, two routers.-  each
> router
> has it own Ip address.- my mx record points to one of my public IP and all
> email comes through this using one of my router, then my router push all
> email to my  spam firewall and my firewall push those emails to my
> exchange
> server.
>
> I want some of my outside user to send email using the other router and
> bypass my spam firewall.
> do I just create another MX record pointing to the next static ip and use
> my
> router to forward those email directly to my exchange server
>
> my MX record  mail.domain.com can I create the second MX record like
> mailbox.domain.com and route this to exchange directly. let my user know
> what
> the incoming and outgoing server mx record is?
>

> Thanks guys

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
6/26/2006 10:04:35 PM
B.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

 here is were I am.- I have two static public ip from my isp, then I have
two routers one for each ip address, my isp holds my external dns and Mx
record.

1) my now in service MX record mail.domain.com points to router number one
and from here my router sends all email for my domain to a spam firewall and
from here all goes to my exchange server
2) I want certain user outside my network to use a second MX record
mailbox.domain.com and get that mx record pointing to my second IP address
which goes to the second router and from here directly to my same exchange
server.

is this possible, what do you think

Thanks

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes, you can add an additional A record mapping another fqdn to the second
> IP, and point a new MX to it.
>
> What are you trying to accomplish with this?
>
> - If you add this with the same priority/preference number as the existing
> one, these will load-balance (DNS round-robin). h
> - If you add the second one with a higher number, mail will only be routed
> to it if the first one fails.
>
> If the outside user wants to send to the second/new IP address, it will need
> to be hard-coded in the sender's environment - if they use Exchange, they
> will need to setup a SMTP Connector for your address space and specify the
> second/new IP as a smarthost.
>
> In that case, you do not need to add a new MX record (which will allow
> outside email to bypass your spam firewall at some point.. ).
>
> Perhaps a better way to do this:
> - Create an additional SMTP virtual server for that org, mapping the second
> external IP address to it on your firewall
> - Create smtp/ip filters to accept connections only from that Org's ip
> address(es)
> - Optionally, set up SMTP authentication on the VS
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "naguaramipana" <naguaramipana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi gurus
> >
> > I have and exchange 2000 server, two statics ip, two routers.-  each
> > router
> > has it own Ip address.- my mx record points to one of my public IP and all
> > email comes through this using one of my router, then my router push all
> > email to my  spam firewall and my firewall push those emails to my
> > exchange
> > server.
> >
> > I want some of my outside user to send email using the other router and
> > bypass my spam firewall.
> > do I just create another MX record pointing to the next static ip and use
> > my
> > router to forward those email directly to my exchange server
> >
> > my MX record  mail.domain.com can I create the second MX record like
> > mailbox.domain.com and route this to exchange directly. let my user know
> > what
> > the incoming and outgoing server mx record is?
> >

> > Thanks guys

Don't think most MTAs have any support for using specific MX records, so as
posted earlier I don't think that particular approach will work.

All you need to do is allow your router to forward SMTP traffic inbound on
the second/new IP to the Exchange server directly, then have the postmaster
in the sending organization hard-code that in their system - you can do it
by IP address or insert an A record mapping to that IP address in your
external DNS. If the sending domain is using Exchange, all they need to do
is set up an SMTP Connector for your domain, and specify the second IP
address/fqdn as a smarthost.
--

> [...]
>> > all
>> > email comes through this using one of my router, then my router push
>> > all
>> > email to my  spam firewall and my firewall push those emails to my
>> > exchange
>> > server.
>> >
>> > I want some of my outside user to send email using the other router and
>> > bypass my spam firewall.
>> > do I just create another MX record pointing to the next static ip and
>> > use
>> > my
>> > router to forward those email directly to my exchange server
>> >
>> > my MX record  mail.domain.com can I create the second MX record like
>> > mailbox.domain.com and route this to exchange directly. let my user
>> > know
>> > what
>> > the incoming and outgoing server mx record is?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
6/27/2006 3:20:43 PM
B.

