Migrating users from 5.5 to 5.5, What needs to be copied??

We are currently having problems with our Exchange server
5.5 running service pack3.  We want to migrate all the
users settings to another server running windows 2000
server and using windows exchange server 5.5.  What
exactly needs to be be backed up so that we will be able
to get all users settings from the old box???
0
anonymous (74721)

If you're moving to new hardware, and the existing server
is up to it, then you can achieve the move with
practically no downtime following the Ed Crowley method...

http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm

Good luck,

Chris
www.msexchange.co.uk

0
anonymous (74721)

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

Copy data from one worksheet to another
Dear All, I've a worksheet contains records belong to "complete" and "incomplete" status. And I need to seperate these records manually into two seperated worksheets "complete" and "incomplete". I just wonder is there any formula to show only records which are "complete" status in a worksheet and "incomplete" in another worksheet ? It's quite clumsy to do the sorting and cut & paste to another worksheet everytime. Any idea? Thanks Best Rdgs Ellis Hi Ellis Three ways Manual Use AutoFilter and copy the visibl...

need to print personal checks with preprinted checks excel, word
i have versacheck software that is missing a file. would like to get away from dependency of other software and use excel or word 2000 software. is there a template that i can use as is or modify? thank you. such templates can only be provided by the check makers. however, what you can do is to make multiple copies of the pre- printed check forms to use for experimenting with designing your own template in word, excel or access. my suggestion would be to use excel because you can resize columns with ease. plus with a some formulas, you can also keep a tally of t...

User authentication when launching Crystal Report
Hi gurus, when I run a report from inside Ms CRM, the system asks user and password. I type my user and password (as I did at the logon time) and all is fine, but I do not want that. This behaviour only applies to those reports in which I added objects (e.g. in a report based on accounts and quotes, I added contacts). I have seen that when I look for the table to add to the report, the table lists is below a connection different from the original one (that is called SSO, as Single Sign On, I suppose) and so I think that when the report is launched, Crystal wants to know who is accessing...

Drop-Down Not Working For 1 User
I have an Access DB with a master and replica set up. It has been working great for a long time (close to 5 years) even with constant changes and upgrade. In a form I have a combo box tied to a query pulling from a table. This way I am able to provide options that only apply to the specific work entered into the form. The query pulls and sorts. This field works great in the master (for me). One user, however, can click on the combo box and a blank box opens, if she clicks in the blank area, something will be selected. If she types a value that is on the list, she get's an err...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Office v.X will not work for all users
Have had Office V.X working on a multi-user machine. However recently it has totally stopped working for one of the users. No office programs will launch at all. When I'm logged into my account (I'm the adminsitrator - haha)I have no problems with any of the Office programs. Any clues - I do not want to do a full remove and re- install and I'm not even sure that will fix it. Thanks - MartyL In article 790901c47670$14f82d00$a501280a@phx.gbl, MartyL at anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote on 7/30/04 13:02: > Have had Office V.X working on a multi-user machine. &...

copying error
I have a workbook with merged cells. Yesterday I was able to copy selected cells (including the merged) and paste into powerpoint. Today when I try to copy, I get the message "Cannot change part of a merged cell" I am not trying to change anything - only copy Anybody have a clue what the problem is? Glen It appears to be a filter issue. I have columns that are merged. All of the rows contain a code for tasks that are either Done or Active. When there is no filter, I can copy and paste OK. If I set the filter, I get the message "Cannot change part of a merged cell"...

Sharring contacts folder with multiple user accounts?
My wife and I have different user accounts set up in Windows XP. Is there a way we can share our contacts in Outlook 2003? Thank You On 10/21/2003 9:12 PM, cidw@juno.com wrote: > My wife and I have different user accounts set up in Windows XP. Is there a > way we can share our contacts in Outlook 2003? What you can do is creating a new Personal File Folder and mounting it as a secondary PST and then share this file with your wife. You should please this file outside of the Documents and Settings folder. If you HD is NTFS formatted, make sure you allow your wife's user acco...

Linked activities for users??
Is there anyway to see all the linked activities (sent/received email, etc) for a User in CRM? For contacts, they have the activities tab. For Users, I don't see anything. Do you have to go search the entire Activities list? In Workplace you can display Activities. The default views do not include a 'user' (Owner), but using the method below you can modify the 'All Activities' view to include the Owner ans then sort by Owner to get all their activities displayed. Open a web browser on the crm server and copy the required link into the browser - replace crmserver w...

Replying to emails causes an unwanted copy in Inbox
Hello I have checked my settings and options mulitple times and can't seem to find what is causing this.. Any time someone sends me an email, and I choose to "Reply" or "Reply All", I get a copy of my own reply in my inbox, when in the email To: field my address is nowhere to be seen. I have chosen my settings to save a copy of sent emails in the Sent folder, which they do, but still I get a copy in my inbox. Am I missing something here? Thanks! Do you have a rule that is copying "sent items" somewhere? "andrew" <heldorado@comcast.net>...

