migrate

How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server
5.5 with another site and organisation
0
anonymous (74721)

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Migration Wizard 5.5 to 2003 Enterprise
I am about to migrate users from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Are there any restrictions on the number of users that can be selected and migrated at one time? Not really the application is multithreaded. Your limitation is likely to be transaction log buildup and mapi errors rather imo "cghoerichs@yahoo.com" wrote: > I am about to migrate users from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Are there any > restrictions on the number of users that can be selected and migrated > at one time? > > Are you sure you need the migration wizard? Is there a compelling reason you aren't doi...

Migration BCM to CRM 3.0
Hi All, This weekend I will be migrating from BCM to CRM 3.0 (on SBS 2003) and was hoping to get a heads up on the following: 1) clarify a "Known Issues with the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager" point that sticks out in the documentation and in my long hours of reading online namely: "The link between activities and parent accounts and contacts is not preserved during migration. If you have accounts or contacts in Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager that have activities, such as tasks or appointments, associated wit...

Data migration wizard automation
We have more than 600 users data to import into our CRM4 implementation. We have developped extractor to build csv file and use the data migration wizard to import those files. For every user data files, we have to click button, make choice, etc... We are looking for a way to automate or script the use of the wizard. Any hint? May try to prepare the import files and combine all of them together with a column for the different ownership/users, so it will default to the proper user. Or look into more advance importing tool such as Scribe Software for Microsoft CRM vs. DMM if you woul...

folder migration
I am working on migrating outlook express folders from a old computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I used the file/Import,Export feature but not all of the folders contain information. There are a total of six folders that need to be Imported. Outlook created the folders under personal folder but only two contain the messages. The other four are empty. I have tried to move them individually with no success. If anyone has a theory on how to accomplish this please let me know. Thank you. Chad ...

Win2000 DC / Exchange 2000 box Migrate to New SBS2003/Exchange2003
I have inherited a client who currently has a Windows 2000 Domain controller with Exchange 2000 installed on it. This is a very small network with 4 main users. The mailboxes are quite large. We have purchased a new SBS 2003 machine with Exchange 2003 on it. I want to migrate to the new machine, but every site seems to give a different answer. Some say I can't do it. Some suggest the Swing method ( I do have another SBS 2003 server I can use). The more I read, the more confused I become. I've set up several "new" exchange servers, but never had to migrate old d...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Linking Accounts to Contacts using Data Migration
Hi, I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not found what I need to do to link them......in other words, have the Contacts show as Contacts for the specific accounts. Where can I find information or the specifics on what I need to do? I've looked through the self help, and data migration guide. Thank you! Voni I believe I have it figured out.....the two record types need to be imported in the same run. "Voni" wrote: > Hi, > > I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not > found what I need to...

Migration from Exch5.5 to Exch2003 #2
Here's my current setup: 1 NT4 PDC 1 NT4 BDC which also hosts Exch5.5 all with the latest SPs (OS and Exch SPs), and I only got 1 NT4 domain I've read quite a few posts @ microsoft.public.windows.server.migration group. The recommended upgrade is like the following: - Install NT4 on a new server as a BDC on the network - Syncs with all domain controllers to get the latest update - Promote it to a PDC (at this point, the original PDC gets demoted to a BDC, so I have 2 BDCs) - Install W2003 server and AD on the new PDC Sounds like an easy task but at this point I'm not sure if my...

Using Data Migration Framework to import Contacts and Accounts
I am trying to use the DMF to import data into Contacts and Accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to import data into accounts successfully. However if I try to import Contact data, it is not successful. I have tried both importing Contact data alongside Account data, and also just Contact data. Either way the import wizard runs but does not import Contacts. Is there something else that needs to be done to import Contacts? Also, is there a special procedure for linking up imported Contacts and Accounts? Right now I am simply setting the AccountID in the cdf_Contact database to create the...

Migration Tool
Is ther any migration tool to convert a .nsf mail box for a .PST file, to be read in Outlook? Tks a lot. vborges@vbinformatica.com.br <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is ther any migration tool to convert a .nsf mail box for > a .PST file, to be read in Outlook? What is ".nsf mailbox"? What app uses it? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. Yes, the M...

Exchange 2003 IntraOrg Migration Questions
Hi, These questions might sound a bit silly but I just to be safe. Please assume that I have installed a 2003 server into a 5.5 site. 1) There is no need to migrate DLs and Custom Recipients from 5.5 to 2003 within the same Site/Administrative Group, right? 2) If the 5.5 server is a replica of a public folder from another 5.5 remote site, do I need to ask the administrator of the remote site to add the 2003 server as a replica also? Thanks in advance, Alex ...

