Missing Free/Busy Folder #2

I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy.
When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171

There is only one Administrative Group folder.  Also the client has several
folders created under the public folder.  Will I need to reset their
published folders under public?  Also will there be any other information
that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ?

Hi Michael,

When we put in a new GUID we will destroy and recreate only the system
folders (free/busy, OAB) but will not affect the existing public folders
that clients access.

After the new system folders have been created, it'll be necessary to have
clients republish their free/busy information to the f/b folder.  Also, the
OAB will need to be rebuilt for clients to download.

Following the steps in the articles you've listed should be sufficient in
recreating the missing f/b folder.

Hope this helps!
--
Eric Tam, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

"Michael Johnson" <MichaelJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D6E0BAF6-1A54-452F-BDAC-9611FA29BD62@microsoft.com...
>I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy.
> When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171
>
> There is only one Administrative Group folder.  Also the client has
> several
> folders created under the public folder.  Will I need to reset their
> published folders under public?  Also will there be any other information
> that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ?

0
ericta (61)
3/1/2005 10:09:52 PM
Eric,

I followed the instructions.  Once I stopped and restarted all of the
services there is an error in the event log "Error 8207 MSExchangeFBPublish

Error updating public folder with Free-busy information on virtual machine
<server_name>.  The error number is 0x800401f

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael

"Eric Tam [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> When we put in a new GUID we will destroy and recreate only the system
> folders (free/busy, OAB) but will not affect the existing public folders
> that clients access.
>
> After the new system folders have been created, it'll be necessary to have
> clients republish their free/busy information to the f/b folder.  Also, the
> OAB will need to be rebuilt for clients to download.
>
> Following the steps in the articles you've listed should be sufficient in
> recreating the missing f/b folder.
>
> Hope this helps!
> --
> Eric Tam, MCSE
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only.

> "Michael Johnson" <MichaelJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D6E0BAF6-1A54-452F-BDAC-9611FA29BD62@microsoft.com...
> >I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy.
> > When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171
> >
> > There is only one Administrative Group folder.  Also the client has
> > several
> > folders created under the public folder.  Will I need to reset their
> > published folders under public?  Also will there be any other information
> > that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ?

Eric,

I can now see the Free Busy Folders and Offline Address Book.  The issue now
is that I still can not see anyones free busy information.  I have sent a
request to a couple of users, but still no success.

On one of the workstations I am receiving an error message when I close
Outlook.  That is "Can not send Free-Busy Information".

"Michael Johnson" wrote:

> Eric,
>
> I followed the instructions.  Once I stopped and restarted all of the
> services there is an error in the event log "Error 8207 MSExchangeFBPublish
>
> Error updating public folder with Free-busy information on virtual machine
> <server_name>.  The error number is 0x800401f
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael
>
> "Eric Tam [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > When we put in a new GUID we will destroy and recreate only the system
> > folders (free/busy, OAB) but will not affect the existing public folders
> > that clients access.
> >
> > After the new system folders have been created, it'll be necessary to have
> > clients republish their free/busy information to the f/b folder.  Also, the
> > OAB will need to be rebuilt for clients to download.
> >
> > Following the steps in the articles you've listed should be sufficient in
> > recreating the missing f/b folder.
> >
> > Hope this helps!
> > --
> > Eric Tam, MCSE
> > Microsoft Exchange Support
> >
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
> > purposes only.

> > "Michael Johnson" <MichaelJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:D6E0BAF6-1A54-452F-BDAC-9611FA29BD62@microsoft.com...
> > >I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy.
> > > When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles:
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171
> > >
> > > There is only one Administrative Group folder.  Also the client has
> > > several
> > > folders created under the public folder.  Will I need to reset their
> > > published folders under public?  Also will there be any other information
> > > that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ?

I read the Article ID 284200 and followed the instructions there.  It
appeared that the person who installed Exchange did not properly remove the
old exchange server.  Once the administrative group was set to the correct
server the Offline Address Book, Free/Busy, etc issues were fixed.

