migration from Exch5.5 to Exch2003

We have branch office where NT40 domain is installed. There is also Exchange 
5.5 installed. I plan to create AD 2003 site in that office, which also 
includes installing Exchange 2003 server(there exists two way trust between 
AD domain and NT40 domain). I want all mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to be 
moved on that Exchange 2003 server. First I have to put DC in site (GC on it) 
and move all users accounts on AD. Can I move mailboxes to Exchange 2003 
without installing ADC in site (for example export from Exch5.5 and import to 
Exch2003)?
0
MarkoKralj (12)
2/11/2005 11:55:08 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
307 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

I had the same worry last year, but actually, if your 2003 machine is allowed 
to connect to your NT4/Exchange 5.5, you can use the Migration Wizard that 
comes with Exchange 2003.  It is very easy, it connects to the "old" exchange 
and collects all mailboxes.  It can attach those mailboxes to new 2003 users 
or you can migrate the mailboxes to password protected PST-files that you as 
an admin can assign later on to newly created/imported AD-users.

Good luck.



"Marko Kralj" wrote:

> We have branch office where NT40 domain is installed. There is also Exchange 
> 5.5 installed. I plan to create AD 2003 site in that office, which also 
> includes installing Exchange 2003 server(there exists two way trust between 
> AD domain and NT40 domain). I want all mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to be 
> moved on that Exchange 2003 server. First I have to put DC in site (GC on it) 
> and move all users accounts on AD. Can I move mailboxes to Exchange 2003 
> without installing ADC in site (for example export from Exch5.5 and import to 
> Exch2003)?
0
Herman (17)
2/11/2005 12:17:04 PM
Thanks for your reply, I'd still rather go for the simpler option of
manually moving stuff between the old and new servers simply as we're
a small company and I'm only a part time system admin with limited
experience so I was hoping to avoid any complications.  I've also
already tried a 'test' migration and am running into 'access denied'
problems when I try to connect to the 5.5 server following the MS
documentation.  Could you recommend a good step by step guide for how
to ruin the migration wizard.


On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:17:04 -0800, Herman
<Herman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had the same worry last year, but actually, if your 2003 machine is allowed 
>to connect to your NT4/Exchange 5.5, you can use the Migration Wizard that 
>comes with Exchange 2003.  It is very easy, it connects to the "old" exchange 
>and collects all mailboxes.  It can attach those mailboxes to new 2003 users 
>or you can migrate the mailboxes to password protected PST-files that you as 
>an admin can assign later on to newly created/imported AD-users.
>
>Good luck.
>
>
>
>"Marko Kralj" wrote:
>
>> We have branch office where NT40 domain is installed. There is also Exchange 
>> 5.5 installed. I plan to create AD 2003 site in that office, which also 
>> includes installing Exchange 2003 server(there exists two way trust between 
>> AD domain and NT40 domain). I want all mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to be 
>> moved on that Exchange 2003 server. First I have to put DC in site (GC on it) 
>> and move all users accounts on AD. Can I move mailboxes to Exchange 2003 
>> without installing ADC in site (for example export from Exch5.5 and import to 
>> Exch2003)?

0
2/11/2005 12:46:05 PM
Along with what Herman says, this migration method will also redirect
your clients (assuming MS Outlook) to the new Exchange box and change
their local mail profile without having to manually make the change to
each client locally...

But when you say there is a two way trust established, does that mean
that you are dealing with two seperate domains?  That may be a little
more complicated if the new AD domain isn't the same as the old NT
domain - that case, the answer would be out of my experience range...

O - to answer your direct question (can I do it without the ADC), you
probably could, but you'll lose all the automatic help MS built in for
just such a migration - it would be much easier with the AD connector.

Always more words than help ;-)
JeffG


On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:17:04 -0800, Herman
<Herman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had the same worry last year, but actually, if your 2003 machine is allowed 
>to connect to your NT4/Exchange 5.5, you can use the Migration Wizard that 
>comes with Exchange 2003.  It is very easy, it connects to the "old" exchange 
>and collects all mailboxes.  It can attach those mailboxes to new 2003 users 
>or you can migrate the mailboxes to password protected PST-files that you as 
>an admin can assign later on to newly created/imported AD-users.
>
>Good luck.
>
>
>
>"Marko Kralj" wrote:
>
>> We have branch office where NT40 domain is installed. There is also Exchange 
>> 5.5 installed. I plan to create AD 2003 site in that office, which also 
>> includes installing Exchange 2003 server(there exists two way trust between 
>> AD domain and NT40 domain). I want all mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to be 
>> moved on that Exchange 2003 server. First I have to put DC in site (GC on it) 
>> and move all users accounts on AD. Can I move mailboxes to Exchange 2003 
>> without installing ADC in site (for example export from Exch5.5 and import to 
>> Exch2003)?

