Modifying the Storage Limit Warning message

In Exchange 5.5 it was possible, using rltools, to modify the warning message for Storage Limits. It meant modifying the MDBSZ.DLL file. In this way you could put more meaningful text in the message, or even a link to a web page outling hints to clean up your mailbox

Is it possible to modify the Storage Limit Warning message in Exchange Server 2003
0
anonymous (74722)

"=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> In Exchange 5.5 it was possible, using rltools, to modify the warning
> message for Storage Limits. It meant modifying the MDBSZ.DLL file. In
> this way you could put more meaningful text in the message, or even a
> link to a web page outling hints to clean up your mailbox.
>
> Is it possible to modify the Storage Limit Warning message in Exchange
> Server 2003

With some cash in hand I would think MS consulting would help out ;)

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Is it still a hush hush procedure or will it be possible for admins to modify the text without MS wanting payment each time?
0
anonymous (74722)
1/7/2004 3:01:21 AM
You can modify the text without Microsofts help, but then your Exchange
install would be unsupported, and you would also have to make the change
manually everytime you apply a service pack to Exchange, so the bottom line
for most administrators is its just not worth it.

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Umm ... I was expecting a "yes" considering the improvements in 2003 not a
"show me the money".

> Is it still a hush hush procedure or will it be possible for admins to
modify the text without MS wanting payment each time?

0
Mark

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

displaying unread messages
I move some messages to their own folders when they arrive. How do display unread messages in sub-folders without opening the main folder? You can't in current versions of Outlook. You must open the main folder to display the subfolders. In Outlook 2003, due out by the end of the year, there is a view of Unread Messages for all folders that may suit what you are looking for. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Barry Dyer <barryldyer@earthlink.net> asked | I move some messages to their o...

add a signature/copyright message to all outgoing e-mails from everyone
how I can add a signature/copyright message to all outgoing e-mails from everyone.? it should be in Exchange server. I think there are some scripts you can do to have this functionality, but it is not built into Exchange unfortunately. The easiest way is if you have an antivirus / antispam filter on the network these can normally add disclaimers to the end of e-mails being sent for you. Look at something like GFI Mail Essentials. If you take an eval, at the end of the eval the disclaimer part keeps working so you won't have to pay for it! "nasser_1981@hotmail.com" <anonymou...

error message
Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows 95 used an uninitialized function pointer. How do I fix this? It used mapi32x.dll ...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

How to suppress this Outlook 2000 SP3 warning
Hi, I am using an Windows 2003 Active Directory and Exchange 2003 environment. We have a 3rd party software which will use MAPI to send email out on client PC. But everytime there's a dialog box pop up saying something like "An application is trying to send an email, do you want to allow, YES or NO button" when this 3rd party software trying to send an email. If I click YES, the email sent out successfully. Are there any way to suppress this warning message ? I know there's an option to suppress this dialog box in Outlook Express 6, but I couldn't find it in Outlook 2000...

Cut and Paste HTML into new message?
Is there a way to 'cut and paste' html code into Outlook's new message window? I want to send html messages without having to create them in the default 'Word' editor. THANKS!! -- Steve Hoffmann http://www.sphoto.com Photo Gallery & Digital Imaging Information Remove NO if replying via email See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:MPG.1...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

I cannot send messages with OUTLOOK anymore
For some reason I don't understand, I cannot send messages with OUTLOOK any more, altough I can receive them. Every time I want to send a message the Outlook screen freezes. I'm able to read the messages via www.mail2web.com. The technical support at PeoplePc spent over one hour trying to help (I had to call them twice) but in the end they couldn't, even we delreted programs and uninstall/install Outlook a couple of times. Can anyone help? "Carlos Altgelt" <caltgel1@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:008101c35927$f3db54a0$a601280a@phx.gbl > For some r...

Memory limits to MS VC++ 6.0
Is there any limit (besides the 4GB limit) to the amount of memory that can be stored in a std::vector under MS Windows XP Pro, and MS VC++ 6.0 ??? Peter Olcott wrote: > Is there any limit (besides the 4GB limit) to the amount of memory that can be > stored in a std::vector under MS Windows XP Pro, and MS VC++ 6.0 ??? The total memory available to any one program is limited to 2 GB. This is a Windows limit - the compiler is irrelevant. Of course, you can't get all 2 GB in a std::vector because you need space for code, stack, other variables, and some loss due to memory a...

