migration from lotus to exchange #2

hello

maybe someone help

i have a lotus domino server v5 and i wanna migrate to exchange 2000 or
2003 (serwer Microsoft 2000 server)

maybe someone have some document about this

please send me information

where i can find that documents

thanks
0
bpman (2)

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

Trend Lines #2
We are conducting some research on welding and have some X-Y data plotted where the Y axis corresponds to # of Inclusions, and the X axis is thickness. I have done a Scatter Plot, and wish to add a Trend Line. The question is: what is the difference between a Linear and Logarithmic Trend Line. Thanks Paul If you type the word TREND into Excel help, one of the topics is: Equations for calculating trendlines Also at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052078071033.aspx?pid=CH101178621033and also see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010877851033.aspx--David Biddulph"PA&qu...

Exchange 2003 Send as Permissions
Hi, I am running a 2003 Exchange server. I set the 'send as' permission via the 'Permissions' (edit ACL) tab for User1 to send on behalf of User2. This then works for around 24 hours, at which point the permissions are removed. I assume that some type of maintenance routine is removing the relevant permissions, not sure why or how however! I know you can set the 'send on behalf of' setting but this displays the mail in a way that the recipient can tell who has really sent the mail - my customer does not want this! Any suggestions (sensible ones anyway) would be great...

Exchange, Win, AD 2000 to 2003 upgrade
I'm planning out the upgrade of a 2000 AD and Exchange 2000 all on separate W2k boxes (FE & BE config) to a fully AD/Win/Exch 2003 environment. I'm planning on the following steps: 1) Upgrade Exch 2000 FE to Exch 2003 FE 2) Upgrade Exch 2000 BE to Exch 2003 BE 3) Upgrade FE to Win 2003 4) Upgrade BE to Win 2003 5) Upgrade 2000 AD to 2003 I'm trying to figure out any advantages to doing the AD upgrade before or after the Exchange upgrades. I've seen it recommended to do it first, but it seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other to me. Can't find any tech doc th...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Exchange 2003 Startup Problems
Hello Got into the office this morning to find our exchange server not working. Getting these errors in the log file, the mailbox store won't startup. event id 455 - ESE Information Store (4888) First Storage Group: Error -1811 occurred while opening logfile D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\EXCHANGE.log\E0001E02.log. Also getting event id 9518 that the information store won't start up. Anyone have any ideas how to rectify this? The log file it's talking about doesn't exist on the machine, the last log file i have is E0001E00.log from 1.43am this morning. Thanks for you...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

sender filtering on exchange 2003 server
i setup an exchange 2003 server to retreive it's e-mail from a provider's POP3 server for the time being due to the fact that the MX records haven't been changed yet. Now i enabled senderfiltering on my exchange server and it doesn't seem to work Question: Does this have anything to do with the pop3 mailbox of my provider or is there something else going on alltogether?? -- "Computers are useless, they can only give answers...." .. (Pablo Picasso) Obviously no one knows or nobody wants to help "Rik" wrote: > i setup an exchange 2003 server to re...

2 Email servers
Hi, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers on one domain, one site. Users' mailboxes are distributed evenly between the two. I need to drop one server for a few hours to fix some hardware. Should I move mailboxes to the other server, or will incoming mail just wait at the other server until its partner is back up? Thanks Steve not sure your config, but this question is really independent of Exchange version, mail will either queue up or be denied depending on your config. If you are taking down your gateway mail server mail will be returned to the sender, if this server is at least one ...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Mass Email #2
Hi all... another fun question. Is there a way to setup and email so that when it recieves an email it will re-send it to every other email in a list? Like a Team email account? Thanks for the help all. Er... distribution groups? everyone gets copy of an email to a common email address. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "New Exchange Admin" <NewExchangeAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF71F1E4-4B5C-4AF0-8DA1-7BF34BC3B703@microsoft.com... > Hi all... another fun questio...

outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange Server 2003
I have a multihomed environment and am trying to connect my user to my exchange 2003 server. The Primary NIC is used for Internet access and the Secondary is used the connect to my Exchange server. When I setup Outlook 2003 in the Exchange Server field it always wants to resolve the server name to the FQDN. Then it searches for the public IP Address on the Primary NIC. If I ping the server name it knows which NIC to use and doesn't have a problem. How can i set it up to only look for the server name? try entering the IP address of the server instead of the name for resoluti...

