migration shut down the information store 5.5

Hi all

I have two 5.5 and two 2003 sp1 exchange server all in the same admin group
and site. on one of the 5.5 server, i have all the mailboxes moved over to
one of my 2003 servers. I would like to turn off the information store on the
5.5 server that has all the production mailboxes moved over to the 2003
server, this way if anyone complains that they cant get into email, then i
know that the mailbox needs to get moved.

My questions are, by tunrning off the information store service on the 5.5
server, will this negatively effect the ADC replication? I have removed the
IMC off of this server.

thanks
0
Skip1 (502)

"=?Utf-8?B?c2tpcA==?=" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> My questions are, by tunrning off the information store service on the
> 5.5 server, will this negatively effect the ADC replication? I have
> removed the IMC off of this server.

Is your ADC pointing to the server you are going to retire?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Enabling Message Archiving on the Information Store
I want to enable archiving on an Information Store, but when I go to the general tab on the properties box for that store all of the fields are grayed out, and I cannot enable archinving. I have not been able to find any information as to why this ocndition exists. Anyone have any ideas? Is there an Exchange Mailbox Store System Policy applied to the store? That would make all the fields unavailable. -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Stuff: http://geekbargains.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "rpflueger" <rpflueger@discussions.micros...

To set up and print two pages on one 8.5 x 11 landscape sheet?
I am trying to set up two pages each 5.5 wide by 8.5 high on one 8.5 x 11 landscape sheet to print in an 5.5 x 8.5 binder so I need the inside margin to be wider. I can't find this in my Office 2000 help or on line. It seems so simple and while they have postcards and other sizes they don't seem to have half size side by side. Serena Is this a Publisher question?? Setup your page for 8.5 x 11 landscape Then set your layout guides the way you want Arrange | Layout Guides. I usually set a vertical center line at 5.5 then put guides where I want the gutter. Then...

Problems with Window in Dialog Owner Draw? #5
I Skin the CDialog based windows,in the window,the Minbox and MaxBox and CloseBox are exist,the title bar are Owner drawed of cause and the three "button",They show well,but the button in the task bar that stand for the Dialog ,does not work well, when the dialog is active,you click the button in task bar the dialog can not hide(Or as we say the dialog in min state.). thanks, Tylor ...

Ingenico I6550 issue and Store Logo on a receipts
I have set up mulitiple i6550's for our clients and never seem to have a display show up on the actual ingenico. Does anyone know of any issues where the Ingenico screen stays blank? If so what is the resolution? I followed the set up procedures to the T that Microsoft provides in Knowledge Base on Partnersource. My other issue is I have pointed RMS in store administrator to a logo to print on the receipt but for some odd reason it will not show up. Any suggestions on things to look at? Can anyone help me on this before I contact Microsoft? "Retail Labs Tech" wrote: ...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

eConnect and Stored Procedures
Does anyone know the purpose of the following stored procedures? taRMCashReceiptInsert taRMApply Yes, The first one insert cash receipts into the RM Cash Receipts Work File (RM10201) and the second one allows you to apply cash receipts to invocies and puts the results in the RM Open table (RM20101) and RM Apply Open (RM20201) table. These stored procs are encrypted, but you can find a sample of the call in the respective PRE sufixed procs. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Hoodwink" wrote: ...

Extract Information To Another Worksheet
Hi All, I have a worksheet with Colonm Headings and Data below each heading, except the "Column A" (in some cases it has and in some cases it doesnt). I want to extract all rows where there is data in "Column A" to a separate worksheet. The Entire Row should be copied to the new Worksheet once i enter a value in Column A for each record and the new sheet should be frequently updated from the original list, its like a building list. -- M Imran Buhary In a separate, helper, column in row 2 enter: =--ISBLANK(A2) and copy down Then switch on Autofilter and set this n...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

insert logo in personal information set
I am trying to insert my organisation logo in the primary business profile in the Personal Information set. In the personal information window the space holder for logo is blak and I do not know how to insert the logo. When I was originally setting up Publisher I did not put in a logo. Can anyone help: Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Afyeb" <Afyeb@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Can I merge information from Excel cells directly into address lab
See online help for the INDIRECT function. ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