Thanks
 so in other words the following scenario wont work

 on my ISP site
    MX record  mail.domain.com->xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1
    MX record mailbox.domain.com ->xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2
on my site
    router #1  xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1->spam firewall-> exchange server
   router #2   xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2->exchange server

client side
      outgoing server mailbox.domain.com
      incoming server mailbox.domain.com

every other client
     outgoing  preferred ISP
     incoming preferred ISP
       pointing of course to mail.domain.com

please advise

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> >> routed
> >> to it if the first one fails.
> >>
> >> If the outside user wants to send to the second/new IP address, it will
> >> need
> >> to be hard-coded in the sender's environment - if they use Exchange, they
> >> will need to setup a SMTP Connector for your address space and specify
> >> the
> >> second/new IP as a smarthost.
> >>
> >> In that case, you do not need to add a new MX record (which will allow
> >> outside email to bypass your spam firewall at some point.. ).
> >>
> >> Perhaps a better way to do this:
> >> - Create an additional SMTP virtual server for that org, mapping the
> >> second
> >> external IP address to it on your firewall
> >> - Create smtp/ip filters to accept connections only from that Org's ip
> >> address(es)
> >> - Optionally, set up SMTP authentication on the VS

If you are using separate domains as you explained, it'll work. The
customers needing to bypass the filter will need to send to the second
domain that can directly send messages to your Exchange server. On your
server, you will need to create Recipient Policy for that domain so
Recipients have the necessary email addresses from the new domain as
proxyAddresses.

However, given this scenario, when your internal Recipient replies to an
email, it will go out using the default email address, irrespective of which
email address it was received on. When remote Recipients reply to those
subjected to the filters.
--

> B.
>
> Thanks
> so in other words the following scenario wont work
>
> on my ISP site
>    MX record  mail.domain.com->xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1
>    MX record mailbox.domain.com ->xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2
> on my site
>    router #1  xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1->spam firewall-> exchange server
>   router #2   xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2->exchange server
>
> client side
>      outgoing server mailbox.domain.com
>      incoming server mailbox.domain.com
>
> every other client
>     outgoing  preferred ISP
>     incoming preferred ISP
>       pointing of course to mail.domain.com
>
> please advise
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Don't think most MTAs have any support for using specific MX records, so
>> as
>> posted earlier I don't think that particular approach will work.
>>
>> All you need to do is allow your router to forward SMTP traffic inbound
>> on
>> the second/new IP to the Exchange server directly, then have the
>> postmaster
>> in the sending organization hard-code that in their system - you can do
>> it
>> by IP address or insert an A record mapping to that IP address in your
>> external DNS. If the sending domain is using Exchange, all they need to
>> do
>> is set up an SMTP Connector for your domain, and specify the second IP
>> address/fqdn as a smarthost.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "naguaramipana" <naguaramipana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > B.
>> >
>> > Thanks for the prompt reply.
>> >
>> > here is were I am.- I have two static public ip from my isp, then I
>> > have
>> > two routers one for each ip address, my isp holds my external dns and
>> > Mx
>> > record.
>> >
>> > 1) my now in service MX record mail.domain.com points to router number
>> > one
>> > and from here my router sends all email for my domain to a spam
>> > firewall
>> > and
>> > from here all goes to my exchange server
>> > 2) I want certain user outside my network to use a second MX record
>> > mailbox.domain.com and get that mx record pointing to my second IP
>> > address
>> > which goes to the second router and from here directly to my same
>> > exchange
>> > server.
>> >
>> > is this possible, what do you think
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Thanks for battle with me on this.

 I only have one domain(mydomain), my MX record is mail.mydomain.com, I
think this is pretty standar.-

 I would like to create another MX record mailbox.mydomain.com to point to
the second ip address and therefore to my router number two

Thanks

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> If you are using separate domains as you explained, it'll work. The
> customers needing to bypass the filter will need to send to the second
> domain that can directly send messages to your Exchange server. On your
> server, you will need to create Recipient Policy for that domain so
> Recipients have the necessary email addresses from the new domain as
> proxyAddresses.
>
> However, given this scenario, when your internal Recipient replies to an
> email, it will go out using the default email address, irrespective of which
> email address it was received on. When remote Recipients reply to those
> subjected to the filters.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "naguaramipana" <naguaramipana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > B.
> >
> > Thanks
> > so in other words the following scenario wont work
> >
> > on my ISP site
> >    MX record  mail.domain.com->xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1
> >    MX record mailbox.domain.com ->xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2
> > on my site
> >    router #1  xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1->spam firewall-> exchange server
> >   router #2   xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2->exchange server
> >
> > client side
> >      outgoing server mailbox.domain.com
> >      incoming server mailbox.domain.com
> >
> > every other client
> >     outgoing  preferred ISP
> >     incoming preferred ISP
> >       pointing of course to mail.domain.com
> >
> > please advise
> >
> > "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Don't think most MTAs have any support for using specific MX records, so
> >> as
> >> posted earlier I don't think that particular approach will work.
> >>
> >> All you need to do is allow your router to forward SMTP traffic inbound
> >> on
> >> the second/new IP to the Exchange server directly, then have the
> >> postmaster
> >> in the sending organization hard-code that in their system - you can do
> >> it
> >> by IP address or insert an A record mapping to that IP address in your
> >> external DNS. If the sending domain is using Exchange, all they need to
> >> do
> >> is set up an SMTP Connector for your domain, and specify the second IP
> >> address/fqdn as a smarthost.
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> www.zenprise.com
> >> NEW blog location:
> >> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >>

