Microsoft SQL...

We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We
purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the
backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files
for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall
W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do
we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with
Exchange / Backup Exec?

Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance!
0
allan9933 (16)

you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box?  why is that?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Allan" <allan@vidcomNOSPAM.org> wrote in message
> We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We
> purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the
> backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files
> for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall
> W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do
> we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with
> Exchange / Backup Exec?
>
> Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance!

0
sconkey (3059)
1/30/2006 6:50:30 PM
Get the SQL server agent if necessary. The "SQL" files have nothing to do
with Exchange.

Nue
"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box?  why is that?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Allan" <allan@vidcomNOSPAM.org> wrote in message
>> We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We
>> purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the
>> backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files
>> for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall
>> W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do
>> we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with
>> Exchange / Backup Exec?
>>
>> Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance!

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/30/2006 6:57:53 PM
Good question. I assumed that the SQL was installed with / by Backup
Exec. We did not do an SQL install.

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:50:30 -0800, "Susan"
<sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:

>you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box?  why is that?

0
allan9933 (16)
1/30/2006 7:01:19 PM
Sounds like you installed BE directly on your exchange server. BE will
install MSDE(sql lite) to keep track of tapes and what not.

Allan wrote:
> Good question. I assumed that the SQL was installed with / by Backup
> Exec. We did not do an SQL install.
>

> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:50:30 -0800, "Susan"
> <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box?  why is that?

0
jason.meyer (105)
1/30/2006 7:29:07 PM
We did install BE on the Exchange Server. I thought that this was a
limited version of SQL used by BE. So, back to my original question,
is not backing up these files an issue?

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:29:07 -0600, Jason Meyer
<jason.meyer@nospam.isd623.org> wrote:

>Sounds like you installed BE directly on your exchange server. BE will
>install MSDE(sql lite) to keep track of tapes and what not.
>
>Allan wrote:
>> Good question. I assumed that the SQL was installed with / by Backup
>> Exec. We did not do an SQL install.
>>

>> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:50:30 -0800, "Susan"
>> <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box?  why is that?

0
allan9933 (16)
1/31/2006 3:52:26 PM
it's not an issue as far as Exchange is concerned...

--

> We did install BE on the Exchange Server. I thought that this was a
> limited version of SQL used by BE. So, back to my original question,
> is not backing up these files an issue?
>

> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:29:07 -0600, Jason Meyer
> <jason.meyer@nospam.isd623.org> wrote:
>
> >Sounds like you installed BE directly on your exchange server. BE will
> >install MSDE(sql lite) to keep track of tapes and what not.
> >
> >Allan wrote:
> >> Good question. I assumed that the SQL was installed with / by Backup
> >> Exec. We did not do an SQL install.

0
sconkey (3059)

Microsoft CRM Evaluation Copy
Hello We are Microsoft Partners, and we would like to install and demonstrate an evaluation copy of Microsoft CRM to a third party. Could you please advise us if it is possible to obtain an evaluation copy or perhaps use the MSDN website to download CRM and instal it for a third party firm for the sake of evaluating it. Please Advise Thanks Kinda, CRM is available to MSDN Universal subscribers along with usual licensing caveats that MSDN licenses carry. Thus, you can install it for demoing purposes. I'm not sure what you were planning, but I would install it on your own equipem...

SQL Server Reporting Services and IIS
I am learning SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). From what I have read, SSRS needs IIS to operate as the report server. How have people on the forum been implementing it? Do you normally load IIS on a separate Windows 2003 server? Do you load IIS on the GP server? IIS will run on Windws XP. Would you use IIS and SSRS (SQL Express) on XP for a client with 5 - 10 users? Hi, You are correct, SSRS does require IIS. In most installations, two virtual directories will be created under the default website (or another website on the IIS server if desired). The "Reports" vi...

Switching companies using SQL Passthrough
I have an application that uses SQL_Passthrough. As part of the code you must execute a statement that uses the appropriate database. The code looks like this: set SQL_Statements to "use MYDB"; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection, field SQL_Statements); This works fine, but my application can be used for any number of databases. At first, I modified it to use the Dex.ini file, which works. Here is the modification: dbname = Defaults_Read("SQLDB"); dbopencommand = "use " + dbname; set SQL_Statements to dbopencommand; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection,...

your microsoft crm server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade microsoft crm server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft crm sales for outlook again
Help me, I'm installing MSCRM SFO 1.2 on a windows XP machine (sp1) i'm getting the error: your microsoft crm server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade microsoft crm server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft crm sales for outlook again I do find 2 postings about the same problem, but no answer on this problem... The server is a win2000 server with MSCRM 1.2 installed, IE 6 sp1 Exchange server has Exchange 2000, and outlook 2002 installed, IE 6 sp1 The XP machine has outlook 2002 installed, sp1, IE 6 sp1 including some bug fixes I can't figure out what i need ...