"Michael Johnson" wrote:

> Eric,
>
> I followed the instructions.  Once I stopped and restarted all of the
> services there is an error in the event log "Error 8207 MSExchangeFBPublish
>
> Error updating public folder with Free-busy information on virtual machine
> <server_name>.  The error number is 0x800401f
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael
>
> "Eric Tam [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > When we put in a new GUID we will destroy and recreate only the system
> > folders (free/busy, OAB) but will not affect the existing public folders
> > that clients access.
> >
> > After the new system folders have been created, it'll be necessary to have
> > clients republish their free/busy information to the f/b folder.  Also, the
> > OAB will need to be rebuilt for clients to download.
> >
> > Following the steps in the articles you've listed should be sufficient in
> > recreating the missing f/b folder.
> >
> > Hope this helps!
> > --
> > Eric Tam, MCSE
> > Microsoft Exchange Support
> >
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
> > purposes only.

> > "Michael Johnson" <MichaelJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:D6E0BAF6-1A54-452F-BDAC-9611FA29BD62@microsoft.com...
> > >I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy.
> > > When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles:
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171
> > >
> > > There is only one Administrative Group folder.  Also the client has
> > > several
> > > folders created under the public folder.  Will I need to reset their
> > > published folders under public?  Also will there be any other information
> > > that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ?

0
Johnson (47)

Mailbox Permissions Reset #2
Hi, I need to be able to reset all mailboxes within my exchange to default permissions including all mailbox sub folders like inbox, calender etc I'm aware of a tool called DAVAdmin from microsoft where you can go in and change the permission on mailboxes manually, but doing this o 100 mailboxes would take hours. Anyone know how you can reset mailbox permissions (which include inbox, calendar etc) back to default permissions? One exchange server running 2003 SP1 and MS Server 2003 Most clients Outlook 2003, other Outlook XP. Thks On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 05:28:03 -0800, "Alan Byrne...

I cant see pictures inserted into word/publisher #2
On reopening saved files I can't see pictures inserted into Word or Publisher. ...

Missing files

Solutions for Franchise business
Dear everybody. I'm IT Integrator for POS systems. My customer make a restaurant(ice cream, coffe, yogert...) franchise business. It is a one HQ and lot of individual stores. So they want automatic collect for each store's POS transaction to the HQ's server and manage inventory, automatic order from each store. In this case, what POS software and how many need? Hi jay, Will Mobile solution work?. Having a Mobile PDa device to collect for each stores & upload back to HQ Via Internet. We have developed a prototype for Mobile POS ordering system, Please drop a email to le...

Some has Moved the Inbox Folder
I have a user that somehow moved the Inbox folder to the Deleted Items folder. I have tried moving the folder back but eact time I try I get the notification that default folders cannot be moved or deleted. I tried using the command line switches to rebuild the folders but still no luck. Anyone know how to move the Inbox from one folder to another? I think its possible to move Outlook System Folders in OWA (in EX2K) and that may be exactly what your users did. Try move the inbox back using OWA and if that doesnt work, start outlook from run with the switch /ResetFolders Jamelia "RSN1...

Money 2005 Small Business
Hello, I am using Money 2005 Small Business. How do I add my company information on my customer invoices? I am able to add the company logo. Thx for your help. John On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:59:02 -0800, John Khan <John Khan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am using Money 2005 Small Business. How do I add my company information on >my customer invoices? I am able to add the company logo. > >Thx for your help. > >John Hi John, I am able to go to the Tools menu, select Settings, and then select 'Business Information' from the list. It a...

Windows Mail Drops 1st 2 letters of Reply-To Address
About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of the reply-to email address for all of my Yahoo contacts...I deleted the contacts from my list and reentered them...it still does it. I can send a new email to these people just fine...but cannot use the "reply to" feature. Any ideas? -- christinewv "christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:133071c331d4e1bf5f974795ec9ed6d5@nntp-gateway.com... > > About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of > the reply-to email address for ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

2000 to 2003 Exchange Migration and Public Folders
We began a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 on Friday. Began by setting up Replication of the Public Folders to the new Exchange Server using Microsoft Article 307917 "How to remove the first Exchange 2000 server computer from the site". The article says to wait for the replication to complete and make sure they are synchronized and then remove the source server from the Replication tab. While waiting for this to complete we Rehomed the Offline Address Book. I found the folder begining with /o=Organization Name and added the replica to the new server. I now...

