Missing text in email

I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when
my users send email outside the company there messages are
missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two
sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one
starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and
that.

Any ideas of this

Michelle P.
0
anonymous (74717)

Michelle:
    I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any
type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server?  Or
anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message.

    Is the message changed by the client software (such as putting a
signature) on the message.

    You could enable message archival on your mailbox store so that you are
keeping a copy of all messages.  That is a lot of work if you have more than
a few dozen users, but at least you could look at the message and confirm
that it was not stripped of any content before you sent it.

    Also, have you upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP1?

HTH,

Jim McBee
http://www.somorita.com/webcasts

"Michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when
> my users send email outside the company there messages are
> missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two
> sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one
> starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and
> that.
>
> Any ideas of this
>
> Michelle P.

0
jim6758 (4)

4 attachments in one email gets sent in 4 messages
I attached four files to one message and they were sent as four different email messages. How do I get them to be sent in one message? Outlook 2000 ...

Print or make list of senders of email I have received
I want to print or generate a name/email-address listing of senders who have sent me mail. the received mail in a specific mail folder. Is there a way to do this? TIA You can use File-> Import and Export... for this. Export it to e.g. an Excel sheet. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "tech2go" <meHi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9o1gp0t7tihg78u6fs0v4avnorphc71tl6@4ax.com... >I want to print or generate a name/email-addres...

Scatter chart with text labels as Y axis?
I have a series of worksheets, each representing tournament scores on a particular pinball machine. Each sheet looks like this: Player Score LoTR Me 3,000,000 Her 2,000,000 You 1,000,000 Player names in column A, scores in column B, and the name of that machine in cell C1. I want to create a scatter chart like this: LoTR | * * * | AFM | * ** | ST | * * * +--------------------------------------- 0 1 2 3 ...

Updated Junk email fiters list
Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C TT=6&Origin=EC010553071033 -- marx404 "mjh404" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:u9Lwb.2287$zu1.1375423@news2.news.adelphia.net... > Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how > to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. > > http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C > TT=6&...

Missing files

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

How do you change sort defaults for combined text number & hyphen.
I'm trying to sort an array of part numbers such as (3000, 3000P, 3000-10, 3000-10P, 30000P) and would like them to appear in that order. But I see that Excel ignores hyphens, which is part of the problem. Is there anyway I can change the data sorting defaults so the part numbers appear is this order? Another part of the problem is that you want the data to be treated as a number followed by text. Excel can't do that unless you either split the data into 2 columns - number part and text part -- or you pad the numeric portion on the left with spaces to the maximum possible length ...

how many email addresses
Hello all Running Exchange 2007 sp2, how many email addresses can be stamped on a mailbox? I have a request to create a mailbox that contains 500 separate email addresses. Also is it true that depending on the amount of email this mailbox sends and or receives, could be close in comparison to 500 separate mailboxes? I'm not really concerned with rpc traffic from outlook to the mailbox, more concerend about storage growth to support this mailbox. To me 500 email addresses means that the mailbox is going to be heavily used I know of no limit. -- Ed Crowley MVP "T...

Show Desktop Alert only for certain emails in 2003
Is there any way to get access to the desktop alert window in Outlook 2003? I only want it to display for certain email - not any spam. Perhaps trapping an event or ??? I don't want to turn it off completely, but I don't want it poping up all the time either. Thanks in advance for any assistance. : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Figured it out. From M$... "If you are using message rules and a new e-mail message is moved out of the defa...

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text?
Question #1 When I select "Save as Web Page", click "Publish", check the "open published web page in browser" box, then click "Publish" again I encounter the following message: "A World Wide Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, is required to use this feature." However, I am only interested in saving as html text, nothing more than that -so maybe I should perform a different procedure? My ultimate goal is just to be able to import html text into Excel (which I already can do), modify the text in Excel and then save the updated tex...

Transparent Text Box Over Another
I am trying to place a semi-transparent text box over a document. The problem is that the text in the underlying boxes moves around the new box rather than staying fixed where they are. How can I fix this? Thanks, Cindy I'm curious - what do you mean by "semi-transparent"? Do you mean something like a watermark? -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Cindy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42f201c42b90$6cf88d90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to place a semi-transparent text box over a > document. The problem is that...

