migrate 5.5 mailbox to 2003

i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to 2003
but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help

Failed to logon to the target mailbox with the address
'x500:/o=GOV/ou=EDUC/cn=Recipients/cn=test23'.

0
drabee (8)

Have you used ADC to replicate from 5.5 to 2003?

"drabee" <drabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to
> 2003
> but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help
>
> Failed to logon to the target mailbox with the address
> 'x500:/o=GOV/ou=EDUC/cn=Recipients/cn=test23'.

0
setesh (33)
5/25/2005 10:20:42 AM
NO,should i ??

"Setesh" wrote:

> Have you used ADC to replicate from 5.5 to 2003?
>
> "drabee" <drabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to
> > 2003
> > but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help
> >
> > Failed to logon to the target mailbox with the address
> > 'x500:/o=GOV/ou=EDUC/cn=Recipients/cn=test23'.

0
drabee (8)
5/25/2005 10:42:01 AM
No ,should i

"Setesh" wrote:

> Have you used ADC to replicate from 5.5 to 2003?
>
> "drabee" <drabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to
> > 2003
> > but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help
> >
> > Failed to logon to the target mailbox with the address
> > 'x500:/o=GOV/ou=EDUC/cn=Recipients/cn=test23'.

0
drabee (8)
5/25/2005 10:42:02 AM
No,should i try?

"Setesh" wrote:

> Have you used ADC to replicate from 5.5 to 2003?
>
> "drabee" <drabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to
> > 2003
> > but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help
> >
> > Failed to logon to the target mailbox with the address
> > 'x500:/o=GOV/ou=EDUC/cn=Recipients/cn=test23'.

0
drabee (8)
5/25/2005 10:46:02 AM
Begin with  this article:

Migrating Mailboxes from an Exchange Server 5.5 Organization to a Separate
Exchange 2000 or Exchange Server 2003 Organization
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328809

How to migrate from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316886/en-us

and this is for ADC requeriments
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253286

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/deploy/dgbl_exc_hllt.asp

"drabee" wrote:

> No,should i try?
>
> "Setesh" wrote:
>
> > Have you used ADC to replicate from 5.5 to 2003?
> >
> > "drabee" <drabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to
> > > 2003
> > > but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help
> > >
> > > Failed to logon to the target mailbox with the address
> > > 'x500:/o=GOV/ou=EDUC/cn=Recipients/cn=test23'.

0
Ventura (3)

Exchange Standard to Enterprise 5.5 part 2
My final question on this topic (I hope) I installed Enterprise over my Standard, do I need to reapply service pack 4?? mike Yes. Although you are installing a different edition of Exchange, the binaries of those files are lower than Service Pack 4, so you will have to re-install SP4. -- Iona Wilson Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. **Disclaimer** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mike" <nosmap> wrote in message news:7KadncyPipIbsafdRVn-hw@sed...

Rules #5
Reference the Rule: Send any message CC:'d to me to a specific folder. (I am am using Office XP) I am trying to redirect my all messages to me CC: to a specific folder. However, I receive mail from email addresses that are forwarded to my ISP address. For example, my ISP address is cpugh01@comcast.net but my business address is cpugh@sbs.com , which is forwarded to my ISP. The rule to send all mail that is CC:'d to me to a specific folder does not work except for the real ISP address. How can I add cpugh@sbs.com as "me" so the rule will work? Or, make the rule work...

Create mailbox rights
Hi all, I need to grant helpdesk employees the ability to create mailboxes. Where is the permission set for this right? Here is the request I got from the help manager: Can you verify or who do we get rights from to create new user email accounts for your domain? We can create the AD account, but not the email. (We have several child domain in the same forest here) Thanks for help! Grant the group of helpdesk employees the Exchange View-Only Administrator role by using the Delegation wizard. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" &...

rounding in multiples of 5
Hi, How do I ensure the cell content is always a multiple of 5 without running a macro? I currently have the following formula in the cell, which only works to modify if the contents are below 5: =IF(C6>0,IF(C16+C17<5,5,MROUND(C16+C17,5)),0) Can someone help? Thanks! USe data validation on cells where you want the user to enter the values that are multioples of 5 by selecting Custom and entering the following: - =MOD(A1,5)=0 If the result is not zero it will give an error message "Jason" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ORhv%23lSiEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit.
We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit... Please put your question in the body of your post. The subject isn't big enough. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Des" <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:445B6C35-2C3B-4BB3-BDC2-438B4281DCC5@microsoft.com... > We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit... Des <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Outlook 2003 keeps corrupting my PST
I have used Outlook for years now, but not until 2003 have I been ready to throw it out the window. My experience has been: 1) OL constantly gets locked up forcing me to kill the process - it often pegs the processor at 100% 2) OL constantly corrupts the PST - I often have to use SCAN PST 4-5 times a day. Corruptions do not always follow lock-up, but often do. 3) I constantly get messages saying OL is low on resources and then it will not allow an operation such as saving the email (so I can restart and complete), or send 4) OL has trouble exporting to other files, moving messages to f...

