Migration Wizard 5.5 to 2003 Enterprise

I am about to migrate users from Exchange 5.5 to 2003.  Are there any
restrictions on the number of users that can be selected and migrated
at one time?

0
cghoerichs (17)

Not really the application is multithreaded. Your limitation is likely to be
transaction log buildup and mapi errors rather imo

"cghoerichs@yahoo.com" wrote:

> I am about to migrate users from Exchange 5.5 to 2003.  Are there any
> restrictions on the number of users that can be selected and migrated
> at one time?

0
TCUK (35)
2/21/2007 4:49:33 PM
Are you sure you need the migration wizard?  Is there a compelling reason
you aren't doing an intra-organizational migration, i.e., organizational
upgrade?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

<cghoerichs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am about to migrate users from Exchange 5.5 to 2003.  Are there any
> restrictions on the number of users that can be selected and migrated
> at one time?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/21/2007 10:52:40 PM
On Feb 21, 4:52 pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@mvpsnospam.org>
wrote:
> Are you sure you need the migration wizard?  Is there a compelling reason
> you aren't doing an intra-organizational migration, i.e., organizational
> upgrade?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> <cghoeri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >I am about to migrate users from Exchange 5.5 to 2003.  Are there any
> > restrictions on the number of users that can be selected and migrated
> > at one time?

Server is in a different domain, not a part of AD.

0
cghoerichs (17)

trying to remove exchange 2003 server.
I have followed KB article 822931. this is a member exchange server in a domain, i have a total of 3 exchange servers. when i go to add/remove to remove exchange it tells me it cannot remove it because there are already accounts on the server still. the servers name is B3. b1 and b2 are still staying online. when i check the B3 administrative group, mailbox stores, mailboxes. i see 3 system users. SMTP (B3-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx System Attendant SystemMailbox. if i right click on any of these users there is no feature to remove the mailboxes. what can i do??? please help, thank you team!...

Invoice Designer Problem. MS Money 2003 Deluxe and Business
I run a delivery company and want to change the invoice designer in Money to fit my needs. I know you can change the LOOK of it, but I need to change the actual input area. For example, I do not want the Quanity and Price columns to automatically multiply and give me a total result. I need to input information is a certain way...and do not want the format that I am given. (Again, I realize you can change the LOOK of the trmplate, but what I want is to customize the area in which you enter the information. Can this be done with the program I have, or do I need to upgrade to another vers...

Outlook 2000 / Exchange Server 5.5
I am having an issue with several people on our network where the inbox does not automatically refresh with new e- mail. The user has to select another folder or do anything else in outlook and the mail will appear. We are using exchange server and this issue occurs on both Windows 2000 and Windows XP machines. Has anyone else seen this issue or know how to fix it? Matt <prdgy80@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am having an issue with several people on our network > where the inbox does not automatically refresh with new e- > mail. The user has to select another folder or do >...

Linking Jpegs in Access 2003 Forms
First of all let me say, I'm NOT a programmer. I went a bought several books on Access 2003 inorder to create simple databases forms. I've created a form for our little company which I wish to display the employee's picture on the form. When I follow the procedures in my book, all that is displayed in the name of the jpeg and not the actual picture. If I click on the name the picture is displayed in another window. I have went on the web and read so much that I'm crossed eyed. I've reinstalled MS Picture Manager like one article said and still no joy. Is there a SI...

Is there a canadain trial version of Money 2003 to download and try?
Is there a canadain trial version of Money 2003 to download and try? I need to make sure that there is a fix for purchasing US stocks and dollars can be converted back and forth easily. Thanks. Me No, there wouldn't be, just as foir many countries that omly get internatonal english-no trial too. "Me" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:023801c348ed$d1df0990$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a canadain trial version of Money 2003 to > download and try? > > I need to make sure that there is a fix for purchasing US > stocks and dollars can be converted back a...