Outgoing email problem... please help.
Hi, Has anyone encountered this strange problem (intermittent) in Outlook. We sometimes get below error when sending email: "The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: The recipient has been deleted or has no e-mail address." The recipient's email addresses in question are confirmed correct and existing. We even get the same error when sending to users on the same domain. Please help. Garu This is not the system in question and sorry about the time and date.... "LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

how do i set up outlook notifiy me of emails with out opening it
i am trying to find out how to configure my outlook to run in the notification area but not have the hole program running and it tell me i have an email. It does that on my computer at work but it doesnt do that on my personal computer it only does this if i have outlook open already If you're using a POP3 server for your mail there are a number of free small POP3 checkers that will tell you that there's mail waiting to be retreived. "Donald Wyman" <Donald Wyman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9863E305-7C09-4ABA-BBF7-A105C162EB7E@microsoft.com......

Emails #17
I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) Aries wrote: > I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the > inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a > function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) You have our sympathy. Contact AOL with your question. ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Outlook 2003 not saving multiple messages as text files
This is weird: when I select several messages and Save (them) As: text files, the file in question only gets the headers, not the bodies: ex: select two messages then Save As text files: From: John Doe Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2003 09:24 To: Some (E-mail) Subject: Interesting From: Kate Bloggs Sent: Wednesday, 12 November 2003 08:31 To: Other (E-mail) Subject: See you on Monday Nothing else! Why would this very basic function change in Outlook 2003? Outlook 2002, 2000 and 97 save the messages perfectly! Outlook 2003 only saves one (full) text file per message; if I select two or more messa...

Same Text on Multiple Worksheets
I need to enter text into certain fields on a worksheet and I want that text to repeat automatically on other worksheets in the same workbook. Cell references on the other worksheets are not the same as the original worksheet. -- PB You can use formulas that point to any cell on that original worksheet. It may be a pain to set it up the first time, but once it's done, it's done. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) can go in any sheet in any cell to retrieve the value from A1 on sheet1. This is nice for titles. But if you have a key unique value in a column, you m...

sending emails to the new top domains
We're running Exchange 2000. For some reason, we can't send emails to the new top domains. The following error message comes back: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 05/13/2004 11:30 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxx.xxxxxx@sita.aero' on 05/13/2004 11:30 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <rrtechnologies.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> What do I need to change in the exchange...

Submit button to email
Hello everyone, I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. Create a report based on the current record and then use SendObject to send the e-mail. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "shwinn" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data > entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. ...

hyperlinks corrupted when emailed
I have attempted to use hyperlinks to other Excel files on speadsheets that were later distributed through a network email system. The email system used is GroupWise. The links work on the sheet until it is emailed. I have emailed this to myself and it doesn't work after making the trip so it appears not to be a path or file access issue. The files I am linking to are on a shared network drive Thanks in advance ...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

How can I highlight a part of the text?
How do you highlight a portion of the text? Place your cursor where you want the highlight to start, click, press shift, place the cursor where you want the highlight to end, click again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DBBurt" <DBBurt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCC3A73C-03B3-462B-BD1C-DD46F4892191@microsoft.com... > How do you highlight a portion of the text? ...

Missing Folders after Sync

Case Emails
I want to write an email template which will be sent information to a third party (account & contact) to notify them about the service case from within a Case activity. I find that using workflow always put the email to the client, which I really dont want to do. Using templates to drop into an email (activity) I am opening seems to only give me access to global and account templates rather than case based templates I require. I can write the template easily as a Case template, but how do I access it? Hi Jeff, To access case template from an email activity you would need to set...

Text wrapping for appointments
I am a new user to Outlook. When I print out a daily calendar page, appointments that I typed in are cut off. The text did not "wrap." My right margin is OK. Any advice? Thanks! "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D2B6A8F-8A33-455F-AB0F-5A5D279205B4@microsoft.com... >I am a new user to Outlook. When I print out a daily calendar page, > appointments that I typed in are cut off. The text did not "wrap." My > right > margin is OK. Any advice? Thanks! If you're using Outlook 2007, the Outlo...