Microsoft Exchange options missing from the windows backup utility

Im trying to use ntbackup installed in serverA (windows 2003) to backup a
exchange server in serverB (windows 2003 SP1)

A Exchange Servers Folder doesnt appear in ntbackup, then I have Exchange
System Manager in serverA installed but still..the Exchange Servers Folder
doesn't appear.

some idea ?

does the account you're logged on with have sufficient Exchange permissions?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Alexander Wolff" <AlexanderWolff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A7FFD6EA-10CA-42C2-9A46-92EED4FA16E2@microsoft.com...
> Im trying to use ntbackup installed in serverA (windows 2003) to backup a
> exchange server in serverB (windows 2003 SP1)
>
> A Exchange Servers Folder doesnt appear in ntbackup, then I have Exchange
> System Manager in serverA installed but still..the Exchange Servers Folder
> doesn't appear.
>
> some idea ?

0
sconkey (3059)
5/15/2006 7:09:43 PM
yes Susan, I run ntbackup with administrator.

"Susan" wrote:

> does the account you're logged on with have sufficient Exchange permissions?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Alexander Wolff" <AlexanderWolff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A7FFD6EA-10CA-42C2-9A46-92EED4FA16E2@microsoft.com...
> > Im trying to use ntbackup installed in serverA (windows 2003) to backup a
> > exchange server in serverB (windows 2003 SP1)
> >
> > A Exchange Servers Folder doesnt appear in ntbackup, then I have Exchange
> > System Manager in serverA installed but still..the Exchange Servers Folder
> > doesn't appear.
> >
> > some idea ?

Administrator does not automatically have permissions on Exchange...

--

message news:0A95EBDE-54C4-4456-8182-31854EB4B988@microsoft.com...
> yes Susan, I run ntbackup with administrator.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > does the account you're logged on with have sufficient Exchange
permissions?

> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "Alexander Wolff" <AlexanderWolff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:A7FFD6EA-10CA-42C2-9A46-92EED4FA16E2@microsoft.com...
> > > Im trying to use ntbackup installed in serverA (windows 2003) to
backup a
> > > exchange server in serverB (windows 2003 SP1)
> > >
> > > A Exchange Servers Folder doesnt appear in ntbackup, then I have
Exchange
> > > System Manager in serverA installed but still..the Exchange Servers
Folder
> > > doesn't appear.
> > >
> > > some idea ?

0
sconkey (3059)
5/15/2006 8:00:47 PM
Ok. but in this case i see that administrator have full controll over
"C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr" (where system manager is installed)

"Susan" wrote:

> Administrator does not automatically have permissions on Exchange...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Alexander Wolff" <AlexanderWolff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0A95EBDE-54C4-4456-8182-31854EB4B988@microsoft.com...
> > yes Susan, I run ntbackup with administrator.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > does the account you're logged on with have sufficient Exchange
> permissions?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "Alexander Wolff" <AlexanderWolff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > message news:A7FFD6EA-10CA-42C2-9A46-92EED4FA16E2@microsoft.com...
> backup a

> Exchange
> Folder

Is administrator a delegated Exchange Administrator?

"Alexander Wolff" wrote:

> Ok. but in this case i see that administrator have full controll over
> "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr" (where system manager is installed)
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > Administrator does not automatically have permissions on Exchange...
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "Alexander Wolff" <AlexanderWolff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:0A95EBDE-54C4-4456-8182-31854EB4B988@microsoft.com...
> > > yes Susan, I run ntbackup with administrator.

> > permissions?

> > backup a

> > Exchange
> > Folder

0
knightly (222)

Exclude a Domain Admin from having admin rights in an Exchange 2003 environment?
Is there any way to exclude a Domain Admin from having admin rights in an Exchange 2003 environment? I need to be able to make it so they cannot add themselves back in to have control. This is all in a single domain. Seems to me you have a bigger problem on your hands. Sure you can remove the Domain Admins from having permissions in Exchange, but the problem is that you can't stop them from adding their accounts to a group that *does* have permissions, or changing the password on an account that has permissions so that they can grant themselves permissions. To quote Ed Crowley:...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Exchange and hotmail
I've recently setup an Exchange 2003 server. Everything seems to be working well except one thing. When I try to send mail from a hotmail account to a user on the exchange domain, the message is bounced back to the hotmail account. I've read about PTR records and how some ISP's are trying to do use this to block spam, but I have sent mail from AOL and yahoo and the messages went through. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks, John Here is the posted message. Thanks, John From : <postmaster@mail.hotmail.com> Sent : Wednesday, July 7, 2004 3:57 PM To : us...

