Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector

Hi Folks,
I have mail enabled some public folders to use in calendar scheduling for
meetings (they are rooms). Is there a way to apply free/busy information to
them because it is not visible when including them in a meeting request if
there are already meeting reservations on its calendar.
Thanks!
0
Matt1817 (383)

The right way to do this would be to create resource mailboxes rather than
public folders. Then you can either use the AutoAccept agent or manually
configure a mailbox (from Outlook) as a resource mailbox to accept meeting
requests and decline conflicting meetings.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
> I have mail enabled some public folders to use in calendar scheduling for
> meetings (they are rooms). Is there a way to apply free/busy information
> them because it is not visible when including them in a meeting request if
> there are already meeting reservations on its calendar.
> Thanks!

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
10/8/2005 12:09:00 AM
As to the subject of your message, the Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy
Connector applies only to Microsoft Mail.  It has nothing to do with
Exchange free/busy data.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
> I have mail enabled some public folders to use in calendar scheduling for
> meetings (they are rooms). Is there a way to apply free/busy information
> them because it is not visible when including them in a meeting request if
> there are already meeting reservations on its calendar.
> Thanks!

0
curspice6401 (3487)
10/8/2005 2:31:07 AM
Or the third option - use Exchange Resource Manager. www.swinc.com/erm

"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> The right way to do this would be to create resource mailboxes rather than
> public folders. Then you can either use the AutoAccept agent or manually
> configure a mailbox (from Outlook) as a resource mailbox to accept meeting
> requests and decline conflicting meetings.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> --------------------------------
>
> "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Folks,
>> I have mail enabled some public folders to use in calendar scheduling for
>> meetings (they are rooms). Is there a way to apply free/busy information
>> them because it is not visible when including them in a meeting request
>> if
>> there are already meeting reservations on its calendar.
>> Thanks!

0
awebb7472 (650)
10/8/2005 3:25:58 AM
Thanks Bharat! How do I do configure a mailbox to do this through Outlook?

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> The right way to do this would be to create resource mailboxes rather than
> public folders. Then you can either use the AutoAccept agent or manually
> configure a mailbox (from Outlook) as a resource mailbox to accept meeting
> requests and decline conflicting meetings.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> --------------------------------
>
> "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Folks,
> > I have mail enabled some public folders to use in calendar scheduling for
> > meetings (they are rooms). Is there a way to apply free/busy information
> > them because it is not visible when including them in a meeting request if
> > there are already meeting reservations on its calendar.
> > Thanks!

0
Matt1817 (383)
10/10/2005 3:47:10 PM
Just create a mailbox-enabled user account.  If you want automatic
acceptance of meeting requests and other features, check out
http://www.swinc.com/erm.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Thanks Bharat! How do I do configure a mailbox to do this through Outlook?
>
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> The right way to do this would be to create resource mailboxes rather
>> than
>> public folders. Then you can either use the AutoAccept agent or manually
>> configure a mailbox (from Outlook) as a resource mailbox to accept
>> meeting
>> requests and decline conflicting meetings.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> --------------------------------
>>
>> "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Folks,
>> > I have mail enabled some public folders to use in calendar scheduling
>> > for
>> > meetings (they are rooms). Is there a way to apply free/busy
>> > information
>> > them because it is not visible when including them in a meeting request
>> > if
>> > there are already meeting reservations on its calendar.
>> > Thanks!

0
curspice6401 (3487)

microsoft
weghtgh ...

delete a report from Business Portal
I created several reports in GP that publish to a shared folder and then are viewed in Business Portal. I want to remove some of them of the reports that are no longer used. I deleted the report in GP, and even deleted the report in the shared folder, but in Business Portal, the report is still shown as an option, though nothing appears when the report is selected. How can I remove these reports as options in Business Portal. I imagine that I can do it in the ReportCatalog table in the database using a Delete statment, is there another option? Thanks, KJ ...