Opened office 2003 files can not be saved on windows 2000 server

Graphics driver problems with Publisher 2003
There seems to be some kind of issue with graphics not displaying in Publisher 2003 with certain video cards/drivers. Is there information available in the MS Knowledge Base to resolve this? I can only get it to work with a default vga driver. I have tried all the suggestions I have come across in these forums ie. Download and install the latest video driver Clear the cache View, Pictures, Detailed display I do not want to use a default driver which gives me 'ripply' scrolling. Have you tried other versions of the drivers (not necessarily the latest) for your specific card? -- ...

import Corel Quattr to excel 2003
I desperately need some help here. We just installed office 2003 in the new computer, and can't find the converter for Corel Quattr versin 8 files to Excel 2003. Is there anyway quick way we can import all the Corel Quattr to Excel 2003. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot! MH If you still have Quattro Pro, use it to save an Excel Format I think MS stopped making Quattro Pro converters with version 7 of QP, but you might look here for something http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC%2CHP%2CHA%2CRC%2CFX%2CES%2CEP%2CDC%2CXT&Query=quattro+pro+convert...

How do you hide the conversation headlines in outlook 2003?
I want to thread my e-mails without having the conversation headlines showing... Less clutter.. How can I get rid of the conversation headlines? you can make the conversation group smaller but not remove it (without turning off grouping) View, arrange by, customize, define view.... select the view and click modify - it's under other settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

Outlook 2003 can't open attachment
I have outlook 2003 that can't open any attachments - the program simpl hangs. I can save the document on my hard drive and open word to the navigate to the saved attachment -- ssarda Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...

Importing Enterprise Calendar
Is it possible to import an existing Project Calendar to create a new Enterprise Calendar? I answered my own question... Open a file with the calendar you want to import, goto 'change working time' there is a button (if correctly configured and connected to Project Server) to "Import into Enterprise Calendar" "Jerry L. Welch" wrote: > Is it possible to import an existing Project Calendar to create a new > Enterprise Calendar? ...

Excahnge 2003 Space Issues
Hello, I keep running out of space on the drive holding my mail store. I have put the public folder store on another drive, turned on circular logging and put those on another drive as well. We have recently recovered from an Exchange disaster and are ExMerging all of our backups back into mailboxes and it's taking up more space than it used to. Also, we have set all policies to delete purged items after zero days. Does anyone know how to manually delete purged items from the Exchange server? Anyone have any tips? I appreciate it! When you recovered data using Exmerge, the Single In...

Printing #5
Can I invert my text so that when I print on the back side the text both sides is faceing the same direction like a book? Why not flip the paper in the printer? Or am I missing something? -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "cwrusher" <cwrusher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE6E7E7-17BF-4674-A74E-200772D24218@microsoft.com... > Can I invert my text so that when I print on the back side the text both > sides is faceing the same direction like a book? Probably, if you manipulate the pape...

Collapsing 5.5 Sites Questions
Well, here we are two years after migrating HQ and largest branch office to E2K3 (thanks again all for help, and help, and help yet again). We're finally getting rid of our last (three) 5.5 sites; moving users to AD with ADMT then their mailboxes to HQ server. But I'm a bit confused about the system folders of the 5.5 sites when you are getting rid of the site altogether. We do not move the 5.5 system folders, do we? And we just delete the RG/Site Connectors so the 2003 RGs lose knowledge of the 5.5 sites? Thanks, jremmc Hello Jremmc, Thank you for posting. Your questions ...

Quick Guide for Outlook 2003
Can anybody help me ? I need to download a quick guide to oulook 2003 in portuguese and in spanish. If your using that dialect of the Office application "help" would be your best feature Other wise check amazon.com etc for books this way you would get an idea who publishes them "Elias Litvin Gendelmann" <Elias Litvin Gendelmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3D97744-A287-4093-9CD0-FC742694BE9F@microsoft.com... > Can anybody help me ? > I need to download a quick guide to oulook 2003 in portuguese and in > spanish. ...

outllook 2000 vice 2003
I do not like the new 2003 outlook that loaded up with my recent student teacher Office package. How can I revert back to the 2000 version? Also, everytime I open outlook a MS LDAP Directory page pops up wanting server name, port location, username, and password. How can I delete this or bypass it? What do you not like about it? To revert back uninstall it and reinstall the older version.' If you do not connect to an LDAP server remove the service from your mail profile through Control Panel-> Mail -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Pro...