Microsoft Money or Quicken Premier
Does MS Money handle Call and Put Options OK. I'm using Quicken now but it seems to have problems handling calls. Anybody move from Quicken to Money, how do you like it. Thank you I've been using Money for the last few years, and it does handle options pretty well. However, I've found that it is more reliable if you manually enter the option information (symbol, underlying, strike, etc), before doing a download from the brokerage. Letting the download create the option sometimes results in an option that is not tracked in the CapGains reports (at least in Money 2004, 5, ...

Warning apper during installation of Microsoft CRM Client for Outl
Hello, when I try the installation of Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook 1.2, the follow alert message appears: "Setup was enable to find an istance of Microsoft CRM Server components" The user is a member of local administrator's group (request of installation), and it's also member of Active Directory of CRM's domain. I do not understand why this alert appears... After this message, installation fails. Any idea? Thanks. Max The message suggests that the crm server cannot be found - did you specific the correct name of the crm server in the install wizard? Is th...

Something Microsoft should add to IE and Office functionality
I was pricing a system build the other day on the internet by typing in what I found in Excel 2003. Then I thought, why can't I just drag these hyperlinks and text and prices to the spreadsheet cells? It doesn't work. I think it would definitely be a neat feature and productivity enhancement to allow for someone to either select text and then drag or drag a hyperlink to an excel cell to paste. Select text Ctrl+C Select Excel Cell Ctrl+V Don't come much easier than that! P "Joseph" <joeastral@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0e3501c38e7d$500f9300$a...

schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata
Where can I find a list of the valid annotations (attributes?) available in this namespace? Thanks, Darwin I found what I was looking for. For future reference, here it is: http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/07/msdata.xsd Enjoy, Darwin "Darwin Fisk" <Darwin@DotNetDesigns.com> wrote in message news:eKFqhsagFHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Where can I find a list of the valid annotations (attributes?) available > in this namespace? > > Thanks, > Darwin > ...

Plz Help Microsoft Excel Novice
Someone help me I�m a complete novice at Microsoft excel Let�s imagine a betting scenario a1 is the stake whilst b1 is the price/odds and so c1 =profit/winnings C1=SUM(A1*B1) Now a2 = 5 and b2= 4 ��. C2=SUM(A2*B2) I only want to calculate c2 if c1 is a profit i.e. more than 0 If c1 is not more than 0 than I don�t want to calculate C2 How do I do this condition? �.. I�ve tried this by going to insert and then function etc but it doesn�t work can you give me a step by step guide on how to do this -- hitec80 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hitec80'...

SQL Script to run
Hi, I would like to know if exist in MFC ADO class, a way how to execute a SQL Script ? It does not matter which database it is (MS SQL, Oracle, PostGreSQL,...) I was thinking to create a flat text/SQL parser to parse and analyze each command one by one, but i would rather prefer use an existing MFC class feature if possible. thanks a lot, Maileen ...

Microsoft: When will integration be released?
I would like for an MS rep to respond to me with a FOR SURE answer on when integration from CRM to GP will be released. I've had a MS sales rep tell me that it already has been released, but I've had an MS presenter and non-MS people tell me it won't be released for another 90 days. Can someone from MS please clear this up? Communicating this to customers shouldn't be this much of an issue. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

SQL Query needed
Sample Data Type # Amt # Trno # DC # Code # Subcode ADV # 1000 # 1 #D # 103625 # ADV # 1000 # 1 #C # 103400 # S1 ADV # 2000 # 2 #D # 103625 # ADV # 2000 # 2 #C # 103400 # S2 VES # 5000 # 1 #D # 103400 # S1 VES # 5000 # 1 #C # 300070 # S1 Now I wanna find out the details of Code & Subcode of Type(VES) which does not match with Type ADV Expected result should come with subcode of the other record ADV # 2000 # 2 #D # 103625 # S2 Thanks in advance Nirene -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/2010...

Customising Outlook Today in Microsoft XP
I have just changed from MS 2000 to MS XP and am using Outlook 2000. I cannot customise my Outlook Today anymore, please can you advise. Hi Katherine, you could find an answer here, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Katherine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2c1fc01c469b7$5c43b7d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have just changed from MS 2000 to MS XP and am using > Ou...

Microsoft Office XP accounting
I'm trying to do an accounting project and the computer I'm on only has Microsoft XP Home Edition of Excel and therefore doesn't have the accounting number format in the 'format cells' option. Is there anything I can download to update this version so that I can get an 'A' on this project? Well, I've never been aware of a difference in cell formats. There is no "home" edition of Microsoft Excel. But here's a custom format that appears when Accounting with 2 decimals is chosen: _($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* "-"??_);_(@_) ******...

Scheduling legacy DTS packages in SQL 2008 SP1
I have hundreds of DTS packages that I brought over from SQL2000 into a SQL 2008 Enterprise SP1 64 bit environment, on Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit. Our plan is to bring everything over as is, and convert to SSIS as time permits. I've run into a bit of a stumbling block hopefully someone out there can assist me with. I can run the dts package by running it at the command line via DTSRUN /S I can run the dts package by hand via the backward compatability design time components when I schedule a job to do DTSRUN as a cmdexec the job fails saying it cannot find the specified file, ...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library??

