Modifying error message

Is it possible to modify the error message that Exchange (2003) return when
you send an email to a recipient that does not exist?

If so, where? I looked in ESM but did not find anything.

Simon

0
simon1602 (32)

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:22:29 GMT, "Simon" <simon@castortech.com>
wrote:

>Is it possible to modify the error message that Exchange (2003) return when
>you send an email to a recipient that does not exist?
>
>If so, where? I looked in ESM but did not find anything.
>
>Simon

Not easy at all.
I've done the Google you needed to do. Miost people working on GMT/BST
etc have trouble remembering the Z in customise.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-40,GGLJ:en-GB&q=customize+NDR

See Daniel (Petri's) site on your quest.
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/12/2006 5:42:30 PM
Thanks for the info.

You're right, it does not look easy.

Simon

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:22:29 GMT, "Simon" <simon@castortech.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to modify the error message that Exchange (2003) return
>>when
>>you send an email to a recipient that does not exist?
>>
>>If so, where? I looked in ESM but did not find anything.
>>
>>Simon
>>
> Not easy at all.
> I've done the Google you needed to do. Miost people working on GMT/BST
> etc have trouble remembering the Z in customise.
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-40,GGLJ:en-GB&q=customize+NDR
>
> See Daniel (Petri's) site on your quest.

0
simon1602 (32)
10/12/2006 6:20:47 PM
If you wait until Exchange 2007, it becomes MUCH easier :-)

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange Support Engineer

"Simon" <simon@castortech.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info.
>
> You're right, it does not look easy.
>
> Simon
>

> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:22:29 GMT, "Simon" <simon@castortech.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Is it possible to modify the error message that Exchange (2003) return
>>>when
>>>you send an email to a recipient that does not exist?
>>>
>>>If so, where? I looked in ESM but did not find anything.
>>>
>>>Simon
>>>
>> Not easy at all.
>> I've done the Google you needed to do. Miost people working on GMT/BST
>> etc have trouble remembering the Z in customise.
>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-40,GGLJ:en-GB&q=customize+NDR
>>
>> See Daniel (Petri's) site on your quest.

0
Ben
10/12/2006 6:54:22 PM
Except that Exchange 2007 is only run on 64 bits, correct?

"Ben Winzenz [MSFT]" <benwinz@nospamdotmicrosoftdotcom> wrote in message
> If you wait until Exchange 2007, it becomes MUCH easier :-)
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange Support Engineer
> Microsoft
>
> "Simon" <simon@castortech.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the info.
>>
>> You're right, it does not look easy.
>>
>> Simon
>>

>> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message

>>> Not easy at all.
>>> I've done the Google you needed to do. Miost people working on GMT/BST
>>> etc have trouble remembering the Z in customise.
>>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-40,GGLJ:en-GB&q=customize+NDR
>>>
>>> See Daniel (Petri's) site on your quest.

0
simon1602 (32)
10/12/2006 7:15:28 PM
correct...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

> Except that Exchange 2007 is only run on 64 bits, correct?
>
> "Ben Winzenz [MSFT]" <benwinz@nospamdotmicrosoftdotcom> wrote in message
>> If you wait until Exchange 2007, it becomes MUCH easier :-)
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange Support Engineer
>> Microsoft
>>
>> "Simon" <simon@castortech.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for the info.
>>>
>>> You're right, it does not look easy.
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>

>>> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
sconkey (3059)
10/12/2006 7:45:21 PM
Only 64-bit in production, correct.  How old is your current server?  Are
you sure that it isn't 64-bit capable?  Many servers that are less than 2
years old are capable of running a 64-bit OS.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange Support Engineer
Microsoft

"Simon" <simon@castortech.com> wrote in message
> Except that Exchange 2007 is only run on 64 bits, correct?
>
> "Ben Winzenz [MSFT]" <benwinz@nospamdotmicrosoftdotcom> wrote in message
>> If you wait until Exchange 2007, it becomes MUCH easier :-)
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange Support Engineer
>> Microsoft
>>
>> "Simon" <simon@castortech.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for the info.
>>>
>>> You're right, it does not look easy.
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>

>>> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
Ben
10/12/2006 8:24:45 PM
It is a bit older than that, I'm afraid. Intel Xeon 2.2 GHz.

We will eventually upgrade it but for now it does the job quite well.