Exchange 2000
I have an Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. When you try to send any email to any AOL email address, the message remains in the SMTP Queue "aol.com (remote delivery)". No other email recipients are having this problem, only the AOL accounts. Any idea on what is causing this? do you have a revers DNS record reated on the inernet for your mail server? if you dont this is probably why "Shawn Chenault" wrote: > I have an Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. When you try to send any email to > any AOL email address, the message remains in the SMTP Queue "aol.com...

Mailbox Storage Limits #2
How do you set the storage limits on mailboxes in Exchange 5.5. I need to set it to 1 GB. I think this is too much but my boss wants me to do so Well, a few things: Are you using Exchange standard, or enterprise? There's a 16GB limit for your mail store on standard. How many mailboxes do you have, and how big are they? Do the math before you make the change. You can set the store limits as default, and then make exceptions for some people as need be in their invididual mailboxes. Doug wrote: > How do you set the storage limits on mailboxes in Exchange > 5.5. I need to set...

Service: Limiting search of contacts to selected Customer
Hi, I have to first state that I'm pretty much a newbie, and your help is much appreciated. I am implementing the Case entity and I understand that Customer can be either a Account or Contact. I would like the user to select the account, and then go to another field and select the contacts from a list filtered with only the contacts related that account. How would I go about restricting the contact list to only be Contacts from that account? Thanks ...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

Rules, move message to folder
I have a few email accounts, for different purposes (work, school, private and so on), and i have created rules to move the incoming messages to a folder for the account. For example, all emails arrived to the kgafvert[at]ilopia.com email account is moved to the ilopia.com folder. This worked fine in the beginning, but now i have a need to move some emails (_from_ a specified email account) to a specific folder. For example, i get some firewall logs from an email address, and i want to move all the emails from this email address to the "Firewall" folder. I have created a rule ...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Error Message when running quick campaign
Hi I get the following error message when running the above An error occurred creating a mail merge for a Microsoft CRM marketing list. Try the action again. HR=0x80131509. Context=. Function=CMailMerge::MergeByList. Line=1453. ...

XML Data Type Limitations
I saw that in SQL Server 2005 the xml data has a limitation of 128 levels in the xml itself. I cannot find anything listed about this for SQL Server 2008. Is there a limitation in 2008 also? On Sun, 2 May 2010 11:55:08 -0700, "Derek Hart" <derekmhart@yahoo.com> wrote: >I saw that in SQL Server 2005 the xml data has a limitation of 128 levels in >the xml itself. I cannot find anything listed about this for SQL Server >2008. Is there a limitation in 2008 also? > The limitation still exists and you could easily prove it DECLARE @i int; DECLA...

Error Message Unhandled Object Exception
We have two users that receive this message upon logging in to GP v9. Also, periodically this message pops up during entering of AP transactions on average of about once per hour. They click "ok" and can continue, but obviously we need to clean this up. It just started two months after installation. They both have revised dictionaries for check printing and other users do not. Thanks for your help Bill Walvoord this could be a bug that is from the customization. I suggest contacting the developer/partner who did the customization. You mentioned about "the error came...

Missing messages for this group
I received only one message for this group between the 6th and the 10th of this month (exclusive). Am I the only one? If it is unique to me, the hopefully this is the only problem I have and if so then I will ignore it. They have been coming in pretty normally. Check your View | Current View settings and try resetting the group' While in a newsgroup: View | Current View. Make sure Show All Messages and Group Messages By Conversation are checked. Tools | Options | Read. Uncheck: Get XXX headers at a time. Then, right click on the newsgroup in the Folder Tree | Proper...

Why i keep on getting same message from mail server?
I'm using Microsoft Outlook, and have been getting message from server. However, i have been keep on getting same message whenever i re-start the p.c... is there any solulation on this matter? Hi Hide, your Outlook version is? Have a look on this sites: "Duplicate e-mail messages are downloaded from a POP3 e-mail server account in Outlook 2003" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885870/en-us "Why does my Outlook keep receiving duplicate messages?" http://www.comentum.com/outlook-issues.html Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Ex...

error message 0x800ccc0d and regsur32 mshtml.dll
Can anyone help please, when I try to send an email from outlook express I get an error message 0x800ccc0d, which states it can't find the server. I've double checked the outgoing and incoming addresses and they seem to be fine, I've looked at various aspects of the help pages and it seems I also have a problem with regsur32 mshtml.dll, "this is identified but the Dll register server could not be found and therfore cant be registerd". Also, shdocvw.dll, the problem with this is that the "lodaed library failed, specified module could not be found". to ...

Recall Message Failed
Hi, I treid to recall a sent message but failed and I keep receiving the recall failed notification. How do I stop this? Thanks MWGP ...