2003 send/receive error 0x8004210A
I keep getting this error message when Outlook 2003 is sending/receiving for my POP3 account. Supposedly a service pack will correct this problem but my software is updated??? Help Tim Henthorn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I keep getting this error message when Outlook 2003 is > sending/receiving for my POP3 account. Supposedly a > service pack will correct this problem but my software is > updated??? Help Did you recently install Windows XP SP2? I've seen one report that stated this error started occurring after installation of SP2. -- Brian T...

SPAM filter for Windows 2003 SMTP Service?
Does anyone of a way to implement a SPAM server-based e-mail filter for the Windows 2003 SMTP Service? ...

Excel 2003
Autosave has been replaced with Autorecovery in Excel 2003. Is there any way of re-adding the autosave function, as this has the option of giving the user a prompt asking if they want to save the file, which autorecovery doesn't If you have Auto.xla from an earlier Excel you can use it with Excel 2003. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Autosave.xla I meant. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Error 8197 with Exchange Server 2003
I daily backup my Exchange Server 2003 offline per script an taskmanager. When the services after the backup are starting, I get the error 8197, source MSExchangeFBPublish "Fehler beim Initialisieren der Sitzung für den virtuellen Computer xxx. Die Fehlernummer lautet 0x80004011d. Stellen Sie sicher, dass Microsoft Exchange Store ausgeführt wird". I need the offline-backup to have rapidly access to the .edb-file for recovering single e-mails with ontrack power controls. What can I do to avoid error 8197 Thank You ...

Migration from 5.5 -> 2k3, send mail is lost...
Hi all, When I move a mailbox from the 5.5 to the 2k3 everything seems to work but one thing. If the user sends internal mail, the mail never reaches it's destination. There's a copy of it in send items, but nothing in queue's or in Event viewer. If I move the mailbox back to the 5.5, everything works again. A new user created on the 2k3 can send mail without problems. Any idea on this? TA! C_S Hi! I've got the same issue. Have a look if the mailbox was "split" during the move. In my case adfter a move there is one Mailbox on the old Exchange 5.5 and one on ...

Moving Excel 2003 templates from XP to Windows 7
I've moved Excel 2003 from an XP to a Win7 computer. On the XP, I have a template which contains my desired toolbars, macros and macro buttons. It=92s hidden so that when I fire up Excel, the opening worksheet looks right and holds all the desired features. I'm not sure of the procedure for installing the template in the Windows 7 file structure. Specifically, Do I label the template as Personal.XLT? Then, where do I put a copy or copies? I recall there was both a template folder and an XLStart folder in my XP. What file type is your current workbook? *.xls, *.xlt...

excel 2003
I have created two macros in a spreadsheet - SortByName amd SortByVersion - how can I put two buttons in the spreadsheet to run the macros ? I've looked in help and it keeps telling me about putting buttons in toolbars, which is not what I want to do regards Mike Go to Tools>Customize. In the dialog you will see an item under Toolbars called Forms. Check that and you will get a new toolbar with a commandbutton on it, just drag that onto the spreadsheet and assign the macro when asked. -- HTH Bob Phillips "mikey" <null@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:d6hpgm$6...

Problem with Database Wizard

exch5.5 to e2k3 migration
Need help with migration. We have done the following procedures (in the lab) but can't send mail from an AD/E2K3 User to an Exchange 5.5 mailbox. Both Organizations are the same email domain. @company.com. We can send mail from the source (NT4.0/Exchange 5.5) to a new user in AD/E2k3. The exhange 5.5 Org has 6 sites. 1. Populated AD using ADMT. 2. Ran "Exchange Directory Migration Wizard" in ADMT 3. configured 2 inter org RCA's from windows - exchange from exchange - windows 4. Created an X.400 connector in both Orgs. (is there a better way than using an...