Migrating users from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007

I currently have an Exchange 2007 server setup and running.  I also
have an Exchange 2003 server setup on the same network but different
domain/forrest.  I need to somehow get the Exchange Servers to see one
another and then migrate the users on the 2003 server over to the 2007
server.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

0
Scotty

You've asked what I call a "consulting engagement question", a question so
complicated or requiring so many follow-up data-collection questions from us
that we can't possibly give you the depth of information the issue deserves.
You really ought to hire a consultant to work this project through with you.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Scotty" <theprepared@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I currently have an Exchange 2007 server setup and running.  I also
> have an Exchange 2003 server setup on the same network but different
> domain/forrest.  I need to somehow get the Exchange Servers to see one
> another and then migrate the users on the 2003 server over to the 2007
> server.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

0
Ed
12/8/2009 1:11:47 AM
On Dec 7, 6:11=A0pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> You've asked what I call a "consulting engagement question", a question s=
> complicated or requiring so many follow-up data-collection questions from=
 us
> that we can't possibly give you the depth of information the issue deserv=
es.
> You really ought to hire a consultant to work this project through with y=
ou.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Scotty" <theprepa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I currently have an Exchange 2007 server setup and running. =A0I also
> > have an Exchange 2003 server setup on the same network but different
> > domain/forrest. =A0I need to somehow get the Exchange Servers to see on=
> > another and then migrate the users on the 2003 server over to the 2007
> > server. =A0Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Scott- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reply Ed.  I was hoping this was something covered by a
Microsoft Technet article but it appears that's not the case.

--Scott
0
Scotty
12/8/2009 3:30:05 PM
very true, but your in luck because I have done this type of migration
several times, if you are interested in hiring me email me at oc comp
guy@cox.net

> On Dec 7, 6:11 pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
>> You've asked what I call a "consulting engagement question", a question
>> so
>> complicated or requiring so many follow-up data-collection questions from
>> us
>> that we can't possibly give you the depth of information the issue
>> deserves.
>> You really ought to hire a consultant to work this project through with
>> you.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "Scotty" <theprepa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> >I currently have an Exchange 2007 server setup and running.  I also
>> > have an Exchange 2003 server setup on the same network but different
>> > domain/forrest.  I need to somehow get the Exchange Servers to see one
>> > another and then migrate the users on the 2003 server over to the 2007
>> > server.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> > Thanks,
>> > Scott- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks for the reply Ed.  I was hoping this was something covered by a
> Microsoft Technet article but it appears that's not the case.
>
> --Scott

0
sawyer
12/8/2009 4:44:08 PM
There's a lot of information about this topic out there, and I encourage you
to spend some time searching for it.  Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of
links to give you.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Scotty" <theprepared@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Dec 7, 6:11 pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> You've asked what I call a "consulting engagement question", a question so
> complicated or requiring so many follow-up data-collection questions from
> us
> that we can't possibly give you the depth of information the issue
> deserves.
> You really ought to hire a consultant to work this project through with
> you.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Scotty" <theprepa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I currently have an Exchange 2007 server setup and running. I also
> > have an Exchange 2003 server setup on the same network but different
> > domain/forrest. I need to somehow get the Exchange Servers to see one
> > another and then migrate the users on the 2003 server over to the 2007
> > server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Scott- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reply Ed.  I was hoping this was something covered by a
Microsoft Technet article but it appears that's not the case.

--Scott

0
Ed

We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit.
We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit... Please put your question in the body of your post. The subject isn't big enough. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Des" <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:445B6C35-2C3B-4BB3-BDC2-438B4281DCC5@microsoft.com... > We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit... Des <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

User authentication when launching Crystal Report
Hi gurus, when I run a report from inside Ms CRM, the system asks user and password. I type my user and password (as I did at the logon time) and all is fine, but I do not want that. This behaviour only applies to those reports in which I added objects (e.g. in a report based on accounts and quotes, I added contacts). I have seen that when I look for the table to add to the report, the table lists is below a connection different from the original one (that is called SSO, as Single Sign On, I suppose) and so I think that when the report is launched, Crystal wants to know who is accessing...