Windows Vista launch- Free wallapers at www.i-search.co.in
Microsoft is ready to release, on January 30, the retail version of its operating system called Windows Vista. It has taken more than five years, about $6 billion and over 5,000 developers around the world. Vista is a major overhaul of Windows operating system (OS) and offers new elements like an aero glass (hardware based graphical user interface), more search options, new sound and networking technologies and enhanced security. To run Vista buyers will need a PC with at least 800 Mhz chip speed, at least 20 GB free disc space, 512 MB for the system and a reasonably powerful graphics c...

Money 06 Sm. Business
Greetings all, I have MS Money 2006 Sm Business edition and I use it t track mileage for my business trips. I have not yet been able t figure out how to export the trip/mileage data that I've entered. Doe anyone know how to do it? I've been able to print up the standard "trip report", but it doesn' spin the data the way I want it so I'm looking to get the data out so can spin it different ways for analysis. Any ideas? Thanks very much for your help. --Natha -- ntsakiri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ntsakiris's Profi...

Missing Folders after Sync

2005 small business does not meet my needs
A couple things I need direction on. I will appreciate any help. I am a small business owner and my corporation handles multiple business underneath my main company's umbrella. I am able to create multiple account receivable accounts BUT I am not able to creat seperate invoices for each. The invoices always defaults to the first original account name I first crested. It puts the name on top of the invoice. This is a problem because I have multiple business names. I also can not get the invoce designer to save new templates. I tried altering the proerties of the file that mentioned ...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Waiting to update folder
Using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. I am getting synchronizing errors on new folders that I create. I am using cache exchange mode. I tried deleting my .ost file and allowing it rebuilt. As soon as I create a new folder, and send/recieve I get the error below. I've tested between two different computers with AND two different account. In conclusion, on one account, creating new folders get synchronized. Good. The problem account says, shows "Waiting to update folder" for new folders created under Inbox. Other folders in other areas eventually update. So the problem mu...

Missing Message Text

online update #2
I have two credit cards from Chase with different logins. How can I get MS Money to see both of them. In microsoft.public.money, zbigguy wrote: >I have two credit cards from Chase with different logins. How can I get MS >Money to see both of them. What program are you using? In microsoft.public.money, zbigguy wrote: >I have two credit cards from Chase with different logins. How can I get MS >Money to see both of them. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814143/en-us zbigguy: I also have two CC accounts at Chase. Visa Cash Rewards and Visa Hess. I had the Cash Rewards c...

Free Excel plug in for 3D scatter charts (X, Y, and Z)?
Does anyone know of a free plug in for Excel that creates 3D scatter plots Thanks! It isn't a ready to use plug in, but Andy Pope shows how to simulate a 3D scatter chart in the free sample on his web site: http://andypope.info - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ 3ddd wrote: > Does anyone know of a free plug in for Excel that creates 3D scatter plots? > > Thanks! ...

Problem importing Personal folders back in to Outlook
I exported the Personal folders to back them up and then I had to delete the settings from Documents and Settings. When I logged back and needed to import the Personal Folders it just creates Personal folders with Delete items folder with nothing in it. I tried to open the exported backed up Personal Folders with Microsoft Word or Wordpad and it shows me text I can't read. I need to open these e-mail so that I can at least print those and keep. Help! You can't open a .PST file from any other program besides Outlook. Hopefully you have not corrupted (or further corrupted) th...

Track In CRM #2
When I track an email in outlook or send an email direct from CRM it gets a tracking token. but when anyone replies to the email it is not getting tracked in CRM? can anyone help? p.s. If one of my guys who has CRM for outlook installed and they reply the email does get tracked! Thanks in advance Ian On Nov 13, 3:14=A0am, "Ian Watson" <rang...@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I track an email in outlook or send an email direct from CRM it gets= a > tracking token. but when anyone replies to the email it is not getting > tracked in CRM? can anyone help? > > p....

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Free mail servers
I wondered if anyone has any experience with free mail servers, as an alternative to using Exchange. A Google search revealed hmailserver (www.hmailserver.com) which looks interesting, but comments from users would be very valuable. It would be for Outlook 2000/2003 clients. Thanks in advance... Jay wrote: > I wondered if anyone has any experience with free mail servers, as an alternative to using Exchange. > A Google search revealed hmailserver (www.hmailserver.com) which looks interesting, but comments > from users would be very valuable. It would be for Outlook 2000/2003 c...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...