Mistake, please help !

Hi all,

System: Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003

Here is my problem, I was changing the Permissions configuration on an
Global Address List named  "CLIENT address list" and I have created an entry
for the authenticated users group with the full control DENY permissions.

And now I can't see this "Client address list" anymore under Exchange system
manager.
Because the domain admin is also an authenticated user I can't see this GAL.

Under ADSIedit I can see the name of this Global address list but that's it,
I can't open it or delete it....

My question is how can I access this GAL, or remove it, I don't want to
leave this Ghost object in my Active directory.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

--
Julien

0
NET_JU (4)

Ok Nevermind,
The problem is solved.

Under ADSIedit I have open the properties and find a permissions tab, so I
have removed the authenticated users group and press F5

"Julien Palombo" <NET_JU@removethatYAHOO.fr> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> System: Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003
>
> Here is my problem, I was changing the Permissions configuration on an
> Global Address List named  "CLIENT address list" and I have created an
> entry for the authenticated users group with the full control DENY
> permissions.
>
> And now I can't see this "Client address list" anymore under Exchange
> system manager.
> Because the domain admin is also an authenticated user I can't see this
> GAL.
>
> Under ADSIedit I can see the name of this Global address list but that's
> it, I can't open it or delete it....
>
> My question is how can I access this GAL, or remove it, I don't want to
> leave this Ghost object in my Active directory.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Julien

0
NET_JU (4)

Need some Basic Help
I have recently had to switch from QuattroPro(Corel) t Excel(MicroSoft). All I'm looking to do is create a simple spreadshee into which myself or anyone else in the office can enter 5 or 6 piece of information. This compilation would grow as various people inpu their data. I need to create a macro that will prompt the user fo their information, moving from cell to cell as that info. is added int the spreadsheet. It was a breeze in QuattroPro. I'm finding it almos impossible with Excel. What am I doing wrong????? :confused -- shboo ----------------------------------------------------...

mail being dumped into junk mail by mistake
For years, mail from a certain address was directed to a certain folder. Now, out of the blue, that same mail is being dumped into the junk mail folder. I have re-written the rules for the mail, directing it to the correct folder, but it still arrives in my junk folder. Any ideas on how to remedy this? 1: Check your junk mail settings and make sure this address wasn't added in error. 2: You may need to move the rule. In general: Have all rules that Delete it from server first. Rules that divert mail to folders next. All others last. Make sure that every rule als...

i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN:1572315482 please any one give me the link to download this book for free thank you #2
Hi, i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN: 1572315482 please any one give me the link to download this book for free thank you Please can anyone send this book to my gmail account. My account is rameshbabupeddapalli@gmail.com. Get over this man. You already posted this. Stop this nonsense of sending books to you email account. --- Ajay <rameshbabupeddapalli@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6034dee8-df53-4506-9eb9-8ee137bf83ba@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN:...

repost: exch2003 error, please help
i have a simple installation: 2 windows 2003 servers acting as AD DC's (server01, server02). server01 is also the exchange server with exchange 2003 basic installed. everything seems to be working fine even though my event logs keep filling up with the same warning and error. the warning is: SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '199.5.0.30'. The protocol used was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible. and the error is: SMTP could not connect to any DNS server. Either none are configured, or all are down. of course dns is up and running on both dc's and everythin...

Stupid Mistake
OK - I'm the living proof that one should not finish up a CRM 3.0 for small business intall at 2am on a Saturday morning. While installing the E-mail router I misread a question and have set up a forward so all my mail arrives in my inbox and then gets forwarded and removed. How do I get rid of the forward? AHHHHHHHH Many thanks if you're using microsoft outlook then it could be that you've got an outlook rule setup. If that's true then to tools -> rules and alerts and see if you've got any rules currently active which could be doing what you've described eric...

Really basic help with a graph
Right, all I want to do is plot some points in a graph. I have 2 categories, influence and importance. the x axis is influence, the y axis is importance. Lets say I want to plot a point in a chart to show that George Bush scores 10 on each scale, whereas David Beckham scores 4 for importance and 7 for influence (let's say). How can I make excel represent these as single points in a graph in a graph?!? -- clfpele ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clfpele's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36807 View ...