0
not_here6828 (136)
2/11/2005 12:48:08 PM
Sorry replied to the wrong post.

Barny

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:17:04 -0800, Herman
<Herman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had the same worry last year, but actually, if your 2003 machine is allowed 
>to connect to your NT4/Exchange 5.5, you can use the Migration Wizard that 
>comes with Exchange 2003.  It is very easy, it connects to the "old" exchange 
>and collects all mailboxes.  It can attach those mailboxes to new 2003 users 
>or you can migrate the mailboxes to password protected PST-files that you as 
>an admin can assign later on to newly created/imported AD-users.
>
>Good luck.
>
>
>
>"Marko Kralj" wrote:
>
>> We have branch office where NT40 domain is installed. There is also Exchange 
>> 5.5 installed. I plan to create AD 2003 site in that office, which also 
>> includes installing Exchange 2003 server(there exists two way trust between 
>> AD domain and NT40 domain). I want all mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to be 
>> moved on that Exchange 2003 server. First I have to put DC in site (GC on it) 
>> and move all users accounts on AD. Can I move mailboxes to Exchange 2003 
>> without installing ADC in site (for example export from Exch5.5 and import to 
>> Exch2003)?

0
2/11/2005 1:29:18 PM
You were wright, I have two domains, one is AD domain and second is NT4.0 
domain and is not AD domain. It could not be intradomain migration. Can it be 
done with exmerge utility?   

"JeffG" wrote:

> Along with what Herman says, this migration method will also redirect
> your clients (assuming MS Outlook) to the new Exchange box and change
> their local mail profile without having to manually make the change to
> each client locally...
> 
> But when you say there is a two way trust established, does that mean
> that you are dealing with two seperate domains?  That may be a little
> more complicated if the new AD domain isn't the same as the old NT
> domain - that case, the answer would be out of my experience range...
> 
> O - to answer your direct question (can I do it without the ADC), you
> probably could, but you'll lose all the automatic help MS built in for
> just such a migration - it would be much easier with the AD connector.
> 
> Always more words than help ;-)
> JeffG
> 
> 
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:17:04 -0800, Herman
> <Herman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >I had the same worry last year, but actually, if your 2003 machine is allowed 
> >to connect to your NT4/Exchange 5.5, you can use the Migration Wizard that 
> >comes with Exchange 2003.  It is very easy, it connects to the "old" exchange 
> >and collects all mailboxes.  It can attach those mailboxes to new 2003 users 
> >or you can migrate the mailboxes to password protected PST-files that you as 
> >an admin can assign later on to newly created/imported AD-users.
> >
> >Good luck.
> >
> >
> >
> >"Marko Kralj" wrote:
> >
> >> We have branch office where NT40 domain is installed. There is also Exchange 
> >> 5.5 installed. I plan to create AD 2003 site in that office, which also 
> >> includes installing Exchange 2003 server(there exists two way trust between 
> >> AD domain and NT40 domain). I want all mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to be 
> >> moved on that Exchange 2003 server. First I have to put DC in site (GC on it) 
> >> and move all users accounts on AD. Can I move mailboxes to Exchange 2003 
> >> without installing ADC in site (for example export from Exch5.5 and import to 
> >> Exch2003)?
> 
> 
0
MarkoKralj (12)
2/11/2005 2:39:06 PM
Actually, what I meant was two names - ie domain1.com and domain2.com.
For all intents and purposes, if they are the same domain name,
they're the same domain whether NT or AD is controlling it. The
problem lies in that NT and AD aren't very nice to each other and just
don't communicate well.  Even if they are in a trust, they're simply
not built the same way.

I can't tell you which (if any) migration utilities - including
exmerge - will work without the AD connector - no matter if you've got
two distinctly named domains or not.  MS's whole purpose behind those
utilities was to bridge the gap between the two controlling systems,
and let them "play" with each other.  MS has taken the majority of
your detail issues away from you by supplying that connector and the
utilities (this includes your Public Folder problems in your other
post), and if you don't do it their way, you'll basically be
reinventing the wheel - there are a lot of details and items that you
won't notice that their people have already thought of and also
contrived a way to make the transition happen correctly with little or
no work on your part.

