Monitor Messages

Hi all

I home this is an easy question, but does anyone know of a way in which I
can monitor and find out how many messages are sent and recieved from our
exchange server, is there a tool which can do this

wmb2003 (15)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:52:45 -0000, "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I home this is an easy question, but does anyone know of a way in which I
>can monitor and find out how many messages are sent and recieved from our
>exchange server, is there a tool which can do this

I'm mucking about with this one
http://www.internetaccessmonitor.com/eng/products/mam/ but have
traditionally advocated www.Promodag.fr as a comprehensive package.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Accept messages...only from
I have a "send only" account set up to which we don't WANT to receive messages. I have it set up to ACCEPT MESSAGES ONLY FROM and, because I couldn't leave that BLANK, I've entered 2 system admin names. BUT, I would like people who TRY to send to or reply to this account to get an error back -- they're not, currently. Is this by design, and/or how can I get around this and generate an error back to the sender? they should be getting an error back, telling them that they do not have permissions to send to this recipient... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "MK&qu...

http status code text message
CHttpFile::QueryInfoStatusCode() How do you get a text version message that you can display to a user? For example if it returns 404 "Not found." Etc. I'm not gonna code a giant switch for this, there's gotta be something in wininet or mfc that translates these into a message? ...

Out of office message
Does anyone know how to set/do an out of the office message for your email? Can you do this or not? I have tried everything and can not get it. Any help would be great. If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected to the Internet, and have your e-mail program open. If you want do this anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages, you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only. Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and c...

Err message when change unrestricted access to restrict permissio
Error message will pop up when I change message permission setting from unrestricted access to restrict permission. Which would be...? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ken" <ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80BAF88-6413-484A-8E3B-9C94B5903628@microsoft.com... > Error message will pop up when I change message permission setting from &...

NEW error message
Ok....well, I uninstalled my entire office CD...I edited the registry of anything to do with outlook, reloaded office and my outlook was running perfectly!!! Now it is giving me this error: MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ DEBUG LIBRARY Debug Error! Program: C:\Progra~1\Micros~3\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination (Press Retry to debug the application) Your options are abort, retry & Ignore....I have tried all three options, but the error still returns every time I exit outlook. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Shaz ...

Send Pictures With Messages Unchecking Itself
A friend of mine is running XP Home on a Dell computer that is about 1 yr old, all she does is surf the web and send emails, no one else uses this computer. About 2 weeks ago all of her forwarded pictures were being received with a blank box and the red X. (not attachments just pictures with text below them) I went to see what the problem was and somehow "send pictures with messages" wasn't checked. (under tools>options>send>HTML settings) I checked the box and tested it, everything was fine. By the time I got home (15 minutes) she had forwarded me a couple of email...

SMTP Monitor
We're running SBS2003, and relaying email from several remote Java applications through our own Exchange server (SBS). I need to measure the resource strain of this, and assume I want to monitor SMTP. What's the best way to capture that info? Resource strain in terms of... ? - cpu - memory - drive i/o - volume of particular smtp traffic from/to server or recipient Perfmon and smtp logs will do it. Having a baseline will help. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Runner" <pwright@searchsoft.net> wrote in message news:uIuvetuvFHA.2212@TK2MS...

How to open tasks in outlook, as I am getting error message?
I am trying to go to tasks folder in outlook. I am getting an error message. Can anyone suggest how to solve this problem and open tasks folder? Version of Outlook? Error message? Are you working with a pst-file? Run scanpst.exe against it and see if it comes up with anything. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "devineni" <devineni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC80939F-37A2-423F-85E3-07473A945D87@microsoft.com... &...

Orientation of monitor picture?
At home I'm running Windows XP Media Center with a 22" LCD from AOC and a Radeon HD 3850 or something. The cheapy HD card. Is there a way to change the orientation of things so things display vertical rather than horizontal or is that dependant on my video card or monitor to have that capability? I'm playing some pinball games that would look sweet if I could temporarily turn the monitor sideways. I looked and it should support vertical scaling, maybe I just don't know how to do it. Maybe there's some other software besides just the driver I need,...

why use Monitor.Enter...Monitor.Exit insted of lock(object9
Hi! If I want to lock a section in the code from concurrency item problems I can use the static Monitor class in this way Monitor:Enter .... Monitor.Exit I can also use the C# lock keyword to lock the same section. So I don't see any point at all to use the Monitor.Enter... Monitor.Exit instead of the lock keword just to lock a section in the code because of two reasons. 1. It much less to write lock then the other 2. The most importand it that you get the try..finally for free which mean that you will always free the lock in case of running into same kind of excepti...

Outlook 2003: Follow Up menu is always disabled! cannot flag messages.
Hi, I have a strange problem but first of all this is my setting: I have a PC :O running Windows XP Professional SP1. I am using Office 2003 SP1. My default mail client is Outlook 2003 (and not Outlook Express!). With it I have my Hotmail accounts (HTTP service) which I read with OL2003. My Inbox is in Table View. Now the problem.... at least some months ago (at least before Office SP1 was applied) I was able to flag messages for follow up. I still have some of those messages with a red flag in the For Follow Up favorites. Unfortunately now it is totally impossible to flag messages for fo...