> Only 64-bit in production, correct.  How old is your current server?  Are
> you sure that it isn't 64-bit capable?  Many servers that are less than 2
> years old are capable of running a 64-bit OS.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange Support Engineer
> Microsoft
>
> "Simon" <simon@castortech.com> wrote in message
>> Except that Exchange 2007 is only run on 64 bits, correct?
>>
>> "Ben Winzenz [MSFT]" <benwinz@nospamdotmicrosoftdotcom> wrote in message
>>> If you wait until Exchange 2007, it becomes MUCH easier :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ben Winzenz
>>> Exchange Support Engineer
>>> Microsoft
>>>
>>> "Simon" <simon@castortech.com> wrote in message

0
simon1602 (32)

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1.
Hi, I'm having a problem that's driving me nuts. Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1. I'm having a listing of Associates (employees) in a continuous form from which I can select an item in a combo box. When this item is selected, a form pops up. On this form (frmTransferAssociate), there's a cancel button that the user can click to cancel the operation and it removes what was entered in the first form's combo box, thus cancelling that it was ever selected. I've created the following code to access the underlying recordset (a query bas...

I cannot send messages with OUTLOOK anymore
For some reason I don't understand, I cannot send messages with OUTLOOK any more, altough I can receive them. Every time I want to send a message the Outlook screen freezes. I'm able to read the messages via www.mail2web.com. The technical support at PeoplePc spent over one hour trying to help (I had to call them twice) but in the end they couldn't, even we delreted programs and uninstall/install Outlook a couple of times. Can anyone help? "Carlos Altgelt" <caltgel1@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:008101c35927$f3db54a0$a601280a@phx.gbl > For some r...

linked spreadsheet errors
When some Excel users open certain shared files on a network file share, they get this error message when promted to update the Links: "Unable to open https://Xmail.COMPANY.com/DocumentsandSettings/USERNAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK659\FILE.xls. The Internet site reports that the item you requested could not be found. (HTTP/1.1.404)" The links do not actually point to the listed temp folder, and ultimately they are open and use the file after the error is shown. I'm not sure why the file might attempt to update the links from a temp internet folder, or why ...

What message can be get, when a a usb drive is going to removed?
I have a question, that is how to get message when a usb drive is going to removed. When a usb drive is going to removed, the wnd can not get WM_DEVICECHANGE message. You need to register for the device class to get such messages. joe On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:48:53 +0800, "tanyuheng" <tanyuheng@etang.com> wrote: >I have a question, that is how to get message when a usb drive is >going to removed. >When a usb drive is going to removed, the wnd can not get WM_DEVICECHANGE >message. > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.floun...

excel 2003 error>> compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook
Hi, I created this worksheet in Office XP. Now I have a new compute with WindowsXP pro and Office 2003. This worksheet opens fine on othe machines but on mine I get "compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook" When I look at it in VBA and run it , it will stop on this line. Else response = MsgBox("This is my message to the user.", _ vbOKCancel) If response = vbOK Then What is different in Office 2003 to make it have an error now -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Clayton, > Hi, I created this worksheet in Office XP. Now I have a new computer ...

Error / Uncertainty in Excel
I'm a physics student trying to use excel for my experimental data. After inputting my values and their uncertainties (the error of the values), I plot the values to find the slope and intercept but I can't find a way to include their errors. It's possible to include error bars, but they're just for show and don't actually do anything. Is there a way for excel to calculate the error / uncertainty of a slope and intercept? Jel - The array-entered LINEST worksheet function provides standard errors of the regression coefficients. Or, for formatted output, use the Reg...

Outlook slow to load messages
Hello - I'm starting to notice some problems with Outlook XP (2002). Before this little problem started happening, Outlook would load the mailbox and the messages pretty much instantaneously. Now, it loads the folders (as I can see them) but it takes about 30 seconds to load in the messages of the inbox and the Outlook display to disappear. How come this is happening? I figure this was an Outlook issue as I use Outlook 2003 and mine works fine. Also sometimes I notice that it takes sometimes 2 minutes for an email to reach another co-worker within the company. Shouldn't t...

outlook error #40
In Outlook 2000, any time I try to send a message or opening the message in a new window I receive a C ++ Runtime Library Runtime error. I have unisntalled and reinstalled Office to no resolve. Any help would be great ...

Error with syntax using FORM.FILTER with Like and Or
This works correctly: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" FilterOn = True This doesn't work: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" Or "[Project Name] Like '*" & Forms![Master Search]!Text64 & "*'" FilterOn = True I get a Type Mismatch error when on this second section. ...

displaying unread messages
I move some messages to their own folders when they arrive. How do display unread messages in sub-folders without opening the main folder? You can't in current versions of Outlook. You must open the main folder to display the subfolders. In Outlook 2003, due out by the end of the year, there is a view of Unread Messages for all folders that may suit what you are looking for. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Barry Dyer <barryldyer@earthlink.net> asked | I move some messages to their o...