I think you should reconsider, especially if you've only got one
actual domain name, and link them up with the connector and let them
play, follow the MS migration procedures completely, and sit back and
relax - they did the hard part for you...  

But it's not my job or my shop, you're welcome to follow your own
path.  As always ;-)

JeffG


On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:39:06 -0800, "Marko Kralj"

 <MarkoKralj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>You were wright, I have two domains, one is AD domain and second is NT4.0 
>domain and is not AD domain. It could not be intradomain migration. Can it be 
>done with exmerge utility?   
>
>"JeffG" wrote:
>
>> Along with what Herman says, this migration method will also redirect
>> your clients (assuming MS Outlook) to the new Exchange box and change
>> their local mail profile without having to manually make the change to
>> each client locally...
>> 
>> But when you say there is a two way trust established, does that mean
>> that you are dealing with two seperate domains?  That may be a little
>> more complicated if the new AD domain isn't the same as the old NT
>> domain - that case, the answer would be out of my experience range...
>> 
>> O - to answer your direct question (can I do it without the ADC), you
>> probably could, but you'll lose all the automatic help MS built in for
>> just such a migration - it would be much easier with the AD connector.
>> 
>> Always more words than help ;-)
>> JeffG
>> 
>> 
>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:17:04 -0800, Herman
>> <Herman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> 
>> >I had the same worry last year, but actually, if your 2003 machine is allowed 
>> >to connect to your NT4/Exchange 5.5, you can use the Migration Wizard that 
>> >comes with Exchange 2003.  It is very easy, it connects to the "old" exchange 
>> >and collects all mailboxes.  It can attach those mailboxes to new 2003 users 
>> >or you can migrate the mailboxes to password protected PST-files that you as 
>> >an admin can assign later on to newly created/imported AD-users.
>> >
>> >Good luck.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >"Marko Kralj" wrote:
>> >
>> >> We have branch office where NT40 domain is installed. There is also Exchange 
>> >> 5.5 installed. I plan to create AD 2003 site in that office, which also 
>> >> includes installing Exchange 2003 server(there exists two way trust between 
>> >> AD domain and NT40 domain). I want all mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to be 
>> >> moved on that Exchange 2003 server. First I have to put DC in site (GC on it) 
>> >> and move all users accounts on AD. Can I move mailboxes to Exchange 2003 
>> >> without installing ADC in site (for example export from Exch5.5 and import to 
>> >> Exch2003)?
>> 
>> 

0
not_here6828 (136)
2/11/2005 4:53:46 PM
Well, Jeff, I'm dealing with NT40 domain called domain1.blabla.com and AD 
domain called domain2.blabla.com. I plan to install AD (additional DC for 
domain2) in branch office. In domain1 is exchange 5.5 which I plan to migrate 
on newly installed exchange 2003 added to domain2 located in branch office. 
Trust between domain1 and domain2 is two-way external.  

"JeffG" wrote:

> Actually, what I meant was two names - ie domain1.com and domain2.com.
> For all intents and purposes, if they are the same domain name,
> they're the same domain whether NT or AD is controlling it. The
> problem lies in that NT and AD aren't very nice to each other and just
> don't communicate well.  Even if they are in a trust, they're simply
> not built the same way.
> 
> I can't tell you which (if any) migration utilities - including
> exmerge - will work without the AD connector - no matter if you've got
> two distinctly named domains or not.  MS's whole purpose behind those
> utilities was to bridge the gap between the two controlling systems,
> and let them "play" with each other.  MS has taken the majority of
> your detail issues away from you by supplying that connector and the
> utilities (this includes your Public Folder problems in your other
> post), and if you don't do it their way, you'll basically be
> reinventing the wheel - there are a lot of details and items that you
> won't notice that their people have already thought of and also
> contrived a way to make the transition happen correctly with little or
> no work on your part.
> 
> I think you should reconsider, especially if you've only got one
> actual domain name, and link them up with the connector and let them
> play, follow the MS migration procedures completely, and sit back and
> relax - they did the hard part for you...  
> 
> But it's not my job or my shop, you're welcome to follow your own
> path.  As always ;-)
> 
> JeffG
> 
> 
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:39:06 -0800, "Marko Kralj"
> 
>  <MarkoKralj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >You were wright, I have two domains, one is AD domain and second is NT4.0 
> >domain and is not AD domain. It could not be intradomain migration. Can it be 
> >done with exmerge utility?   
> >
> >"JeffG" wrote:
> >
> >> Along with what Herman says, this migration method will also redirect
> >> your clients (assuming MS Outlook) to the new Exchange box and change
> >> their local mail profile without having to manually make the change to
> >> each client locally...
> >> 
> >> But when you say there is a two way trust established, does that mean
> >> that you are dealing with two seperate domains?  That may be a little
> >> more complicated if the new AD domain isn't the same as the old NT
> >> domain - that case, the answer would be out of my experience range...
> >> 
> >> O - to answer your direct question (can I do it without the ADC), you
> >> probably could, but you'll lose all the automatic help MS built in for
> >> just such a migration - it would be much easier with the AD connector.
> >> 
> >> Always more words than help ;-)
> >> JeffG
> >> 
> >> 
> >> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:17:04 -0800, Herman
> >> <Herman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> 
> >> >I had the same worry last year, but actually, if your 2003 machine is allowed 
> >> >to connect to your NT4/Exchange 5.5, you can use the Migration Wizard that 
> >> >comes with Exchange 2003.  It is very easy, it connects to the "old" exchange 
> >> >and collects all mailboxes.  It can attach those mailboxes to new 2003 users 
> >> >or you can migrate the mailboxes to password protected PST-files that you as 
> >> >an admin can assign later on to newly created/imported AD-users.
> >> >
> >> >Good luck.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >"Marko Kralj" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> We have branch office where NT40 domain is installed. There is also Exchange 
> >> >> 5.5 installed. I plan to create AD 2003 site in that office, which also 
> >> >> includes installing Exchange 2003 server(there exists two way trust between 
> >> >> AD domain and NT40 domain). I want all mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to be 
> >> >> moved on that Exchange 2003 server. First I have to put DC in site (GC on it) 
> >> >> and move all users accounts on AD. Can I move mailboxes to Exchange 2003 
> >> >> without installing ADC in site (for example export from Exch5.5 and import to 
> >> >> Exch2003)?
> >> 
> >> 
> 
> 
0
MarkoKralj (12)
2/14/2005 6:43:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Exchange 5.5 User Permissions
Hi, Hope someone can help with this one as I'm in no way an Exchange expert. We have approx 200 users on our mail server and we want to restrict most users so that they can only send mail to supervisors and managers. What would be the easiest way to achieve this?. Thanks in anticipation Craig This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0153_01C3BA47.8704F800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable You will want to use the Delivery Restrictions page of the mailbox = properties to allow or reject sen...

Exchange 5.5 Some Messages Bounce Back to Sender
This is an Exchange 5.5 sp4, Windows NT 4.0 sp6a environment. We have an intermittent problem wherein some message bounce back to senders from random domains. NDRs vary as follows (recipient and domain name changes for security reasons) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mail Delivery System" <Mailer-Daemon@smtpauth09.mail.atl.earthlink.net To: <jhatto@mindspring.com Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 8:30 AM Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be d...

send/recieve error #5
After me pc has been online for most of the day, then left idle when I try to sync I get a send/recieve error and have to restart to correct the problem? Any sugestion. ...

printing 8.5 x 11 pages on 11 x 17 paper
I am trying to print a newsletter laid out 8.5 x 11 on 11 x 17" paper, so that I can get two pages to a side of paper and print on both sides. My Savin 2055DP has a booklet option, but it automatically shrinks the 8.5 x 11 image, even though it prints correctly in all other aspects. How difficult is it to layout 2 pages on 11 x 17 format in Publisher? Any tricks for pagination, etc.? What is a good reference for layout for me to look at? Jeff Wittenbrink After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jeff Wittenbrink <jwbrink@aol.com>... &...