> >> "naguaramipana" <naguaramipana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Sorry, that's my mistake.... I read mail.mydomain.com and
mailbox.mydomain.com as 2 separate domains.... :)

1 domain, 2 MX records.
2 possible scenarios:
1) both MX records have same preference number (10 for instance)
2) new MX record has a higher preference

In case #1 above, traffic will be load-balanced between the 2 (dns
round-robin) - that's not something you want.

In case#2, the new MX record will only be used as a failover when the first
one doesn't respond. You don't want either.

Take a step back from the MX record approach....

What you want is for the mail host from a particular domain send all
messages to a particular IP address that'll bypass your filters. In this
case, you should talk to the postmaster/mail admin from the sending domain
and have them configure it so. If they're using Exchange, they can simply
create a SMTP Connector for your domain, and deliver mail to the second IP
address (insert the IP address or fqdn as a smarthost on that Connector). If
they're using other MTAs like Postfix, it is just as easily accomplished.
--

> Thanks for battle with me on this.
>
> I only have one domain(mydomain), my MX record is mail.mydomain.com, I
> think this is pretty standar.-
>
> I would like to create another MX record mailbox.mydomain.com to point to
> the second ip address and therefore to my router number two
>
> Thanks
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If you are using separate domains as you explained, it'll work. The
>> customers needing to bypass the filter will need to send to the second
>> domain that can directly send messages to your Exchange server. On your
>> server, you will need to create Recipient Policy for that domain so
>> Recipients have the necessary email addresses from the new domain as
>> proxyAddresses.
>>
>> However, given this scenario, when your internal Recipient replies to an
>> email, it will go out using the default email address, irrespective of
>> which
>> email address it was received on. When remote Recipients reply to those
>> subjected to the filters.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "naguaramipana" <naguaramipana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > B.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > so in other words the following scenario wont work
>> >
>> > on my ISP site
>> >    MX record  mail.domain.com->xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1
>> >    MX record mailbox.domain.com ->xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2
>> > on my site
>> >    router #1  xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1->spam firewall-> exchange server
>> >   router #2   xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2->exchange server
>> >
>> > client side
>> >      outgoing server mailbox.domain.com
>> >      incoming server mailbox.domain.com
>> >
>> > every other client
>> >     outgoing  preferred ISP
>> >     incoming preferred ISP
>> >       pointing of course to mail.domain.com
>> >
>> > please advise

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Insert Matching Records to different table
Hi all, TIA for any help... I'm trying to get away from some of my old-fashioned recordset looping techniques and build a better understanding of how to use SQL (not a strong point for me) to accomplish the same things. Wondering if someone can give me a hand. I've got two tables that hold Required Documentation information... one for Parts that holds records based on the part, and one for Orders that holds basically the same records, but allows for there to be order-specific changes in the requirements for documentation. As of now, I use two recordsets, rsP(arts)...

Deleting page headers on pages w/o records
Hey guys, first post, be gentle. Doing my first access 2003/2007 report (file format is access 2003 but using 2007 as a front end, mainly due to network issues, but thats another issue) and i'm running into an issue where the report won't stop putting the record headers on pages w/o records (ie, footer section has its own page w/ just a text label). Currently, i have the text for the fields in the 'page header' section (which is probably why its popping up on every page), but if i try giving it its own section, it only shows the text for the fields on the first page,...

synchiing two computers?

Counting records matching criteria
I have the following queries that count records matching particular criteria. One counts ProdPrefix="C" and the other counts ProdPrefix="M". Output is in 2 columns for each query as follows DonorName ProdPrefixC DonorName ProdPrefixM How can I put the whole lot together to get an output with 3 columns as follows DonorName ProdPrefixC ProdPrefixM SQL generated in query design for each query. SELECT DonatedProducts.DonorName, Count(DonatedProducts.ProdPrefix) AS CountPrefixC FROM DonatedProducts WHERE (((DonatedProducts.ProdPrefix)="C"...