Microsoft Promo

microsoft XL

POP Connector Exchnage 2007?
Hello! Any working POP3 Connector to Exchange 2007? On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:11:22 +0300, "Test" <news@test.com> wrote: >Hello! > >Any working POP3 Connector to Exchange 2007? > Most of them. POPCON just works because it pulls the mail down and then sends it via SMTP to the Exchange server. ...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Cannot delete scheduled deposit !
I have a memorized deposit entered with multiple split lines. Each time I try to delete or modify it I get this error... "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation cannot be performed or another application finished this task before you. Please try again." Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance. ...

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Outlook using Groupwise Connector
I have installed and uninstalled Outlook 2003 and the GroupWise Connector for Outlook so many times in the last few days it is driving me nuts. We are still on GroupWise 6.5 post offices and I have a Connector that is supposed to work. If I install just the Connector and Outlook 2003, when I start Outlook it will way it can't find some gw***.dll file. So, if I then install GroupWise as well (which you can do - just don't run them at the same time) Outlook will recognize the post office and load the existing emails. However after a few seconds (before I get complete control) I ge...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....

SBF vs. Business Works
Hello: Tomorrow AM, I am conducting an SBF demo. As far as I know, the only other app that the prospect is looking at is Sage's Business Works. Does anyone have any Business Works negatives that they would like to share with me that I can pass onto the prospect? Thanks! childofthe1980s Disregard....I posted to the wrong newsgroup.... "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Tomorrow AM, I am conducting an SBF demo. As far as I know, the only other > app that the prospect is looking at is Sage's Business Works. > > Does anyone have any Business Wor...

Microsoft SQL...
We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with Exchange / Backup Exec? Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance! you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box? why is that? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Allan" ...

microsoft money loosing VAT content in split catogory withdrawl
Hi I have money 2000 and file VAT returns with the information it provides. I just discovered that if I have a split catogory withdrawl the VAT component is blank (greyed out) and is not in report. Can any one help with this problem thanks Gary ...

Business Alert when Remit To Address changes
Is there a way to write a business alert if someone changes anything on the Remit To address "Larry C" wrote: > Is there a way to write a business alert to notify someone if the adrscode = 'remit to' address1 changes Using Business Alerts within DynamicsGP, No, it cannot be done. There is not tha tracking of changes on the Customer Address MSTR table necessary when using out of the box DynamicsGP. ------ Robert "Larry C" <LarryC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85FDB266-6E14-4492-A53C-CCDE2BEF89C9@microsoft.com... > > > &...

Sample questions for Microsoft CRM certification
Hi all, Can somebody provide sample questions or some URL for CRM certification (1. Installation & configuration AND 2. CRM Customization) If you scan the archives of this group someone was offering a sample test with 150 questions. I do not know the legality of it and I am not aware of any other test simulations for Microsoft CRM. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C394D5F9-15EE-4154-9B91-D3248FE422D4@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > Can someb...

Microsoft Money 2000 and Microsoft Money Essentials
I just purchased a new computer with Microsoft Vista and Microsoft Money Essentials. I have been using Microsoft Money 2000 on my old computer running WindowsXP. I backed it up on a thumbdrive and tried to transfer my files (years of my financial history) to the Microsoft Money Essentials that was installed on my new computer, but the message I get is: "Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money." Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can download my financial information from the old program to the new program? Thank you Money Essentials is no...

Upgrade from a Microsoft CRM 3.0 Prof. (trial) to CRM 3.0 (SBS)
Hello . I want to upgrade a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 from a professional edition (trial version) to a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 in a Small Bussines Server. My question is if this is possible. I've found some documents to upgrade the program from SBS to professional edition and I supose thats the procedure it's the same for the other way. Thanks Miquel From Microsoft's evaluation download page: "The Small Business Edition trial version can be converted to a commercial Small Business Edition or Professional Edition. The Professional Edition trial version cannot be ...