Stop users modifying distribution lists
Hi, I am new to E2K We have a problem with global address lists or distribution groups within the GAL basically we do not want the users to be able to modify these groups when using outlook. I have looked at permissions etc but dread changing anything as i have read other posts on google where this has gone wrong. Is it possible to stop users modifying the lists in outlook. I would suspect it would have something to do with being a manager of the said distribution group so no one else can change it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- 'In the land of the blind the one eyed man is...

Clear all off a users calendar
I have a user who messed up his calendar after a few synchs gone bad. He would like to erase all from his exchange calendar and then synch with his local calendar. Is there an easy way to clear out a users calendar? thanks -- Craig "MRNews" <nf@no.com> wrote in message news:O6XVqbb2KHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user who messed up his calendar after a few synchs gone bad. He >would like to erase all from his exchange calendar and then synch with his >local calendar. Is there an easy way to clear out a users calendar? > &...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

CProgressCtrl help needed
Hi, I am writing a dialog-based mfc application for a smartphone. There is a dialog in app, which is a login page with username and password field with OK button. When a user clicks OK button, and tries to login, I show a progress bar using CProgressCtrl class. In the background I verify that username and password match. If it matches, I go to the next dialog and ProgressBar works fine.But, If username and password do not match, I give error messagebox to user and stay in the same login dialog. Now, the progressbar should show 0 progress (or disappear). I set the position of ProgressCtrl to 0...

Need help to create a query
Hi. I need to build a query, that I don't know if it's easy or difficult. I have a production plan. I in this production plan I have the product that i'm to produce. Image: ProductA ProductB ProductA and ProductB are composed by several other products, such as sugar, milk, chocolat, etc... When, to help my colleage a build a query that tells her to many quantaty of each ingreadient she needs to produce all products, in this case Product A and B. This querie says how much quantaty she nedd of sugar and the name of the lot where the sugar is. This query insert the query...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Copying existing sheets to another Workbook
I need help copying an existing sheet along with the links on that sheet to another workbook. I have two workbooks, say Workbook1 and Workbook2. They are the same exact workbooks with the same worksheets in them, the same layout. Only the data is different. In workbook 1 I have inserted a sheet that summarizes the data from the other sheets in that workbook. Now I want to copy that sheet to Workbook2 so that I don't have to make a summary page for Workbook2. The problem is that the sheet has links in it and when I copy and/or move the sheet to the new workbook those links are still ...

hi, i am trying to add a user to Outlook..???
hi, i am trying to set up my email account in Outlook on POP3/STMP and am not having any luck - can anyone suggest what i may be doing wrong please. Ta.. Melissa Melissa, We need you to provide more information. What is the question or what are the errors you are experiencing. Also what version of Outlook Regards, Francine Otterson Prez, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Outlook "Melissa" wrote: > hi, i am trying to set up my email account in Outlook on POP3/STMP and am not > having any luck - can anyone suggest what i may be doing wrong please. Ta.. > Meliss...

Need Help Programming #3
If I was programming is old Basic this is how I would do it. 10 Input "Material Cost", MC 20 Input "Percent Rate", PR 30 Input "Number Years", NY 40 For A=1 to NY 50 MC=MC*PR 60 Next 70 Print MC I just need to know how to do this in Excel. Thanks! AlfD Wrote: > Hi! > > If you want to see each year's figure: > > Put 1995, 1996,..... across row 1 > In A2 put 100 > In B2 put =A2*1.03 > Copy across row 2. > Format the row as currency. > > You might sometime want to use variable inflation rates instead of > constant 3%....

Cannot remove Exchange 5.5 Server from Site!
Hi everyone - I have an Exchange 5.5 system with 4 NT4.0 SP6a Servers all running 5.5 SP4. I have to remove the first server in the site and have completed the migration of the first server in site roles to one of the new Exchange servers. BUT - now when I shut down the server I am trying to de-commission (as a test to see what happens with it turned off), some of my Outlook 97 users and Outlook 2001 Mac Edition users freeze up. It appears that with the OL97 PC Clients, deleting the profile and re-creating it works OK. HOWEVER, re-building the OL 2001 profiles on the Apple Macs has no effect...

user files in exchange
How can I program exchange to delete "delete" folder contents after 5 days? How about the "sent" contents after 30 days? thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES rrego@njpies.org Hi Raul You dont mention what version of Exchange you have, but you can use the Mailbox Manager feature, here are some links that should help you out: Exchange 5.5 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305109 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/maintain/mailmg.mspx Exchange 2000 SP1 & Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278024 ...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...