migrating from 5.5

We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the
best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name.
1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003
server in the same site and use the migration wizard?
2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site
and then once in native mode rename the site?
3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a
different domain?
0
anonymous (74721)

Exchange Standard to Enterprise 5.5 part 2
My final question on this topic (I hope) I installed Enterprise over my Standard, do I need to reapply service pack 4?? mike Yes. Although you are installing a different edition of Exchange, the binaries of those files are lower than Service Pack 4, so you will have to re-install SP4. -- Iona Wilson Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. **Disclaimer** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mike" <nosmap> wrote in message news:7KadncyPipIbsafdRVn-hw@sed...

Rules #5
Reference the Rule: Send any message CC:'d to me to a specific folder. (I am am using Office XP) I am trying to redirect my all messages to me CC: to a specific folder. However, I receive mail from email addresses that are forwarded to my ISP address. For example, my ISP address is cpugh01@comcast.net but my business address is cpugh@sbs.com , which is forwarded to my ISP. The rule to send all mail that is CC:'d to me to a specific folder does not work except for the real ISP address. How can I add cpugh@sbs.com as "me" so the rule will work? Or, make the rule work...

rounding in multiples of 5
Hi, How do I ensure the cell content is always a multiple of 5 without running a macro? I currently have the following formula in the cell, which only works to modify if the contents are below 5: =IF(C6>0,IF(C16+C17<5,5,MROUND(C16+C17,5)),0) Can someone help? Thanks! USe data validation on cells where you want the user to enter the values that are multioples of 5 by selecting Custom and entering the following: - =MOD(A1,5)=0 If the result is not zero it will give an error message "Jason" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ORhv%23lSiEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

To set up and print two pages on one 8.5 x 11 landscape sheet?
I am trying to set up two pages each 5.5 wide by 8.5 high on one 8.5 x 11 landscape sheet to print in an 5.5 x 8.5 binder so I need the inside margin to be wider. I can't find this in my Office 2000 help or on line. It seems so simple and while they have postcards and other sizes they don't seem to have half size side by side. Serena Is this a Publisher question?? Setup your page for 8.5 x 11 landscape Then set your layout guides the way you want Arrange | Layout Guides. I usually set a vertical center line at 5.5 then put guides where I want the gutter. Then...

Problems with Window in Dialog Owner Draw? #5
I Skin the CDialog based windows,in the window,the Minbox and MaxBox and CloseBox are exist,the title bar are Owner drawed of cause and the three "button",They show well,but the button in the task bar that stand for the Dialog ,does not work well, when the dialog is active,you click the button in task bar the dialog can not hide(Or as we say the dialog in min state.). thanks, Tylor ...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

Cannot remove Exchange 5.5 Server from Site!
Hi everyone - I have an Exchange 5.5 system with 4 NT4.0 SP6a Servers all running 5.5 SP4. I have to remove the first server in the site and have completed the migration of the first server in site roles to one of the new Exchange servers. BUT - now when I shut down the server I am trying to de-commission (as a test to see what happens with it turned off), some of my Outlook 97 users and Outlook 2001 Mac Edition users freeze up. It appears that with the OL97 PC Clients, deleting the profile and re-creating it works OK. HOWEVER, re-building the OL 2001 profiles on the Apple Macs has no effect...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

GP 7.5 Grant Management
Looking for a custom report (either crystal, report writer, etc. doesn't matter) for GP 7.5 Grant Management (formerly Encore). For a grant, client wants to see by account actual versus budget inception-to-date. Looking for someone that has already developed such a report or tried to develop. Thanks, John ...

folder migration
I am working on migrating outlook express folders from a old computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I used the file/Import,Export feature but not all of the folders contain information. There are a total of six folders that need to be Imported. Outlook created the folders under personal folder but only two contain the messages. The other four are empty. I have tried to move them individually with no success. If anyone has a theory on how to accomplish this please let me know. Thank you. Chad ...

Data Migration Question 02-19-04
OK, Perhaps I was too general and hopeful in my prior post about migrating from one domain to another (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.a sp? ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.crm&sMessageI D=%253C123e501c3f59d%2524223a9100%2524a501280a@phx.gbl% 253E) I am having issues in migrating data from my test CRM system to a simulated production environment (My project manager needs to know how long it is going to take next month when we go live.) Realistically all I really want to migrate is: PriceLevelBase ProductBase ProductPriceLevelBase Subj...

Migrating Tasks with Data Migration Framework
I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) & emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks (19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message isnt of much help to nail down the issue. I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user ...

openldap and migration wizard
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C459E1.119508F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with sendmail and openldap running on = it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new exchange 2003 server, = i've already installed the exchange server and everything is ready for = the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to = extract the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows a = "Invalid DN syntax" ...

CRM Migration from One Business Unit to Other 12-25-03
Hi, We have a MS CRM Server with MSDN Subscribtion Licenses for testing, during that we imported some of OutLook Contacts and some other records are created in CRM Server . After Testing we decided that we will purchase CRM Licenses, but what i want to know is that can import this records(Leads, Accounts and Contacts) in New Ms CRM Server installation with our company Business Unit Licenses? Thanks in advance. Mushtaq ...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...

Exchange 5.5 currentTime
I am currently working on a replication system between 5.5 and 2000. Since Exchange 5.5 does not have a USNchanged Var in its directory, I am using the currentTime Comparision with the modifyTime. I am having trouble at getting the currentTime of the root. Here is the code. dir = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://" & SeverNm & "/rootDSE", servUser, ServPas) test = dir.Properties("currentTime").Item(0) test2 = dir.Properties("currentTime").Value I am getting a unidentified error. Thanks Robert ...

Windows Mobile 5.0
Does anyone have any idea where I can find the Windows Mobile 5.0 software, not the SDK or Uninstall Package? I say that because that´s all I´ve found and I´ve been all over the Internet. Can´t find it anywhere. Thanks in advance. S. Wiley Windows Mobile 5 software comes pre-installed on Windows Mobile devices. There's no way that I know of to buy it without hardware. So, the question is, what do you want to do with it once you have it? You can't load it onto a Windows Mobile device. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility BV www.cwrmobility.com/web...

How to migrate 4 exchange 5.5 to one exchange 2003
Dear all, Our company are using 4 exchange 5.5 server with different domain name. All of the servers were link up with the site connector and use the MTA for internal mail. And now we would like to upgrade to Exchange 2003 in one server. I am using ADC tools to migrate, I have upgraded to Excahnge 2003 successful but it only connected to one server only. I can view the entire sever in exchange 2003 tree but all of them were dim. How to migrate the remained server? Please provide the solution or suggustion to me, many thanks! Best Regards, Mino ...

Cannot connect to Exchange 5.5 server with Outlook 2003
I have upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 on my XP SP2 computer. I had troubles with the Outlook install and removed and re-installed. I am able to open POP mail, but cannot connect to our Exchange 5.5 server. I have applied all the patches for Office 2003. I believe I have tried all applicable command line switches. I have disabled cache mode and encryption. Help would be appreciated. Alan Just to add to this, I am having the exact same problem... >-----Original Message----- >I have upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 on my XP >SP2 computer. I had troubles w...