Can we remove items purchased 5 years ago from Purchase History
Some of our customers have purchased many items over the years. The Purchase History list within the Customer Properties window is getting very very long. Is there any way to delete the history that is a few years old? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

Mobile 5 emulator to test my exchange server 2003 sp2 upgrade
Hi, I just upgraded our exchange server 2003 to sp2 and would like to test it out. I don't have a device, but attended a technet session where they demonstrated the push technology via an emulator or vpc. Can you recommend an emulator or way to test this feature out so I can support it when it comes up? Thanks. -- Jaxdevo Download the Windows Mobile 5 SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=83a52af2-f524-4ec5-9155-717cbe5d25ed&DisplayLang=en The emulator is included in the SDK. Eric Bockelman Principal IT Infrastructure Specialist Windows Platform Eng...

migration of data MAS 90/200 to GP
Wanted to find out if anybody has attempted to use the MAS 90/200 Migration Toolset? I was wondering if it would be better to just export the data and use Integration Manager to bring the data in with out using this utiility. Thanks, Kevin I did one about 2 years ago and almost everything came over just fine. I would use the migration tool but make sure you have all the company setup work done ahead of time to insure the tool processes the data properly. "Kevin" wrote: > Wanted to find out if anybody has attempted to use the MAS 90/200 Migration > Toolset? I was wo...

Macro help #5
Here's my question: I have an interest rate graph that I would like to update every day. However, it is a waste of time and a pain to update it the way I do now, so I am trying to create a macro that will make my life much easier. Here is a simplified version of what I am trying to do: Say for instance I have interest rates for the first five days of the week in cells A1:A5. When I add rates for the sixth day, I need to update my various averages. Say, a moving two-day average which calculates the average of A5:A6 instead of yesterdays A4:A5 or a continuous weekly average for A1:A6 i...

Links #5
To link data in one workbook to another workbook, must both reside in the same directory? No, but it's usually more convienient when possible, in case your MIS dept likes to change the names of paths/directories.......... Just call out the entire path in the link........ Like........ ='c:\yourpath\[Stats June.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1 hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Alan" <almkay@comcast.net> wrote in message news:KaednasUgNlxcS_ZnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@comcast.com... > > > To link data in one workbook to another workbook, must both reside in the > same ...

Format an excel column as a date for a 5 day week for a year.
Is there an easy way to format a column as a date for a year showing only Monday through Friday? Put a date in the first cell, right click copy down, then select fill weekdays Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dabenesch" wrote: > Is there an easy way to format a column as a date for a year showing only > Monday through Friday? ...

CString question #5
Hi, I have a struct in a header file as such: ...

EX5.5/OL2000 Freezes while accessing exchange calendar
Client OS: W2K [Latest SP & Patchage] Mail Client: Outlook 2000 [Latest SP & Patchage] Server OS: NT4 [Latest SP & Patchage] Mail Server: Exchange 5.5 SBS [Latest SP & Patchage] Problem: When viewing Calendar from Outlook2000 then changing the calendar day, client system CPU usage goes to 100% and locks machine. In approximately half of the occurrences, the machine will lock up without benefit of changing the calendar day by just viewing the calendar. This behavior can be replicated on any machine when the user is trying to access his calendar. So it seems to be a machine ind...

Folder Permissions #5
Is there a way to set permission to the mailbox folder and automatically propagate this setting. I have a user with a mail box with over 150 folders insid it. to set permission to every folder would be a verry long process. I sure you understand. Removing permission and propagate these settings to all sub-folders would be good to. Is there any white, blue, brown or even black papper about this? If anyone have a tool to atchive this I would be very greatfull. We using outlook 2003 and exchange 2003. Thank you in advance. Denis See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm for to...

default size limit for a mailbox in exchange 5.5
Hi, I have no set any mailbox limit on exchang 5.5. i would like to know is there a default size limit? or it just grow unlimited until the disk is full? I know there is few users are having mailbox exceeding 2G already on our server. Thanks Frank There is no default limit. You should set it to whatever your business requires and server/backup hardware can support. Keep in mind that standart editions of Exchange Server have 16GB limit on each database (pub or priv). Frank wrote: > Hi, > > I have no set any mailbox limit on exchang 5.5. > > i would like to know is there ...

Outlook Address Book #5
When accessing the adddress book I get the error message "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81). Is there a fix? Thanks. Assuming you're not using an LDAP, set the service to use the Outlook Address Book instead. Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books. Remove LDAP. Add Outlook Address Book -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "PWB" <pbenner@ntplx.net> wrote in message news:05cd01c3a40c$6241ad20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When accessing the adddress book I get the error > message "Can't contact LDAP ...