"dpm 2007" library shows "Missing:1" for a slot in quantum superlo
I have reinstalled the entire OS/DPM 2007 setup, but despite this, i'm still "missing" a slot in library.. slot 9 of my quantum dlt-s4 superloader 3. I've emptied that slot in the library just to make sure.. Does anyone know what would cause this and how to fix it? I'm on 2008 r2 x64 ( was on plain 2008 x64 before, no change).. Thanks I tried all of your suggestions, but #9 is still missing. (Note, again, that i had wiped the C drive and reinstalled 2007 dpm, as well as upgraded to 2010, all to no avail). I'm still thinking it may be a bad cart...

stopping spam on exchange 2003
I was asked to stop or slow down the amount of spam that's coming into our company's exchange server. How do I do that? Does exchange server 2003 come with it's own filter? Thanks for any help in advance. see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867633/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O911S97FHHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I was asked to stop or slow down the amount of spam that's coming into our >company's exchange server. How do I do that? Does exchange server 2003 >com...

Exchange not sending only in a several domains
Hello, Our new Exchange 2003 server does not send email to several domains, but for most domains it works OK. The messages are hanging in the queue. How do I diagnose more about the problem messages? Thanks for any help. Hadi ...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange 2003
Hello, Is it possible to create UNIX style mailing list in Exchange 2003? The member of this mailing list may include emails from outside the organisation. Thanks Hadi It works great until a user sends from the internet - then usually only local users get the mail. I haven't found any docs on how to get it to work properly. As a last resort: Mailman Majordomo Yahoo Groups is also easy to setup and free if you don't mind some ads. http://groups.yahoo.com/ -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Pl...

Outlook 2003 Contact missing that have physical addresses
I noticed a few contact missing earlier this week and didn't think anything of it until tonight. All my contacts that had a physical street address are gone. I've tried changing views, unchecking the email address list, backing up from pst (but it had just backed up on the 22nd so it looks the same). These are all my real addresses. Can anyone help. No recent software changes except the two from MS this week about security in outlook and spam-email filter EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Missing from where? If the Outlook Address Book, th...

Microsoft Promo

Using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP1 (updated) and I am connecting to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 (running on NT4). There is some issue I saw on connection, is there some way that I can used my Outlook 2003 connecting on Exchange 5.5? If not, can I install Outlook XP and remove Outlook 2003 without affecting the other component on Office 2003? Thanks in advance. ...

Offsite corporate Exchange Server
Because of redundancy problems (T1 goes off) we would like to move our internal exchange server to a hosting company. Our current Exchange server is Exchange 2003 and we utilize public folders. Each user has there own PST file. How can I move our Exchange server off site and continue to give my users access to their email and the public folders? I could use the IMAP connection, but then the mail is kept on our server. Another alternative is RPC over HTTP, but how slow is that? POP3 is a option, but then my users can't access the public folders Any ideas would be appreciated. ...

microsoft XL

BCC for exchange 2003 is not working
Hi Everyone, I have exchange 2003 server and for some reason when an outside email with bcc to a user. The exchange does not recognise it. Any suggestion? thank you regards Andrew Tan Stop using POP3 "connector". AT wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have exchange 2003 server and for some reason when an outside email with > bcc to a user. The exchange does not recognise it. Any suggestion? > > thank you > > regards > Andrew Tan If I don't used POP3 connector.. what can I used? thank you rgs AT "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.m...

asp.net, windows 7, and a return of the BSOD
I spent years and years using Windows XP without *ever* seeing a BSOD. I honestly thought these things were a thing of the past. Now I see one, or have my machine simply lock up hard, nearly every day and it only happens when I have just started an ASP.Net project in debug mode. The recovery tool kicks in on reboot but it always comes up with "no known cause" as the reason for the crash. This worries me because it suggests that MS isn't getting any meaningful feedback on the problem, which in turn means that I may experience this problem indefinitely. Has anyone ...

Exchange System Object Container
Hi, My Exchange System Object Container has been accidently moved to a different OU in the AD. Since then there were other changes to Exchange Public Folders new Stores etc which has rcreated a new Exchange System Object Container in the. Is this going to cause any problem? thanks Simon Simon: I have never seen this happen before, but I'll bet it is NOT GOOD. :-) Exchange can sometimes be really picky on the location of objects in Active Directory (such as the Exchange Domain Servers and Exchange Enterprise Servers groups MUST be in the CN=Users container!!!!) ...

How to change Exchange Organization name?
Dear all: I've try to restore Exchange, but I forgot the Organization name, is it possible to restore Exchange when Organization name was different? David no...are you working with Exchange 5.5? if so, and you're trying to restore without the exact same Org and Site names, there will be an error in the application event log that will tell you what the names should be... "David" <david_chiang@idle.com.tw_nospam> wrote in message news:ud15GyLcEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear all: > > I've try to restore Exchange, but I forgot the Organization n...

"xsi:type" missing from serialization of object- XmlSerializer