Modify name displayed in GAL

Hi all!

Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL?
I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in
GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx

--
R.V.

Rename User Display Problem
We are using Exchange 2003. When I rename a user due to marriage, etc. I change the user's active directory account name to reflect the change. I do see the recipent policy take affect and it changes their email address. However when in Outlook 2003 and I start typing their name it comes up with part of the old name. Example: 'Prince Albert' displays when typing in the To: field as 'Prince Albert <PAlbert>' If I rename 'Prince Albert' to 'Prince Bumble' the display when typing in the To: field displays as 'Prince Bumble <PAlbert>...

displaying unread messages
I move some messages to their own folders when they arrive. How do display unread messages in sub-folders without opening the main folder? You can't in current versions of Outlook. You must open the main folder to display the subfolders. In Outlook 2003, due out by the end of the year, there is a view of Unread Messages for all folders that may suit what you are looking for. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Barry Dyer <barryldyer@earthlink.net> asked | I move some messages to their o...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

How to display the Address Book?
When I initially installed Outlook 2002, on the left was displayed the Address Book, just under the Folder List. That was somewhat practical, you could start a message to someone by double-clicking on his name... One day I unfortunately removed it and now I cannot get it back anymore. Does someone know how to display that list, under the Folder List? Thank you! Stefano Gatto Geneva - Switzerland You're thinking of Outlook Express. No version of Outlook has ever had such a view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Stefano Gatto" <StefanoGatto@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

getting column and row names if a cell has a value
Hello, I am trying to pull data out of a large Excel spreadsheet to get a slimmed down version.. I have a large spreadsheet (100+ columns by 500+ rows, and 12 worksheets) that I'm trying to make sense of in order to import into another program. Each Column has a four-digit code for a "name", each row has a five- digit code for its "name." The majority of cells have a value of '0'. I am trying to get excel to look at the range, and if there is a value that is not zero in a cell, give me the column name in one column, the row name in the next column then the v...

Using the highest count for the field name in a query
I have a table that list a count of peoples visits along with the State City and 5 digit Zip Code. I would like to query this data so I can get a total(Sum) of peoples visits by their 5 digit zip code. This is difficult because some Zip Codes can have more than 1 town associated with that 5 digit zip code. I would like the total for all trips in that zip code but have only the city or town with the most visits listed in the city field. For instance I would like the table below City State Trips 5 Digit Zip Anytown OH 1 18555 Anytown OH 2 18555 Farmtown...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

How Do I change the User name field
Running WinXp SP2 with Office 2000 I have 100+ PCs that I need to change the Username field so that when the user gets 'File is locked' message, I know who originally opened the file. I know this can be manually done by going Tools - Options - General. But with 100+ PCs I would prefer to able to this either by Group policy or a script?? Does anyone have any ideas. ...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Printing Customer Name on Credit Card Receipts
This is another suggestion to MS to add into RMS the following feature: Pull the customer name from a credit card that is swiped and print it on the receipt. If the "dumb" terminals most processing companies rent out can do this, certainly a sophisticated program like RMS should be able to do this as well. I'm no programming genius but I'd imagine that since RMS is already filtering out the account number and exp date from the rest of the data on a cc mag stripe that pulling the name would only add a few lines of code. In a similar post someone mentioned that there wa...

Format Date Display in Access ADP
Is there a way to force a combo box to display a date pulled from a SQL Server database in a specific format? The date is being displayed as YYYY-MM-DD which is the default for SQL Server. I seem to recall that combo box's ignore the Format property. Actually, I solved my own problem. I figured out that I needed to add another column to the call back function that loads up the combo box. The new column has the date formated as YYYY-MM-DD which, given that its ColumnWidth is set to 0 causes the correct date format to be displayed. The second column, which is visible, di...

