Migrate users to server in another site

Hi,
I am about to migrate users from one Exchange Server to another. The servers
are in different sites and domains. I thought of moving groups of users with
the "exmerge" utility. In order to get mail delivery to work to users moved
to the new server I am planning to use the "Forward all mail with unresolved
recipients to host" function. However this gives me two problems:

1) How should I get mail from the new Exchange server delivered back to
users still on the old server? Using the "Forward all mail with unresolved
recipients to host" funcition on both servers will generate a loop
situation.

2) When the first mail server receives mail for its primary Internet domain
it generates a relay error. Sending messages to secondary Internet domains
works fine (it forwards the messages to the second server specified in the
Forward setup of the SMTP Virtual Server).

I would be very greatful for any advises on the above questions!

Best regards,

Bjorn Andre Leroen

0
bjole (1)

Copy data from one worksheet to another
Dear All, I've a worksheet contains records belong to "complete" and "incomplete" status. And I need to seperate these records manually into two seperated worksheets "complete" and "incomplete". I just wonder is there any formula to show only records which are "complete" status in a worksheet and "incomplete" in another worksheet ? It's quite clumsy to do the sorting and cut & paste to another worksheet everytime. Any idea? Thanks Best Rdgs Ellis Hi Ellis Three ways Manual Use AutoFilter and copy the visibl...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

User authentication when launching Crystal Report
Hi gurus, when I run a report from inside Ms CRM, the system asks user and password. I type my user and password (as I did at the logon time) and all is fine, but I do not want that. This behaviour only applies to those reports in which I added objects (e.g. in a report based on accounts and quotes, I added contacts). I have seen that when I look for the table to add to the report, the table lists is below a connection different from the original one (that is called SSO, as Single Sign On, I suppose) and so I think that when the report is launched, Crystal wants to know who is accessing...

Drop-Down Not Working For 1 User
I have an Access DB with a master and replica set up. It has been working great for a long time (close to 5 years) even with constant changes and upgrade. In a form I have a combo box tied to a query pulling from a table. This way I am able to provide options that only apply to the specific work entered into the form. The query pulls and sorts. This field works great in the master (for me). One user, however, can click on the combo box and a blank box opens, if she clicks in the blank area, something will be selected. If she types a value that is on the list, she get's an err...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Look out- server dumping Outlook 2003 emails
My server is dumping Outlook 2003 e-mails before they are finally sent to people on the same e-mail network. Everyone else outside this server can recieve Outlook 2003 e-mails fine, but none on the server can? What's this server doing to me? Have anything to do with Outlook going to unicode? What mailserver are you using? Do you only have an Exchange account configured? Also contact your mail administrator to doublecheck your mailbox settings. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slip...

sender filtering on exchange 2003 server
i setup an exchange 2003 server to retreive it's e-mail from a provider's POP3 server for the time being due to the fact that the MX records haven't been changed yet. Now i enabled senderfiltering on my exchange server and it doesn't seem to work Question: Does this have anything to do with the pop3 mailbox of my provider or is there something else going on alltogether?? -- "Computers are useless, they can only give answers...." .. (Pablo Picasso) Obviously no one knows or nobody wants to help "Rik" wrote: > i setup an exchange 2003 server to re...

Office v.X will not work for all users
Have had Office V.X working on a multi-user machine. However recently it has totally stopped working for one of the users. No office programs will launch at all. When I'm logged into my account (I'm the adminsitrator - haha)I have no problems with any of the Office programs. Any clues - I do not want to do a full remove and re- install and I'm not even sure that will fix it. Thanks - MartyL In article 790901c47670$14f82d00$a501280a@phx.gbl, MartyL at anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote on 7/30/04 13:02: > Have had Office V.X working on a multi-user machine. &...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

2 Email servers
Hi, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers on one domain, one site. Users' mailboxes are distributed evenly between the two. I need to drop one server for a few hours to fix some hardware. Should I move mailboxes to the other server, or will incoming mail just wait at the other server until its partner is back up? Thanks Steve not sure your config, but this question is really independent of Exchange version, mail will either queue up or be denied depending on your config. If you are taking down your gateway mail server mail will be returned to the sender, if this server is at least one ...

Open inbox emails that have NOT been retireived from the server
How does one open inbox emails that have NOT been downloaded from the server? What version of Outlook are you using? What kind of server? Why haven't they been downloaded? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "wichitawalt" <wichitawalt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDF74F6F-C5C4-41EC-BC86-54DABEDB35A4@microsoft.com... > How does one open inbox emails th...