HELP!!! Deleting "misplaced" files inside System Volume Information Folder (in external HDD)
Guys, The title pretty much says what I am having trouble with. I am not technically gifted that's why if you guys could help me out, I'd really really appreciate it. Here's the problem, I accidentally dragged a huge amount of file inside the System Volume Information of my external hdd. I tried the old posts somewhat addressing the similar problem (even went to the extent of installing windirstat) just to try and delete the unnecessary files but I still couldn't remove it from the folder. I am using Vista if this would help. Also, if its best that I delete the S...

Cannot remove Exchange 5.5 Server from Site!
Hi everyone - I have an Exchange 5.5 system with 4 NT4.0 SP6a Servers all running 5.5 SP4. I have to remove the first server in the site and have completed the migration of the first server in site roles to one of the new Exchange servers. BUT - now when I shut down the server I am trying to de-commission (as a test to see what happens with it turned off), some of my Outlook 97 users and Outlook 2001 Mac Edition users freeze up. It appears that with the OL97 PC Clients, deleting the profile and re-creating it works OK. HOWEVER, re-building the OL 2001 profiles on the Apple Macs has no effect...

Publisher SB Edition 2003 Keeps Shutting Down
Please help, everytime I try to open a file in publisher I get an error message and it keeps shutting down, the message states 'publisher failed to start correctly - do you want to open in safe mode' (i'm not very technical so any help would be great) Thanks ...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0).
I'm currently running an exchange 2003 sp2 on a Windows 2003 SP1 Domain Controller with Mcafee virus scan 8.00 Its been running fine for about a year. Recently the information store terminates intermittently with the following error. I can restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7024 Date: 19/09/2006 Time: 21:54:43 User: N/A Computer: ICCUK-MAIL2 Description: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0). I've installed Exchang...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

Schedule + Free busy Information
I have a user that cannot see the Free busy schedule of other users. She is in a storage group where it works for other users. Any ideas...? Have her open outlook using the /cleanfreebusy switch. See KB296192 "jwm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b5a301c44fef$af2ee280$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a user that cannot see the Free busy schedule of > other users. She is in a storage group where it works for > other users. Any ideas...? ...

GP 7.5 Grant Management
Looking for a custom report (either crystal, report writer, etc. doesn't matter) for GP 7.5 Grant Management (formerly Encore). For a grant, client wants to see by account actual versus budget inception-to-date. Looking for someone that has already developed such a report or tried to develop. Thanks, John ...

folder migration
I am working on migrating outlook express folders from a old computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I used the file/Import,Export feature but not all of the folders contain information. There are a total of six folders that need to be Imported. Outlook created the folders under personal folder but only two contain the messages. The other four are empty. I have tried to move them individually with no success. If anyone has a theory on how to accomplish this please let me know. Thank you. Chad ...

Data Migration Question 02-19-04
OK, Perhaps I was too general and hopeful in my prior post about migrating from one domain to another (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.a sp? ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.crm&sMessageI D=%253C123e501c3f59d%2524223a9100%2524a501280a@phx.gbl% 253E) I am having issues in migrating data from my test CRM system to a simulated production environment (My project manager needs to know how long it is going to take next month when we go live.) Realistically all I really want to migrate is: PriceLevelBase ProductBase ProductPriceLevelBase Subj...

Transfer information store
Hi we have exchange 5.5 with sp3. we want to change our server hardware install and configure exchange 5.5 on new server but information store service don't run with old mailbox Thanks Hi, Have you already installed exchange to the new server and coppied in the old information store and now are unable to get the Information store service to start? If this is the case you are performing a single mailbox recovery and there are a few things that need to be setup correctly. When you install Exchange ensure you are logged on with the Exchange service account. THe Organization name, site...