Error when synchronizing
We wanted to test the new v 3.0 client release on a laptop which is running Windows XP SP2 and SBS Office 2003. Everything runs fine until the user goes offline for the first time with the new client. It states that 9000 records need synchronizing, then never completes with the following error 'Failed move data for entity 'E-mail attachment during action saInsert, countRows=232. Contact your system administrator for assistance.' The server is running SBS CRM 3. The new client is installed on another XP SP2 machine with SBS Office 2007 and no poblems when trying to synchroni...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors
I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1. My Outlook.pst file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)." The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000. Shortly after installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity. It found and repaired errors. I ran it again a few days later, and again it found errors. In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors. Is this normal behavior? For the record, I do not abruptly power down the machine rather than allow Windows to shut down normally. Thanks in advance for your ass...

add a signature/copyright message to all outgoing e-mails from everyone
how I can add a signature/copyright message to all outgoing e-mails from everyone.? it should be in Exchange server. I think there are some scripts you can do to have this functionality, but it is not built into Exchange unfortunately. The easiest way is if you have an antivirus / antispam filter on the network these can normally add disclaimers to the end of e-mails being sent for you. Look at something like GFI Mail Essentials. If you take an eval, at the end of the eval the disclaimer part keeps working so you won't have to pay for it! "nasser_1981@hotmail.com" <anonymou...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

error message
Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows 95 used an uninitialized function pointer. How do I fix this? It used mapi32x.dll ...

Quick Campaign
I am trialling using quick campaigns to set up an outbound calling campaign. I select a group of customers and click on 'Quick Campaign' then 'Selected Customers' and get the following onload error twice: - 'document.all._MBSaveAsCompleted.children' is null or not an object then - 'crmForm.all.tab2Tab.style' is null or not an object. These seem to be errors with the onload event of the quick campaign form, but this is not customisable. Maybe it pre-loads the Customer form?! The when I go through the wizard, rather than it create my calls, I get the followi...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Combo error
I receive a run-time error 2147352567 (80020009) when I up date the form and then using the combo155 to go to advance to another record. The error in SQL always highlights the LastModified = date in the beforeUpdate. Please show me the error I have created. Thank you Private Sub Combo155_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[SSI] = '" & Me![Combo155] & "'" If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End Sub Private Sub Form_BeforeU...

Run time error when opening up Outlook for the first time after logging into computer #2
I am running outlook XP or 2002 and I have noticed that recently when opening up outlook for the first time after logging into my computer which is running XP pro, that outlook gets an runtime error and will not allow outlook to open. After that outlook opens just fine. One of the changes that I have done is disabled Windows messenger from running at all per article 302089 from microsoft. I am not sure if this is the problem or not, I did have a problem with outlook express opening up slowly and there was a fix for that. Any ideas.. ...

Pivot source error
Is there a way to change the pivot source? When I tried to refresh a pivot, I get this: "cannot open pivot table source file" and the file name. Is there a way to point the pivot to a source file on a different path? TIA! Darin Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Wizard Click the Back button In Step 2, change the source Range Click Finish darinh2005@gmail.com wrote: > Is there a way to change the pivot source? > > When I tried to refresh a pivot, I get this: "cannot open pivot table > source file" and the file name. > >...

error code 939523078
My exchange server has crashed and i am unable to restore (PANIC) what do error codes 939523078 and 3355444218 denote and how do i go about solving this problem ? John, The errors appear to be coming from the backup program. If I am correct you will need to talk to your backup program vendor to help troubleshoot these errors. From the disaster recovery aspect there are many different disaster recovery options for you even if you do not have a restored database. You did not specify which version of Exchange you are using, but here are some articles to get you started: Exchange 5.5: 185...

Word Automation Build Error(on VS 2005)
Hi All, I have tried following the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q238611/ to create an automation client but I get hundreds of errors from CApplication.h when I build it: e.g. debug\excel.tlh(1219) : error C2371: 'FontPtr' : redefinition; different basic types debug\excel.tlh(1689) : error C2504: '_IMsoDispObj' : base class undefined debug\excel.tlh(2237) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'MsoRGBType' Can anyone offer any ideas? thanks ...

error in sending e-mail
This is what I receive ever since I e-mailed to the wrong account. What can I do to get rid of this? I tried to copy and paste, but I just don't have any luck. Please help. Subject 'Forklift Operator/Picker', Account: Road Runner', Server: 'smtp-server.wi.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES', Port 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0X800CCC7D The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Road Runner', Server: 'pop-server.wi.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Ye...