Subform causing duplicate records?
I am trying to do a Purchase Order database. I need a subform in the PO Data Entry Form since there are usually multiple items in the PO. I have a command button to Print PO but I end up with a report for each item in the subform. This is the SQL for the Print PO. SELECT DISTINCT [Purchase Order Table].[PO Number], [Purchase Order Table].[Purchase Order Date], [Purchase Order Table].[Requested By], [Purchase Order Table].[Approved By], [Purchase Items List Query].Quantity, [Purchase Items List Query].Description, [Purchase Items List Query].[Unit Price], [Purchase Items...

Trapping for Last record on Cont. Form, I'm getting desperate...
Does anyone know how I can make this code trap for the Last Record The procedure cycles through a number of the same selection box on one continuous form, and if the choice is correct, then copies the data to another field on the target field/form. Then moves to the next selection, until it fills in the last blank field record, that’s where it bombs out with a no next record error: At the moment I have a quick fix in the shape of an On Error line, but it’s not ideal as It realies on a natural error rather than clean elegant code. I have tried every which way to get my head round this, ...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Global entry of records
I have a training database where I keep track of training for employees. If I want to update 10 of those records with the same information, how would I go about doing this instead of updating each individual record? I have tried tagging those records that needed to be updated and used an append query but that didn't work. -- ts Hi Tim, You need to use an Update query with the appropriate criteria, not an Append (adds new records) query. Start with a normal SELECT query to select the records of interest, using the appropriate WHERE clause (criteria). Then convert i...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Locate 1 Customer Account record by multiple names
Multiple entry lines for names on accounts. Many of our customers are same households with different last names. We would like to be able to put both names on the account and be able to locate the account by either name. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....

Compare two lists of names
Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the other is first name last? try this formual: =RIGHT(TRIM(E2),LEN(E2)-FIND(" ",E2))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(TRIM(E2),FIND(" ",E2))) it will convert First name last name to last name, first name or Visa versa. then you can compare your lists. "ea" wrote: > Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the > other is first name last? ...

Records reported 69 times
I'm using Access 2007 w/ XP. I have a report I've used for year that groups records and provides sub-group totals. As I was looking at the design of the table to which the source for the report, I may have inadvertently clicked something because when I run the report, each record from the query upon which the report is based is reported 69 times. I've checked the query and it looks good. I don't use Access that often, so I'm feeling like a beginner here. Any suggestion on what might be happening. Bob Bob Griendling wrote: >I'm using A...

Two copies of all Mailboxes
Using my sbs2003 srver with exchange 2003 installed - I notice two copies of all users mail box in the list of mailboxes using outlook 2003 on the same server. When I try to close these I get an error syaing mail boxes in use. I cn not remove them. Can you tell me how to remove these so I have just on mail box visible per user? thx Kevin Cain Class TECHNOLOGY ...

How do I create a chart on two axes with two lines and a bar
I am trying to compare two final stock prices to the average volume. So, teh left axes would have the numbers for the stock prices, and the right axes would have the volume. The two stock prices would be lines using the left, and the volume a bar using the right. I can do one line and one bar, but I can't figure out two lines. Can anyone help? Forget the built in custom types. It's better to build your own. Create your chart using all the data, to produce a chart with three line series all on the primary axis. Select the Volume series, and on the Chart menu, use Chart Type to ch...

how do I display last two digits of a SSN in a separate column
I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this possible? Try =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "katbone1" wrote: > I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit > numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this > possible? Hi Use a formula =3Dright(A1, 2...

Combining Text and numbers from two cells
Hi all please help i have a cell with a number such as 6000 (a1) and another cell with a text aaa- and i would like to combine them in another cell to make aaa-6000, could somebody please help me with a formula? thanks Andrew -- koba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492631 Hi! Try this: A1 = 6000 B1 = aaa =B1&"-"&A1 Biff "koba" <koba.1zwtbm_1134361504.8695...

Simple Query only returning 5 records
I am very new to Access, therefore I'm pretty sure I know where the problem is. That said...I have a query built of multiple imported tables. I'm mostly using it to combine values for data analysis. I have been changing the query up and rerunning it over and over. Yesterday I got some error that said I didn't have enough memory or disk space to finish the query. Now I can only get 5 records out when I run the query. I don't know if the two are related but something is up. In trying to discover the issue I have deleted all table connections and simply tried to return all the val...

Can't see Records Toolbar in Forms View?
Hello. I can't see the Records Toolbar to be able to delete records from a form. When I look at the tables, I can see the Delete Record button. But when I go to the form, that whole toolbar is missing. Is there a setting or property I can check? VR/Lost You can right-click on the menubar and select Toolbars, then the Forms toolbar. You can also delete a record simply by selecting it and pressing the Delete (DEL) key. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Lostguy" <cpocpo@mail.com> w...