Migration question #11

I have exchange 5.5 and exchange 2003 setup.
Most placed recommend move mailboxes first and
then rehome the connectors such as IMC.  Is it ok to rehome the connector
and then move mailboxes?

thanks

0
nosean (10)

try this article

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating_Exchange_5_5_to_2003.html

"sean" <nosean@noemail.gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have exchange 5.5 and exchange 2003 setup.
> Most placed recommend move mailboxes first and
> then rehome the connectors such as IMC.  Is it ok to rehome the connector
> and then move mailboxes?
>
> thanks

0
exchange.mvp (559)

tesuto 03-11-07
tesuto...

CRM 3.0 Questions
Could someone please point me in the right direction to receive answers regarding Microsoft CRM 3.0 questions? Some questions we have are, when and where can we receive the CRM 3.0 Beta (Partner) version? If we already have CRM1.2 installed, would v3.0 be installed on top of this instance or is it a separate install? Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. MS CRM Beta 3.0 is suppose to be posted tomorrow to the partner site.. BUT be warned you do not want to upgrade 1.2 to 3.0 until the official release. In fact any version of 3.0 prior to the official release will not b...

Feel suffocated? Migrate to 24SevenCart!
If you are frustrated with the =93static=94 nature of your existing shopping cart, which is almost inert to produce any appreciable business for you, then it is high time to change the shopping cart. Because of the ever-changing landscape in today=92s marketplace, your rigid shopping cart may not stand and due to this, you end up getting less and less revenue. The answer lies in migrating to a robust and flexible shopping cart solution which can be molded as per your latest business strategies. For Further Details, please contact http://www.24sevencart.com/contact_us.h= tm ...

Conditional Formatting Question #7
I want the formattin of a series of cells to be dependent on the data in another cell. For instance, if A1 is a result of "something" then A1:A7 will all turn red. How do I get that done?? -- livifivil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ livifivil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36917 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=566288 Say $A$1 = "Something" then select A1 to A7 and enter this formula in Conditional formatting =$A$1="something" VBA N...

Another combine two files question....
I am trying to manipulate data from 2 reports into one sheet. The first report is a flat file with a unique record key. The second file is a complicated disaster. It looks like the following: Record Number A Apples Record Number A Oranges Record Number B Apples Record Number B Peaches Record Number C Bananas I need it to look like: Apples Bananas Oranges Peaches Record Number A X X Record Number B X X Record Number C X Is there a fancy formula that could help me? I can do a vlookup and pull it in, that doesn't work for the multiple records for each record number....

Listbox Format Question
I have a list box with multiple columns. Is is possible to control the text alignment for the columns? For example, for some columns i woudl like to right justify, or center. Right now, all my columns are left justified. Thanks, Steve I do not know persay, but if you will find this type of functionality it will only be found on Stephen Lebans' site. Check out: http://www.lebans.com/List_Combo.htm -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it...

Sumif with multiple criteria question
Given range named "type" and "qty", i am trying to write a formula that will sum the "qty" of multiple "type"s together. I've tried =sum(if((type="apples")+(type="oranges"),qty,0) and =sumif(type,(or("apples"),("oranges")),qty) neither work....can someone help me please? Thanks, Amb Hello Try this: =SUMIF(type,"apples",qty)+SUMIF(type,"oranges",qty) Regards, Per "Ambassador" <mjosephsn@myway.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:4Wr5m.14058$Il.6550@newsfe16.iad... > Given...

Question: OPEN return status
Excel-97 (SR-2) My Excel version 4 manual describes the obsolete form of Fopen, with this syntax I hoped to perform [G15:FileNonExistent] = <within a macro> isNA( Fopen( "C:\datafile.pdf", 2)) However the syntax in Excel-97 now means I have to use [G15:FileNonExistent] = <within a macro> open "C:\datafile.pdf" for input as #123 Trouble is this does not return a status, but generates an error if the file does not exist. How can the macro trap this error and convert it to a return status? When I actually tried this with a non-existent file, the cell inv...

Query Question
Please see the sql code below. What I am after is Sum of [RiskCount]. But due to the join, I get double counting and consequently wrong SUM. Is this an inherent limitaion of Sql? Can be it solved without breaking up the sql into two parts? Thanks for reading this post. CREATE TABLE #Location ( LocationID INT, RiskCount INT) CREATE TABLE #Coverage ( LocationID INT, Peril VARCHAR(10), Coverage VARCHAR(10), TSI Numeric(25,6)) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (1,1) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (2,1) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (3,1) INSERT...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

Problems with migrated calendars
We recently migrated from exchange server 5.5 on an NT doamin to Exchange 2003 on AD. We have some shared calendars that people some people can not see. The calendar opens but none of the items are listed. I have looked at the summary under properties and the people that are listed are owners of the calendar and those people are shown with 'NONE' as their permissions. I have even added that persone as an owner and they still can not see it. I added the mailbox to my Outlook profile and took that person out of the permissions and then added them back in with no luck. I think...

Exchange Security question
Hello, We run 3 exchange servers within a single administrative group within an organisation with several other ordganastional groups and servers. Currently I can see and change settings on other peoples organisational groups and servers even though I am only an admin of my domain. I'm assuming they can do the same. If I look at the server permissions no our servers other accounts all over the AD seem to have access to quite a lot. So, bearing in mind we still need to send each other mail and I do want them to have access to our address lists for easy interoffice mailing, I was ...

