migrate

How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server
5.5 with another site and organisation
0
anonymous (74717)

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

folder migration
I am working on migrating outlook express folders from a old computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I used the file/Import,Export feature but not all of the folders contain information. There are a total of six folders that need to be Imported. Outlook created the folders under personal folder but only two contain the messages. The other four are empty. I have tried to move them individually with no success. If anyone has a theory on how to accomplish this please let me know. Thank you. Chad ...

Data Migration Question 02-19-04
OK, Perhaps I was too general and hopeful in my prior post about migrating from one domain to another (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.a sp? ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.crm&sMessageI D=%253C123e501c3f59d%2524223a9100%2524a501280a@phx.gbl% 253E) I am having issues in migrating data from my test CRM system to a simulated production environment (My project manager needs to know how long it is going to take next month when we go live.) Realistically all I really want to migrate is: PriceLevelBase ProductBase ProductPriceLevelBase Subj...

Migrating Tasks with Data Migration Framework
I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) & emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks (19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message isnt of much help to nail down the issue. I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user ...

openldap and migration wizard
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C459E1.119508F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with sendmail and openldap running on = it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new exchange 2003 server, = i've already installed the exchange server and everything is ready for = the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to = extract the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows a = "Invalid DN syntax" ...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...

CRM Migration from One Business Unit to Other 12-25-03
Hi, We have a MS CRM Server with MSDN Subscribtion Licenses for testing, during that we imported some of OutLook Contacts and some other records are created in CRM Server . After Testing we decided that we will purchase CRM Licenses, but what i want to know is that can import this records(Leads, Accounts and Contacts) in New Ms CRM Server installation with our company Business Unit Licenses? Thanks in advance. Mushtaq ...

How to migrate 4 exchange 5.5 to one exchange 2003
Dear all, Our company are using 4 exchange 5.5 server with different domain name. All of the servers were link up with the site connector and use the MTA for internal mail. And now we would like to upgrade to Exchange 2003 in one server. I am using ADC tools to migrate, I have upgraded to Excahnge 2003 successful but it only connected to one server only. I can view the entire sever in exchange 2003 tree but all of them were dim. How to migrate the remained server? Please provide the solution or suggustion to me, many thanks! Best Regards, Mino ...

Co-existance during a migration and the GAL: mailbox-enable all users with redirection or mail-enable them first?
Hello, We're migrating a few hundred users from a non-MS mailsystem to E2k3 and for practical reasons, will only migrate a dozen or so users per day. That means the two systems will co-exist for a few months with messages flowing between them via SMTP. In order to maintain the GAL and shortcuts for users left on the old system during the migration, we plan not to delete migrated users' mailboxes; instead we'll redirect any mail to their new Exchange mailbox. On the E2k3 side, should we mailbox-enable all the users in one go in the beginning and redirect messages to the old mailb...

Migrating from Express
I'm changing my wife over from Express to Outlook 2002 because she just purchased a Samsung i730 PDA and phone which will use Active Sync and I believe that it won't work with Express. Basically she wants to keep the look and feel of Express as much as possible. - While she will use the Calendar and maybe other functions, she doesn't want to have her usual Inbox, Sent, etc. mixed in everywhere in the folder list. She also has a number of folders for her clients. I have been experimenting with a copy on my computer and it won't let me change the order. At one point I did...

Migration wizard & Inter-org migration
I have setup a new Exchange 2003 org & synchronized it with a 5.5 org using ADC. My plan is to have the e-mail addresses of the accounts remain the same after the migration (this will be a full flash cut). Before migration, the accounts all look fine as mail-enabled / disabled accounts in AD. When I perform the migration of mailboxes, using the migration wizard, everything goes smooth, however the primary SMTP address is changed to a secondary smtp address. The primary SMTP address doesn't get set until the RUS stamps it based on the recipient policy. What do I have to do t...

Please help me!!! Migrating from Outsourced Exchange to In-House
Hello I am faced with a rather difficult task and dilemma. Here is my scenario: My company currently hosts Microsoft Exchange 2003 with a third-party solution that hosts several thousand accounts from different companies on the same exchange server. We have built an in-house exchange server that is ready for deployment. I need to know the best and most seamless way to transition from the outsourced company to our in-house exchange so that mail delivery is not disrupted. The email address and domain name will remain the same. I have contacted several companies that offer tools for e...

Migrate CRM Data from CRM Server to another CRM Server
we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuilding the staging server? thanks Please ignore - looks like Data Migration Framework is the way to go, based on other posts "Eve" wrote: > we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the > Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a > tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuildi...

Data Migration Framework Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to migrate object: crmActivityUnknownError 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- <a...

Migrate from Outlook express or Windows Live Mail into MS Outlook
Hi, What are the steps to migrate all information contained within my Outlook Express or Windows Live mail for MS Outlook 2007? I migrated from my old PC with Windows XP with Outlook Express to a new PC with Windows 7 and MS Outlook 2007. Thanks http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/convert_oe.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Marco Contreras" <MarcoContreras@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:214AEA14-7940-4...

Anyone migrated from ICVerify to RMS?
I'm not talking about converting from your current processor to Citibank. I'm talking about keeping your same card processor, but customzing the integrated credit card setup in RMS and only using that. -- John M. John, Citibank is the paying bank, not the processor. If you can/already use Vital/VisaNet as your processor, plug the numbers into RMS' so-called Citibank interface, make sure your credit card tender types are setup correctly, zout and go for it. You must have an internet connection instead of direct dial like ICV. Otherwise, no you can't do it. -- * &...

Migrate to 2003 #2
We've set up a new server running Exchange 2003 and migrated all mailboxs etc from our existing Exchange5.5 machine. Can anyone tell me how we can reconfigure the SMTP connector so that it will use the new server and not route via the Internet Mail Connector on the old one? Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=883407 -fasteddie "John S" <js162@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:2C42AD32-25AA-4A1C-B2FC-5BBBC6B1E5D5@microsoft.com... > We've set up a new server running Exchange 2003 and migrated all mailboxs > etc > from our existing Exchange...

MIgration from 5.5 to 2K3
Hi all, I am completing an upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to E2K3. I have an Exchange 5.5 org consisting of a number of sites. when I build a new E2K3 server I select the Site where I would like the server to be located which will now affectively be a routing group. I have run the ADC successfully which has created all the routing group connectors. Running this also exported users from the Exchange 5.5 GAL into a specific OU with disabled accounts. No I recently migrated an office from NT4 to AD using the ADMT tools, so that SID history could be retained. I next migrated the mailbox the...