Exchange 2003 Send as Permissions
Hi, I am running a 2003 Exchange server. I set the 'send as' permission via the 'Permissions' (edit ACL) tab for User1 to send on behalf of User2. This then works for around 24 hours, at which point the permissions are removed. I assume that some type of maintenance routine is removing the relevant permissions, not sure why or how however! I know you can set the 'send on behalf of' setting but this displays the mail in a way that the recipient can tell who has really sent the mail - my customer does not want this! Any suggestions (sensible ones anyway) would be great...

Drop-Down Not Working For 1 User
I have an Access DB with a master and replica set up. It has been working great for a long time (close to 5 years) even with constant changes and upgrade. In a form I have a combo box tied to a query pulling from a table. This way I am able to provide options that only apply to the specific work entered into the form. The query pulls and sorts. This field works great in the master (for me). One user, however, can click on the combo box and a blank box opens, if she clicks in the blank area, something will be selected. If she types a value that is on the list, she get's an err...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Exchange, Win, AD 2000 to 2003 upgrade
I'm planning out the upgrade of a 2000 AD and Exchange 2000 all on separate W2k boxes (FE & BE config) to a fully AD/Win/Exch 2003 environment. I'm planning on the following steps: 1) Upgrade Exch 2000 FE to Exch 2003 FE 2) Upgrade Exch 2000 BE to Exch 2003 BE 3) Upgrade FE to Win 2003 4) Upgrade BE to Win 2003 5) Upgrade 2000 AD to 2003 I'm trying to figure out any advantages to doing the AD upgrade before or after the Exchange upgrades. I've seen it recommended to do it first, but it seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other to me. Can't find any tech doc th...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Office v.X will not work for all users
Have had Office V.X working on a multi-user machine. However recently it has totally stopped working for one of the users. No office programs will launch at all. When I'm logged into my account (I'm the adminsitrator - haha)I have no problems with any of the Office programs. Any clues - I do not want to do a full remove and re- install and I'm not even sure that will fix it. Thanks - MartyL In article 790901c47670$14f82d00$a501280a@phx.gbl, MartyL at anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote on 7/30/04 13:02: > Have had Office V.X working on a multi-user machine. &...

Sharring contacts folder with multiple user accounts?
My wife and I have different user accounts set up in Windows XP. Is there a way we can share our contacts in Outlook 2003? Thank You On 10/21/2003 9:12 PM, cidw@juno.com wrote: > My wife and I have different user accounts set up in Windows XP. Is there a > way we can share our contacts in Outlook 2003? What you can do is creating a new Personal File Folder and mounting it as a secondary PST and then share this file with your wife. You should please this file outside of the Documents and Settings folder. If you HD is NTFS formatted, make sure you allow your wife's user acco...

Outlook 2007 Calendar-cannot share calendar with Free/Busy Permiss
I have a manager that insists that she could share her calendar and give only Free/Busy permissions and the recipient could only see the blocked times without being able to open/read anything. When I try to share my calendar using "Share My Calendar" or manually entering the Permissions for a recipient, the only way that they can see anything is if it is set to Reviewer/Full Details. The Free/Busy seems to work only when using the Scheduling Assistance where it shows you the recipients blocked times so that meetings don't conflict. I tried copying my calendar and t...

Linked activities for users??
Is there anyway to see all the linked activities (sent/received email, etc) for a User in CRM? For contacts, they have the activities tab. For Users, I don't see anything. Do you have to go search the entire Activities list? In Workplace you can display Activities. The default views do not include a 'user' (Owner), but using the method below you can modify the 'All Activities' view to include the Owner ans then sort by Owner to get all their activities displayed. Open a web browser on the crm server and copy the required link into the browser - replace crmserver w...

Exchange NDR's and back splatter
We have a Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2003 environment. We are experiencing back splatter that needs to stopped. We have several old domains we still hold out on the internet and we are recieving spam that gets routed internally before we kill (Most of it ) via our anti-spam service. What gets through and is ndr'd is rejected by our 2003 server since it doesn't have a defined domain for it. In the old 5.5 system routing definitions defined who was authoritative for a mail domain but not sure how to do this in 2003 and our 2003 Exchange server is now our bridgehead. Could someone ...

