missing attachment in outbound emails (sometimes)

Hi all, I did a search in this forum regarding my problem but it seems that
there has never been a satifying anwer.

We have SBS Pre 2003 with 15 user license. Recently, we started to have
problems with the PDF attachment from Quickbooks (accounting software) in
email to suppliers. Some of them complain that there is no attachment in the
email. Some of them have no problem getting the attachment. Some are from the
same company. The emails are generated by Quickbooks and sent in Plain Text
format. We have Outlook 2003.

My question is: has it to do with AV or Exchange filtering? If so, how can I
check AV/Exchange settings? If not, what other causes could it be?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Toto

Print or make list of senders of email I have received
I want to print or generate a name/email-address listing of senders who have sent me mail. the received mail in a specific mail folder. Is there a way to do this? TIA You can use File-> Import and Export... for this. Export it to e.g. an Excel sheet. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "tech2go" <meHi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9o1gp0t7tihg78u6fs0v4avnorphc71tl6@4ax.com... >I want to print or generate a name/email-addres...

4 attachments in one email gets sent in 4 messages
I attached four files to one message and they were sent as four different email messages. How do I get them to be sent in one message? Outlook 2000 ...

Updated Junk email fiters list
Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C TT=6&Origin=EC010553071033 -- marx404 "mjh404" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:u9Lwb.2287$zu1.1375423@news2.news.adelphia.net... > Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how > to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. > > http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C > TT=6&...

Duplicate Attachments #3
We have come across a problem whereby I have sent an email with several attachments, one being a word doc and another being a ..publisher doc. Having sent the email the recipients have reported that he word doc has duplicated itself. Even in my sent items the emails shows the word doc having duplicated even though I attached it the once. Other colleagues have reported the same problem whereby attachments are duplicated on an email. We are working in outlook 2002 and have just upgraded to Exchange 2000. Has anyone seen this problem before. Many Thanks Lisa ...

Missing files

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

remove attachements from received messages
Is there an easy way to have attachments removed from received messages? I would like to be able to remove some attachments but save the messages. -- Thanks, Bob As a follow-up, is there any way to delete attachments from a whole list of messages at the same time (i.e. in one stroke)? "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ObMICM0xHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to have attachments removed from received messages? > I would like to be able to remove some attachments but save the messages. > -- > Thanks, > Bob > ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Emails #17
I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) Aries wrote: > I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the > inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a > function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) You have our sympathy. Contact AOL with your question. ...

Missing Folders after Sync

Case Emails
I want to write an email template which will be sent information to a third party (account & contact) to notify them about the service case from within a Case activity. I find that using workflow always put the email to the client, which I really dont want to do. Using templates to drop into an email (activity) I am opening seems to only give me access to global and account templates rather than case based templates I require. I can write the template easily as a Case template, but how do I access it? Hi Jeff, To access case template from an email activity you would need to set...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

hyperlinks corrupted when emailed
I have attempted to use hyperlinks to other Excel files on speadsheets that were later distributed through a network email system. The email system used is GroupWise. The links work on the sheet until it is emailed. I have emailed this to myself and it doesn't work after making the trip so it appears not to be a path or file access issue. The files I am linking to are on a shared network drive Thanks in advance ...

Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email
Hi All, I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2, and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002. Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed? Thanks in advance, --Jim Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so = that we can try to reproduce the problem on another m...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Email pdf invoice?
Is it possible to email a pdf of an invoice directly from GP10? If you know how, can you tell me how to do it? thanks Ian Ian, You must have a pdf writer setup on your local machine and Outlook must be running as your default email program. Then, to email an invoice, print the invoice to screen, click the 'Send To' button at the top of the Screen Output window, select 'Mail Recipient (PDF)'. Outlook will open, enter the email address to send it to and hit 'Send'. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com To expand a bit...if...

How do I send emails showing my email address but hiding my name ?
I know it can be done cause I had it set up that way when I first opened my email account several years ago. A friend didn't believe it was me emailing him so I set it to show my name. Now it has been so long I forgot how to set it back. Can anyone help me with this please & thank you! Remove your name in the Mail Setup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Baffled Chic-a-dee" <Baffled Chic-a-dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:455AD3E0-8...

Missing Message Text

Outlook automation, send email with attachments
I've written a function (executable through a command bar menu item) that uses outlook automation to send selected files to an email recipient. Every thing is working great, but I would like to see the mailItem, similar to SendObjects, so that I can type the specific message and use the To button to select the destination of my email. Is there a way to make the mailItem visible for manual editing, once I have added the attachments, other than writing my own form? I've searched a variety of websites and get the basic automation code, but nothing that actually exposes the mai...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

one corrupt email
Hello all We use Exchange 2k3 standard on win2k3 standard. I have a small inconvenience when I backup. We use Veritas backup exec 10.5 with the exchange option. The backup officialy fails everynight, because of one email. WARNING: "\\<exch server>\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\<John Doe> [John]Top of Information StoreInbox <followed by loads of unreadable ASCII chars> Outlook Message Manager (Outlook) (KEY: AE559D45713BB54A89F083344511FCA0)" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify. Now as far as the backup goes. I know my backup is OK. I can even turn t...

Attaching Pictures in Outlook Express 6
Since installing Works 2007 I can not send picture attachments in my Outlook Express 6. When I attempt to send a picture it is sent in 6 to 8 sections which arrive as a encoded message. Text files send okay. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGro...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

Deletion of a users email
Hi, I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue, detailing how I was looking for work elsewhere. I have system admin access but cannot get into my boss' email to delete this message. help anyone? This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Anne Nonnymouse" <insert@email.here> wrote in message news:c102mq$fnm$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Hi, > > I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue, detailing > how I was loo...