Sharring contacts folder with multiple user accounts?
My wife and I have different user accounts set up in Windows XP. Is there a way we can share our contacts in Outlook 2003? Thank You On 10/21/2003 9:12 PM, cidw@juno.com wrote: > My wife and I have different user accounts set up in Windows XP. Is there a > way we can share our contacts in Outlook 2003? What you can do is creating a new Personal File Folder and mounting it as a secondary PST and then share this file with your wife. You should please this file outside of the Documents and Settings folder. If you HD is NTFS formatted, make sure you allow your wife's user acco...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

Linked activities for users??
Is there anyway to see all the linked activities (sent/received email, etc) for a User in CRM? For contacts, they have the activities tab. For Users, I don't see anything. Do you have to go search the entire Activities list? In Workplace you can display Activities. The default views do not include a 'user' (Owner), but using the method below you can modify the 'All Activities' view to include the Owner ans then sort by Owner to get all their activities displayed. Open a web browser on the crm server and copy the required link into the browser - replace crmserver w...

Stop users modifying distribution lists
Hi, I am new to E2K We have a problem with global address lists or distribution groups within the GAL basically we do not want the users to be able to modify these groups when using outlook. I have looked at permissions etc but dread changing anything as i have read other posts on google where this has gone wrong. Is it possible to stop users modifying the lists in outlook. I would suspect it would have something to do with being a manager of the said distribution group so no one else can change it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- 'In the land of the blind the one eyed man is...

Extract Information To Another Worksheet
Hi All, I have a worksheet with Colonm Headings and Data below each heading, except the "Column A" (in some cases it has and in some cases it doesnt). I want to extract all rows where there is data in "Column A" to a separate worksheet. The Entire Row should be copied to the new Worksheet once i enter a value in Column A for each record and the new sheet should be frequently updated from the original list, its like a building list. -- M Imran Buhary In a separate, helper, column in row 2 enter: =--ISBLANK(A2) and copy down Then switch on Autofilter and set this n...

Clear all off a users calendar
I have a user who messed up his calendar after a few synchs gone bad. He would like to erase all from his exchange calendar and then synch with his local calendar. Is there an easy way to clear out a users calendar? thanks -- Craig "MRNews" <nf@no.com> wrote in message news:O6XVqbb2KHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user who messed up his calendar after a few synchs gone bad. He >would like to erase all from his exchange calendar and then synch with his >local calendar. Is there an easy way to clear out a users calendar? > &...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Copying existing sheets to another Workbook
I need help copying an existing sheet along with the links on that sheet to another workbook. I have two workbooks, say Workbook1 and Workbook2. They are the same exact workbooks with the same worksheets in them, the same layout. Only the data is different. In workbook 1 I have inserted a sheet that summarizes the data from the other sheets in that workbook. Now I want to copy that sheet to Workbook2 so that I don't have to make a summary page for Workbook2. The problem is that the sheet has links in it and when I copy and/or move the sheet to the new workbook those links are still ...

2 Ex2k servers in one domain?
I have a single domain with one ex2k server. I just added another ex2k server that I want to share the duties. I moved my mailbox to the new server. Now no one can send me mail. Mail sent to me sits in a que on the old mail server. I can send mail to anyone on the old server. I have checked the mx records, I have a routing group set up. What am I missing? any help would be appreciated. "I have a routing group set up" Are both servers in the same one? If you setup the servers in different routing groups you will need a Routing Group connector. "Mail sent to me sits in a que ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

user files in exchange
How can I program exchange to delete "delete" folder contents after 5 days? How about the "sent" contents after 30 days? thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES rrego@njpies.org Hi Raul You dont mention what version of Exchange you have, but you can use the Mailbox Manager feature, here are some links that should help you out: Exchange 5.5 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305109 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/maintain/mailmg.mspx Exchange 2000 SP1 & Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278024 ...

New CRM Install Error: Access is denied to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\FTData
We are trying to install a new instance of CRM with CRM being installed on a VMWare and SQL server being on a remote normal OS environment and this is the error we received. Any ideas? 13:09:52| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Access is denied to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\FTData', or the path is invalid. Full-text search was not installed properly. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.DatabaseInstaller....

Cannot remove Exchange 5.5 Server from Site!
Hi everyone - I have an Exchange 5.5 system with 4 NT4.0 SP6a Servers all running 5.5 SP4. I have to remove the first server in the site and have completed the migration of the first server in site roles to one of the new Exchange servers. BUT - now when I shut down the server I am trying to de-commission (as a test to see what happens with it turned off), some of my Outlook 97 users and Outlook 2001 Mac Edition users freeze up. It appears that with the OL97 PC Clients, deleting the profile and re-creating it works OK. HOWEVER, re-building the OL 2001 profiles on the Apple Macs has no effect...

hi, i am trying to add a user to Outlook..???
hi, i am trying to set up my email account in Outlook on POP3/STMP and am not having any luck - can anyone suggest what i may be doing wrong please. Ta.. Melissa Melissa, We need you to provide more information. What is the question or what are the errors you are experiencing. Also what version of Outlook Regards, Francine Otterson Prez, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Outlook "Melissa" wrote: > hi, i am trying to set up my email account in Outlook on POP3/STMP and am not > having any luck - can anyone suggest what i may be doing wrong please. Ta.. > Meliss...