VBA Help #5
Hello. I can do this with formulas, but I am getting wrapped around the syntax for the code which I use with a macro button. If D11 = "Yes" and D13 = "Same", then if the text in D14 is not equal to the text in D9, put up a messagebox that says "D14 cannot equal D9. Please fix, then try again." and stop the macro and allow the user to make D14 and D9 not equal to each other. Any help appreciated. VR/Lost Try If Range("D11").Value2 = "Yes" And Range("D13").Value2 = "Same" Then If .Range("D14")...

Need help importing Outlook Business Contact Manager Accounts to CRM 3.0
Hi, Using MS outlook 2003, I've exported my Outlook Business Contact Manager Accounts into a .CSV file. I've then gone into CRM and gone to Tools - Import and selected the CSV. I don't really understand the field mapping part of the import wizard. When I click Import it says that all the records failed to import. Can somebody please help me. Thanks Gary Check out the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d36ac8e-b485-4f0c-9dec-c9bacbad1a73&DisplayLang=en It has the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft...

Help with Inbox repair tool please
I have a problem with my outlook 2000 and have been advised to use the inbox repair tool. I have opened the inbox repair tool, and I am asked to enter the folder name or to browse and enter the location of the folder, I need to enter the delete items folder but do not know where to find it. Any help appreciated. John The Inbox Repair Tool works against Personal Folders Files (.PST files), not against individual folders within the .PST file. If you don't know where your .PST file is located, you can find it this way: In Outlook, make sure the Folder List is visible (View | Folder...

Please help with a strange happening
Also posted in microsoft.public.general Hi ! Please help with a strange happening Running Win XP Pro sp3 and all updates When I close down XP at night (or at any time), the computer closes all the programs and shuts down When I restart the computer again. It will boot OK Giving me the usual desktop with icons as well as everything in the task bar I can move the cursor around the desktop but when I double click on a icon nothing happens Also I can not get any of the icons on the taskbar to work But I have found out that if I "boot" into "safe mode&q...

need help with drop down
is there a way to create a dependent drop list form another drop down list just like in excel? and if there is any way to calculate the results that i have? "max007" <max007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:317DD379-5C79-4EFC-B5E1-F9D792E95E7F@microsoft.com... > is there a way to create a dependent drop list form another drop down list > just like in excel? > > and > > if there is any way to calculate the results that i have? An example below from The JavaScript Source To calculate something from what is selected, yo...

Help me I've made a terrible mistake
I think this is the most related community I can find, so forgive if it's not. I made a mistake. I have a form in a web site thet sends mail to an e.mail account but now I need to use the data in the form fields to make a database. Now I have 2000 messages but I don't know how to convert them al in database registers or if there is an utilityor program to do that. I know that in further cases I wnee to use a database, but the problem now is with the e-mails I get on my Live Mail folder Thanks in advance for any advise ...

Office Help
Will someone please tell me where Office Help is? I have Office Home & Student 2007 and am really a novice. Sorry to bother everyone here. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4743 (20100104) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com "David Dyke" <dld@rglobal.net> wrote in message news:hht5ts0bva@enews1.newsguy.com... > Will someone please tell me where Office Help is? > > I have Office Home & Student 2007 and am really a novice. ...

HELP #44
C�MO PUEDO CONFIGURAR MI OUTLOOK EN MI PC? Sorry I do not speack Spanish but here is a Microsoft article on how to do this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287532 KB article 287532 is the key to get it in Spanish. Notice the "en-us" in the URL, you may be able to change that to display in Spanish. "GUADALUPE DÍAZ" wrote: > CÓMO PUEDO CONFIGURAR MI OUTLOOK EN MI PC? > > > ...

Help with Import Please
I am using VC++ 6.0 and need to implement a control from another company. I have their ".DLL", a ".TLB" and a ".VBR" developed in Visual FoxPro. The example I was given works in a spreadsheet through VBA. How do I "Import" it into an MFC project? I find that the #Import directive does nothing except cause the "Imported" file to be listed as an external dependancy. I was expecting .cpp and .h files to be generated to expose the DLL functions for me. What do I need to do to use the DLL in an MFC project? I'd love to see some examples....

Modeless Dialog from dialog based application--PLZ HELP
Hi, I am a new VC++ MFC programmer. I am having a little difficulty with modeless dialogs. I created a simple dialog based application. On the main dialog I have one button. When I click the button I would like to pop up a modeless dialog box and be able to get to the main dialog still. I have found several example on modeless dialog but they come from a SDI or MDI application and those do not work in my program. void CMainDialog::OnButton() { CModalDialog aModalDlg; int aRetVal = aModalDlg.DoModal(); if(aRetVal == IDSHOWMODELESS) { CModelessDlg aModelessDialog; aModel...