Message tracking corrupt
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3248325474_139557 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi all, I apologize for repost but no has responded to my post so I�ve shortened the subject line. I thought Microsoft Technet was supposed to be monitoring these groups? Anyway.... I�m running Exchange 2003 service pack1. I�m unsure what�s going on but it appears the message history in the message tracking tool in ESM is messed up. If I a...

Launch error message
Why am I getting 4 different error messages when I launch Outlook 2002 that tell me a WORD folder is not accessible- the folder was moved or removed. How can I get rid of the error? ...

monitor queue
Is there a way to have the exchange server send a message to the administrator when the outbound queue gets to a certain limit? Or is there a 3rd party utility that will do that? TIA ...

Change SMTP Server name in Message-ID
Dear all, I just have migrated Exchange Server 2003 from Exchange Server 5.5 for customer. Then customer ask me to change Exchange Server SMTP name (because cannot change NETBIOS name without re-installed.) So, I change through Exchange System Manager > SMTP Virtual Server > Delivery Tab > Advance > FQDN name from "thoresex1.thoresen.com" to "mail.thoresen.com" It seem OK except "message-ID" still appear like; "Message-ID: <2130B2528CD4B4408AEF7B50583E58800F8560@thoresex1.thoresen ...com>" Please see all message headers below:...

Error message #21
I'm getting the following error message and don't know how to resolve it. Would it be helpful to review the error log? If so, where is this thing? Please help. EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. I think that there's only two people in the world who can decipher this log file. One is retired from MS and the other lives on a mountain in the Himalayas. IIRC, these are named drwatson.log. You could search your harddrive for them (windows start button|find (or Search). Or just searc...

Exchange 2000 w/Outlook
Our users have been noticing delays in receiving email messages. The time of the delay is not consistent. It may be 40 min. to 3-5 hrs. It also doesn't seem to consistent on the users neither. I could send and receive a message from one internal user with no problem, but yet another user (in my same department) I would try to send or receive messages and it would be delayed significantly (compared to how it has worked in the past and how it should work). The delays are occurring from both internal and external sending sources, but again it is not consisntent. We started notici...

ability to view hotmail messages through outlook suddenly stopped
I have two email accounts, one that I access through my ISP and the other at Hotmail. Both email accounts have been set to open in Outlook (Outlook 2000 on Win XP OS). Until four days ago, I never had a problem viewing or responding to hotmail messages. Then suddenly, I could view the sender and subject of a message on the hotmail account viewed and formatted to work in Outlook, and I could delete an unread message, but I cannot open or view contents of any message received. Now I have to login to my hotmail account separately and view messages in a browser format, and it is driving me crazy....

Printing outlook message
Without opening the message in Outlook .I would like to print the message on a printer other than the default printer yet the box to select the printer is greyed out.I do not want to print in table format, I want to print in memo format. ...

Messages
We have a problem here, one of our user recevies his e- mails in his contact folders instead of his Inbox. How to solve this problem? is he using rules to move messages? look at tools, rules wizard. if not, try opening outlook using the /resetfolder switch. at the start menu, run command, type: outlook.exe /resetfolders -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgro...

Warnig message on saving files, not a shared file.
When saving various files, intermittently, I receive the following message, these are not shared files I am working with: "The file xxxxxxxx.xls may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" With button options "Save a copy" or "Overwrite changes." I know no one else is working on the worksheet, can any one tell me why this happens and what I can do to stop it? Rob Have a look at this KB Artricle "The file may have been changed..." error when you save workbook to network server in Excel...

Email monitoring and ethics
Setting ethics aside for a second... A business owner client of ours needs to "monitor" email for one of his employees.. They use Exchange 2003, and Outlook 2003. What is the best way to set this up so that the employee cannot tell his mail is being monitored? By "monitoring" I mean... The president wants to see ALL email to/from this individual. Thanks, Troy Message journalling.... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=843105 "Troy Bruder" <troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> wrote in message news:uOcslx0xEHA.3164@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl......

Outlook XP sends message on startup
I'm using Outlook XP, along with NAV 2003 with updated signatures. I have incoming and outgoing mail scanned by NAV. Lately when I first start Outlook the NAV mail scanner pops up and says it's scanning one outbound message, but my outbox is empty. NAV does not report a virus. Ad-Aware and Spybot do not report any spyware. Can anyone explain this? The only other unusual thing I've noticed is that I frequently recieve an email with no subject, no address and no content. My spam filters let it through every time. Thanks. mb ...

"serious error when opening" message
I've just recently been upgraded from Proj 2003 to 07, and set my options to re-open the last project file at startup. Every time I start up project, regardless of wht proj file is being opened, I get the message "The dosument...caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it?" A "yes" successfully opens the file, which appears to be totally intact from its previous state. Does any one know what causes this "nuisance-type" message to appear, and is there any way to eliminate it? Thanks in advance. ...

Moving deleted messages to Trash
Hi there! I am new to this newsgroup. So, pardon me if this question has already been asked a billion times. I did a search and couldn't find any, but I may have missed them. I am using Outlook 2000 (not Express). I am using IMAP for my e-mail, not POP3. When I delete messages from my Inbox, all Outlook does is mark it for deletion. How do I move them automatically to Trash rather than have to Delete and them do a Move? If I do a Purge, it deletes the messages permanently, which I don't want. I use Outlook Express at home and that one does delete and move the message to Tras...