Exchange 2003 computer account
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 network (AD). One of my admins was trying to test the exchange restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network, isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc, etc. I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production exchange is not part of network anymore.. I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers groups in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we cannot login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a message that says: Window...

Activation on 2 different computers
My wife and I have 2 different computers. 1 is in my name, 1 is in hers. We have MS Office/Outlook. I activated it on my computer and put it on hers as well. The obvious problem here is that when we try to activate the program it does not allow us to and she only has a week or so left as it gives you 50 days of use. What are my options here? Do I have to reinstall windows? Thanks Scott <> wrote: > My wife and I have 2 different computers. 1 is in my > name, 1 is in hers. We have MS Office/Outlook. I > activated it on my computer and put it on hers as well. >...

Text to numbers #2
I am converting the following to numbers using =value(LEFT(D117,LEN(D117)-1)) 4" 3/4" 2" All works fine except the fraction keeps turning into a date value? I try formatting the cells but this does not work either? Any advice -- Ray Ray, Try this =VALUE(IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("/",D6)),"0 ","")&LEFT(D6,LEN(D6)-1)) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D8C1083-6C0C-4293-813D-C86D79BCFE86@microsoft.com... > I am converting the following to numbers using =value(LEFT(D117,LEN(D117)-1)...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Windows Classes #2
Hi everybody, Using Spy++ I noticed that some buttons and controls in an application are not window(they don't appear in the list). For example open an Internet Explorer window and go to "www.google.com", and then refresh the Spy++ window list. The two search buttons do not appear in the list. I don't think IE paints these buttons (like simulating what a button does), but they are not windows either, so what are they? Yours, Kourosh. Kourosh wrote: > Hi everybody, > Using Spy++ I noticed that some buttons and controls in an > application are not window(they...

Exchange 2003 Statistics
How do you find out the number of emails your Exchange server processes per day? Senior administration loves these statistics but I don't know where to extract this information. Looking for the number of emails sent internally vs. externally. Message Tracking logs, PerfMon, 3rd party products (you can start your research at www.quest.com). Shawn wrote: > How do you find out the number of emails your Exchange server processes per > day? Senior administration loves these statistics but I don't know where to > extract this information. Looking for the number of emails s...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

2 Contact folders
Hi, In outlook 2000, I have 2 contact folders and want to delete the empty one. I found awhile ago, an article regarding this issue but didn't keep it and don't remember how to correct this. I want to delete the empty one. Thanks in advance. steve amiro Bellnet <Amiro@amiro.com> wrote: > In outlook 2000, I have 2 contact folders and want to delete the > empty one. I found awhile ago, an article regarding this issue but > didn't keep it and don't remember how to correct this. I want to > delete the empty one. Select the one you don't want. If it...

Cannot remove Exchange 5.5 Server from Site!
Hi everyone - I have an Exchange 5.5 system with 4 NT4.0 SP6a Servers all running 5.5 SP4. I have to remove the first server in the site and have completed the migration of the first server in site roles to one of the new Exchange servers. BUT - now when I shut down the server I am trying to de-commission (as a test to see what happens with it turned off), some of my Outlook 97 users and Outlook 2001 Mac Edition users freeze up. It appears that with the OL97 PC Clients, deleting the profile and re-creating it works OK. HOWEVER, re-building the OL 2001 profiles on the Apple Macs has no effect...

user files in exchange
How can I program exchange to delete "delete" folder contents after 5 days? How about the "sent" contents after 30 days? thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES rrego@njpies.org Hi Raul You dont mention what version of Exchange you have, but you can use the Mailbox Manager feature, here are some links that should help you out: Exchange 5.5 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305109 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/maintain/mailmg.mspx Exchange 2000 SP1 & Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278024 ...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

ISA Server 2006: Exchange publishing
Hi, I am lost, please help! I can't get OWA and OMA/exchange-activesync to work at the same time using a single listener/ip address. I thought a big benefit of ISA 2k6 was that one can publish everything using one single external ip address? I want to use FBA for OWA. In the listener I configure ISA to use FBA (on isa level) but when I do that OMA doesn't work anymore. When I set the listener to basic authentication however OMA (and exchange active sync) works fine but than I don't have the ISA FBA anymore, which is obvious. How can I make both work at the same time? I now...