Microsoft SQL...

We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We
purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the
backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files
for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall
W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do
we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with
Exchange / Backup Exec?

Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance!
0
allan9933 (16)

you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box?  why is that?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Allan" <allan@vidcomNOSPAM.org> wrote in message
> We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We
> purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the
> backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files
> for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall
> W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do
> we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with
> Exchange / Backup Exec?
>
> Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance!

0
sconkey (3059)
1/30/2006 6:50:30 PM
Get the SQL server agent if necessary. The "SQL" files have nothing to do
with Exchange.

Nue
"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box?  why is that?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Allan" <allan@vidcomNOSPAM.org> wrote in message
>> We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We
>> purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the
>> backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files
>> for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall
>> W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do
>> we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with
>> Exchange / Backup Exec?
>>
>> Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance!

0
imaneophyte (3005)
1/30/2006 6:57:53 PM
Good question. I assumed that the SQL was installed with / by Backup
Exec. We did not do an SQL install.

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:50:30 -0800, "Susan"
<sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:

>you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box?  why is that?

0
allan9933 (16)
1/30/2006 7:01:19 PM
Sounds like you installed BE directly on your exchange server. BE will
install MSDE(sql lite) to keep track of tapes and what not.

Allan wrote:
> Good question. I assumed that the SQL was installed with / by Backup
> Exec. We did not do an SQL install.
>

> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:50:30 -0800, "Susan"
> <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box?  why is that?

0
jason.meyer (105)
1/30/2006 7:29:07 PM
We did install BE on the Exchange Server. I thought that this was a
limited version of SQL used by BE. So, back to my original question,
is not backing up these files an issue?

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:29:07 -0600, Jason Meyer
<jason.meyer@nospam.isd623.org> wrote:

>Sounds like you installed BE directly on your exchange server. BE will
>install MSDE(sql lite) to keep track of tapes and what not.
>
>Allan wrote:
>> Good question. I assumed that the SQL was installed with / by Backup
>> Exec. We did not do an SQL install.
>>

>> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:50:30 -0800, "Susan"
>> <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box?  why is that?

0
allan9933 (16)
1/31/2006 3:52:26 PM
it's not an issue as far as Exchange is concerned...

--

> We did install BE on the Exchange Server. I thought that this was a
> limited version of SQL used by BE. So, back to my original question,
> is not backing up these files an issue?
>

> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:29:07 -0600, Jason Meyer
> <jason.meyer@nospam.isd623.org> wrote:
>
> >Sounds like you installed BE directly on your exchange server. BE will
> >install MSDE(sql lite) to keep track of tapes and what not.
> >
> >Allan wrote:
> >> Good question. I assumed that the SQL was installed with / by Backup
> >> Exec. We did not do an SQL install.

0
sconkey (3059)

Searching a real time converter to sql server
My vb6 and vb.net application needs to be used with a jet database (already does) and sql server 2005. In the software, i have written all queries using access syntax (iif, format) not supported by sql server. I was searching for a "real time query translator" to which (at run time) i pass the query (in access format) and it gives back the query in sql server format. Anybody can help? Thanks. ...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Printing Problem in SQL Reporting Service
Hi, Seen a couple of posts about this but no conclusion. Trying to print a SQL Report from CRM and getting an error 0x80004005. These reports can be seen on screen and exported but cannot be directly printed to any printer. Checked all IE settings and put them as low as possible. The only other thing that might be contributing is Sophos AV. Any answers anyone ? Regards Peter. ...

Using Float Type Variables for Primary on SQL 2005
We seem to have hit an oddity. We have a stored procedure that gets the next sequence number. It is protected by a transaction so no two processes could update the table of ids at the same time. Every so often, we get duplicates. How could that happen? Is the value based on mantissa? If so, is there a way to expanded it? Keep in mind, I can't change the type from float. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance On 2010-07-19 16:19, RG wrote: > We seem to have hit an oddity. > Please don't multi-post. If you have to post to multiple newsgroup...

Microsoft Promo

microsoft XL

Use SQL to delete record from underlying query
I have a form that is a main and subform. The subform uses dlookup to find multiple values that are used as defaults for the current record. This process is complex and ends up using code to modify bound fields. This works great until I want to cancel the update. If the user wants to add a record, this form is loaded and all of the prior settings from the underlying tables are brought in. If I then click Cancel to close the form and not complete the new entry, the record is saved anyway. I understand why the record is saved by Access. I wanted to delete the just added record as a roundabout ...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Stop Sql from starting automatically
How do I stop the Sql Server Service from starting at boot up? If I look in Services on XP the Sql Server(SQL2005) is set to manual). There is nothing in the Startup folder to start it. I can't see anything in the Run folder in the registry. Why is it starting and how do I stop it and only have it start when I go to services and tell it to start? Thanks, Tom Perhaps SQL Server Agent is set to start automatically? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "tshad" <...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

importing XML doc into SQL Server
Hello, I am trying to import an XML document into SQL Server. I have tried DTS, bulk loading into SQL server and anything else I can think of... The only thing that has worked slightly is : Dim objSQLConn As New SqlConnection(Constants.ConnectionString) Dim objAdapter As SqlDataAdapter Dim objDataRow, objDBRow As DataRow Dim objDSXML As New DataSet() Dim child As Xml.XmlNode Dim objDSDBTable As New DataSet("tblStandardstest") Dim ObjCmdBuilder As SqlCommandBuilder objDSXML.ReadXml("c:/inetpub/wwwroot/olpt7/ACH_STATE_SUBJECT_Ohio_2001_Engli sh.xml") objSQLConn.Open(...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....

Microsoft SQL...
We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with Exchange / Backup Exec? Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance! you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box? why is that? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Allan" ...

microsoft money loosing VAT content in split catogory withdrawl
Hi I have money 2000 and file VAT returns with the information it provides. I just discovered that if I have a split catogory withdrawl the VAT component is blank (greyed out) and is not in report. Can any one help with this problem thanks Gary ...

Sample questions for Microsoft CRM certification
Hi all, Can somebody provide sample questions or some URL for CRM certification (1. Installation & configuration AND 2. CRM Customization) If you scan the archives of this group someone was offering a sample test with 150 questions. I do not know the legality of it and I am not aware of any other test simulations for Microsoft CRM. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C394D5F9-15EE-4154-9B91-D3248FE422D4@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > Can someb...

Microsoft Money 2000 and Microsoft Money Essentials
I just purchased a new computer with Microsoft Vista and Microsoft Money Essentials. I have been using Microsoft Money 2000 on my old computer running WindowsXP. I backed it up on a thumbdrive and tried to transfer my files (years of my financial history) to the Microsoft Money Essentials that was installed on my new computer, but the message I get is: "Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money." Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can download my financial information from the old program to the new program? Thank you Money Essentials is no...

Upgrade from a Microsoft CRM 3.0 Prof. (trial) to CRM 3.0 (SBS)
Hello . I want to upgrade a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 from a professional edition (trial version) to a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 in a Small Bussines Server. My question is if this is possible. I've found some documents to upgrade the program from SBS to professional edition and I supose thats the procedure it's the same for the other way. Thanks Miquel From Microsoft's evaluation download page: "The Small Business Edition trial version can be converted to a commercial Small Business Edition or Professional Edition. The Professional Edition trial version cannot be ...