Access 2003 Question
How do I get the "statusbar text" to display in a form? It displays on the Status Bar when the control has the focus and the Status Bar is turned on. Where do you want to display the data on your form? dpee wrote: >How do I get the "statusbar text" to display in a form? -- RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro Please post back to this forum so all may benefit. Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 What is it you exactly want? You can place text in the description of...

hide show question
I have names in col A that go from row 1 to row 1000 I then place data(numbers) in col B that corresponds with the name in col A. Once done I show ONLY the rows that have new data(filter)and use the SPEAK function to read the data back to me. Here is the tough part. On subsequent weeks I enter data in col B again and I want to be able to apply the SPEAK function BUT ONLY to the LAST set of inputted data. aDoes anyone have a good way to implement htis Thanks Hi, It sounds like you need to add a date column to your data so you can filter on that. -- If this helps, please click the Yes...

Migrating Data From ACT to CRM Using DMF?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has successfully migrated data from an ACT v6 database, to CRM 3? If so, could they supply some steps, or information on how they did it, plus if they ran into any problems! I've had a quick look at the DMF xls spreadsheets, and the wizards, which don't seem to complicated, however its importing the data from ACT to CDF using the Microsoft SQL Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) to populate the CDF that looks a bit complex. I think I read somewhere that you have to write some coding in sql to do this, correct? Also I've read some posts t...

Comment question please
Excel 2003 When I insert a comment into a cell it automatically starts with my name and a colon. I have a single user machine and have no need for my name to print. I know there is a setting to shut off this feature but I cannot find it. Help please. -- Thanks in advance... Bob You can remove the name by deleting your name from: <Tools> <Option> <General> tab, And clearing the "User" window. However, this does *still* leave the colon. Debra Dalgleish has some code on her web site to make the box completely empty. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments...

Newbie: E-mail Question
Are there only certain e-mail accounts I can check on OE? I added my Yahoo and Excite addresses, but when I go to view available folders, it says this service is not compatible with OE. Why?!?! Thanks!!! Jacque On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:06:03 -0500, "Jacque" <Liliana_Nightbreeze@hotmail.com> wrote: >Are there only certain e-mail accounts I can check on OE? I added my Yahoo >and Excite addresses, but when I go to view available folders, it says this >service is not compatible with OE. Why?!?! Thanks!!! > The only web-based mail accounts that Outlook Express can acc...

RMS questions
I have a potential customer who wants to know the following: 1. Does the Purchase Order component have faxing capabilities? 2. Can a customer be established, and then different pricing set for different items for that customer. For example- Andrea gets 30% off of all products in the store, but only 20% off of lightbulbs. They might even want to be able to give specific discounts for specific products JUST FOR ANDREA. Can RMS do this, and if so, how would it be done? Thanks- Andrea 1. It's not built into RMS. You'd set up a fax in Control Panel | Printers and Faxes and t...

Outlook problems #11
I recently tried to ajust "content" settings on my computer to make sure my ten year didn't accidentally venture to places she shouldn't. It was worthless. Even the slightest change kept her from visiting virtually all websites. I went back to the default settings, but now I have a problem that may or may not be related. Whenever I recieve an e-mail with a link, I click on the link and an Explorer window pops up but the window and the address line are blank. I cannot open a link without cutting and pasting the address. But, of course, some e-mails come with a link that do...

regex Question

Can't post question to MS community using IE8
I can not post a question to MS communities after signing on to MS communities with IE8 through Charter High Speed cable internet. I get a double clicking sound but no post window. However, if I sign on through AOL 9.1 everything works OK. Why can't I and what do I do to post to MS communities through IE8? With IE8 I can read questions and answers in the MS communities. This post is through AOL 9.1. I don't know about using MS Communities via IE8 but have you tried using Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express or any other Newsreaders? I suggest click on this link to see...

Question abotu IE8
IN the older versions of IE you could look at your temp Internet files and you could see the websites and the images that were on the websites that you had visited. Now when I view files all I see are the cookies.. are we no longer able to see the websites and images that were on the pages that we visited? Thanks and Merry Christmas Shep wrote: > IN the older versions of IE you could look at your temp Internet files and > you could see the websites and the images that were on the websites that you > had visited. Now when I view files all I see are the cook...

Conditional Formatting question #11
I have to color code several cells depending whether they are on target or not. Ex. 100% of Target = Green 90-100% of Target = Yellow <90% of target = Red Any help would be much appreciated. James ...

Office General Questions
I have Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 and would like to add Mirosoft Access 2007. Can I do this by purchasing Microsoft Access 2007 Upgrade Edition for £92.83 or must I purchase the full product at over £100.00? -- PLucas Go here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/FX101754511033.aspx#1 -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Pete Lucas" <PeteLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EEE2527-2D41-43DE-8CF2-9D1949E271F1@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 and would like to add Mir...

Outlook 2000 and 2003 signature question
When creating messages in either of these I'm being told by a popup that 'Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not displap correctly'. Something to do with an image in my signature? Any ideas? j. ...