Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus

I'm having problems with the migration tool when
migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts
up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino
server crashes as well.

I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm
migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to
but I've already killed a test server because of this and
don't have another one handy.

As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but
for some reason it does not like these users.

If anyone has any suggestions or has come across
something like this it would be really helpful to know
what the heck is going on.
0
anonymous (74717)

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Problem reinstalling data after computer crash on money 2003
Help. My computer crashed. I have a data backup for Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. I reinstall it and it seems to take it, but there is no data or accounts there when I finish. Please help, Larry This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C43D13.F2D4ECD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When you say that you "reinstall it and it seem to take" =3D what = exactly have you done to get to that point? Did you have to reinstall any software following your crash? Did you try cl...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool?
I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool for Outlooks 2003. It said that it was installed successfully but when I open Outlook and pull down the file menu there is no "Backup" item listed to choose as Microsoft's instructions say there should be. I tried it twice with the same result. Yes, Microsoft verified that it was a legal install of Outlook on my computer. Suggestions please. Bob did you reboot >I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup >tool for Outlooks 2003. It said that it was in...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

reporting tools linking with excel
Hi... Supposing i want a report to be generated from excel....something like using crystal reports.... is it feasible to link a reporting tool with excel.... I hope i am clear. thanks Monika ...

Outlook keeps crashing #4
Apologies for x-posting. but not sure which is best forumn. Iinstalled office2003 SP1last njight, and now, every 30 seconds Outlook is trying to send an error report to MS. Can someone tell me what is likely to be going on Thanks A ...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...

PUB file crashes Publisher on open
I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried some recovery programs and they crashed. Is it a lost cause? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx <dmahlitz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161174335.508250.183640@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried > some rec...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

Control Tool Box (Check Box + IF)
Hi, I'm newible in here, I wanna to using a check box plus if function, means "If ( "the check box tick", true, false)" Thx for help! If you're referring to one drawn from the Forms Toolbar (via View > Toolbars > Forms) (and not from the Control Toolbox) then try : http://tinyurl.com/vykc which has a previous response to a similar Q -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email ------------------------------------------- "Chris" <chakyin@hotmail.com> ...

folder migration
I am working on migrating outlook express folders from a old computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I used the file/Import,Export feature but not all of the folders contain information. There are a total of six folders that need to be Imported. Outlook created the folders under personal folder but only two contain the messages. The other four are empty. I have tried to move them individually with no success. If anyone has a theory on how to accomplish this please let me know. Thank you. Chad ...

word keeps crashing
I have the latest version of word and mac osx tiger. Since updating to the newest version of tiger, word cannot open or save documents and just crashes. All other office software works just fine. Can any one help? On Apr 27, 12:54 pm, zrako...@gmail.com wrote: > I have the latest version of word and mac osx tiger. Since updating to > the newest version of tiger, word cannot open or save documents and > just crashes. All other office software works just fine. Can any one > help? Hello, For the beggining I would try to reapir disk permition, update office and reapir disk permition...

Data Migration Question 02-19-04
OK, Perhaps I was too general and hopeful in my prior post about migrating from one domain to another (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.a sp? ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.crm&sMessageI D=%253C123e501c3f59d%2524223a9100%2524a501280a@phx.gbl% 253E) I am having issues in migrating data from my test CRM system to a simulated production environment (My project manager needs to know how long it is going to take next month when we go live.) Realistically all I really want to migrate is: PriceLevelBase ProductBase ProductPriceLevelBase Subj...

ANNOUNCE: Exchange Whitelisting tool PHIMF
Hi All I was looking for a quick n dirty (read free) whitelisting tool for the Exchange IMF and didn't find anything suitable (IMFcompanion doesn't really give itself to be run like a service) Therefore, I wrote my own. It's not particuarly flash, just picks out email from the archive folder and moves them to the pickup folder, but I've been using it in anger and seems to be pretty reliable. So I thought I'd share it with the world. The program is free with all the usual caveats. URL is http://www.chaplin.me.uk/programs/phimf.htm Happy New Year all.. Colin ...

openldap and migration wizard
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C459E1.119508F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with sendmail and openldap running on = it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new exchange 2003 server, = i've already installed the exchange server and everything is ready for = the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to = extract the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows a = "Invalid DN syntax" ...

Migrating Tasks with Data Migration Framework
I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) & emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks (19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message isnt of much help to nail down the issue. I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user ...

Pub98 line drawing tool
Hey Gang! Long time no type. Had a problem crop up all of the sudden. My line drawing tool is now defaulting to a left pointing arrow line, not the plain line it's been for seven years. Any thoughts on where the default setting may have changed? I don't see any simple, logical location for the setting. thanks in advance, Steve in NC Does this occur in all publications? Click the line tool in the objects toolbar, (do not draw a line) on the command toolbar, click the line format, select the formatting you want. This will default to whatever line you selected for the rest of th...

CRM Migration from One Business Unit to Other 12-25-03
Hi, We have a MS CRM Server with MSDN Subscribtion Licenses for testing, during that we imported some of OutLook Contacts and some other records are created in CRM Server . After Testing we decided that we will purchase CRM Licenses, but what i want to know is that can import this records(Leads, Accounts and Contacts) in New Ms CRM Server installation with our company Business Unit Licenses? Thanks in advance. Mushtaq ...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...

How to migrate 4 exchange 5.5 to one exchange 2003
Dear all, Our company are using 4 exchange 5.5 server with different domain name. All of the servers were link up with the site connector and use the MTA for internal mail. And now we would like to upgrade to Exchange 2003 in one server. I am using ADC tools to migrate, I have upgraded to Excahnge 2003 successful but it only connected to one server only. I can view the entire sever in exchange 2003 tree but all of them were dim. How to migrate the remained server? Please provide the solution or suggustion to me, many thanks! Best Regards, Mino ...

Outlook 2007 crashing with CRM4 desktop client #2
Awesome, def works, delete the outlook profile and re-create, bob's your uncle EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng Hi, Deleting the Outlook profile and recreating it without making anymore changes resolve the problem completely, am I right? Thanks in advance, Evren <Morne van der Merwe> wrote in message news:2009199586morne.vandermerwe@bidvestbank.co.za... > Awesome, def works, delete the outlook profile and re-create, bob's your > uncle > > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice > http://www...