SQL Trace: "Normalizing" TextData Column Values to Obtain "Query Signatures" for Hashing
Hi All, The TextData column in a SQL Trace table will contain a distinct string for any invocation of the captured SQL statement that was invoked with a set of parameters distinct from those before. So, for instance, 'EXEC dbo.PayThisInvoice 130254' is naturally different than 'EXEC dbo.PayThisInvoice 342902'. But, clearly, both statements involve invocation of the same stored procedure. For monitoring purposes over time, I need to be able to recognize that these and any similar statements are actually using the same underlying query. Standard practice, as I under...

T-SQL is not quite there yet
In SQL 2008, the T-SQL language is getting better, but there are still some frustrating issues that keep biting me in day-to-day use. 1) Calls to stored procedures can't be nested. That is, one stored procedure can't do an Insert Into <Table> Exec <StoredProc1> if StoredProc1 does the same thing to insert data from StoredProc2. Why not? Well, we can maybe get around that; chunks of code that return result sets should be functions anyway. So, recasting these stored procedures as table-valued functions leads to the recognition of just how bad the restri...

SQL query question 06-04-07
Hi all, I have a SQL query question... I have a table with road segments that have a low and high address (see sample QUERY below) I am wanting to produce a report of the roads that meet the following... 1. [FROM_ADD] > 0 AND ( 2. the [FROM_ADD] > [TO_ADD] OR 3. if there is more than one segment with the same name... the [FROM_ADD] < the previous road segment with the same name's [TO_ADD] ) So if I ran it on the query below, I would end up with... AARONDALE ROAD Because third segment's [FROM_ADD] ...

installing Microsoft Publisher 2000
I had to get new computer, XP. But trying to install my older Publisher2000 comes up with error 1402. What can I do Ad Try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236427 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Janus" <Janus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6034429A-9587-4E23-99E2-3BA1281C1D43@microsoft.com... >I had to get new computer, XP. But trying to install my older Publisher2000 > comes up with error 1402. What can I do > > Ad Hi Joann' Thanks for your quick response....

inbox repair tool- can not open microsoft outlook 2007
when i try to open microsoft outlook 2007, i get a : " cannot start microsoft office outlook, cannot open the outlook window, the set of folders cannot be opened,. errors have been detected in the file c:/users/korinasoffice/appdata/local/microsoft/office/outlook.pst" use the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. how do i fix this???? You use the tool scanpst.exe to fix the data file. You can do a search, make sure you enable the search to go through hidden files and folders. When scanpst.exe is found, double-click it. Follow ...

Questions about Microsoft Office Outlook Connector (Beta)
Hello, I have some questions about this tool, where I am not sure if the reason is maybe a config problem: -Each time I start Outlook it ask me for the passwords, the field with the password is filled out, I must only push "OK", but why the messages appear? (Save password is checked, but seems not to work) -In the toolbar I have a yellow "!" because I am not a premium user and therefore I can't sync the calendar. It's possible to disable the calendar feature? Or the warning icon about this? I can't see at the moment if there is a problem with Hotmail or contacts...

SQL 2008 on SBS 2003
Hi Have a client with SBS2003 Premium under VMWARE on one box and Terminal Server 2003 under XEN 5.5 on another box in the same sbs 2003 domain. Their 3rd party Database is on SQL on the SBS and they have been told they need to move to SQL 2008 Standard shortly to support the new version of the 3rd party software. Can we run SQL 2008 on the SBS or upgrade the current SQL to 2008? Cheers Ash Rile Auckland, NZ You will either have to upgrade to SBS 2k8 or install SQL 2k8 on windows server 2k3. On Apr 9, 9:31=A0am, Ash Rile <priv...@im.sorry> wrote: > Hi &...

Trying to install Microsoft CRM with OutLook on Windows 2000
When trying install MS CRM 1.2 disk 2 (Sales for Outlook), I am prevented from completing the install as I get the message "installation failed" "you must install SQL Desktop Server Engine separately". When trying to install it separately the setup seems to start running then stops after extracting files and doesn't complete. There are no error messages and nothing in the Event Viewer ? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for your help. ...

How do I use a POP 3 account in Microsoft Outlook to have the choice of choosing my sending addess
How do I use a POP 3 account in Microsoft Outlook to have the choice of choosing my sending addess. I am running on an Exchange server and we have two domains that we send through. I am trying to find a way to allow the user to choose which domain address will appear on the from box when he sends his email. I do not want to pay for the software that allows this and was wondering if this was possible through a POP 3 account. I have tried almost everything I can, please help.... Chuck wrote: > How do I use a POP 3 account in Microsoft Outlook to have the choice > of choosing my sendi...