Money 2007 H&B Invoice Designer
Hello All, I am struggling with the Invoice Designer.....it either messes up my logo (too large or too narrow) or when I try to re-dimension anything I completely lose the lay-out. Is there any way to design/edit the invoice templates outside Invoice Designer? Maybe opening with another software? Any help will mostly appreciated. Thanks! Deca yes, you can. See thread http://groups.google.nl/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/6f1fcc7846a548e0/52b49f5b26bf90c3?lnk=st&q=invoice+designer&rnum=1&hl=nl#52b49f5b26bf90c3 Deca Flecha de Lima schreef: > Hello All, ...

Stop users modifying distribution lists
Hi, I am new to E2K We have a problem with global address lists or distribution groups within the GAL basically we do not want the users to be able to modify these groups when using outlook. I have looked at permissions etc but dread changing anything as i have read other posts on google where this has gone wrong. Is it possible to stop users modifying the lists in outlook. I would suspect it would have something to do with being a manager of the said distribution group so no one else can change it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- 'In the land of the blind the one eyed man is...

Clear all off a users calendar
I have a user who messed up his calendar after a few synchs gone bad. He would like to erase all from his exchange calendar and then synch with his local calendar. Is there an easy way to clear out a users calendar? thanks -- Craig "MRNews" <nf@no.com> wrote in message news:O6XVqbb2KHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user who messed up his calendar after a few synchs gone bad. He >would like to erase all from his exchange calendar and then synch with his >local calendar. Is there an easy way to clear out a users calendar? > &...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Exchange 2003 Statistics
How do you find out the number of emails your Exchange server processes per day? Senior administration loves these statistics but I don't know where to extract this information. Looking for the number of emails sent internally vs. externally. Message Tracking logs, PerfMon, 3rd party products (you can start your research at www.quest.com). Shawn wrote: > How do you find out the number of emails your Exchange server processes per > day? Senior administration loves these statistics but I don't know where to > extract this information. Looking for the number of emails s...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

user files in exchange
How can I program exchange to delete "delete" folder contents after 5 days? How about the "sent" contents after 30 days? thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES rrego@njpies.org Hi Raul You dont mention what version of Exchange you have, but you can use the Mailbox Manager feature, here are some links that should help you out: Exchange 5.5 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305109 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/maintain/mailmg.mspx Exchange 2000 SP1 & Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278024 ...

Publisher SB Edition 2003 Keeps Shutting Down
Please help, everytime I try to open a file in publisher I get an error message and it keeps shutting down, the message states 'publisher failed to start correctly - do you want to open in safe mode' (i'm not very technical so any help would be great) Thanks ...

Cannot remove Exchange 5.5 Server from Site!
Hi everyone - I have an Exchange 5.5 system with 4 NT4.0 SP6a Servers all running 5.5 SP4. I have to remove the first server in the site and have completed the migration of the first server in site roles to one of the new Exchange servers. BUT - now when I shut down the server I am trying to de-commission (as a test to see what happens with it turned off), some of my Outlook 97 users and Outlook 2001 Mac Edition users freeze up. It appears that with the OL97 PC Clients, deleting the profile and re-creating it works OK. HOWEVER, re-building the OL 2001 profiles on the Apple Macs has no effect...

hi, i am trying to add a user to Outlook..???
hi, i am trying to set up my email account in Outlook on POP3/STMP and am not having any luck - can anyone suggest what i may be doing wrong please. Ta.. Melissa Melissa, We need you to provide more information. What is the question or what are the errors you are experiencing. Also what version of Outlook Regards, Francine Otterson Prez, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Outlook "Melissa" wrote: > hi, i am trying to set up my email account in Outlook on POP3/STMP and am not > having any luck - can anyone suggest what i may be doing wrong please. Ta.. > Meliss...

Server 2003
I am getting an error message while running the database on Server 2003. The error is at the terminals of something to the effect of Cannot Recognize the Database. Some here think it has to do with permissions for the server. Right now we are running the database on computer attached to the network through the server, but that isn't really what we want. Any help? We use Win2003 without any problems. In fact I upgraded one last night to SQL Express. I suppose that the log in and password for the database could be wrong. We use SQL authentication, not windows authentication. C...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...