Help with a custom label?
I want to replace the default format for cell d18 with a custom label of "Customers", I know i need to use the quotation marks around Customers but i am unable to get it to work. here is a sample of what i'm working on $255 $20 $21 $22 10 (2,145) (1,845) (1,545) 12 (1,905) (1,545) (1,185) 14 (1,665) (1,245) (825) 16 (1,425) (945) (465) 18 (1,185) (645) (105) I need the 255 to read customers in stead of reading $255( that cells formula is =b22) Can you help? Tammy What do you use the $255 data that comes from B22 for? Why can't you just type in Customers in that cel...

Deleting a Folder by Mistake
I deleted a subfolder under my Inbox by mistake. I then went to the delete folder, tools, recover folder, however, the box that appeared did not have any folders in it from which to choose. It should have listed my folder so I could restore it, but it did not. What can I do? I have Outlook 2000 and it is licensed through my office and on my office computer where I am now. Thanks, Susan ...

Please Help, upgrading to Office X
I am under the assumption that when you upgrade from Office 2004 to Office X you will lose all of your contacts and other stuff. Is this true? If not great, if so what do I do with all my other contacts? Thanks for the help! Um, Office 2004 is *newer* than Office X. You appear to be down-grading, not upgrading? On 7/13/05 8:34 AM, "Mr. C" wrote: > I am under the assumption that when you upgrade from Office 2004 to > Office X you will lose all of your contacts and other stuff. Is this > true? If not great, if so what do I do with all my other contacts? > > ...

Need some help
I have 2000 odd cells i need to edit from my weather station. My weather station has recorded the barometer wrong for about 3 days, and i need to change this. I am in excel, and selected the 2000 cells that need changing, cells 2-2104. How do i adjust all the readings by -9.6? Stuart Enter -9.6 in an empty cell. Copy the cell. Select the cells to change. Choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. Click OK. In article <SIqdnZSqS7nm4ZvfRVnyrg@pipex.net>, "Stuart Turrell" <stuartturrell@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I have 2000 odd cells ...

help with pre-built template
Is there somewhere to find help with pre-build Excel templates found on the Office website? ...

Please Help...
I own Excel 2000, but for some reason when I had to install it after my old computer crashed I couldn't use the "search in workbook" function. (Edit-Find-options-search through workbook). Can someone let me know how I can get this function back? I think that this feature was added in xl2002. (My bet is that you use xl2002 (or higher) at work and xl2k at home and your memory is failing <vbg>.) bintight wrote: > > I own Excel 2000, but for some reason when I had to install it after my old > computer crashed I couldn't use the "search in wo...

help with formula 02-18-10
In k24 I have =IF(DATE(K7,J7,I7)-DATE(G7,F7,E7)>=6,295,0) In k25 I have =IF(DATE(K7,J7,I7)-DATE(G7,F7,E7)>=10,295,"") in both cells this returns 295 They relate to dates and 295 return is �s If I complete a date over 2 weeks (k24 +k25) it completes ok If I just enter 1 weeks dates (k24) I am getting a #value error on this formula, which is giving a 10% discount. (I hope) In cell k26 =K24+K25*90% I did try and change some cells so maybe I have messed up. Can anyone spot mistakes. thanks Could you please rephrase, I am having trouble following this...

What functions should I use?...please assist.
I have a problem with Excel. I have a worksheet with two columns. In one column is a date when an event was due, and in the other, when it was completed. What I want to do is to easily figure out how many items were completed after they were due. What I would like to do is have Excel recognize that one date (the completed date) is after the due date, and if that were true, to generate the number 1 in a third column, in the same row for that event. After this I would simply sum the 1s in this third column to get the result. What would the function or series of functions be to recognize t...

Is there help for beginners?
I just bought this wonderful computer from Dell, and Microsoft Outlook came with it. I cannot figure out how to use it! I can get email, but I cannot send it! It stays in the Outbox forever, and when I try to send it from there, I'm told it's not possible. Aren't there any beginner tutorials I can look at? I really could use some help! Thanks! -- drexlori In news:A1E6C03C-FCA4-4125-B97A-B4515798D670@microsoft.com, drexlori <drexlori@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I just bought this wonderful computer from Dell, and Microsoft > Outlook came with it. I cannot...