Missing mail after VPN Outlook setup

Hi.

Last week we setup VPN to be able to read mail from home (no OWA).
After installing Outlook at home and connecting to the exchange server, and
syncronizing the data I got all mail/contacts etc on my home computers
Outlook.
BUT, when I got to work the day after, my Outlook on the work computer was
empty, no mails or nothing.

Looking in the Exchange server at the mailaccount I can se that it contains
over 1000 emails so they seem to still exist on the server.

What could this be? Is there som configuration needed?

Did you configure the home computer to deliver mail to a personal folders
(PST) file?  If so, all the mail is there.  Change that setting, then you
can drag all the messages from the Inbox in the PST to mailbox's Inbox.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Peter Svensson" <PeterSvensson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Last week we setup VPN to be able to read mail from home (no OWA).
> After installing Outlook at home and connecting to the exchange server,
> and
> syncronizing the data I got all mail/contacts etc on my home computers
> Outlook.
> BUT, when I got to work the day after, my Outlook on the work computer was
> empty, no mails or nothing.
>
> Looking in the Exchange server at the mailaccount I can se that it
> contains
> over 1000 emails so they seem to still exist on the server.
>
> What could this be? Is there som configuration needed?

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Hotmail (or Yahoo) mail to my Inbox?
I have just installed Outlook 2000 on my home computer. Can I configur it to have my Hotmail (or Yahoo) mail go to my Inbox? If so, how? TIA Davi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com "DavidR" said in news:DavidR.118se5@outlookforum.com: > I have just installed Outlook 2000 on my home computer. Can I > configure it to have my Hotmail (or Yahoo) mail go to my Inbox? If > so, how? > > TIA > David > > > -------------------------...

How do I synchronize 3 windows mails
I have Windows Mail built into my Vista, Windows Live Mail built into my program list, and Windows Live Mail accessed through the internet that somehow becomes Bell, which also has Sky Drive. Each gets part of my incoming mail, but only part of it even though they all have the same incoming mail address. When I try to link to an RSS feed my Vista windows mail opens up automatically but I can find no place there to put the link. I also cannot get any newsgroups there. I currently access newsgroups using Windows Live Mail in the programs list. I can put RSS feeds on a lis...

take name from the spreadsheet cell and get address from outlook
hi team Can some one advice wether using a as refernce to a cell which contain name of the person, can pull out the address from MS Outlook. Thanks Jithesh After you Export the Outlook Contacts to an xls file you will be successful. Jithesh wrote: > hi team > > Can some one advice wether using a as refernce to a cell which contain name > of the person, can pull out the address from MS Outlook. > > Thanks > Jithesh ...

Missing files

Outlook 2003 and GroupWise
I'm running Office 2003 including Outlook which is installed but not used as the primary e-mail client... Our company uses GroupWise v 6.5 (it smells)... but that's what we have to live with... I need to run an e-mail merge to Groupwise from MS Word, and though it seems set up properly, the "merge" just goes off into oblivion... no errors... nothing... the only thing that indicates a problem is that when you try to do a "send to mail recipient as attachment" (a document or spreadsheet you're working on) from any MS Office application, e.g., Word, Exce...

Windows Mail Drops 1st 2 letters of Reply-To Address
About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of the reply-to email address for all of my Yahoo contacts...I deleted the contacts from my list and reentered them...it still does it. I can send a new email to these people just fine...but cannot use the "reply to" feature. Any ideas? -- christinewv "christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:133071c331d4e1bf5f974795ec9ed6d5@nntp-gateway.com... > > About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of > the reply-to email address for ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

E-mail one sheet
I have a workbook of several sheets but I want the client to be able to fill out one sheet and e-mail only that sheet. How do I do that in a very simple way. Check out your other threads please -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lella" <Lella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263C8B91-A927-48A6-A7D0-13D3CF1EDE15@microsoft.com... >I have a workbook of several sheets but I want the client to be able to fill > out one sheet and e-mail only that sheet. How do I do that in a very simple > way. ...

Issues with CRM and Outlook
I have a user that has MSCRM 3.0 and Outlook 2003 and when he opens up an email and wants to reply to it, the window just hangs until you click into the window and start typing. When CRM is not installed Outlook works like it should with the reply and the cursor going directly in the body of the email. Any ideas? ...