Free Busy in 2003
Just installed Outlook 2003 on a new server and cannot get others free/busy information. Permissions are not the issue. Under appointment, it says no information available when setting up appointments. ...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Exchange, Win, AD 2000 to 2003 upgrade
I'm planning out the upgrade of a 2000 AD and Exchange 2000 all on separate W2k boxes (FE & BE config) to a fully AD/Win/Exch 2003 environment. I'm planning on the following steps: 1) Upgrade Exch 2000 FE to Exch 2003 FE 2) Upgrade Exch 2000 BE to Exch 2003 BE 3) Upgrade FE to Win 2003 4) Upgrade BE to Win 2003 5) Upgrade 2000 AD to 2003 I'm trying to figure out any advantages to doing the AD upgrade before or after the Exchange upgrades. I've seen it recommended to do it first, but it seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other to me. Can't find any tech doc th...

Problems with Window in Dialog Owner Draw? #5
I Skin the CDialog based windows,in the window,the Minbox and MaxBox and CloseBox are exist,the title bar are Owner drawed of cause and the three "button",They show well,but the button in the task bar that stand for the Dialog ,does not work well, when the dialog is active,you click the button in task bar the dialog can not hide(Or as we say the dialog in min state.). thanks, Tylor ...

To set up and print two pages on one 8.5 x 11 landscape sheet?
I am trying to set up two pages each 5.5 wide by 8.5 high on one 8.5 x 11 landscape sheet to print in an 5.5 x 8.5 binder so I need the inside margin to be wider. I can't find this in my Office 2000 help or on line. It seems so simple and while they have postcards and other sizes they don't seem to have half size side by side. Serena Is this a Publisher question?? Setup your page for 8.5 x 11 landscape Then set your layout guides the way you want Arrange | Layout Guides. I usually set a vertical center line at 5.5 then put guides where I want the gutter. Then...

Outlook 2003
I added the newsreader to the Go menu. It worked. I rebooted at some point and now the news item is not on the go Menu and it is not avaible to be added. Will I have to restore my system to an earlier date or is there an easier way to add it back. I have no problems working in the registry. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No ...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Exchange 2003 Statistics
How do you find out the number of emails your Exchange server processes per day? Senior administration loves these statistics but I don't know where to extract this information. Looking for the number of emails sent internally vs. externally. Message Tracking logs, PerfMon, 3rd party products (you can start your research at www.quest.com). Shawn wrote: > How do you find out the number of emails your Exchange server processes per > day? Senior administration loves these statistics but I don't know where to > extract this information. Looking for the number of emails s...

Outlook 2003 News Reader problems
I'm having problems getting the news reader to work with Outlook 2003 Professional.... It works once and then fails and seems to point to this directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 That is when it shows up in the Go menu... most of the time the link is not there... Any ideas... I hate having to use OX to view newsgroups... sort of defeats the purpose... Steve You hate "having to use OX to view newsgroups?" What did you think you were using before? OE has always been the news reader for Outlook. Configure it as such in Control Panel > Internet option...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

mailbox limited
Hi all How can i do this in exchange 2003 I have two distribution group, which are student and staff. I want to set mailbox limited on staff to 40 and student to to 20 How can I acheive it ?? Thanks I would like to know how to do this too.Isn't there what's called a "mail policy" (not in group policy" where you can do this and also set retention time for deleted items, sent items etc for different groups in AD? "hh" wrote: > Hi all > How can i do this in exchange 2003 > I have two distribution group, which are student and staff. I want to set &...

Uninstalling and downgrading from 2007 to 2003
Ok, here we go. My beta just expired and I would like to downgrade back to my old office 2003. What do I need to backup? and How do I do it? I need EVERYTHING from outlook. Mails, Folders, Tasks, Notes and Calendar items. Import/Export seems to be disabled. Please help me. Thanks, emp emp <mklinge@gmail.com> wrote: > Ok, here we go. > My beta just expired and I would like to downgrade back to my old > office 2003. > What do I need to backup? and How do I do it? > > I need EVERYTHING from outlook. Mails, Folders, Tasks, Notes and > Calendar items. Since Outlo...

Outlook 2003 #288
I am using an outlook connected to exchange server for my emails. when i'm not on cached mode, i can successfully send a "do not deliver before" prescribed time email. the exchange will put my message into the some kind of "deferred queue" and exchange will deliver the email at the time specified even though i dont have my outlook running at when the time comes because of that "deferred queue". but when I'm in cached mode. that email just sits there in my outbox and it doesn't actually being sent out to the server "deferred queue". The reaso...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

Server 2003
I am getting an error message while running the database on Server 2003. The error is at the terminals of something to the effect of Cannot Recognize the Database. Some here think it has to do with permissions for the server. Right now we are running the database on computer attached to the network through the server, but that isn't really what we want. Any help? We use Win2003 without any problems. In fact I upgraded one last night to SQL Express. I suppose that the log in and password for the database could be wrong. We use SQL authentication, not windows authentication. C...

Cannot remove Exchange 5.5 Server from Site!
Hi everyone - I have an Exchange 5.5 system with 4 NT4.0 SP6a Servers all running 5.5 SP4. I have to remove the first server in the site and have completed the migration of the first server in site roles to one of the new Exchange servers. BUT - now when I shut down the server I am trying to de-commission (as a test to see what happens with it turned off), some of my Outlook 97 users and Outlook 2001 Mac Edition users freeze up. It appears that with the OL97 PC Clients, deleting the profile and re-creating it works OK. HOWEVER, re-building the OL 2001 profiles on the Apple Macs has no effect...

Publisher SB Edition 2003 Keeps Shutting Down
Please help, everytime I try to open a file in publisher I get an error message and it keeps shutting down, the message states 'publisher failed to start correctly - do you want to open in safe mode' (i'm not very technical so any help would be great) Thanks ...