Hanging 5 minutes on send when using rpc over http
Hi folks, I'm using a Outlook 2003 client connecting to a 2003 server with rpc over http. The profile is setup for cached mode if that is of interest. So my problems is that in one office the internet access is only via a local proxy. This proxy is configured in IE and I can connect fine and I get my messages downloaded. When I try to send a message Outlook is hanging for a couple of minutes and more or less hanging the whole system. After a while th message is sent fine. In another office I also do have a proxy connection and there everything is working fine. What is going wrong? Can ...

Mailbox migration from 5.5 fails.
Hi, I'm running exchange 2003 in mixed mode with exchange 5.5. I was able to migrate few mailboxes without errors but now mailbox migration is failing with error"An unexpected, unknown error has occurred. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80040115-0000-00000000". Do I have any other option beside using mailbox migration wizard from system manager or AD users and computers. Thanks in advance. gurmit I guess, you could use ExMerge. You could export mail from Ex5.5 to PSTs, create mailboxes on E2K3 and then import mail from PSTs. By the way, it seems to m...

Exch2003: Exchange Information Store Fails to start after upgrading from 2000
Hello, I'm having a big problem with our newly upgraded Exchange 2003 server. The Exchange Information Store Fails to start. The KB articles that deal with the issue either do not quite apply, or did not fix the problem. If anyone could help me figure out why the Information Store is failing, and what I can do to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, -Ryan You'll need to provide much more detail if you'd like help. What are the event logs showing? What, if any, other errors are you getting when trying to start the service? Did the upgrade complete successfull...

MSX 5.5 isinteg report
Recently the private IS on our MSX 5.5 server (SP4) went over the size limit and crashed. One admin ran an offline defrag and was able to get the IS service going. We then had users clear out about 4GB of space, and we defragged again. Priv.edb is now down to about 12GB. Since the crash, there have been a variety of random problems with variuos users' email. I ran isinteg -pri - test, and the report gave over 1,000 WARNINGS, but no ERRORS. We are wondering if we should run isinteg with the -fix option, but there is not a lot of good documentation on it. Any suggestions would be h...

CFileDialog #5
Hello all: I'm trying to force CFileDialog to show only monospaced fonts, or perhaps it is fixed pitch where an i is considered to be as wide as a w which is as wide as all the other characters in the font. When I set the fixed pitch flag or provide a LOGFONT with a fixed pitch and tell the dialog to base it off of the given font, it always says no fonts are installed and tells me to install them through the control panel. Clearly this is not the case as the font is being used. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you, Dan ...

New Exchange Server #5
I have deployed 2 new exchange servers in my Enterprise. both are Exchange 2k3 SP2 installed on Windows 2k3 RC2. One is a BE (Server B) and the other is a FE (Server C) hosting OWA and RPC over HTTP, working as advertised. These servers are in Administrative Group A which also host an Exchange 2k3 SP2 installed on Windows 2k, well call it server A. Server A is the only Internet Gateway for our Enterprise the Routing Group Master and connector for B, C and D routing (Administrative) groups. I need to decommission Server A and move its duties to Servers B and C. Any recommendations will ...

3 x 5 cards
I have Excel 2003 and I want to print data entered into a spread sheet with page breaks onto 3" by 5" cards. There is not a 3" by 5" paper option in Excel... has anyone done this and how did you do it? ...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

migration #11
We rcently bought a NEW SERVER where i installed exchange 2003 and attempted to migrate from the OLD EXCHANGE SERVER (WINDOWS 2000 SERVER, EXCHANGE 2000). After installing Exchnage 2003 oin the NEW server, i moved all the mailboxes from the OLD SERVER to the NEW one and I set the NEW one as Primary. However, due to some problems in the IIS on the NEW SERVER i decided to wipe the NEW SERVER and re-install IIS and Excahnge Server 2003 . Therefore I moved all the mailboxes back to the OLD SERVER and set the OLD as the Primary again. Unfortunately after moving the mailboxes, certan user...

Data Migration Manager: Salesforce.com
Hi The MS CRM 4.0 Data Migration Manager has a pre-loaded data map for Salesforce.com but it just won't work out of the box... After 2.5 days 'trying' (and fixing things like Field Lengths that are too short (Ntext) even when this new attribute is created with DMM) I'm getting very frustrated... Does anyone know what the following upload error message means? "An error has occurred. Please see the log file for more information." "Generic SQL error." -- Thanks Ziggy geez , do any of the DM Maps actually work???!!!! I did a SF to MSCRM 3.0 migration...