Selecting a named range, the name of the named range is in a cell
What i want to do is the following : I have a cell which i have named "ExtraRisk". This cell contains text : example "Electricity", which is also the name of a range. Now i want to select this named range "Electricity" & copy the range How do i do this. What i have so far is : Sub Risicos_toevoegen() ..... Sheets("MASTER").Select 'I'm stuck here.... Application.Goto Reference:="ExtraRisk" 'I do not want to copy the named range "ExtraRisk", but i want to copy the named range where the va...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Money 2005 : "No Data To Display" shown in Spending by Category Graph
Hello, On the home page there is a section called "Spending by Category". This normally displays a distribution of my expenses accross catagories I've entered into the transactions. But in my case all I get is a display of the dates the graphy is for plus, a message in the graph area saying " No data to display" I have the catagorys filled in on all transactions. I've checked the dates of the transactions to see that all transactions between these dates have catagories filled in. But still no graph Any Ideas Thanks ...

Naming Issue?
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2K3 in a pure Win 2K3 server environment with all XP SP2 clients and Outlook 2K3. The issue I'm seeing is that Outlook constantly gets a bubble on many of the clients saying that "Outlook is trying to connect to the Exchange server"... when I see that, I can also 'ctrl + right click' the Outlook icon in my sys tray and choose "Connection Status" and see that Outlook is trying to connect to my exchange server by short name and it's failing. after a few attempts at whatever it's trying to do, it attempts to connect v...

Change Column Name
Can anybody advice me on how to go about change the column name in the worksheet. Instead of currently the column name is A, B, C I would like to change to for example A="Date" , B ="Name", and so forth to be shown on the worksheet. Thanks. LSB, It can't be done. You can change it to "1, 2, 3, etc." as opposed to "A,B,C, etc" by selecting R1C1 reference style. Suggestion......... Use column headers in the first row. If you want, you can get rid of the row and column headings altogether (meaning that your first row/header row will be all that...

Public Folder/Folder Assistant Forwarding email w/o original sender name
I have a public folder that automatically sends any new postings to a specific user on the system. However, the folder assistant intermittently sends the posting as the folder name and not the original sender. The client is Outlook 2003 fully patched and Exchange 2003 fully patched. Any ideas? Have you tried posting this in an exchange group since PFs are a part of = Exchange, not Outlook? microsoft.public.exchange.clients is a good = place to start. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my persona...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

How do I change a variable name based on a sheet name
For example, lets say I have a string variable named strSales, I want to iterate through the sheets, so when I'm on sheet 1, it'll be strSales1, on sheet 2 it'll be strSales2, etc. Hi, Maybe this Sub nn() myvar = "strSales" For x = 1 To Worksheets.Count myvar = myvar & x 'your code myvar = "strSales" Next End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "The Avenger" wrote: > ...

After crash forms display #Name? errors
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Name Badges in Publisher?
I am trying to create custom Name tags in publisher. I want to print 8 different names on one sheet. Right now, I can only get one name per sheet on 8 tags. How do I do this. Publisher 2003 (your didn't say) help returned this: If you have a package of Avery labels with a specific product number, you can quickly open a matching label publication by using the Page Setup dialog box. 1.. On the File menu, click New to open a new publication. 2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup. 3.. Under Publication Type, select Label. 4.. Under Page Size, click the scroll arrows at the top...

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

SHEET NAMING #2
HOW DO I NAME VARIOUS SHEETS IN MY WORK BOOK WITH DATES OF A MONTH e.g. FEB 9, FEB 10 ETC IN ONE SHORT try this in Sheet1 , Range A1: A10 type FEB 9, FEB 10 and so on run this macro Sub sheet_name() For a =3D 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets(a).Name =3D Cells(a, 1).Value Next End Sub On Feb 9, 12:56=A0pm, rnks...@gmail.com wrote: > HOW DO I NAME VARIOUS SHEETS IN MY WORK BOOK WITH DATES OF A MONTH > e.g. FEB 9, FEB 10 ETC > IN ONE SHORT Double-click the sheet tab and over-type the value. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <rnkshan@gmail.com> wrote in message new...