Migration
I'm having trouble migrating compagnies to a new servert. I've gone threw the new server, created the compagnies names exactly the same names and I can export the majority of the tables to the new server. About 40 tables did not transfer. I can see my employee cards everything seems ok but I can't add employee, create a batch...run existing batch. I've also done a backup and tryed restoring it on the new server. The error I have is "This recod has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes won't be saved." What is the proper way for migrating ...

after migrating to a new domain no free/busy info
Hey, After we migrated users from one domain to another we have no free/busy information for any old calendar events. The new domain was not a child domain of the old one or vice versa. Both exchange servers are 2003. Would this fall under the same resolution when this issue happens after migrating from 5.5 to 2000? Thanks for any help. "Thurman" <Thurman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After we migrated users from one domain to another we have no free/busy >information for any old calendar events. If they occur in the past, why would that matter? >The n...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Is the CRM Data Migration Framework compatible with CRM 1.2?
I am attempting to use the MS CRM Data Migration Framework to move data into CRM via the CDF staging database. We are running version 1.2 of CRM and I am attempting to use the Data Migration Framework that is currently available on the Microsoft Partners page. When I attempt to run the CDF Initialization tool (Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.InitializeCDF.exe, which is tagges as version 1.0.3107.0) I receive a message stating that the version of the CDF database differs from that of the CRM databases. I can see the CDF database in SQL Server Enterprise Manager, so the Migration Framew...

Migration Wizard
Help! I get "Windows SBS 2008 Migration Wizard has stopped working" Problem details are Description: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: migrationwizard.exe When trying to run Mig Wizard on new SBS2008 Server from 2003. Everything else looks OK - email flow, mailboxes, etc. Other tasks in SBS Console run OK. Not sure what is in the Mig Wiz so just want make sure I do everything required! Any ideas much appreciated Hello Neil, Thanks for your post. If you are using the built-in Administrator accou...

Migration question #11
I have exchange 5.5 and exchange 2003 setup. Most placed recommend move mailboxes first and then rehome the connectors such as IMC. Is it ok to rehome the connector and then move mailboxes? thanks try this article http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating_Exchange_5_5_to_2003.html "sean" <nosean@noemail.gmail.com> wrote in message news:OwoGIDzCHHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have exchange 5.5 and exchange 2003 setup. > Most placed recommend move mailboxes first and > then rehome the connectors such as IMC. Is it ok to rehome the connector > and t...

5.5 to 2003 migration & calendar problems
We have successfully migrated (almost) from exchange 5.5 to 2003. All accounts and connectors have been moved and replication has completed. When we shut down the 5.5 server to make sure the 2003 server handles everything we have calendar problems. People can not view other peoples calendars without the 5.5 machine running. We used the pfmigrate tool and fee/busy has been moved. Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks You will likely have 2 Free/Busy folders that both need to be on the 2003 box. Are new profiles affected? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided &quo...

Authentication and Migrating users to a new domain
Hi, Firstly, let me say that i've got zero experience with BP apart from being a user:) The situation we have is: Our BP users currently log onto an old NT4 domain. The BP administrator when adding accounts, selects the user by selecting the domain, then group, then the user. The accounts are in the process of being migrated to an AD which has a different name as the nt4 domain. We are using SIDhistory and the SID from the nt4 account is appended to the AD account. The migrated accounts in BP do not work and the administrator has to manually delete the nt4 account, then add the acc...

ADAM to AD LDS Migration
We have an ADAM instance (Windows Server 2003 sp2) on an old server and would like to migrate it to AD LDS (Windows Server 2008 sp1) on a new server. It contains about 6 million entries and takes uses about 24 gb of storage. Is it possible to copy the .dit file from the old server to the new? If not, are there any isseus besides network traffic in building the AD LDS instance and having the ADAM instance replicate to it? Hi picking the DIT from a downlevel ADAM is not supported as far as I know. Replication from ADAM to AD LDS is OK if the servers are domain-joined but does not...

ADMT
We are migrating our current Windows 2000 Active Directory domain into a brand new (and appropriately named) domain using the Active Directory Migration Tool 2.0. We have a single domain and a single Exchange 2000 server. We are not upgrading Active Directory or Exchange in this migration. All users, groups and computers will be migrated to this new domain, including the Exchange server. Should the migration tool be able to successfully migrate everything without having to build another Exchange server in the target domain first? I have successfully tested migrating users, groups and mach...

migration from Exch5.5 to Exch2003
We have branch office where NT40 domain is installed. There is also Exchange 5.5 installed. I plan to create AD 2003 site in that office, which also includes installing Exchange 2003 server(there exists two way trust between AD domain and NT40 domain). I want all mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to be moved on that Exchange 2003 server. First I have to put DC in site (GC on it) and move all users accounts on AD. Can I move mailboxes to Exchange 2003 without installing ADC in site (for example export from Exch5.5 and import to Exch2003)? I had the same worry last year, but actually, if your ...

migration
I, too, am having 'difficulty' migrating email folders from OE to Outlook; I tried copying the folder 'Exchange' which is supposed to contain the "Exported" folders. I could not Import them. I traced the 'save' mail process, and found a file under Windows/Applications that contained the folders; so i copied them to cdr; they are designated as dbx files. I copied them to a folder on the new C drive. And tried to import them: "Mail folder could not be opened" When i d click on the folder in Outlook, nothing opens; but when i d-click on the folde...

Access denied to OWA after migration
We recently migrated from nt4 domain to AD and also from Exch 5.5 to 2003. I had the OWA working fine and some of the users are still able to access OWA. The others are getting access denied even when their attributes say they have access. is there anything special I should look for? Or is there something I need to do besides blowing away the Exchange properties and rebuilding?? Thanks, Rob Can you describe your environment a little more? Single E2k3 server, or front-end server as well? Also, what exactly is happening? Are they getting prompted for credentials 3 times and then denied? --...