All employee distribution group could only sent out about 300 mail
we try to send All employee mail out but it could only reach about 200-300 users and the rest will stuck in exchange 2003 local delivery until expire. We have total 750 mailboxes for the company. I have either tried to add all users individual or group them by departments in the "All employee" distribution group but still have the same problem. Please help Hello Chris, 1. What is set for "Recipient limits" in Exchange / Global Settings / Message Delivery Properties / Defaults? 2. Is the message or its attachment large and exceeding a delivery limit? "Chris ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

disappearing e-mail 09-10-10
Hi: My best friend e-mails, with whom I have been corresponding for years, are seen then disappear from my inbox of Windows Mail. I find them in my webmail, along with many others. I have uninstalled my AVG virus program and replaced it with the Microsoft antivirus program, as suggested from previous communications. What else can I do? Thank you. While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Show All Messages should be checked and nothing else. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Josette" <Josette@discussions.mi...

Outlook 2003 not saving multiple messages as text files
This is weird: when I select several messages and Save (them) As: text files, the file in question only gets the headers, not the bodies: ex: select two messages then Save As text files: From: John Doe Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2003 09:24 To: Some (E-mail) Subject: Interesting From: Kate Bloggs Sent: Wednesday, 12 November 2003 08:31 To: Other (E-mail) Subject: See you on Monday Nothing else! Why would this very basic function change in Outlook 2003? Outlook 2002, 2000 and 97 save the messages perfectly! Outlook 2003 only saves one (full) text file per message; if I select two or more messa...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Outlook 2000 Error #11
I had to re-install Windows and all programs and now when I try to send/receive mail through Outlook 2000 it gives me the message that Internet Mail is not regestered properly. Please re-install and try again. I use the Office 2000 CD and have used the repair function to re- install and finally totally un-install and re-install and I always get the same message. I am running Windows 98SE. It worked fine before I had to re-install. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for all of your help and input. Dale ...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email
Hi All, I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2, and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002. Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed? Thanks in advance, --Jim Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so = that we can try to reproduce the problem on another m...

Missing Message Text

Sending Mail from Windows Explorer Q
When you send a mail via Windows Explorer i.e send to mail recipient, how can you do that without the message on the Subject line reading "e- mailing: file that is attached" and also the message that appears within the message body? I always manually delete, but is it possible not to have these messages displayed in the first place? I'm using Outlook 2003 Sean <seanryanie@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >When you send a mail via Windows Explorer i.e send to mail recipient, >how can you do that without the message on the Subject line reading "e- >mailing: file that is a...

Making a Template for the e-mail signature on Exchange 2000 / 2003
Hi there, I was wondering if there's a way of creating a template to use the Active Directory's informations on a Default E-mail Signature. Let's say i've created a user, and fill out the description the phone number, e-mail address, etc. And I want this informations to appear on the E-mail Signature of the user automatically, and this signature will follow the default font sizes and family. Thanks, Rgs, P.S.: Sorry about the english, that's becouse i'm Brazilian... Márcio Frota. ...

E-mail as legal documents
I am currently being sued by a man who claims that e-mails I sent him constitute a legally binding contract (this is under UK law). The e-mails that the claimant is presenting have, I believe been edited after the event and/or been created totally ficticiously. Unfortunately I no longer have the laptop on which the e- mail communication between us was stored so I do not have records and am having to rely on the rules of disclosure of evidence. To date all the solicitors involved seem quite happy to accept that because the claimant has e-mails on his PC and print them out then thes...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

MS outlook my default e-mails
How can i make MS outlook my default program to access e-mails In Internet Options "Haseeb" <Haseeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EBFF800-6713-4AE4-87CB-F8D968F12DCC@microsoft.com... > How can i make MS outlook my default program to access e-mails If using XP... From the Control Panel select Add or Remove Programs, then select 'Set program access and defaults' on the left-hand side. "Haseeb" <Haseeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EBFF800-6713-4AE4-87CB-F8D968F12DCC@microsoft.com... > How can i mak...

Company field in Outlook contact
When a contact is synkronized to Outlook the Company field is left BLANK - this is a bug. It should be filled with the Company name of the contacts company off cource. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/...